Barack Obama Named Recipient of JFK Profile in Courage Award

Look at all the ^^^ RWNJ Pootarian traitors^^^ who benefited from the 8 years of Obama being president. And they will continue to benefit for the rest of their lives.

Are they stupid? Very wealthy? Or just so completely invested in their own willful ignorance.

When the Dems are back in power, schools will go back to teaching critical thinking.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Great news. :mm: :woohoo:

Barack Obama named recipient of JFK Profile in Courage Award

Former President Barack Obama was named the 2017 winner of the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Thursday for carrying on his fellow Democrat's legacy.

"President Kennedy called on a new generation of Americans to give their talents to the service of the country," Kennedy's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, said in a statement. "With exceptional dignity and courage, President Obama has carried that torch into our own time, providing young people of all backgrounds with an example they can emulate in their own lives."

Caroline Kennedy and her son, Jack Schlossberg, will present Obama with the award May 7 at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston.
<more>

Great for President Obama, well deserved. I think you'll continue to see him win various awards for his work as president. Bringing the entire world back from the brink of a world-wide economic depression and single-handedly saving the US auto industry are noteworthy enough. But the list is much longer of his accomplishments.

Trump is due to go to a ward soon one would think as well.

Look at all the ^^^ RWNJ Pootarian traitors^^^ who benefited from the 8 years of Obama being president. And they will continue to benefit for the rest of their lives.

Are they stupid? Very wealthy? Or just so completely invested in their own willful ignorance.

When the Dems are back in power, schools will go back to teaching critical thinking.

Benefits butt. That grinning ape brain did nothing for me

Former President Barack Obama was named the 2017 winner of the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Thursday for carrying on his fellow Democrat's legacy.

"President Kennedy called on a new generation of Americans to give their talents to the service of the country," Kennedy's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, said in a statement. "With exceptional dignity and courage, President Obama has carried that torch into our own time, providing young people of all backgrounds with an example they can emulate in their own lives."

Caroline Kennedy and her son, Jack Schlossberg, will present Obama with the award May 7 at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston.
<more>

Great for President Obama, well deserved. I think you'll continue to see him win various awards for his work as president. Bringing the entire world back from the brink of a world-wide economic depression and single-handedly saving the US auto industry are noteworthy enough. But the list is much longer of his accomplishments.

I have some foil covered cardboard awards my kids made for me when they were kidlins.
Those have more meaning and value than anything trotted out for Obama the America hater

<more>

images.jpg

<more>

Trying to scratch his brain

Funny-Obama-Meme-I-Give-You-Metal-For-Smelling-Soo-Good-Image.jpg

021212coletoon.jpg

<more>

I have some foil covered cardboard awards my kids made for me when they were kidlins.
Those have more meaning and value than anything trotted out for Obama the America hater

f73c11c7a9c713fa325f990707ee97b2_-legos-funny-obama-meme-funny-memes-obama_625-456.jpeg

<more>

To you they probably do and should. They're your kids.

To the rest of the adult world they don't. Sorry.

<more>

Prove it!

<more>

Wait till the RWNJ Pooting lovers find out this is just a front for rounding up trump voters and dumping them in those FEMA aka Jade Helm camps.

If they're smart (LOL), they won't put toes guns away ...

[emoji23]

He created economic hardship with his green energy fiasco.
I think Obama did do a lot to steer our country from a huge disaster following the 2008 real estate bubble. The major banks needed recapitalisation after such heavy losses with CDS covering MBS and similar restructured debt that was poisoned with subprime mortgage debt. Huge wealth destruction measuring in the tens of trillions of USD was destroyed and this represents loss of not just capital, but assets that let banks extend loans.
Financial crisis of 2007–2008 - Wikipedia
There is a direct relationship between declines in wealth and declines in consumption and business investment, which along with government spending, represent the economic engine. Between June 2007 and November 2008, Americans lost an estimated average of more than a quarter of their collective net worth.[citation needed] By early November 2008, a broad US stock index the S&P 500, was down 45% from its 2007 high. Housing prices had dropped 20% from their 2006 peak, with futures markets signaling a 30–35% potential drop. Total home equity in the United States, which was valued at $13 trillion at its peak in 2006, had dropped to $8.8 trillion by mid-2008 and was still falling in late 2008. Total retirement assets, Americans' second-largest household asset, dropped by 22%, from $10.3 trillion in 2006 to $8 trillion in mid-2008. During the same period, savings and investment assets (apart from retirement savings) lost $1.2 trillion and pension assets lost $1.3 trillion. Taken together, these losses total a staggering $8.3 trillion.[225] Since peaking in the second quarter of 2007, household wealth is down $14 trillion.[232]
So we lost $14 trillion in personal wealth, largely home equity, which is a huge driver of small scale personal consumption, and we had a total financial loss of $8 trillion in addition, for a total of $22 TRILLION lost in that whole fiasco. We were facing an almost guaranteed depression if not a collapse of our entire financial system. Obama saved our asses during that period, though at the cost of anemic economic growth under heavy government controls.

We should really give some credit where credit is due. Despite using decades old, flawed Keynesian economics, Obama did get us through that dangerous period, and he took a lot of shit for it, including from me. He could have done better, but he did well enough to allow our financial system to survive intact. He should have gone further and used his presidential powers given him to protect vital national security interests to BREAK UP these too big to fail banks, and he faltered.

That will be a job for Trump to carry through on and it MUST be done. As well portrayed in the movie The Big Short, our financial system is being run by idiots who are only good at cheating and following the herd....right off the cliff.

I would give Obama a B+ for his handling of the Great Recession, as he could have done better, but he could without a doubt have done MUCH MUCH WORSE.

I think Obama did do a lot to steer our country from a huge disaster following the 2008 real estate bubble. The major banks needed recapitalisation after such heavy losses with CDS covering MBS and similar restructured debt that was poisoned with subprime mortgage debt. Huge wealth destruction measuring in the tens of trillions of USD was destroyed and this represents loss of not just capital, but assets that let banks extend loans.
There is a direct relationship between declines in wealth and declines in consumption and business investment, which along with government spending, represent the economic engine. Between June 2007 and November 2008, Americans lost an estimated average of more than a quarter of their collective net worth.[citation needed] By early November 2008, a broad US stock index the S&P 500, was down 45% from its 2007 high. Housing prices had dropped 20% from their 2006 peak, with futures markets signaling a 30–35% potential drop. Total home equity in the United States, which was valued at $13 trillion at its peak in 2006, had dropped to $8.8 trillion by mid-2008 and was still falling in late 2008. Total retirement assets, Americans' second-largest household asset, dropped by 22%, from $10.3 trillion in 2006 to $8 trillion in mid-2008. During the same period, savings and investment assets (apart from retirement savings) lost $1.2 trillion and pension assets lost $1.3 trillion. Taken together, these losses total a staggering $8.3 trillion.[225] Since peaking in the second quarter of 2007, household wealth is down $14 trillion.[232]
So we lost $14 trillion in personal wealth, largely home equity, which is a huge driver of small scale personal consumption, and we had a total financial loss of $8 trillion in addition, for a total of $22 TRILLION lost in that whole fiasco. We were facing an almost guaranteed depression if not a collapse of our entire financial system. Obama saved our asses during that period, though at the cost of anemic economic growth under heavy government controls.

We should really give some credit where credit is due. Despite using decades old, flawed Keynesian economics, Obama did get us through that dangerous period, and he took a lot of shit for it, including from me. He could have done better, but he did well enough to allow our financial system to survive intact. He should have gone further and used his presidential powers given him to protect vital national security interests to BREAK UP these too big to fail banks, and he faltered.

That will be a job for Trump to carry through on and it MUST be done. As well portrayed in the movie The Big Short, our financial system is being run by idiots who are only good at cheating and following the herd....right off the cliff.

I would give Obama a B+ for his handling of the Great Recession, as he could have done better, but he could without a doubt have done MUCH MUCH WORSE.

But Obama didn't do anything the guy just copied off of bush Jr...in economics

Except make the world worse in foreign affairs..

We didn't lose wealth. We lost an inflated number. It was phantom wealth that was gained and lost.
Obama bailed out banks and that was covered by taxpayers with actual capital that existed.
What Obama did was drive up energy costs which drove up all consumer goods prices as well and that created economic contraction.

But Obama didn't do anything the guy just copied off of bush Jr...in economics
No, he actually did, with the Quantitative Easing program, though I think it would have been better to recapitalize the banks with a three pronged approach instead; 1) restore Glass Steagal, 2)give Americans a one time tax forgiveness for 2011 of about $12,000 per person, which would have fueled a huge economic growth for a while, and 3) broken up the big banks.

But I'll take a half a loaf when I can get it.

<more>

Wait till the RWNJ Pooting lovers find out this is just a front for rounding up trump voters and dumping them in those FEMA aka Jade Helm camps.

If they're smart (LOL), they won't put toes guns away ...

[emoji23]

not-mine-but-wish-it-was_fb_2905893.jpg

We didn't lose wealth. We lost an inflated number. It was phantom wealth that was gained and lost.
Roshawn, you are a sharp guy and dont take this as an insult as I have a lot of respect for you.

Perceived wealth *IS* a form of wealth in that it can be used to get credit and then use that to capitalize more business expansion.

If my house is worth $400k and is $150k over what I owe on it, I can cash out some of that equity with a house refi and pay off high interest debts, start a business, etc.

But if my $400k house is instead appraised at $100k, I am in debt, underwater, and I cant do a damned thing but put in more over time.

Wealth does not have to be physical to be real; it can exist entirely in the minds of those who consider buying the commodity in question.

Forum List

Back