🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Barak: US plans 'surgical strike' if Iran sanctions fail

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Barak: US plans 'surgical strike' if Iran sanctions fail - Israel News, Ynetnews

In an interview with the Daily Beast, which was published over the weekend, the defense minister was asked if there were any way Israel could go to war with Iran that did not drag in the US.

"I don't see it as a binary kind of situation: either they (the Iranians) turn nuclear or we have a fully fledged war the size of the Iraqi war or even the war in Afghanistan," Barak told the American news website.

When are Americans gonna stand up to this shit and stop fighting Israel's wars? Could it be any more clear? I have friends in the Marines who actually think they will be deployed to Iran this year and they actually believe they have an objective, unfortunately they were brainwashed by the media to think its their war. This stuff is sickening. If it really was about nuclear weapons, what about North Korea? And Pakistan? Or does it have something to do with interests? .....hmm...you think about it.

If he bombs bombs bombs Iran will the right cheer or scream.

I bet they scream their heads off

"I don't see it as a binary kind of situation: either they (the Iranians) turn nuclear or we have a fully fledged war the size of the Iraqi war or even the war in Afghanistan," Barak told the American news website.

I do worry we're going to be dragged into something and that people will be afraid to resist because then they'll be labelled "anti-Semitic". The quote above is notable in that Barak says it's not a binary situation, but then he presents the options in a binary either/or format! :eusa_eh:

Interesting that US citizens have no choice in the matter, isn't it? If Romney had won the election, the same thing would've been policy. Until the citizenry wises up, the US military will continue to be a quasi-mercenary force working for corporate interests.

"What we basically say is that if worse comes to worst, there should be a readiness and an ability to launch a surgical operation that will delay them by a significant time frame and probably convince them that it won't work because the world is determined to block them."

The defense minister added, "We of course prefer that diplomacy will do. We of course prefer that some morning we wake up and see that the Arab Spring was translated into Farsi and jumped over the Gulf to the streets of Tehran, but you cannot build a plan on it. And we should be able to do it (stage a surgical series of strikes)."

In a televised interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Barak told the Daily Beast he used to mock his American friends and tell them 'You know, when we are talking about surgical operations we think of a scalpel, you think of a chisel with a 10-pound hammer." However, he said, that's not the case with the Obama administration. Under orders from the White House, he noted, "the Pentagon prepared quite sophisticated, fine, extremely fine, scalpels. So it is not an issue of a major war or a failure to block Iran. You could under a certain situation, if worse comes to worst, end up with a surgical operation."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4337098,00.html

I do worry we're going to be dragged into something and that people will be afraid to resist because then they'll be labelled "anti-Semitic". The quote above is notable in that Barak says it's not a binary situation, but then he presents the options in a binary either/or format! :eusa_eh:

No one should be afraid for being labeled anti Semitic, this isn't about Jewish people, lots of Jewish people out there have great reports on why this would be a bad idea, Jewish people stand with us too concerning this war, it will make everything worse for America and Israel. Radicals will triple in amount in the Middle East and Israel would be attacked everyday. This is a wrong war, not to mention what should be mentioned are the innocent civilians in Iran and Palestinians most likely will also be killed in a multi front war like this.

Interesting that US citizens have no choice in the matter, isn't it? If Romney had won the election, the same thing would've been policy. Until the citizenry wises up, the US military will continue to be a quasi-mercenary force working for corporate interests.

Couldn't have said it any better, our people really need to be involved in having at least a say when it comes to our foreign policy. Most of our citizens don't know what we do overseas. They are too busy working.

If he bombs bombs bombs Iran will the right cheer or scream.

I bet they scream their heads off

I will. It will be screaming about the hypocrisy of the left who will be behind obama 100%. We won't even hear a word from Code Pink about it either. That will be worth screaming about.

Personally I hope someone flattens that shithole.

My bet is that he accepts Iran as a nuclear partner...probably send them some stealth bombers to make things more fair.

Why not? Do you honestly think Iran will just fire nukes all over the place and have their country decimated? No, of course not. They are smart people and a huge, another middle eastern war will be a disaster. Many ex generals in the US military have stated this shouldn't be solved militarily. You remember when Iran agreed to Turkey and Brazil to do almost exactly what the West demanded Iran to do, Iran agreed to a deal with Turkey, the next day the US said Turkey undermined our efforts, you know what that tells me? That we don't want peace.

The iranian people are young and want a more secular government folks.

ahmydinnerjacket will NOT be ruler for ever

Do people understand the human catastrophe of bombing nuclear reactors? And to mention, Barak, the sanctions which already have effected children and many people in Iran. That's what you call civilized? Do people really think the US is an example to the world? Our image is horrible overseas and we the people should be more influential in our foreign policy.

Our close ally Pakistan has nuclear weapons and is far more politically unstable than Iran......... :cool:

That's precisely why we suck that government's cock instead of strong arm them like we do with Iran.

No one should be afraid for being labeled anti Semitic, this isn't about Jewish people, lots of Jewish people out there have great reports on why this would be a bad idea, Jewish people stand with us too concerning this war, it will make everything worse for America and Israel. Radicals will triple in amount in the Middle East and Israel would be attacked everyday. This is a wrong war, not to mention what should be mentioned are the innocent civilians in Iran and Palestinians most likely will also be killed in a multi front war like this.

I worry about it, because when the vote came up about whether to invade Iraq, even people like Hillary Clinton and John Kerry were afraid of being labelled "unpatriotic".

Forum List

Back