#BareShelvesBiden trends across multiple social media outlets...

Are you stupid or do you just play one online?
Once again I will supply you with actual facts

Lots of people are under the impression that the shortage of long haul truck drivers is a recent and direct result of the Covid pandemic. Although the pandemic exacerbated the shortage, it’s been brewing for years.

Driver demand exceeded supply by around 60k in 2019 and has hovered in that range over the past couple of years. As large as that number is, it’s actually projected to get worse in the coming years. We could see that number nearly triple in the next 5 to 10 years if we don’t work on the solutions to the truck driver shortage now.

What is the main reason behind the trucker shortage?

One of the main drivers in this discrepancy is that our current drivers are retiring faster than new drivers are signing on. If we want to effectively tackle the trucking shortage, we need to increase the size of the talent pool being groomed to take the place of retirees.

In addition to those in the ranks that are retiring, there are other forces that are causing our current freight drivers to ditch their lives on the road. Modern improvements that have made freight transport safer have also led to some truck drivers losing jobs. Things like in-cab cameras, driving time limits, and increased drug testing sometimes weed out drivers. Those who can’t hack the new technology and its requirements fall to the side and need to be replaced.

Once again I will supply you with actual facts

Lots of people are under the impression that the shortage of long haul truck drivers is a recent and direct result of the Covid pandemic. Although the pandemic exacerbated the shortage, it’s been brewing for years.

Driver demand exceeded supply by around 60k in 2019 and has hovered in that range over the past couple of years. As large as that number is, it’s actually projected to get worse in the coming years. We could see that number nearly triple in the next 5 to 10 years if we don’t work on the solutions to the truck driver shortage now.

What is the main reason behind the trucker shortage?

One of the main drivers in this discrepancy is that our current drivers are retiring faster than new drivers are signing on. If we want to effectively tackle the trucking shortage, we need to increase the size of the talent pool being groomed to take the place of retirees.

In addition to those in the ranks that are retiring, there are other forces that are causing our current freight drivers to ditch their lives on the road. Modern improvements that have made freight transport safer have also led to some truck drivers losing jobs. Things like in-cab cameras, driving time limits, and increased drug testing sometimes weed out drivers. Those who can’t hack the new technology and its requirements fall to the side and need to be replaced.
Truck drivers are retiring is the most pathetic excuse I’ve ever heard, congrats.

Truck drivers are retiring is the most pathetic excuse I’ve ever heard, congrats.
There was a shortage before COVID.

The fact is truck driving isn't attracting new employees because the pay is shit and the hours suck

Where is your proof that truck drivers are getting fired because they are refusing vaccines?

Then provide some data to prove him wrong or to support your claim of tens of thousands of truckers fired for not taking the vaccine.

It was the choice of Brandon to fire tens of thousands of truckers and longshoremen to create the crisis.

Links please. You keep making this claim, now back it up. Show us the data of tens of thousands of truckers being fired.

Forum List

Back