Barrycades: Obama Tries To Shut Down Privately Owned Mt. Vernon

Obama says "I bent over backwards to work with Republicans" in an interview last night on NBC then tells them he's not negotiating anything.

Which one is a lie?

I saw that video clip. I almost spit out my Cheerios.
He has bent over backwards.
Obama also claims he is 'calm' and does not get "emotional"..
That guy is in quaaludes. He is in total denial.
Or, he is such an egomaniac that he thinks he can spew whatever bullshit he wants and the American people simply accept it as the gospel.

And pardon my french but the lies the liberals puke out that Republicans caused Benghazi because of budget cuts pisses me clean off.

And I detest and despise anyone who puts that lie out there. The son of a bitch liberals never take any responsibility for their fuck ups.

Last edited:
I didn't see President Obama placing the barriers in your trollography.

Fact: The Senate passed a budget in March.

Fact: Boehner refused to name members of the conference committee (that is, engage in the normal and usual practice of compromise).

Fact: Republican candidates for the H. of Rep. campaigned on "shutting the government done".

Fact: Boehner is a lair as well as an incompetent.

Fact: The author of the OP is a joke, in risk of losing his license to troll.

Shutting the government done???

They didn't campaign on shutting the government down. They campaigned on "no tax-increases and repealing Obamacare".

Ugh, all this GOP selective amnesia is hurting our brains.

Yes, they indeed campaigned on shutting the government down, you morons. What the hell is wrong with you all? This is the 21st century. Stuff people say gets video'd and taped! It's not 1913 anymore, it's 2013!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeu7Iuz-vKY]Republicans Want A Shutdown - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA8Ey36AN50]The GOP Has Been Planning a Govt Shutdown Since 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvJgORARmk]Caught On Tape: Republicans Touting Support For Government Shutdown - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Obama says "I bent over backwards to work with Republicans" in an interview last night on NBC then tells them he's not negotiating anything.

Which one is a lie?

I saw that video clip. I almost spit out my Cheerios.
He has bent over backwards.
Obama also claims he is 'calm' and does not get "emotional"..
That guy is in quaaludes. He is in total denial.
Or, he is such an egomaniac that he thinks he can spew whatever bullshit he wants and the American people simply accept it as the gospel.
Some of them...the stupid ones...do.

Right, [MENTION=20297]Wry Catcher[/MENTION]?

Obama's even shutting down parks which are privately operated and that have leases with the government. Shutting them down Costs The Feds.

...Warren Meyer of Phoenix, AZ, is owner and president of Recreation Resource Management, Inc. RRM employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states. It is one of a handful of companies that have been managing national parks and campgrounds as tenants for years, through previous government shutdowns including the last one in 1995-1996. Those previous shutdowns never closed any of the parks managed in this way, but the current shutdown threatens closure.

The campgrounds are self-sufficient and receive no federal funding. No government employees staff or manage the parks. The management companies pay the National Park Service out of the funds they generate from operating the thousands of campgrounds. So the reason for the shutdown is puzzling to Meyer.

Today, he sent a letter to both of his senators, John McCain and Jeff Flake, asking for help to keep his parks open.

“My company, based in North Phoenix, operates nearly over 100 US Forest Service campgrounds and day use areas under concession contract. Yesterday, as in all past government shutdowns, the Department of Agriculture and US Forest Service confirmed we would stay open during the government shutdown. This makes total sense, since our operations are self-sufficient (we are fully funded by user fees at the gate), we get no federal funds, we employ no government workers on these sites, and we actually pay rent into the Treasury.”

Notice that last part. The parks not only do not cost the taxpayers any money, they pay funds into the Treasury out of the fees park users pay. Shutting them down will cost the taxpayers money.

How much? Meyer told the Tatler that his parks generate hundreds of thousands of dollars per week. Multiply that across his competitors and the Treasury could lose a few million dollars, in what is essentially free money to the government, over the course of the shutdown.

Which, as Meyer points out, is unnecessary, as these management companies are not revenue losers, but revenue generators for the Treasury....

The PJ Tatler » BREAKING: White House Ordering Hundreds of Privately Run, Privately Funded Parks to Close

Obama's even shutting down parks which are privately operated and that have leases with the government. Shutting them down Costs The Feds.

...Warren Meyer of Phoenix, AZ, is owner and president of Recreation Resource Management, Inc. RRM employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states. It is one of a handful of companies that have been managing national parks and campgrounds as tenants for years, through previous government shutdowns including the last one in 1995-1996. Those previous shutdowns never closed any of the parks managed in this way, but the current shutdown threatens closure.

The campgrounds are self-sufficient and receive no federal funding. No government employees staff or manage the parks. The management companies pay the National Park Service out of the funds they generate from operating the thousands of campgrounds. So the reason for the shutdown is puzzling to Meyer.

Today, he sent a letter to both of his senators, John McCain and Jeff Flake, asking for help to keep his parks open.

“My company, based in North Phoenix, operates nearly over 100 US Forest Service campgrounds and day use areas under concession contract. Yesterday, as in all past government shutdowns, the Department of Agriculture and US Forest Service confirmed we would stay open during the government shutdown. This makes total sense, since our operations are self-sufficient (we are fully funded by user fees at the gate), we get no federal funds, we employ no government workers on these sites, and we actually pay rent into the Treasury.”

Notice that last part. The parks not only do not cost the taxpayers any money, they pay funds into the Treasury out of the fees park users pay. Shutting them down will cost the taxpayers money.

How much? Meyer told the Tatler that his parks generate hundreds of thousands of dollars per week. Multiply that across his competitors and the Treasury could lose a few million dollars, in what is essentially free money to the government, over the course of the shutdown.

Which, as Meyer points out, is unnecessary, as these management companies are not revenue losers, but revenue generators for the Treasury....

The PJ Tatler » BREAKING: White House Ordering Hundreds of Privately Run, Privately Funded Parks to Close

OFA Obama Fucks America

Well, you know he WON.

So he can do what he wants.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLPM-P7mNQw].[/ame]

Fact: Boehner refused to name members of the conference committee (that is, engage in the normal and usual practice of compromise).

Fact: Republican candidates for the H. of Rep. campaigned on "shutting the government done".

fact- Mount Vernon is Privately Owned

So Obama, after personally raising the postage rates, programming the healthcare.gov website, and arresting veterans at a memorial, managed to squeeze in the time to look at google maps and find the parking lots of Mt Vernon then issue orders to close them.

Hardest working prez ever!

Last night Obama called in Congress for a meeting to tell them that he's not open to negotiation. The only purpose of the meeting was to give the press something to report to the low-information voters.

I haven't been following...but seriously?????

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

Well sure.

You can always trust the content you read on some message board.

Actually, its at least as accurate as what you slurp up on fux.

BTW, the title of this thread -

Obama Tries To Shut Down Privately Owned Mt. Vernon

is a lie.

Well sure.

You can always trust the content you read on some message board.

Actually, its at least as accurate as what you slurp up on fux.

BTW, the title of this thread -

Obama Tries To Shut Down Privately Owned Mt. Vernon

is a lie.

:lol:

The thread title was the title of the article.

Keep slurping the fux or whatever.

Ugh, all this GOP selective amnesia is hurting our brains.

Yes, they indeed campaigned on shutting the government down, you morons. What the hell is wrong with you all? This is the 21st century. Stuff people say gets video'd and taped! It's not 1913 anymore, it's 2013!

Indeed! That's why you need to actually view before you post!

SenateDemocrats- Apr 8, 2011
You remember what was happening then dontcha'? It wasn't 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA8Ey36AN50]The GOP Has Been Planning a Govt Shutdown Since 2010 - YouTube
Sept 2010-You remember what happened in 2010 dontcha'?

"If Republicans take back the House, Westmoreland said, they would use
their new majority to force a budget battle
"

Gawd forbid the PEOPLE want a freaking budget!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvJgORARmk]Caught On Tape: Republicans Touting Support For Government Shutdown - YouTube

Mar 29, 2011-ThinkProgressVideo :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Remember what was happening then, dontcha'?

I could post a pile of snippet YouTube vids, but I don't stoop that low.
Just be honest.

You guys realize the barricades have already been removed right?

National Park Service Blocks Parking Lots at George Washington?s Mt. Vernon Estate ? Removes Barricades After Estate Officials Point Out ?Mistake? | TheBlaze.com
The National Park Service blocked parking lots at George Washington’s Mt. Vernon Estate and Gardens “due to a misunderstanding over the ownership of the spaces,” according to Melissa Wood, Mt. Vernon’s media director. Mount Vernon officials approached the NPS, which removed the barricades “as soon as they realized their mistake,” Wood says

So lets dust ourselves off, take a breather, then charge back into one of the threads where Obama is personally pushing WW2 vets into the reflecting pool near the monuments.

Well, you know he WON.

So he can do what he wants.

Fuck you America........I do what I want.

Obama-tough-talk-640x360.jpg

fact- all bills for raising revenue must start in the House of Representatives

Battle of the Barrycades – Vets storm Vietnam Memorial, U.S Park Police called in

The barrycades at the WWII Memorial and Lincoln Memorial have received most of the attention.

But on Friday a group of Vets decided to storm the barrycades erected by the Obama administration at the Vietnam Memorial

Vietnam Memorial | Shutdown | Barricades | Barrycades

LETS HEAR IT!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW9b0xr06qA]Sing for Change Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back