Barrys Katrina??

Not only did he appoint a competent manager for FEMA but he also declare the area a disaster area 4 days ago.

Not only did he appoint a competent manager for FEMA but he also declare the area a disaster area 4 days ago.
He needs to go down there when the floods abate and he isn't in the way of responders. But, he's done all a potus can do at this point.

Ironically, W knew LA was incompetent and the relief should have been federalized early on, but Haley Barbour was running Mississippi, and Haley didn't want feds. So, W's hands were largely tied during the first few days.

And, over 1800 people died in Katrina, so the OP is a bit hysterical.

Oh no doubt. The only difference being the media will ignore it.
Yeah that's the only difference. Nvm that almost 2,000 died in Katrina and left a disaster zone in its wake for months.

:rolleyes:

Btw and this is non-political. But shortly after Katrina, the even larger Hurricane Rita took out the LA coastal parishes, which is south of where the current flooding from rain is occurring. There wasn't the loss of human life, but the deaths of livestock was devastating.
Hurricane Rita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LBJ flew into Nola while people were still in shelters. I think that was a bit extreme (-:

thunderstorms ... hurricanes ... same thing

Right Rusty

lol

54101e7f85e5403ec1b98e5a346e4d39.jpg

Yeah that's the only difference. Nvm that almost 2,000 died in Katrina and left a disaster zone in its wake for months.

The flooding is actually worse than Katrina.
'Like nothing we've ever seen': Flood danger is not over in Louisiana
I can think of about 2,000 reasons why this flooding is not as "bad" as Katrina.

I can think of about 2,000 reasons why this flooding is not as "bad" as Katrina.

Yeah....they should have evacuated.

Yeah the republican dominated Louisianna government completely fucked that up. It's almost like they wanted people to die.

So many evacuation buses, yet so little competence in the Louisianna GOP:

0*JBz15wuCof_cvIFH.jpg

It's all absurd to lamely try to make it political. It's an ongoing emergency, which is the last place anyone wants to see the potus and his staff, security, press, plane, the Beast ..... I haven't seen any report that anyone is not doing there job ... except for a few looters.

The good news is that this is an incredibly rare rain. Hurricanes hitting NOLA .... not so rare. Been there for one, and that was enough. Really fun city, but I don't see retiring there. LOL

Yeah the republican dominated Louisianna government completely fucked that up. It's almost like they wanted people to die.

0*JBz15wuCof_cvIFH.jpg

Nah... it was the Chocolate City mayor and the Kathleen Blancos fuck up.

0*JBz15wuCof_cvIFH.jpg

Nah... it was the Chocolate City mayor and the Kathleen Blancos fuck up.
Oh yeah? Then I guess this current flood can't be Obama's fault. Oh well.

/thread

Forum List

Back