Battle of Bakhmud won by Russia

Wagner's Trophy

Soledar fell more than 3 months ago. Why is Prigozhin making daily pleas to the MoD for ammunition?

The other day he said he needs 300 tons of ammunition/day to finish Bakhmut, and he's only getting 100 tons/day.

Today he said Wagner lost 103 men in one day, taking "up to 160 meters in some places" in Bakhmut, and blamed it on the ammunition shortage...

Zelensky flees to Finland, and RFK Jr. is on it with a dynamic, hyper-modern parallel English-Russian text!

Putin doesn't sleep at this apartment.

Putin may sleep here sometimes.

And yet it's May....
Still no victory in time for the May 9th parades and festivals.

Leaked Pentagon documents suggest US is pessimistic Ukraine can quickly end war against Russia​

Not only Bakhmud.... but all over the place.

bzlxHP4.jpg

Leaked Pentagon documents suggest US is pessimistic Ukraine can quickly end war against Russia​

Not only Bakhmud.... but all over the place.

bzlxHP4.jpg
That is a somewhat fair assessment. This war isn't going to end until Russia stops attacking Ukraine and gives up. Which is likely not going to happen. Especially since they got away with occupation since 2014.

What will likely end up happening is that UN Peacekeepers will patrol the area for decades afterwards....and nobody will get the areas.

This is war. NOBODY WINS A WAR. You only have one side losing less. Innocent Families are being destroyed every day in war. Children and women are being taken as chattel and sold. Fathers are dying on the battlefield and many before they can even get married and even had a life. All of this so some wealthy plutocrat in Russia can have more toys.

What if....
Some of those troops (13 Batallions) that are part of the Counter-offense are heading to encircle Bakhmut.

Because the Counter-offense has started....and night is falling. Russia sold its NVG for vodka and cigarettes years ago.

That is a somewhat fair assessment. This war isn't going to end until Russia stops attacking Ukraine and gives up. Which is likely not going to happen. Especially since they got away with occupation since 2014.

What will likely end up happening is that UN Peacekeepers will patrol the area for decades afterwards....and nobody will get the areas.

This is war. NOBODY WINS A WAR. You only have one side losing less. Innocent Families are being destroyed every day in war. Children and women are being taken as chattel and sold. Fathers are dying on the battlefield and many before they can even get married and even had a life. All of this so some wealthy plutocrat in Russia can have more toys.
There can be no UN peacekeepers unless there is a formal truce and Ukraine will never agree to that unless Russia has completely withdrawn from all of Ukraine.

Imo, the fastest way to end the war is to retake Crimea. Early in the war, most western military leaders thought that would be impossible, but opinions have changed and now many western military leaders believe it is possible and even possible to do it within a year.

In Russia, the capture of Crimea is celebrated as a national holiday, and clearly Putin believes it is his greatest accomplishment, and retaining Crimea will take the heart out of the Russian war effort and may even lead to the downfall of the present Russian government.

There can be no UN peacekeepers unless there is a formal truce and Ukraine will never agree to that unless Russia has completely withdrawn from all of Ukraine.

Imo, the fastest way to end the war is to retake Crimea. Early in the war, most western military leaders thought that would be impossible, but opinions have changed and now many western military leaders believe it is possible and even possible to do it within a year.

In Russia, the capture of Crimea is celebrated as a national holiday, and clearly Putin believes it is his greatest accomplishment, and retaining Crimea will take the heart out of the Russian war effort and may even lead to the downfall of the present Russian government.
No. Previous time the Germans captured Crimea in 1941-42. The Russians continued to fight and took it back in 1944. The Russians won't sign peace treaty if Ukraine (and the whole EU) captured Donetsk, Sevastopol, Belgorod, Voronezh or even Moscow. They will fight until at least 30% of them are dead, or until their victory. And such a war will be nuclear anyway.

View attachment 782212

“Interesting game. The only way to win
is not to play.”
It depends on your definition of victory.
And anyway, the game is already started. So, they just compare the price of the possible victory (which is less than one million of killed in the optimistic scenario) and the price of the possible defeat (which is total annihilation of Russia in the pessimistic scenario).
They why they are highly motivated to win, and not to lose.

Last edited:
And anyway, the game is already started. So, they just compare the price of the possible victory (which is less than one million of killed in the optimistic scenario) and the price of the possible defeat (which is total annihilation of Russia in the pessimistic scenario).
Both sides have worked for over 70 years to make sure they had a second-strike capability to destroy the other, so talking about winning a nuclear war just makes you sound like an idiot.

I wasn’t clear. My fault. What I was trying to communicate was more basic.

This shit in Ukraine could lead to miscalculations and a Russian decision (maybe made by unclear minds in a heat of passion) to use “tactical” nukes on the battlefield. That could very easily blossom into a nuclear war of global proportions. And there will be no fucking winners once intercontinental ballistics nuclear missiles start flying.

This shit in Ukraine could lead to miscalculations and a Russian decision (maybe made by unclear minds in a heat of passion) to use “tactical” nukes on the battlefield. That could very easily blossom into a nuclear war of global proportions. And there will be no fucking winners once intercontinental ballistics nuclear missiles start flying.
A very unlikely scenario, but a possibility we have been living with since the 1950's. There is no practical military reason for Russia to use nukes in Ukraine since any military targets Russia can identify, it can destroy using conventional weapons, so the nukes would be of value only if Russia decides to commit genocide by targeting population centers.

In the very unlikely event that Russia did use nukes in Ukraine, I believe it is unlikely the West would respond with nukes since there is a consensus among the western allies that they will not directly participate in the fighting, but to provide Ukraine with long range missiles and aircraft so they could take the war to the Russians. For over 70 years the US has been studying how to respond to any sort of nuclear attack, so there is virtually no chance it will make a seat of our pants decision in the very unlikely event Russia used nukes in Ukraine.

Let ME be clear so maybe you can get rid of misconceptions.

THERE IS NO WINNING IN WAR.
THERE IS ONLY ONE SIDE THAT LOSES LESS.

War is ugly, brutal, and innocents are always permanently destroyed by war. Even the soldiers, our young, best and brightest are sacrificed or scarred irreparably because some highbrow plutocrat bureaucrat wants another stupid nickel that is willing to throw your and my life away to get shoved into his overstuffed pocket.

War should be avoided at all costs. Putin flat-out does not care about anyone except Putin. He has demonstrated this clearly....he must be stopped. Because there is no living with him otherwise. It's not freedom that Ukraine is fighting for....it's basic life itself.

Forum List

Back