BB King Has Died

B.B King had a place in Las Vegas, where I used to live. One day I pulled in to the drive through lane of a KFC behind a huge RV. Then, I noticed that It had B. B. King printed all over it. Who would have known that I was in the presence of greatness at KFC?

Boo hoo. Why should anyone care about a dead entertainer?. He was another useless parasite with a "job" of zero social value.

Music certainly has a social value.

HAHAHA. Having a job of social value means having a job like engineer or businessman or scientist. Or on a lower level - farmer or plumber or auto repairman. Those are the people who create wealth and give us this hi-tech world we live in. THINK

Boo hoo. Why should anyone care about a dead entertainer?. He was another useless parasite with a "job" of zero social value.

Music certainly has a social value.

HAHAHA. Having a job of social value means having a job like engineer or businessman or scientist. Or on a lower level - farmer or plumber or auto repairman. Those are the people who create wealth and give us this hi-tech world we live in. THINK

Society is not solely about wealth or the creation of it. THINK.

Music has had social value since the dawn of time. It has taught us, helped us think, helped us communicate, helped us share our thoughts and emotions. Schools that have removed music from the curriculum have seen average math scores drop.

If you think the sole purpose of society is to provide a means for producing wealth, your definition of "society" is screwed up, and your life must be seriously hollow.

The King is dead. long love Buddy Guy!

I love Buddy Guy! I saw B.B King, Al Green, and Buddy back in 2010. I got some great pics of Buddy. He always goes down into the crowd.

buddyguy_zps6242655d.jpg

buddyguy2_zpsd3824837.jpg

Shtspeeders is just pissed his legacy ends as soon as he delivers his last piece of mail.

One of the greatest blues musicians has died. BB King died today in Las Vegas.

I've had the honor to work with him several times the first time being in 1990. He's a big teddy bear with one of the biggest hearts in the world. He always had young blues guitarists with him on tour and mentored countless musicians. Like Johnny Lange, and Kenny Wayne Shephard and Joe Bonamassa. I've worked with all of them starting when they were just teenagers in the 90s.

I will never forget the first time I worked and met him. We talked for about 20 minutes or so and he spent the whole time talking to and staring at my chest. When I was in front of the stage taking photos he spent the whole time looking down my shirt, the stage was tall and I'm short. While he did that he was a harmless teddy bear. When we were done talking he held out his arms and hugged me right around my chest. LOL. From then on whenever we worked together he always had the most heart warming smile and greeting with that great big hug.

I will miss him and cherish my memories of working with him. I'm honored to have had the opportunity to work with him for so many years.

Blues Legend B.B. King Dies at 89 | Variety

I had a chance to see and hear him in discussion about 10 years ago- talking about his life, and then playing some numbers for us. He was funny, wise, reflective and very, very human- and a fantastic musician.

RIP

I got permission to share this. I have numerous friends in the Atlanta music scene. One of them posted this today, after hearing BB King had died.

"It's 1986. I'm in the middle of a desultory internship at the Dallas Sound Lab in Irving, Texas. Everyone is all a flutter because we're getting a bigtime celeb in for a recording session. Grover Washington Jr. Is having a guest appearance on his Strawberry Moon album. There's some technical issues (it's early days for digital recording....so there's lots of those). I'm asked to go into the studio and keep the guest distracted...bring him snacks and make sure he's comfortable.

It's BB King.

After I get over the awkward stage we settle into polite conversation. He's being really friendly. He notices I'm eyeballing Lucille on the stand next to him. "Do you play?", he asks me. "Yes....a little", I reply. "Show me something" he says......and hands me Lucille.

He. Hands. Me. Lucille.

I very poorly play a few licks and he compliments me saying "you got a little something in you, Son. Keep at it". I damn near die.

They get the issues resolved and the session continues.

A couple of years later I'm walking through the Raleigh Durham airport the day after July 4th. BB had played with the NC Symphony the night before and was in the airport waiting on a plane. I walk up to re-introduce myself "hey Mr King, we've met before..." Blah blah blah.

"Yeah.....in Dallas right? You still playin'?"

I damn near die again."

I have always read and heard that he encouraged young musicians and spoke with his fans. A class act. He will be missed.

There are very special men and women who through very special talents in art and music help give meaning to our lives. Those that live long and productive lives influence many generations, like BB King and Doc Watson. Thanks to modern technology, they will always be with us, and their art will be heard and appreciated by our great-grand children.

The King is dead. long love Buddy Guy!

I worked with Buddy Guy once too. It was a blues festival that BB King headlined. This was in 1990. I only had that once chance to work with Mr. Guy. I cherish the memories and photos from that day. In fact one of the photos of Mr. Guy from that day is in my portfolio.

He's a gifted musician.

I got permission to share this. I have numerous friends in the Atlanta music scene. One of them posted this today, after hearing BB King had died.

"It's 1986. I'm in the middle of a desultory internship at the Dallas Sound Lab in Irving, Texas. Everyone is all a flutter because we're getting a bigtime celeb in for a recording session. Grover Washington Jr. Is having a guest appearance on his Strawberry Moon album. There's some technical issues (it's early days for digital recording....so there's lots of those). I'm asked to go into the studio and keep the guest distracted...bring him snacks and make sure he's comfortable.

It's BB King.

After I get over the awkward stage we settle into polite conversation. He's being really friendly. He notices I'm eyeballing Lucille on the stand next to him. "Do you play?", he asks me. "Yes....a little", I reply. "Show me something" he says......and hands me Lucille.

He. Hands. Me. Lucille.

I very poorly play a few licks and he compliments me saying "you got a little something in you, Son. Keep at it". I damn near die.

They get the issues resolved and the session continues.

A couple of years later I'm walking through the Raleigh Durham airport the day after July 4th. BB had played with the NC Symphony the night before and was in the airport waiting on a plane. I walk up to re-introduce myself "hey Mr King, we've met before..." Blah blah blah.

"Yeah.....in Dallas right? You still playin'?"

I damn near die again."

I have always read and heard that he encouraged young musicians and spoke with his fans. A class act. He will be missed.

He didn't just encourage young musicians. He mentored them. He brought them on the road with him to play in concert. Some who were one of BB's boys were Johnny Lange. Kenny Wayne Shephard and Joe Bonamassa. I've worked with all of them. When they were young and when they were growing up. In fact the last time I worked with Kenny Wayne Shephard he opened the show for BB King. That was in 2005, Mr. King was doing is 80th birthday concert tour.

Forum List

Back