Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

Shithead....swallow has made threats before, my comment was in response to his bullshit about fighting people in the streets and his threats to me and others here long before you discovered the internet.

Run along, idiot.

You don't meet any standards. You were in your own class of species growing up....I believe they called it ape.

I'm an ape for believing that a person who threatened another person over a message board dispute is not a good candidate for a concealed carry permit? LOL

Holy shit some of you people are delusional.

And I assure you that if I see Sallow threaten anyone I will call him a loon who shouldn't have a gun as well. Or do you hold me responsible for not knowing what posters MAY have said before I joined this board, or even if they have said it since I joined that I simply have not seen?

Because I assure you, that unlike you I have no problem calling an idiot an idiot regardless of their political views.

I don't agree with Sallow in this thread , that person wants to limit what guns a person may legally own, I favor allowing anyone to own anything provided they are eligible . I do not agree with you in that some people shouldn't have guns, you are one of those people.

Unless you're a troll ? If not then you are more than slightly unhinged.

Nice backtrack, asswipe. :badgrin:

Go fuck yourself....and that is "just the facts."

Shithead....swallow has made threats before, my comment was in response to his bullshit about fighting people in the streets and his threats to me and others here long before you discovered the internet.

Run along, idiot.

I'm an ape for believing that a person who threatened another person over a message board dispute is not a good candidate for a concealed carry permit? LOL

Holy shit some of you people are delusional.

And I assure you that if I see Sallow threaten anyone I will call him a loon who shouldn't have a gun as well. Or do you hold me responsible for not knowing what posters MAY have said before I joined this board, or even if they have said it since I joined that I simply have not seen?

Because I assure you, that unlike you I have no problem calling an idiot an idiot regardless of their political views.

I don't agree with Sallow in this thread , that person wants to limit what guns a person may legally own, I favor allowing anyone to own anything provided they are eligible . I do not agree with you in that some people shouldn't have guns, you are one of those people.

Nice backtrack, asswipe. :badgrin:

Go fuck yourself....and that is "just the facts."

Run along, idiot.

I'm really beginning to believe that not only should you not be allowed to own a gun, you shouldn't be left unsupervised.

What exactly did I backtrack on? I think anyone who threatens someone on a message board likely has brain damage.

Just how many guns do you think the average gun owner has?

I have 5 that are mine my wife has 3

I have 2 rifles, 2 handguns and a shotgun.

One of my rifles I've had since I was 12, I have 2 hand guns because I target shoot with a .22 and keep a .45 for protection when I am taking business deposits to the bank.

I shoot trap with my shotgun.

I would hardly call that
"Armed to the teeth"

You have to be shitting me.

That is 8 more guns than anybody I know has - combined...

Remember I'm not talking about your concept of law, it's creation and or application, it's your interpretation of American culture based on what others have responded with. That's what makes your arguments false. They're based on your own biased, misapplied stereotypes. Such blatant misrepresentation destroys any credibility you might have had with the rest of your arguments. Go figure.

What parts are false? If somebody responds in a stereotypical way, and it is their belief, then what is false about that?

Because it's only stereotypical in your mind, your apparent limited scope of experience/knowledge in this arena only allows you to focus on a very narrow "either-or" scenario, hence false dichotomy.

Wrong. I don't have limited scope or experience.

I don't think fear motivates most gun owners. For many it's simply a matter of being prudent and prepared for a worst-case scenario, not so much fear. Other people own guns because they like to hunt and/or target shoot.

Even if I weren't required to get car insurance, I would get it because it's the smart thing to do in case in case you're in an accident with an uninsured driver or in case your car gets destroyed by other means (you hit a telephone pole, someone hits or vandalizes your car while it's parked, etc.).

What parts are false? If somebody responds in a stereotypical way, and it is their belief, then what is false about that?

Because it's only stereotypical in your mind, your apparent limited scope of experience/knowledge in this arena only allows you to focus on a very narrow "either-or" scenario, hence false dichotomy.

Your cultural conclusions and individual applications of said conclusions belie that assertion.

That's exactly right. Every reason every gun-control nut gives for wanting to control guns is based on fearful reasons. The very word "control" betrays their fear and desire to have power over the behaviors of others.

The OP and Dr Grump and all the other gun control freaks are projecting.

bbzzz...you couldn't be more wrong. The only time I even think about guns is on these boards...

So you think it wrong that there should be controls - ie, that there should be background checks to make sure people aren't psychos?

Your cultural conclusions and individual applications of said conclusions belie that assertion.

Your cultural conclusions and individual applications of said conclusions belie that assertion, in my opinion.

There fixed it for you..

One of my rifles I've had since I was 12, I have 2 hand guns because I target shoot with a .22 and keep a .45 for protection when I am taking business deposits to the bank.

I would hardly call that
"Armed to the teeth"

So no one you know owns a firearm?

Are you sure? There are people I know who have no idea I own a weapon.

Your cultural conclusions and individual applications of said conclusions belie that assertion, in my opinion.

There fixed it for you..

Ahhh yes, more deflection........ :thup:

Go back and reread your contributions to this thread. Hardly the stuff to encourage debate.

Have I said some things that fall into the "sterotype' category? Probably. Things that are rhetorical? Maybe. But I've also said a lot more. You've chosen to ignore those latter aspects, and write them off under the "oh, if you say one thing that I think is superfluous, then everything you say is such". That is not only a cop out and being lazy, it's also intellectually dishonest.

There fixed it for you..

Go back and reread your contributions to this thread. Hardly the stuff to encourage debate.

Have I said some things that fall into the "sterotype' category? Probably. Things that are rhetorical? Maybe. But I've also said a lot more. You've chosen to ignore those latter aspects, and write them off under the "oh, if you say one thing that I think is superfluous, then everything you say is such". That is not only a cop out and being lazy, it's also intellectually dishonest.

Ummmm..... now take that and apply it to your own arguments and you might just figure it out.

Ummmm..... now take that and apply it to your own arguments and you might just figure it out.

All of them that I've made in this thread?

Ok, now you're really starting to stretch it...

That's exactly right. Every reason every gun-control nut gives for wanting to control guns is based on fearful reasons. The very word "control" betrays their fear and desire to have power over the behaviors of others.

bbzzz...you couldn't be more wrong. The only time I even think about guns is on these boards...

So you think it wrong that there should be controls - ie, that there should be background checks to make sure people aren't psychos?

I am as right as can be. It appears you want all of us to have background checks to assuage your fear of psychos with guns.

I would hardly call that
"Armed to the teeth"

So no one you know owns a firearm?

Are you sure? There are people I know who have no idea I own a weapon.

Definitely nobody in Australia. Maybe the odd person in NZ, but none I know of off hand. One friend goes duck hunting every May, but I'm pretty sure he borrows a shotgun and doesn't own it. My wife's family (on boths sides) are farmers, so the chances of one of them owning a gun is pretty high (although her father doesn't, and I have never discussed the issue with extended family).

I would hardly call that
"Armed to the teeth"

As far as you know...

I am as right as can be. It appears you want all of us to have background checks to assuage your fear of psychos with guns.

Absolutely.

Forum List

Back