Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

I've been reading your, let's call them arguments just for shits and giggles. Your blatant, misrepresentation, poorly informed, stereotypical conclusions concerning American culture are exactly that. I don't know what ivory laboratory you glean your limited information in but you would benefit greatly if you left it on occasion, you'd be amazed what information you can discover in the real world. Give it a try sometime.

Of course you have.

Which parts are wrong....take your time....

Remember I'm not talking about your concept of law, it's creation and or application, it's your interpretation of American culture based on what others have responded with. That's what makes your arguments false. They're based on your own biased, misapplied stereotypes. Such blatant misrepresentation destroys any credibility you might have had with the rest of your arguments. Go figure.

What's law you fool. I live in the middle of nowhere. I need guns to live here. I choose not to have my pizza freaking delivered on a friday night. Your choice, my choice.

That hasn't happened and it never will. What we do have is a bunch of left wingers trying to circumvent the 2nd amendment to achieve gun bans without going through the amendment process. You want to amend the constitution have at it. They aren't even attempting that, they can't win that way.

Gun control is not gun banning. Get it yet, Cletus?

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at. Get it, dufas?

Only one reason? That's the only one you can think of?

How about Wisdom? You don't think it might be wise to be able to protect oneself?

Prepared people have no reason to fear. It's only the ones who are unprepared who need to be afraid.

How about Wisdom? You don't think it might be wise to be able to protect oneself?

Prepared people have no reason to fear. It's only the ones who are unprepared who need to be afraid.

Oh bs...

Ask any soldier if they were afraid before going into battle. Answer yes.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Hello you city fool. Try bear. Try rabid fox. Try skunk gone wild. You idiot. And that's before I even try to miracle grow my clematis. Thats just out the back door you moron.

Any body ever taken the time to actually see where I live? Because when these asswhipes come at you on a "why might you need a gun'' moment this could validate your argument:lol:

Here's my neighbor. Fear? kiss my ass. People need guns out here. Are they awesome or what? I'm just the sweet lady down the road with the most perfect delphiniums. We don't know each other. We don't have to. They have this great hunting camp.

They hunt with their guns. I hunt with mine. Never really looked at charging up the freezer till this year.
I may really break it out.

Uhhhh.....you may want to look at post #3 in this thread before you make yourself look any sillier.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Say you're right....What the fuck is it to you?

You mean other than one of you guys goes around shooting people because the boss fired you or some scary black person looked at you funny.

FEAR

It's not fear, it's called preparedness. If you climb a mountain do you use ropes because of fear or because you wish to be prepared for if you fall something will catch you? Do you have health insurance because you are afraid or because it is best to be prepared in the highly unlikely event that some asshat on a Harley loses control and slams into your car injuring you and your family.

Fear or preparedness?

Nimrods fear, normal people prepare.

It's sad how far we have devolved in only a couple generations. Not that long ago being prepared to look out for your own was respected, now you are labeled a scared nut for daring to look after yourself and not expect government to wipe your ass for you.

I would ask, what are you protecting yourself from?

I've known a couple of families that have had to bury a member who killed themselves with that gun they bought for protecting their families. It seems like the cure is worse than the disease.

Ironically, we are the richest country in the world, and we live in fear of our fellow citizens because we think that grinding poverty for an underclass is not only acceptable, but somehow validates our system.

We lock up 2 million people when most other advanced industrialized countries lock up less than 100K. We have 300 million guns out there, home security systems, bullet proof backpacks for our kids to go to school, that is the level of fear we live in...

And we think this is an expression of "Freedom".

[

It's sad how far we have devolved in only a couple generations. Not that long ago being prepared to look out for your own was respected, now you are labeled a scared nut for daring to look after yourself and not expect government to wipe your ass for you.

Are you looking out for your own, or are you being manipulated by an industry that is playing on your fears?

I look at Nancy Lanza, who was a scared "Prepper" who was stocking up on guns (she owned 8). Where the hell did she get that idea? Perhaps an industry that sells fear on a daily basis.

So she was armed like the Zombie Apocolypse was coming, and at the end of the day, she was killed by her own son.

I've known a couple of families that have had to bury a member who killed themselves with that gun they bought for protecting their families. It seems like the cure is worse than the disease.

Ironically, we are the richest country in the world, and we live in fear of our fellow citizens because we think that grinding poverty for an underclass is not only acceptable, but somehow validates our system.

We lock up 2 million people when most other advanced industrialized countries lock up less than 100K. We have 300 million guns out there, home security systems, bullet proof backpacks for our kids to go to school, that is the level of fear we live in...

I know of no society, neither historically or current, that has eradicated poverty. Secondly, it's not just those in poverty who are criminals, so the bolded is an obvious non sequitur, not that I'm surprised.

I know of no society, neither historically or current, that has eradicated poverty. Secondly, it's not just those in poverty who are criminals, so the bolded is an obvious non sequitur, not that I'm surprised.

Yes, you guys are very good at pretending Japan, Canada and Western Europe don't exist and don't have a better handle on this problem than we do.

So how it is we lock up 2 million people, Japan only locks up 69,000 and Germany only locks up 78,000.

For those playing along, Germany had 258 gun deaths and Japan had a whopping 11.

Joe why do you want to point out reality to these fuking gun nuts?

And as I read some of the posts, fear is exactly the reason people are arming themselves to the teeth.

Irrational fear is driving our society IMO.

But ain't it great when you are the father of a daughter that is working in a bar. And now in Ohio, you can conceal carry in a bar. How long before some crazy either pulls a gun while in the bar or goes out to his car and comes back in with an AR15. Fortunately my daughter is smart enough and scared enough that when the bouncers have to throw someone out, she heads to the kitchen till things calm down. I have taught her well to be scared of drunks with guns.

But its all good right gun nuts. Gotta be drunk in a bar with a gun to protect the 2nd.

Isn't the freedom to be scared at work great?

And as I read some of the posts, fear is exactly the reason people are arming themselves to the teeth.

But ain't it great when you are the father of a daughter that is working in a bar. And now in Ohio, you can conceal carry in a bar. How long before some crazy either pulls a gun while in the bar or goes out to his car and comes back in with an AR15. Fortunately my daughter is smart enough and scared enough that when the bouncers have to throw someone out, she heads to the kitchen till things calm down. I have taught her well to be scared of drunks with guns.

But its all good right gun nuts. Gotta be drunk in a bar with a gun to protect the 2nd.

Just how many guns do you think the average gun owner has?

I have 5 that are mine my wife has 3

I have 2 rifles, 2 handguns and a shotgun.

One of my rifles I've had since I was 12, I have 2 hand guns because I target shoot with a .22 and keep a .45 for protection when I am taking business deposits to the bank.

I shoot trap with my shotgun.

I would hardly call that
"Armed to the teeth"

Tell ya what, I'll be short and simple with my second reply in this thread. Do you always practice fake dichotomy in all your arguments?

Tell ya what. How about not answering at all if you're going to be deliberately obtuse? Take up the 'fake' dichotomy with g5000. It borders on tin-foil hat territory....

Obtuse and deflection seem to be another two of your stocks in trade. Nice try attempting to pass the buck though, I'll give you points for that. Now would you like to have a real discussion with everyone or do you wish to continue in your simplistic stereotypical cultural arguments that have little basis in fact?

i think you may have misdirected your observation. it should have been directed at dud who deflects and obfuscates and is probably one of the more obtuse people on the board.

the hypocrisy of his professed hatred of authority is simply an amusing side note.

[

Are you looking out for your own, or are you being manipulated by an industry that is playing on your fears?

I look at Nancy Lanza, who was a scared "Prepper" who was stocking up on guns (she owned 8). Where the hell did she get that idea? Perhaps an industry that sells fear on a daily basis.

So she was armed like the Zombie Apocolypse was coming, and at the end of the day, she was killed by her own son.

I am manipulated by nobody, I am my own man.

The number of guns is irrelevant, I have over 20 here, and not one of them has shot anyone for nearly 200yrs at least.

She shouldn't have made guns available to someone she knew was offside and was about to have committed. You can't legislate that kind of stupidity away.

Just how many guns do you think the average gun owner has?
I have 5 that are mine my wife has 3

I have 2 rifles, 2 handguns and a shotgun.

One of my rifles I've had since I was 12, I have 2 hand guns because I target shoot with a .22 and keep a .45 for protection when I am taking business deposits to the bank.

I shoot trap with my shotgun.

I would hardly call that
"Armed to the teeth"

Interesting question. From what I have read, these is something like 300 millions guns owned by around 60 million people. I have two pistols, three shotguns and two .22 rifles.
So 7, you have 8, bet lots of others have many more and with much more destructive capabilities. I know of people with 2 AR15's 2 AK 47. a MAC 10 and several 9mm and .40 calibre pistols. Think they are armed to the teeth? I do.

Were you making a point about how good it is to feel afraid of gun violence in your work place? Or just proud of your gun collection.

Not one of my guns has ever shot something or someone without me pulling the trigger.
If I suspected for one minute that one had, or even thought that one might, I'd find a way to transfer some of that inanimate self-action onto my lawnmower. Maybe I'd wake up one Saturday morning in the summer and it would be cutting the grass by itself.

[

The number of guns is irrelevant, I have over 20 here, and not one of them has shot anyone for nearly 200yrs at least.

She shouldn't have made guns available to someone she knew was offside and was about to have committed. You can't legislate that kind of stupidity away.

Yes you can legislate that away. Just by not having that type of weapon sitting on a shelf ready to be bought by any maniac, or irrational fear filled individual. Hey this mom was supposedly a responsible gun owner. Right till the time she was being shot by her own gun.

What you can't legislate away is stupidity. I agree. But you can help protect the general population from stupid people buying guns like the killers mom bought.

If that Bushmaster rifle had not been on the rack to buy, how would her son have got hold of one?

FEAR

Say you're right....What the fuck is it to you?

You mean other than one of you guys goes around shooting people because the boss fired you or some scary black person looked at you funny.
Hmmm...Bigoted stereotype based upon irrational fear.

How apropos. :lol:

Yes you can legislate that away. Just by not having that type of weapon sitting on a shelf ready to be bought by any maniac, or irrational fear filled individual. Hey this mom was supposedly a responsible gun owner. Right till the time she was being shot by her own gun.

What you can't legislate away is stupidity. I agree. But you can help protect the general population from stupid people buying guns like the killers mom bought.

If that Bushmaster rifle had not been on the rack to buy, how would her son have got hold of one?

So you are going to punish millions and millions of people who are responsible, for the handful who are irresponsible?
That's why we'll never see eye to eye this.

Forum List

Back