Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

I am manipulated by nobody, I am my own man.

The number of guns is irrelevant, I have over 20 here, and not one of them has shot anyone for nearly 200yrs at least.

She shouldn't have made guns available to someone she knew was offside and was about to have committed. You can't legislate that kind of stupidity away.

Yes you can legislate that away. Just by not having that type of weapon sitting on a shelf ready to be bought by any maniac, or irrational fear filled individual. Hey this mom was supposedly a responsible gun owner. Right till the time she was being shot by her own gun.

What you can't legislate away is stupidity. I agree. But you can help protect the general population from stupid people buying guns like the killers mom bought.

If that Bushmaster rifle had not been on the rack to buy, how would her son have got hold of one?

So you are going to punish millions and millions of people who are responsible, for the handful who are irresponsible?
That's why we'll never see eye to eye this.

First, why don't you explain to me just what "punishment" you would be receiving if you were not able to walk in a gun store and buy a Bushmaster rifle. Then maybe we could go from there. Cause if I walked in a gun store today and couldn't buy my coveted AR15 pretend assault weapon, how would I be punished?

Secondly, the gun nuts have said over and over and over that the AR15 is no more or less than any other gun in their arsenal. That being the case, what fuking difference could it make if you don't have one?

Yes you can legislate that away. Just by not having that type of weapon sitting on a shelf ready to be bought by any maniac, or irrational fear filled individual. Hey this mom was supposedly a responsible gun owner. Right till the time she was being shot by her own gun.

What you can't legislate away is stupidity. I agree. But you can help protect the general population from stupid people buying guns like the killers mom bought.

If that Bushmaster rifle had not been on the rack to buy, how would her son have got hold of one?

So you are going to punish millions and millions of people who are responsible, for the handful who are irresponsible?
That's why we'll never see eye to eye this.

First, why don't you explain to me just what "punishment" you would be receiving if you were not able to walk in a gun store and buy a Bushmaster rifle. Then maybe we could go from there. Cause if I walked in a gun store today and couldn't buy my coveted AR15 pretend assault weapon, how would I be punished?

I consider it punishment to prevent me, who has not done anything wrong , to be prohibited anything, beit a scary looking rifle or a bag of crack. Until I do wrong to someone fuck off and mind your own business.

But Like I said, we'll never agree and I'm not going around and around AGAIN with this. Now say something and you win with the last word.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go round and round. When your shit is as weak and raggedy as yours, I would quit to.

But to think as you do, that a crack head should be able to arm himself to the teeth is a great reason that gun control efforts might work. Thinking like that is crazy. Crack heads with assault weapons.
Fuk me.

The crack dealers already have all the weapons they want, you nincompoop. :lol:

And apparently so does everyone on this board. So what's the problem? :confused:

Nobody said they want to come and confiscate guns and I've stated in the very first post that once Illinois passes CC I will be getting a permit to conceal carry my Taurus Judge.

Oddly enough. he wasn't talking about crack dealers. He was talking that he should be able to buy anything he wants. Crack and AR15's together, if that is what he wants. Right up till the crack head starts killing people, it would be all good.

I guess you agree. No problem with crack heads owning semi auto rifles?

wtf is wrong with you people. No fuking common sense. Irrational fears.

Secondly, the gun nuts have said over and over and over that the AR15 is no more or less than any other gun in their arsenal. That being the case, what fuking difference could it make if you don't have one?

What literal difference? None of course.

What conceptual difference? Quite a bit.

First of all , the idea of the government deciding which legal products I may buy is repugnant.

Second of all, give an they take a mile. If we say okay, here are the AR15s , then next year they're back for pistols.

Third, what about principle, what happens when a group decides the government should take YOUR right.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

I have auto insurance and wear a seatbelt because the state forces me to by law. I don't carry. In some instances, fear may play a part in it. But it is preparation. Under the back seat of my truck, I have thick wool socks, hiking boots and insulated bibs. I also have jumper cables and a flashlight. In the console, I have a knife and lighter. I live in Oklahoma. We don't have that cold of winters. But if I find myself stranded on the side of the road.......I'm prepared. I don't fear the cold, I just find it annoying. Some people find crime annoying. They like to be prepared in the event someone wants to make them a victim.......which happens every minute of every day. I gues it is just the Boy Scout leader in me, but be prepared. It's the smart thing to do.

What literal difference? None of course.

What conceptual difference? Quite a bit.

First of all , the idea of the government deciding which legal products I may buy is repugnant.

Second of all, give an they take a mile. If we say okay, here are the AR15s , then next year they're back for pistols.

Third, what about principle, what happens when a group decides the government should take YOUR right.

Lets look at the third one first. It is the most interesting because the government under George Bush made a law that allows the government to do all sorts of things they couldn't do before. Look up the Patriot Act. Greatly supported by Rethugs and Dems alike. And harldy a whimper about what the government can now do to American citizens.
Did you actively protest the Patriot Act? If the government decides you are a terrorist, no one would ever have to hear from you again. Talk about taking away your rights.

Secondly, when there was a ban on assault style weapons, was there additional legislation proposed taking away handguns, shotguns and hunting rifles? No is the short answer.

Firstly, you think the government was out of line in stopping the sale of harmful consumer products being shipped to us by, say, the Chinese? Remember the dry wall with the cancer causing agents in the product? The US goverment should have stayed out of it. Is that what you are saying. Needless to say there are many instances where the governmnet intervened to keep us American safe. And you are against that I take it?

Ahh.. the 'harmful consumer product' argument.. Now, if the guns were blowing up during normal operation, there might be a case made for this.. But banning or restricting in this manner would only make sense if you were banning cars because of people's propensity to drive drunk

Of course you have.

Which parts are wrong....take your time....

Remember I'm not talking about your concept of law, it's creation and or application, it's your interpretation of American culture based on what others have responded with. That's what makes your arguments false. They're based on your own biased, misapplied stereotypes. Such blatant misrepresentation destroys any credibility you might have had with the rest of your arguments. Go figure.

What parts are false? If somebody responds in a stereotypical way, and it is their belief, then what is false about that?

Because it's only stereotypical in your mind, your apparent limited scope of experience/knowledge in this arena only allows you to focus on a very narrow "either-or" scenario, hence false dichotomy.

Uh, wrong.

People that carry guns have BALLS, not fear. People with fear run from confrontation, people carrying a gun that use it aren't scared of shit.

Takes more guts to pull out a gun on someone to rob them or to protect them than it does to run away from a situation.

Criminals and law abiding citizens that carry a gun have balls to do it. People too scared to carry a gun have FEAR.....fear of shooting themselves in the ass, fear of actually needing to stick around during a crime to defend people, etc.

Chickenshits tell other people they are scared because they have balls to carry a gun.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Oddly enough. he wasn't talking about crack dealers. He was talking that he should be able to buy anything he wants. Crack and AR15's together, if that is what he wants. Right up till the crack head starts killing people, it would be all good.

I guess you agree. No problem with crack heads owning semi auto rifles?

wtf is wrong with you people. No fuking common sense. Irrational fears.

For the record, when I said "...to be prohibited anything, beit a scary looking rifle or a bag of crack" it was to show the breadth of my disdain for any kind of prohibition. I think crack is disgusting, and the people who do it I have no desire to have anything to do with. But if their use doesn't infringe on anyone else then that's their business.
How are you going to know a person uses crack(or anything else) if they have no felonies on their record? You going to want to piss/blood test everyone who wants a gun too?

FEAR

I mostly agree with ya..but I've seen a couple of cases where it might be a good idea to own a gun.

I visited friend in a rural part of California. There was nothing..and I mean nothing around them but farm land. There would be no way cops could get to them in a timely manner if there was an intruder.

And business owners in tough neighborhoods don't have very much protecting them.

So home protection and business protection.

Uh, wrong.

People that carry guns have BALLS, not fear. People with fear run from confrontation, people carrying a gun that use it aren't scared of shit.

Takes more guts to pull out a gun on someone to rob them or to protect them than it does to run away from a situation.

Criminals and law abiding citizens that carry a gun have balls to do it. People too scared to carry a gun have FEAR.....fear of shooting themselves in the ass, fear of actually needing to stick around during a crime to defend people, etc.

Chickenshits tell other people they are scared because they have balls to carry a gun.

FEAR

Oh fuck no.

It takes "balls" to get into a bare knuckle fight.

It takes no balls to shoot someone.

In your case you run away from any fight like a pussy or offer them blowjobs as a mediator for the fight.

Oh it takes balls to carry a legal or illegal gun because the stakes for life go up when it is used.

Oh fuck no.

Last edited:
let me guess. if i lived in chicago, oakland or east los angeles? Pinal country arizona?I have two brothers that live in Tucson and they both don't move with out their gun strapped to their side. But it is not an AK41 or 47.

this gun is designed and sold to kill a lot of people and not lot of deer.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your case you run away from any fight like a pussy or offer them blowjobs as a mediator for the fight.

Uh, wrong.

Oh fuck no.

See?

It takes no balls to project your homosexuality over the interwebs.

You'd never say something like that to me face to face.

Fag.

As someone that actually owns guns and carried them in the military, I know the pussies like you that feared being handed a gun at the shooting range. We kept our eye on you because you would turn around with a loaded gun and point it at us asking the instructor why it wasn't firing. Everyone else would have their gun pointed at your head....

Oh fuck no.

See?

It takes no balls to project your homosexuality over the interwebs.

You'd never say something like that to me face to face.

Fag.

Forum List

Back