beck says universitires are more dangerous than hamas and other iran backed groups

How is Media Matters biased? Because they report on departures from ethical journalism committed by righties more often than lefties? So what? Someone needs to be watching the watchers.

Isn't there a right wing Media Matters site?

How is Media Matters biased? Because they report on departures from ethical journalism committed by righties more often than lefties? So what? Someone needs to be watching the watchers.

For a start, they represent 'opinion' as 'fact' and then claim inaccuracies or, as truthmatters will attest... lies! An opinion is just that, an opinion. An opinion cannot be a lie. Media Matters just bitches about right wing 'journalists' and go after people who are not fucking journalists. LOL.

I'm all for honesty and integrity in the media.... but Media Matters is no better than the rest. They twist for their own agenda. They are capable of neither honesty or integrity.

Just what we need..... yet another tool who thinks 'Media Matters' is in any way an unbiased source.

And, it's not even a good attempt to twist what he said. Here's an idea, blu.... instead of getting your opinions from Media Matters - why not listen to his fucking speech? Afraid you might not find anything to be outraged about?

It's pathetic when people take their opinions from the media. For some reason, I am not at all surprised that you do.

so in order to not take opinions from the media I should listen to glenn becks show?

If one decides to formulate a personal opinion on glenn beck, one would most likely choose to hear it from the horse's mouth directly, as a direct source, rather than a source that is secondary. But hey, that's just what a smart person would do. carry on.

Did you seriously just say that? Lmao....houston, we have a zombie.

Just what we need..... yet another tool who thinks 'Media Matters' is in any way an unbiased source.

And, it's not even a good attempt to twist what he said. Here's an idea, blu.... instead of getting your opinions from Media Matters - why not listen to his fucking speech? Afraid you might not find anything to be outraged about?

It's pathetic when people take their opinions from the media. For some reason, I am not at all surprised that you do.

so in order to not take opinions from the media I should listen to glenn becks show?
Last week, I believe, Jon Stewart featured an entire montage of a series of clips where Beck openly instructed his viewers what to do. He outright tells them...you NEED to do this/that.

It doesn't get more blatant than that.

I am sick of Beck and the fascination with him. It's like American Idol...never could stand that or the fascination with it.

Last week, I believe, Jon Stewart featured an entire montage of a series of clips where Beck openly instructed his viewers what to do. He outright tells them...you NEED to do this/that.

It doesn't get more blatant than that.

Jonathan Leibowitz never shows clips out of context for comedy and satirical purposes! Ever!

Last edited:
I have to go to work now, but....

Could someone find a site with the Beck/University video mess cited in this thread where context and complete quotes are offered?

I ask because I read more Conservatives bitching about media matters than the actual premise that universities are worse than terrorist training camps. We've often concluded that Conservatives have their peculiar notions about elitism. How higher education creates danger and should be avoided. How Ivy League schools are hotbeds of the dreaded "Leftist" culture and how science is just bad for us.

Wouldn't it be handy to see Beck in his own words without the distraction of bitching about the messenger.

I have to go to work now, but....

Could someone find a site with the Beck/University video mess cited in this thread where context and complete quotes are offered?

I ask because I read more Conservatives bitching about media matters than the actual premise that universities are worse than terrorist training camps. We've often concluded that Conservatives have their peculiar notions about elitism. How higher education creates danger and should be avoided. How Ivy League schools are hotbeds of the dreaded "Leftist" culture and how science is just bad for us.

Wouldn't it be handy to see Beck in his own words without the distraction of bitching about the messenger.
Actually, the idiot said that the indoctrination at universities is as bad as Hamas, etc.

He's still an idiot, though.

Here's a direct quote:

Not too long ago in this country we used to walk through walls of fire to make sure we weren't funding Hamas or Hezzbolah. I have news for you, there are a lot of universities that are just as dangerous with the indoctrination of our children as these terror groups are in Iran and North Korea.

or

American universities = Hezzbola and Hamas

His intent is to leave that impression.

He then goes on to compare Sebelius' comments about reeducating the public on healthcare to Mao which is more ridiculous hyperbole.

What an honorable guy that glennbeck is!

Last edited:
Here's a direct quote:

Not too long ago in this country we used to walk through walls of fire to make sure we weren't funding Hamas or Hezzbolah. I have news for you, there are a lot of universities that are just as dangerous with the indoctrination of our children as these terror groups are in Iran and North Korea.

or

He then goes on to compare Sebelius' comments about reeducating the public on healthcare to Mao which is more ridiculous hyperbole.

[Emphasis added] Gotta disagree with your conclusion, Art. One could say that because both universities and Hamas, etc have some characteristic in common (not agreeing with Beck's equivalence of the indoctrination) they are the same.

It's a faulty equivalence.

Here's a direct quote:

or

[Emphasis added] Gotta disagree with your conclusion, Art. One could say that because both universities and Hamas, etc have some characteristic in common (not agreeing with Beck's equivalence of the indoctrination) they are the same.

Well I did say that his intent is to leave that impression ...

He could have chosen a number of analogies or ways to get his point across but I believe that he choose Hamas and Hezzbolah because they are roundly despised high profile terror organizations. I believe he knows full well the emotional response people have when it comes to those groups and he's purposefully using them as an example in an effort to get the American people to direct the same ire and mistrust towards our very own schools.

Same thing with the Sebelius quote. I recall that she said that when discussing how badly the Dems failed at getting information out about the healthcare bill and instead let the right frame the issue. But she used the term "re-education" so of course glennbeck takes that and runs it right up the Chairman Mao flagpole instead of fairly looking at what she was saying. Honorable people don't do crap like that. People who are genuinely interested in unity don't start those kinds of fires or take a word like "re-education" and throw rocket fuel on it.

Here's a direct quote:

or

He could have chosen a number of analogies or ways to get his point across but I believe that he choose Hamas and Hezzbolah because they are roundly despised high profile terror organizations. I believe he knows full well the emotional response people have when it comes to those groups and he's purposefully using them as an example in an effort to get the American people to direct the same ire and mistrust towards our very own schools.

Same thing with the Sebelius quote. I recall that she said that when discussing how badly the Dems failed at getting information out about the healthcare bill and instead let the right frame the issue. But she used the term "re-education" so of course glennbeck takes that and runs it right up the Chairman Mao flagpole instead of fairly looking at what she was saying. Honorable people don't do crap like that. People who are genuinely interested in unity don't start those kinds of fires or take a word like "re-education" and throw rocket fuel on it.

I couldn't agree more.

Emotions are a powerful thing and the pols and talking heads use rhetoric to appeal to emotions way too often.

This is why I push critical thinking so much. We'd be much better off as a nation emphasizing that in schools (every school year, teach it) and attaching a priority value to it in everyday life.

beck says universitires are more dangerous than hamas and other iran backed groups

He's absolutely right.

An informed citizenry IS more threatening to what he stands for than all the terrorist organzizations on earth.

I couldn't agree more.

Emotions are a powerful thing and the pols and talking heads use rhetoric to appeal to emotions way too often.

This is why I push critical thinking so much. We'd be much better off as a nation emphasizing that in schools (every school year, teach it) and attaching a priority value to it in everyday life.

Well yeah, but it's so much easier not to think. I mean, actually taking the time to look at something or analyze an issue in a logical and well reasoned manner takes time and effort. Too bad I don't got time for that thinking shit anyway ... between catching up on reality TV and all the tweets I'm getting from the celebrities and athletes I'm following there is no way I'm going to take the time to verify the information that my favorite talking head just gave me! Fuck that shit.

I couldn't agree more.

Well yeah, but it's so much easier not to think. I mean, actually taking the time to look at something or analyze an issue in a logical and well reasoned manner takes time and effort. Too bad I don't got time for that thinking shit anyway ... between catching up on reality TV and all the tweets I'm getting from the celebrities and athletes I'm following there is no way I'm going to take the time to verify the information that my favorite talking head just gave me! Fuck that shit.
:rofl:

Here's a direct quote:

or

Well, he is an entertainer, 15. So he engaged in hyperbole? So what?

And to whoever claimed we lefties were too flyblown to sit through an entire episode of Glenn Beck: I did. Off and on for a year...and yes he does direct his viewers to take action. Most of it is harmless ("take action", "get ready", "vote the bum out") not all of it.

For awhile, when I was watching, he was hawking gold like stocks were about to be worthless...I bet THAT caused a bit of harm.

Here's a direct quote:

or

I've just sat through the whole fucking 'Glen Beck' show for this nonsense. In the context of what he's talking about, it is clearly about indoctrination. And, ya know what.... He has a valid point. I saw it at University. But I guess you have to be a conservative to see it.

Forum List

Back