beck says universitires are more dangerous than hamas and other iran backed groups

[Emphasis added] Gotta disagree with your conclusion, Art. One could say that because both universities and Hamas, etc have some characteristic in common (not agreeing with Beck's equivalence of the indoctrination) they are the same.

It's a faulty equivalence.

Well I did say that his intent is to leave that impression ...

He could have chosen a number of analogies or ways to get his point across but I believe that he choose Hamas and Hezzbolah because they are roundly despised high profile terror organizations. I believe he knows full well the emotional response people have when it comes to those groups and he's purposefully using them as an example in an effort to get the American people to direct the same ire and mistrust towards our very own schools.

Same thing with the Sebelius quote. I recall that she said that when discussing how badly the Dems failed at getting information out about the healthcare bill and instead let the right frame the issue. But she used the term "re-education" so of course glennbeck takes that and runs it right up the Chairman Mao flagpole instead of fairly looking at what she was saying. Honorable people don't do crap like that. People who are genuinely interested in unity don't start those kinds of fires or take a word like "re-education" and throw rocket fuel on it.

Well, he is an entertainer, 15. So he engaged in hyperbole? So what?

And to whoever claimed we lefties were too flyblown to sit through an entire episode of Glenn Beck: I did. Off and on for a year...and yes he does direct his viewers to take action. Most of it is harmless ("take action", "get ready", "vote the bum out") not all of it.

For awhile, when I was watching, he was hawking gold like stocks were about to be worthless...I bet THAT caused a bit of harm.

He was right about stocks. He was right about gold. As a family, we ditched our investments in stocks, bonds etc and put more in gold. In a recession, gold is always a good investment. And property.... if you know where to invest in property, ie not in the US

Here's a direct quote:

Not too long ago in this country we used to walk through walls of fire to make sure we weren't funding Hamas or Hezzbolah. I have news for you, there are a lot of universities that are just as dangerous with the indoctrination of our children as these terror groups are in Iran and North Korea.

or

American universities = Hezzbola and Hamas

His intent is to leave that impression.

He then goes on to compare Sebelius' comments about reeducating the public on healthcare to Mao which is more ridiculous hyperbole.

What an honorable guy that glennbeck is!

I've just sat through the whole fucking 'Glen Beck' show for this nonsense. In the context of what he's talking about, it is clearly about indoctrination. And, ya know what.... He has a valid point. I saw it at University. But I guess you have to be a conservative to see it.

I'm certainly not denying the liberal slant in more of our Universities, my point is that the rhetoric he chooses is extremely hyperbolic and meant to incite a strong negative emotional reaction from his viewers/listeners. Comparing American universities to Hamas? Kathleen Sebelis to Chairman Mao? GMAFB

This was what I was talking about over the weekend when I said that after the rally he would be right back on his program and up to his same old games on Monday ... driving wedges and spreading fear.

Well I did say that his intent is to leave that impression ...

He could have chosen a number of analogies or ways to get his point across but I believe that he choose Hamas and Hezzbolah because they are roundly despised high profile terror organizations. I believe he knows full well the emotional response people have when it comes to those groups and he's purposefully using them as an example in an effort to get the American people to direct the same ire and mistrust towards our very own schools.

Same thing with the Sebelius quote. I recall that she said that when discussing how badly the Dems failed at getting information out about the healthcare bill and instead let the right frame the issue. But she used the term "re-education" so of course glennbeck takes that and runs it right up the Chairman Mao flagpole instead of fairly looking at what she was saying. Honorable people don't do crap like that. People who are genuinely interested in unity don't start those kinds of fires or take a word like "re-education" and throw rocket fuel on it.

And to whoever claimed we lefties were too flyblown to sit through an entire episode of Glenn Beck: I did. Off and on for a year...and yes he does direct his viewers to take action. Most of it is harmless ("take action", "get ready", "vote the bum out") not all of it.

For awhile, when I was watching, he was hawking gold like stocks were about to be worthless...I bet THAT caused a bit of harm.

He was right about stocks. He was right about gold. As a family, we ditched our investments in stocks, bonds etc and put more in gold. In a recession, gold is always a good investment. And property.... if you know where to invest in property, ie not in the US

Presumably, you did not fire sale off your holdings based on Glenn Beck's advice...but doubtless some did. So, that's one sort of harm he has caused.

We won't even go into all the xenophobia, racism, and jingoism he whips up. But you have to be willing...no one can whip you without your consent, and if he ceased broadcasting tomorrow, there'd be someone else to exploit these fears.

Beck (or someone responsible for the show) has an absolute genius for American fears.

According to you, questioning the source is defending Glen Beck?

LOL. No. your vast history of running to goofy Glen Beck's aid throughout this forum is "defending Glen Beck."

437 examples, in fact. You seem very concerned about the man and his principles, despite saying you're not time and time again.

There's the irony.

Interesting...just goes to show, even stupidity is sometimes interesting.

More irony.

Maybe you'll fire off another pissy private message again, like you tend to do when you get dealt with out here in thread circuses like this.

Glen Beck is a tool. You say you don't follow him, but you sure espouse many of his ideals throughout this forum. Not to mention your free public relations campaign for him here.

Here's a direct quote:

or

American universities = Hezzbola and Hamas

His intent is to leave that impression.

He then goes on to compare Sebelius' comments about reeducating the public on healthcare to Mao which is more ridiculous hyperbole.

What an honorable guy that glennbeck is!

I've just sat through the whole fucking 'Glen Beck' show for this nonsense. In the context of what he's talking about, it is clearly about indoctrination. And, ya know what.... He has a valid point. I saw it at University. But I guess you have to be a conservative to see it.

I'm certainly not denying the liberal slant in more of our Universities, my point is that the rhetoric he chooses is extremely hyperbolic and meant to incite a strong negative emotional reaction from his viewers/listeners. Comparing American universities to Hamas? Kathleen Sebelis to Chairman Mao? GMAFB

This was what I was talking about over the weekend when I said that after the rally he would be right back on his program and up to his same old games on Monday ... driving wedges and spreading fear.

Liberal slant? :lol::lol: That's like saying the Pope is a little bit Catholic. :lol:

He (rightly, in my view) called the Universities out for not educating young people how to think. I agree with him. I attended two Universities (both worldwide top 10). Neither did the job it was supposed to do - to encourage individual though and critical analysis. At both, it was far more than a 'liberal slant'.... I can't think of one of my Professors whose political view I did not know and whose view did not impact their teaching.

I disagree with way he said it.... but I get what he meant. And..... more importantly.... he was not wrong.

Presumably, you did not fire sale off your holdings based on Glenn Beck's advice...but doubtless some did. So, that's one sort of harm he has caused.

We won't even go into all the xenophobia, racism, and jingoism he whips up. But you have to be willing...no one can whip you without your consent, and if he ceased broadcasting tomorrow, there'd be someone else to exploit these fears.

Beck (or someone responsible for the show) has an absolute genius for American fears.

No, we (as a family) tend not to take advice on financial matters from tv commentators. I keep looking for this xenophobia, racism etc that people claim he whips up.... I can't find it. Admittedly, until recently, I hadn't watched Beck but I have started to recently.... purely because people keep making these accusations and back them up with one sentence taken out of context.... So I figured I'd find out for myself

According to you, questioning the source is defending Glen Beck?

LOL. No. your vast history of running to goofy Glen Beck's aid throughout this forum is "defending Glen Beck."

437 examples, in fact. You seem very concerned about the man and his principles, despite saying you're not time and time again.

There's the irony.

Interesting...just goes to show, even stupidity is sometimes interesting.

More irony.

Maybe you'll fire off another pissy private message again, like you tend to do when you get dealt with out here in thread circuses like this.

Glen Beck is a tool. You say you don't follow him, but you sure espouse many of his ideals throughout this forum. Not to mention your free public relations campaign for him here.

Get bent, Jiggsy. I don't PM you, you sad bastard. I might neg rep you occasionally.... learn to tell the difference, moron.

And.... you are seriously obsessed if you can actually count how many posts I've made on a particular topic..... that's actually kind of creepy.

However, as I will continue to say, give me actual hard evidence of the claims against Beck and I'll look at them. Every time, I find people's hyberbole to be based on one sentence, mainly taken out of context, and twisted. I have no real opinion on Beck.... But I have this thing about people who make these accusations based on nothing. I don't defend the man... I defend the principle of critical thinking. People who howl about Beck, generally, lack that skill.

Liberal slant? :lol::lol: That's like saying the Pope is a little bit Catholic. :lol:

He (rightly, in my view) called the Universities out for not educating young people how to think. I agree with him. I attended two Universities (both worldwide top 10). Neither did the job it was supposed to do - to encourage individual though and critical analysis. At both, it was far more than a 'liberal slant'.... I can't think of one of my Professors whose political view I did not know and whose view did not impact their teaching.

I disagree with way he said it.... but I get what he meant. And..... more importantly.... he was not wrong.

His point gets lost in the delivery. Even if he's right, he's wrong.

So what year do you take Suicide Bombing 101? What type of Mass Murder courses will you be taking as part of your degree program?

So what year do you take Suicide Bombing 101? What type of Mass Murder courses will you be taking as part of your degree program?

beck didnt say colleges are the same in making bombs and shit, idiot. he said it was same in the power of indoctrination as terrorist groups, not that the indoctrination was literaly the same. youre grasping at straws man.

beck didnt say colleges are the same in making bombs and shit, idiot. he said it was same in the power of indoctrination as terrorist groups, not that the indoctrination was literaly the same. youre grasping at straws man.

Naw just putting Beck's rhetoric to good use.

:thup:

Of course, you are too busy choking on his cock to see that.

hahahaha, the comparison is legit in my opinion. as far as comparing the power and use of indoctrination, not comparing what is exactly indoctrinated. if thats too complicated for you, then that is your personal problem.

hahahaha, the comparison is legit in my opinion. as far as comparing the power and use of indoctrination, not comparing what is exactly indoctrinated. if thats too complicated for you, then that is your personal problem.

No it's not too complicated to me but I can see that you aren't a fan at all when the tables are flipped on you and someone takes a person's words or an idea then blows them totally out of proportion to get a reaction.

No it's not too complicated to me but I can see that you aren't a fan at all when the tables are flipped on you and someone takes a person's words or an idea then blows them totally out of proportion to get a reaction.

people are blowing glenn's words out of proportion, like usual, from my pov.

Beck used an analogy that is wrought with emotion. And, as even the OP has demonstrated, it is too easy to make an error in the equivalence he was making. And, I am relatively sure that is exactly his intent. The ratings soar from both sides of the political spectrum and so does his bank balance. I'm too proud to be complicit in that sort of idiocy, so I don't contribute to his ratings.

Last edited:

I agree. Maybe you are starting to get it. People are blowing glennbeck's words out of proportion much like how glennbeck blows the "indoctrination" of students at American universities out of proportion by comparing them to Hamas and just like how glennbeck blows Kathleen Sebelis' words out of proportion by comparing them to Mao.

Last edited:

Beck used an analogy that is wrought with emotion. And, as even the OP has demonstrated, it is too easy to make an error in the equivalence he was making. And, I am relatively sure that is exactly his intent. The ratings soar from both sides of the political spectrum and so does his bank balance. I'm too proud to be complicit in that sort of idiocy, so I don't contribute to his ratings.

hey man, thats a perfectly legitimate criticism. his words dont bother me though.

I agree. Maybe you are starting to get it. People are blowing glennbeck's words out of proportion much like how glennbeck blows the "indoctrination" of students at American universities out of proportion by comparing them to Hamas and just like how glennbeck blows Kathleen Sebelis' words out of proportion by comparing them to Mao.

maybe, and yeah radio personalities use shocking language, thats just part of the business.

Forum List

Back