🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Been watching the History Channel special on the Bible

Howl, O gate; cry, O city,
thou whole Palestina, art dissolved. (Isa 14:31a)

All these quotes from the Bible that you're transmitting mean Philistia. Ask someone who knows Hebrew, like me or Lipush.

Not only that, but they all prophecy that Philistia will be destroyed.

Last edited:
One of the best series produced by the History Channel, is their Bible series where they bring to life different sections of the Bible. It's interesting how there is absolutely no mention of "Palestine" or "Palestinians" at all. We are on King David's capture of Jerusalem, and no mythical Palestine yet.

I'll report back as the story evolves, if I hear the word Palestine being mentioned.

images

Howl, O gate; cry, O city,
thou whole Palestina, art dissolved. (Isa 14:31a)

Oh, bad news! Using your "AGW preponderance of the evidence" method of proof, it appears that it's Philist, not Palestine and the science is settled and there is Consensus

Isaiah 14:29 Do not rejoice, all you Philistines, that the rod that struck you is broken; from the root of that snake will spring up a viper, its fruit will be a darting, venomous serpent.

"New International Version (©2011)
Do not rejoice, all you Philistines, that the rod that struck you is broken; from the root of that snake will spring up a viper, its fruit will be a darting, venomous serpent.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Do not rejoice, you Philistines, that the rod that struck you is broken--that the king who attacked you is dead. For from that snake a more poisonous snake will be born, a fiery serpent to destroy you!

English Standard Version (©2001)
Rejoice not, O Philistia, all of you, that the rod that struck you is broken, for from the serpent’s root will come forth an adder, and its fruit will be a flying fiery serpent.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Do not rejoice, O Philistia, all of you, Because the rod that struck you is broken; For from the serpent's root a viper will come out, And its fruit will be a flying serpent.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Don't rejoice, all of you in Philistia, because the rod of the one who struck you is broken. For a viper will come from the root of a snake, and from its egg comes a flying serpent.

International Standard Version (©2012)
"Don't rejoice, all of you Philistines, that the rod that struck you is broken, because from the snake's root a viper will spring up, and its offspring will be a darting, poisonous serpent.

NET Bible (©2006)
Don't be so happy, all you Philistines, just because the club that beat you has been broken! For a viper will grow out of the serpent's root, and its fruit will be a darting adder.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
All you Philistines, don't rejoice that the rod of the one who struck you is broken, because a viper will come from that snake's root, and his descendant will be a flying, fiery serpent.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Rejoice not, all of Philistia, because the rod of him that struck you is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth an adder, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

American King James Version
Rejoice not you, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote you is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

American Standard Version
Rejoice not, O Philistia, all of thee, because the rod that smote thee is broken; for out of the serpent's root shall come forth an adder, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Rejoice not thou, whole Philistia, that the rod of him that struck thee is broken in pieces: for out of the root of the serpent shall come forth a basilisk, and his seed shall swallow the bird.

Darby Bible Translation
Rejoice not thou, Philistia, all of thee, because the rod that smote thee is broken; for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a viper, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

English Revised Version
Rejoice not, O Philistia, all of thee, because the rod that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a basilisk, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

Webster's Bible Translation
Rejoice not thou, all Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a basilisk, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.

World English Bible
Don't rejoice, O Philistia, all of you, because the rod that struck you is broken; for out of the serpent's root an adder will emerge, and his fruit will be a fiery flying serpent.

Young's Literal Translation
Rejoice not thou, Philistia, all of thee, That broken hath been the rod of thy smiter, For from the root of a serpent cometh out a viper, And its fruit is a flying saraph.

And the Prophet Isaiah wrote about the land of Palestine, and it came to pass that a baby was born in that land of Palestine. John 1:14 The Word became a human and lived among us.

Philistia, Palestine, same thing! And Jesus lived as a Palestinian in Palestine, Jesus, the Truth that sets man free!

Philistia and Palestine, same thing.

HAHAHAHA . This is my favorite quote of yours yet ! Please come see this folks !

There is more---she insists that the CANAANITES who are
ALSO "philistias" and/or "palestinians" spoke arabic
It's ok sherri has the mosque view of the bible---the whole thing is
a gross fraud and is revised every tueday and thursday----but she
quotes it anyway

sherri has a kind of ETHOS like that which chacterizes illiterate
peoples----history for them is vague and fantastical ----the only needed
historian is the market place story-teller

Philistine, Philadelphia, what's the difference?

cheese-steak----aka THE HOAGIE <<<not kosher--
according to sherri---jesus the philistine ate them for lunch
uhm----archaeological findings regarding the philistines
suggest odd sexual practices and even possible child
sacrifice----I wonder how many kids the jesus of sherri
----uhm ---well they pierced the genetalia and inserted
metal decorations before they threw them in fire

Jesus King of the Philistines, who lived in Philistia? Somehow that doesn't sound right. Hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Jesus King of the Philistines, who lived in Philistia? Somehow that doesn't sound right. Hyuk hyuk hyuk.

How about SAMSON yelling "ALLAHUAKBARRR" ----
when he did----whatever he did-----I wonder what the
new version of that samson story is. Didn't VICTOR MATURE
play SAMSON------do you think he can do a remake?----or
we can just dub a "ALLAHUAKBARR" into the old version?

You know Roudy, one of my all time favorite movie quotes, is The Usual Suspects' Verbal Kint at his investigation- "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Well, way I see it, the greatest trick the Arabs ever pulled was convincing the world Palestine did exist, as a modern way to fight the Jews.

Who cares whether Palestine existed, exists, or doesn't? It's all historical semantics played by folks with nationalistic agendas on both sides.

Israel ceased to exist 3000 years ago and Palestine is fiction.

What matters is the people on the ground now and their rights to a homeland and a country.

Jesus Enters Jerusalem as King of Israel
"Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the King of Israel!" (v. 13)

Sum ting wong here?

You know Roudy, one of my all time favorite movie quotes, is The Usual Suspects' Verbal Kint at his investigation- "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Well, way I see it, the greatest trick the Arabs ever pulled was convincing the world Palestine did exist, as a modern way to fight the Jews.

Who cares whether Palestine existed, exists, or doesn't? It's all historical semantics played by folks with nationalistic agendas on both sides.

Israel ceased to exist 3000 years ago and Palestine is fiction.

What matters is the people on the ground now and their rights to a homeland and a country.

While I find it hard to call a country that was marked on western maps for 600 years and which has a name arguably older than any country in Europe "a fiction", you do make a good point.

Canada doesn't appear much in the Bible either - it's still a country.

Forum List

Back