🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Been watching the History Channel special on the Bible

Jesus Enters Jerusalem as King of Israel
"Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the King of Israel!" (v. 13)

Sum ting wong here?

yes-----sherri did inform us that the word "israel" did not exist ----in
PHILISTINA ----as proven by a review of HERODOTUS

HOSANNA is not an arabic word---ie,, not the english equiv---of an
arabic word----so that one does not work either. -----uhm-----
the whole scene obviiously never happened in any way other than---
some guy named ISA -----more like SHAYKH ISA----flew into
jerusalem on a flying horse----and everyone yelled
SALAM ALEIKUM, ISA and handed him a cheese steak

Who needs to go to a comedy show when you have Sherri Munnerlyn !
Jesus responds by finding a young donkey to sit on (v. 14):

Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt (v. 15; from Zech 9:9).

You know Roudy, one of my all time favorite movie quotes, is The Usual Suspects' Verbal Kint at his investigation- "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Well, way I see it, the greatest trick the Arabs ever pulled was convincing the world Palestine did exist, as a modern way to fight the Jews.

Who cares whether Palestine existed, exists, or doesn't? It's all historical semantics played by folks with nationalistic agendas on both sides.

Israel ceased to exist 3000 years ago and Palestine is fiction.

What matters is the people on the ground now and their rights to a homeland and a country.

While I find it hard to call a country that was marked on western maps for 600 years and which has a name arguably older than any country in Europe "a fiction", you do make a good point.

Canada doesn't appear much in the Bible either - it's still a country.

I was being a bit sarcarstic with my comment :)

Your last line pretty much wraps up the ridiculousness of this entire line of argument based, apparently, on a series of many-times translated and edited books on the history and mythology of certain tribes that existed 3000 years ago in the Middle East. And, from that we are supposed to recognize what countries have a right to exist or not exist today.:cuckoo:

Who cares whether Palestine existed, exists, or doesn't? It's all historical semantics played by folks with nationalistic agendas on both sides.

Israel ceased to exist 3000 years ago and Palestine is fiction.

What matters is the people on the ground now and their rights to a homeland and a country.

While I find it hard to call a country that was marked on western maps for 600 years and which has a name arguably older than any country in Europe "a fiction", you do make a good point.

Your last line pretty much wraps up the ridiculousness of this entire line of argument based, apparently, on a series of many-times translated and edited books on the history and mythology of certain tribes that existed 3000 years ago in the Middle East. And, from that we are supposed to recognize what countries have a right to exist or not exist today.:cuckoo:
Not meaning to get into a repetitive discussion we had once before, we are talking about Palestine in the Bible or lack thereof. Philistines are Europeans who ceased to exist as a people and have nothing to do with today's Arabs. Judeah and Samaria of ancient Israel existed for thousands of years up to 1948 when the Arabs changed it to "West Bank". But that is another discussion for another thread.

Not meaning to get into a repetitive discussion we had once before, we are talking about

Palestine in the Bible or lack thereof. Philistines are Europeans who ceased to exist as a people and have nothing to do with today's Arabs. Judeah and Samaria of ancient Israel existed for thousands of years up to 1948 when the Arabs changed it to "West Bank". But that is another discussion for another thread.

WRONG !!!! roudy ISA ---was born 2000 years ago in the
west bank town of uhm "BEITLACHMA" (?) or "beitpita"?
He spoke arabic----- how do you say "west bank" in arabic?

Matthew 10:5-6:

“These 12 Jesus sent forth and commanded them saying. Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Not meaning to get into a repetitive discussion we had once before, we are talking about

Palestine in the Bible or lack thereof. Philistines are Europeans who ceased to exist as a people and have nothing to do with today's Arabs. Judeah and Samaria of ancient Israel existed for thousands of years up to 1948 when the Arabs changed it to "West Bank". But that is another discussion for another thread.

WRONG !!!! roudy ISA ---was born 2000 years ago in the
west bank town of uhm "BEITLACHMA" (?) or "beitpita"?
He spoke arabic----- how do you say "west bank" in arabic?
Bank Al Sharg. But I'm not sure how they refer to it.

Romans 11:1-2

"I say then, hath Yahweh cast away His people? Yahweh forbid! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. Yahweh hath not cast away His people which He foreknew!"

classic saigoon posting. Start with lies and gibberish, then descend into accusing others of posting lies and gibberish.

Quote of the week. Saigoon: "Arab Palestinians lived in Palestine during the Stone Age"

Forum List

Back