Zone1 Beggars at the Intersection: How do you feel about them? What do you do?

Nope.

Yep.

Taxpayers are struggling to pay for groceries and gas,

Thanks to Republicans like you, with their "trickle down" economics. You're an old retired wealthy woman, that identifies with the rich. You don't care about working-class people, hence your aversion and spite for any government policy or program that helps the poor and those who work for a living.

...and we are already massively in debt.

The old "national debt" canard, which I already refuted multiple times. We have more than enough money to fund infrastructural development, and housing for the homeless, would comprise part of that infrastructure. You ignore the fact that homelessness is more expensive than simply housing them.

----You must be a liberal:

.....You must be a right-wing ideologue, who hates the poor and working class.

-----your only solution is to give people free housing....

That's a straw man argument. The solution for the homeless, is housing (obviously), healthcare (Medicaid), drug-rehab, mental health services, and job training. Whatever we can do for them, to help them get back on their feet. In Israel, if a poor Jewish family makes aliya, they receive plenty of help from the Israeli government. Of course, the US government sends Israel billions yearly, to help them.

Here in New York City, in the Jewish community of Williamsburg and in Crown Heights, they take care of their own. Because Torah commands them to have a system in place to house and feed the poor. Want to debate Torah with me? We can go to the TeNaK and Halacha (step into the ring kindala). I have Hashem on my side, you obstinant daughter of Jacob, who was chosen to repair this world, rather than make it worse.

A non-Jew who keeps the seven laws of Noach is commanded to take care of the poor and homeless, establishing a just court and government. So even if I'm not Jewish, as a Noachide, who studies Torah, the rabbis, and Khabala, I will teach you your own religion, because you spent too much time studying your portfolio $$$$$$$$$$$..

... that is equivalent to that which hard-working people pay for,

Hard-working people don't live in a vacuum, but in a society, where we have to share our living spaces with others. Abandoning people out in the street or herding them into warehouses, only makes the situation worse for everybody and it's much more expensive. Aren't you supposedly the "fiscally conservative" lady?

We need to create a society where every member has a basic foundation upon which to build their lives. This is what Hashem commands, based on TeNaK and Halacha = Mishna/Talmud/the rabbis. If you respond by dismissing Judaism, then religious Jew? Let me know, I'll adjust.

....and then put it on the backs of the hard-working people.
Ignoring the poor and underprivileged in society creates more of a burden for hard-working people. But really, since when have you ever concerned yourself with the interests of the working class, huh? Be honest now. You consider those who propose that we have a social safety net for the working class (you know, people who actually work), Stalinists (radical communists). Does the nation of Israel have a social safety net for its citizens? Only Jewish people can have that, but not the goyim? It's OK in Williamsburg and in Crown Heights but not in Hoboken?

What’s your solution to the million of illegals?

It's not one solution.

1. Lift all economic sanctions from Latin American countries, like Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela, now Honduras and even El Salvador are facing sanctions. Let's stop undermining these economies with embargoes and threats of war, that way they can develop and their citizens will want to live there, rather than here. They'll stay there, at home.

2. Deploy tens of thousands of American troops on our border, to stop illegal immigration, drugs, weapons, the cartels and human trafficking. We need our military on the border.

3. Build a real wall. Don't just talk about it, do it. Build a freaking barrier that is monitored with technology.

4. When a Central American country like El Salvador has a president that does this:

I speak Spanish, and I know how the people of El Salvador feel about their president. He has a 94% approval rating. They love Him. Support him, don't accuse him of "human rights violations" and try to oust him from power. Support his measures and hence decrease illegal immigration into the US. The people of El Salador LOVE Bukele.

5. Deport all of the illegal immigrants and provide farmers and other industries that rely heavily on illegal workers to fully automate:

Same thing? Free apartments for those who can’t afford it for themselves?

For American citizens and legal residents, not illegal immigrants. They can go back home and make "MEXICO GREAT AGAIN". We will make "AMERICA GREAT AGAIN".

Should we keep Israel on American government cash assistance? Should America abandon Israel, and not send it any more welfare? What do you think kindala? I'm not against sending aid to Israel or supporting Israel, but if we have obligations to other countries, like Israel, we don't have any obligations towards our fellow Americans who are homeless and killing themselves out in the street? How do you figure? How do you reconcile those two? No social-safety-net for Americans, because supposedly that's "Joseph Stalin" - "Hammers and Sickles", but a social safety net for the nation of Israel. For Jewish people in Israel, is TOV TOV TOV! GOOD GOOD! BESEDER!

Don’t tell me that you‘re a leftist Jew? Oye vey.

And who says I’m a wealthy retired woman who identifies with the rich? Just because I don’t expect them to give me some of their money, or paint them as evil?

Nope.

Yep.

Taxpayers are struggling to pay for groceries and gas,

Thanks to Republicans like you, with their "trickle down" economics.

Obama's administration carried out the exact same trickle down economics.

Seriously? Along with a "free education", "free rent", the "right" to bugger your neighbor and marry him, and the "right" to murder your unborn children? None of those "rights" are in the Constitution. If you'd been one of the founding fathers and suggested they put those in the Constitution, they would have put you in stocks and pelted you with rotten fruit.

How do you guys and girls come up with this stuff? :laughing0301:

Ezekiel 16:49-50

New International Version

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

Ezekiel 16:49-50​

New International Version​

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

They claim to be "Bible Believing Christians" or Jewish (God's Chosen People), but they flippantly dismiss the needs of the homeless and refuse to obey the Biblical God. They love their mammon, their money, more than God and His commandments. .

They claim to be "Bible Believing Christians" or Jewish (God's Chosen People), but they flippantly dismiss the needs of the homeless and refuse to obey the Biblical God. They love their mammon, their money, more than God and His commandments. .
Yup…^^^ a bigtime liberal with disdain for religious people, who ironically calls himself ChristianMan.

Good for you. True, there are a few exceptions. Most however, are found covered with maggots on the street. In Los Angeles that's how the police could tell who was sleeping it off from the dead. Maggots. Especially by the eyes. They would be found dotting Wilshire Blvd. Why Wilshire? That's where the harm reduction centers were.

The solution to that isn't forced sterilization and incarceration in a "compound preserve". Your cold, flippant attitude toward these people and your inhumane policy proposals aren't the solution. I do believe in tough love, but such policies must be tempered with genuine concern and the objective to restore these people to some level of self-sufficiency. That can be done. I know many people who have been restored and from that stable environment, provided to them by a government program, were able to move on with their lives, as law-abiding and productive people.

I definitely didn't like getting her a junk meal,
I've had two encounters--the first was much the same as yours. The woman panhandled me in the grocery store parking lot. I gave her a $1.50 can of green beans . She walked to the nearest trash can and threw the beans away. The second was at Walmart. I was in line behind a young man who was doing his grocery shopping with a Snap card. He had good, nutritious food in his order, but he came up short and was deciding what he would return. I told the clerk that I would make up the shortage. He was appreciative and took his whole order home to his wife and children. I don't mind helping someone in need, but panhandlers are nothing but parasitic scum.

I've had two encounters--the first was much the same as yours. The woman panhandled me in the grocery store parking lot. I gave her a $1.50 can of green beans . She walked to the nearest trash can and threw the beans away. The second was at Walmart. I was in line behind a young man who was doing his grocery shopping with a Snap card. He had good, nutritious food in his order, but he came up short and was deciding what he would return. I told the clerk that I would make up the shortage. He was appreciative and took his whole order home to his wife and children. I don't mind helping someone in need, but panhandlers are nothing but parasitic scum.

I've got a better story.

I used to be more sympathetic to panhandlers, back when I lived in the Santa Barbara area, up to mid-2004. The panhandlers here in the Sacramento area seem to be a different breed, entirely than those I ever encountered before I moved here—generally more scary, and more clearly of unsound mental health, more prone to violent, dangerous, or otherwise unseemly behavior. It didn't take very long for me to become much more cynical, and much less sympathetic to panhandlers, once I began encountering the Sacramento variety of them.

My move to Sacramento was at an exceptionally low point in my life, and my career that saw me resorting to taking day labor jobs at Labor Ready to make my living. For a while, when I encountered a panhandler, I would try to tell him about Labor Ready. I figured that anyone who was willing to work as hard as I did, and to observe some very basic ethical standards, could make as much money as I was making, and as hard as I worked for such relatively meager wages, I saw no reason why I should share any of it with anyone that wasn't willing to work as I did, to earn his own. You'd be amazed how many of these panhandlers, generally younger than I at the time, and appearing to be stronger and healthier, had all sorts of excuses why they couldn't work as I did.

So, now on to my main story. This happened some time after I had fully changed to my more cynical, unsympathetic view of panhandlers. My wife and I along with a friend, were getting ready to make a car trip to Oakland. As we were heading to a gas station, the friend happened to take notice of a very thin, hungry-looking, female panhandler.

Now this friend is the sweetest, most loving woman one could ever know. She seems to have a relentless drive to see only good, and at times, seems to be incapable of seeing evil. Of course, on seeing a thin hungry-looking woman, she wanted to help. She happened to have a freshly-baked loaf of homemade bread in the car, which she asked me to hand to that woman.

As my friend went in to pay for the gasoline, I was not at all surprised by what happened next. The woman crossed the street, handed the bread to a male companion, who then came up to me and angrily confronted me. He was angry that I had given the woman that “stupid” loaf of bread instead of giving her money.

Political parties beg for your money all the time. Many groups do.

I've got a better story.

I used to be more sympathetic to panhandlers, back when I lived in the Santa Barbara area, up to mid-2004. The panhandlers here in the Sacramento area seem to be a different breed, entirely than those I ever encountered before I moved here—generally more scary, and more clearly of unsound mental health, more prone to violent, dangerous, or otherwise unseemly behavior. It didn't take very long for me to become much more cynical, and much less sympathetic to panhandlers, once I began encountering the Sacramento variety of them.

My move to Sacramento was at an exceptionally low point in my life, and my career that saw me resorting to taking day labor jobs at Labor Ready to make my living. For a while, when I encountered a panhandler, I would try to tell him about Labor Ready. I figured that anyone who was willing to work as hard as I did, and to observe some very basic ethical standards, could make as much money as I was making, and as hard as I worked for such relatively meager wages, I saw no reason why I should share any of it with anyone that wasn't willing to work as I did, to earn his own. You'd be amazed how many of these panhandlers, generally younger than I at the time, and appearing to be stronger and healthier, had all sorts of excuses why they couldn't work as I did.

So, now on to my main story. This happened some time after I had fully changed to my more cynical, unsympathetic view of panhandlers. My wife and I along with a friend, were getting ready to make a car trip to Oakland. As we were heading to a gas station, the friend happened to take notice of a very thin, hungry-looking, female panhandler.

Now this friend is the sweetest, most loving woman one could ever know. She seems to have a relentless drive to see only good, and at times, seems to be incapable of seeing evil. Of course, on seeing a thin hungry-looking woman, she wanted to help. She happened to have a freshly-baked loaf of homemade bread in the car, which she asked me to hand to that woman.

As my friend went in to pay for the gasoline, I was not at all surprised by what happened next. The woman crossed the street, handed the bread to a male companion, who then came up to me and angrily confronted me. He was angry that I had given the woman that “stupid” loaf of bread instead of giving her money.
These homeless panhandlers that you're condemning for not working at "labor ready", as you were. Were you homeless, sleeping out in the street? Did you have a vehicle to drive to the worksite or did you have to ride two busses to get there? Who took you to the worksite? Labor ready, at best, in most cities, maybe if you're lucky, you'll get about $60, after a hard day's work. The homeless don't have a fridge where they can store groceries, so whatever food they buy is usually already made and expensive. Have you ever slept outside on the street? I have, it's extremely stressful and the reason people use drugs and drink is to numb the pain of being out there. It makes it a bit more bearable.

If you've never been homeless, you don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Don’t tell me that you‘re a leftist Jew? Oye vey.

And who says I’m a wealthy retired woman who identifies with the rich? Just because I don’t expect them to give me some of their money, or paint them as evil?

No more kindala:

The goy-gravy train from the United States, ends here right now. According to you, America is heavily in debt, it would be fiscally irresponsible for us to take the necessary measures to eliminate homelessness in America. Who do these welfare recipients think they are, burdening other people with their problems? Right zeeskeit? Sending Israel, a country thousands of miles away, 3.8 billion dollars in yearly welfare checks, has to end now. All of these thousands of Ultra-Orthodox Satmar Jews in Williamsburg are on welfare, living off the goyim. The Lubalubalubavitchers aren't that different eitha. You Makhasheyfe,

giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
These homeless panhandlers that you're condemning for not working at "labor ready", as you were. Were you homeless, sleeping out in the street? Did you have a vehicle to drive to the worksite or did you have to ride two busses to get there? Who took you to the worksite? Labor ready, at best, in most cities, maybe if you're lucky, you'll get about $60, after a hard day's work. The homeless don't have a fridge where they can store groceries, so whatever food they buy is usually already made and expensive. Have you ever slept outside on the street? I have, it's extremely stressful and the reason people use drugs and drink is to numb the pain of being out there. It makes it a bit more bearable.

If you've never been homeless, you don't have a clue.

Many of the people with whom I worked at Labor Ready, in that time, were homeless. That was in 2004-2005, and Labor Ready (now People Ready) now works differently than it used to, probably not nearly so practical for homeless).

At that time, the way it worked was that you showed up in the morning, around 06:00 or so, signed in, and sat around waiting for an assignment. As assignments came in, groups of people were sent out to them. Many of the workers didn't have cars, but I did, which meant that I could be sent out with a group of up to four other workers that didn't have cars, who would ride to the job site and back with me in my car.

The only difference between the homeless panhandlers on which I looked own, and some of my Labor Ready colleagues, was the willingness to work. Any of them could have made as much money as I was making at the time, if they were willing to work as hard as I was willing to work.

Many of the people with whom I worked at Labor Ready, in that time, were homeless. That was in 2004-2005, and Labor Ready (now People Ready) now works differently than it used to, probably not nearly so practical for homeless).

At that time, the way it worked was that you showed up in the morning, around 06:00 or so, signed in, and sat around waiting for an assignment. As assignments came in, groups of people were sent out to them. Many of the workers didn't have cars, but I did, which meant that I could be sent out with a group of up to four other workers that didn't have cars, who would ride to the job site and back with me in my car.

The only difference between the homeless panhandlers on which I looked own, and some of my Labor Ready colleagues, was the willingness to work. Any of them could have made as much money as I was making at the time, if they were willing to work as hard as I was willing to work.

I used to take jobs at Labor Ready too when I was homeless. If I managed to get some sleep, and I wasn't too high or drunk. Sometimes I would coke up or smoke some meth to have some energy. I would sometimes have to ride a bus, even two buses to get to the worksite and sometimes there were people like you. Did you charge money for the trip? Some would charge me money. Labor ready isn't the solution to homelessness. How did I get out of that situation? I overdosed and died twice. They had me in the ICU, intubated, and hooked up to a bunch of machines.

The VA reps offered me a good deal..."We'll get you off of drugs, house you and help you get back on your feet young man". That's all I needed back then, someone that would care and help me stand up for myself. Leaving people out in the street is actually more expensive for society. My arrest record is literally fifty feet long. Petty stuff. I never robbed anyone or got charged with a felony. I was constantly being arrested for trespassing, loitering, urinating in public, shoplifting, a few fights with other drunks and methheads..etc. I would go to the emergency room at least four times monthly, about once a week.

I was a much more expensive burden on society homeless than I was when I was housed and received the assistance that I needed to get back on my feet. Now over 20 years later, I'm a union machinist, here in NYC. I operate and program CNC machines, for two major factories in the area, for a very good salary. I pay my taxes like everybody else, and I have a life. The VA TORCH program saved me. I take it personally when I hear people dehumanizing and demonizing the homeless. Anyone can become homeless, even you. It's easy to fall, you'd be surprised. All types of people are homeless.

Last edited:
No more kindala:

The goy-gravy train from the United States, ends here right now. According to you, America is heavily in debt, it would be fiscally irresponsible for us to take the necessary measures to eliminate homelessness in America. Who do these welfare recipients think they are, burdening other people with their problems? Right zeeskeit? Sending Israel, a country thousands of miles away, 3.8 billion dollars in yearly welfare checks, has to end now. All of these thousands of Ultra-Orthodox Satmar Jews in Williamsburg are on welfare, living off the goyim. The Lubalubalubavitchers aren't that different eitha. You Makhasheyfe,

You’re an obnoxious, anti-religion, Israel-hating liberal who likes to taunt Jews.

Forum List

Back