Beginning Of A Trend?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Gavin Newsome, the democrat Governor of California, is being recalled.

Andrew Cuomo, the democrat Governor of New York, is facing calls to resign because he's a sexual predator.

Who's the next Blue State Governor who's going to step in the shit?

It seems easier for Republican elected officials to maintain their popularity with the party's base by blocking action than by doing something productive about the crisis they face.

Perhaps that's a good way to win GOP primary elections. It's less certain, though, whether the broader electorate will reward ostentatious displays of anti-governance. Former President Donald Trump, after all, lost the White House largely because of his awful handling of the pandemic. And at least one recent poll shows DeSantis' standing is slipping with Florida voters.

It seems easier for Republican elected officials to maintain their popularity with the party's base by blocking action than by doing something productive about the crisis they face.

Perhaps that's a good way to win GOP primary elections. It's less certain, though, whether the broader electorate will reward ostentatious displays of anti-governance. Former President Donald Trump, after all, lost the White House largely because of his awful handling of the pandemic. And at least one recent poll shows DeSantis' standing is slipping with Florida voters.

We're not discussing DeSantis or Trump.

I know, in that idiotin' little mind of yours, you believe you need to discuss Trump in every post you make. But the truth of the matter is that Trump's not a Governor, so that wouldn't fit into the thread title, and DeSantis isn't being faced with removal from office, so he doesn't fit the thread title, either.

If you could approach your postings more intelligently in the future, to where your posts are actually relevant to the thread, that'd be swell, thanks...

We're not discussing DeSantis or Trump.

I know, in that idiotin' little mind of yours, you believe you need to discuss Trump in every post you make. But the truth of the matter is that Trump's not a Governor, so that wouldn't fit into the thread title, and DeSantis isn't being faced with removal from office, so he doesn't fit the thread title, either.

If you could approach your postings more intelligently in the future, to where your posts are actually relevant to the thread, that'd be swell, thanks...
You’re not the Boss of Me

Quick, make it something about a Republican!!! They're talking about democrats and we can't defend them!!!

Quick, make it something about a Republican!!! They're talking about democrats and we can't defend them!!!

It’s about Governors who are struggling.

Republicans too

Blocking Marxist action IS take positive action.

Then you didn't read the OP. I'll help you. It's about blue state governors who are struggling.
Sorry not playing your game
I will discuss ALL Governors

Cuomo is on his way out
DeSantis and Abbott are shooting themselves in the foot and giving their political opponents ammunition to use against them

Sorry not playing your game
I will discuss ALL Governors

Cuomo is on his way out
DeSantis and Abbott are shooting themselves in the foot and giving their political opponents ammunition to use against them
I do understand the democrat governors are indefensible.

It’s about Governors who are struggling.

Republicans too
It's not about Governors who are struggling. It's about Governors in blue states which are, apparently, on their way out.

This would be more fun if you were smarter...

So, where are we?

Coumo is a Dead Man Walking- He will not survive an impeachment. His own party has abandoned him

Gavin Newsome is 50/50 in a politically motivated recall.

DeSantis is dropping from a sure thing to damaged goods. Florida only leans Red, his inept handling of COVID will turn him into Trump

Abbott is another DeSantis as rampant COVID is undermined by his weak COVID measures. Pushing through voter rest will be used against him

Forum List

Back