Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Neither is biblical. Both come from Cyrus Scofield.
Hogwash. The general doctrine of human dominion over the Earth, howbeit, under God, is predicated on Genesis 1: 26-28:

And God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, 'Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.'​

“Fewer Americans today than five years ago believe in God, and the percentage is down even more from the 1950s and 1960s when almost all Americans did. Still, the vast majority of Americans believe in God, whether that means they believe a higher power hears prayers and can intervene or not. And while belief in God has declined in recent years, Gallup has documented steeper drops in church attendance, church membershipand confidence in organized religion, suggesting that the practice of religious faith may be changing more than basic faith in God.”
That's nice.

The Levites said it was an abomination. What did Jesus say exactly?
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You know what the Bible teaches about human sexuality from Genesis to Revelation. You are a liar. Repent, homofascist, or perish.

Hogwash. The general doctrine of human dominion over the Earth, howbeit, under God, is predicated on Genesis 1: 26-28:

And God said, 'Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, 'Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.'​

He wasn't talking about government.

Last edited:
Its a fact
It applies to all faiths not just Christians

Fewer believe than ten years ago
You asked me who/what created God?

God, by definition, is the eternally self-subsistent, transcendent, immutable, and timeless being of incomparable greatness Who created everything else that exists. God is not a creature. God is the Creator.

The Incontrovertible First Principle of Ontology:

1. Something does exist rather than nothing.​
2. Existence cannot arise from nonexistence.​
3. Hence, something or another has always existed.​

Your response to that:

You can’t insist that someone must have created everything and then assume your creator always existed.​

You drooling 'tard, I never asserted any such stupid thing—i.e., that everything had to be created—in the first place. I argued the very opposite of that. Stop trolling the thread and answer my question.

How can an infinite regress of causality/temporality be traversed to the present, i.e., how could the universe be the eternal existent?

You asked me who/what created God?

God, by definition, is the eternally self-subsistent, transcendent, immutable, and timeless being of incomparable greatness Who created everything else that exists. God is not a creature. God is the Creator.

The Incontrovertible First Principle of Ontology:

1. Something does exist rather than nothing.​
2. Existence cannot arise from nonexistence.​
3. Hence, something or another has always existed.​

Your response to that:

You can’t insist that someone must have created everything and then assume your creator always existed.​

You drooling 'tard, I never asserted any such stupid thing—i.e., that everything had to be created—in the first place. I argued the very opposite of that. Stop trolling the thread and answer my question.

How can an infinite regress of causality/temporality be traversed to the present, i.e., how could the universe be the eternal existent?
Imaginary time.

Welcome to 20 years ago.

And we have known how to sum infinite series for a long time.

Well, not you. You only know how to turn an infinite number of words into nothing.

That is a good reason to stop believing that woman was any kind of teacher, but not a good enough reason to stop believing in God. A good teacher would have taught the class a great lesson, and the story would then have made perfect sense. Belief in God would have remained in tact.
A religion whose beliefs are enforced by violence is nothing to believe in.
And Christianity, Islam, Judaism we are spread at the point of a spear, sword, gun.

Those caricatures of nuns with rulers is not made up, it is true.

What, about Noah's story, makes sense?
2 of every animal on a boat? Ridiculous.

Christianity like the other monotheistic cults suffers from knowing it is false and the threat that people will realize it. Because, if people stop believing the churches lose their power.
Behind the myths are some valuable teachings but refusing to believe the myths has, over the course of history been a good excuse for execution, torture, excommunication, and a number of punishments.

Why do these religions feel the need to punish doubters?
If the myths were true they could convince the doubters with proof.
But, no, doubters must be punished and made to see the "truth" through punishment.

I realized this when I was 8.
I tried various forms of Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, Islam.
They all behaved the same.
"Show no doubt."
"Ask no questions."
"Believe, OR ELSE!"

Forum List

Back