🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson did research on 17 week fetal tissue

There has been two state investigations into PP's dealings and neither one found anything legally wrong.
But some folks are basing their entire opinion on a heavily edited video put out by an anti-abortion group.
Tell me they aren't easily manipulated.

The unedited videos are available on Youtube. More videos to come.

The video's discuss the necessary but disconcerting mechanics of tissue donation. It's not very pretty. Ask any doctor about the unholy looking things they do to cadavers in their first year gross anatomy class. It is all necessary and good but it is uncomfortable for the uninvolved.

There is not a sizable portion of the american public that is in favor of protecting Cadavers. And again, you are not answering the main accusations the videos make, i.e. making money off fetus parts, and modifications to the abortion procedure to make harvesting easier, both which are against federal law. Plus you now have the accusations of fetal parts being used without the woman's permission, also a violation of law.

There are no federal laws out there about 1st year med students Ginsu-ing donated cadavers.

The video is only making the accusation in a very dishonest way. It presents no proof of any wrong doing, other than the dishonesty of the film maker. You have yet to show any proof of anything. Just a continuous stream of wild accusations. There is a very long list of laws as well as an even longer list of ethical rules concerning the respectful treatment of cadavers. The list of things you know nothing about, yet comment on anyway is getting bigger.
All the crazy right wingers have to do is show that PP is doing something illegal and different than every other medical facility in the country that participates in tissue donation.

Why can't they do that?

Another dodge.

Please be aware that when it comes to abortion, I would not vote for a ban on abortions before 20 weeks or so. My opposition is to Roe V Wade as terrible case law, and to non-therapeutic abortions being paid for with government funds. I also have issues with minors being able to get them without at least parental notification.

That being said my main issue with PP and their supporters is their inability to actually answer the accusations. Instead they attack the messenger, and try to strawman the debate by going off topic, and overall dodging.

Don't care why you oppose Planned Parenthood. All I care about is the dishonorable tactics you are using. Be honest, and we can discuss where we disagree. Continue with dishonorable right wing lies and accusations, and you're just another crazy teabagger.

What dishonorable tactics? Are you calling undercover journalism dishonorable all the time? Or just when it is used against something you agree with/support?

Implying something is other than it actually is, is dishonorable.

So basically cops should not do undercover stings, and no journalist should do undercover exposes? And again, the videos make the accusations, and to me they appear to have some merit. Its the PP people's OWN WORDS being used against them.

And all PP and your side does is attack the packaging, and not the contents.

The purpose of a cop sting is to gather evidence. The purpose of that PP video is to manufacture an opinion not backed by any proof of anything.

Be careful RW'ERS you're about to back yourself into a corner where your only outrage left will be toward abortion itself.

The unedited videos are available on Youtube. More videos to come.

The video's discuss the necessary but disconcerting mechanics of tissue donation. It's not very pretty. Ask any doctor about the unholy looking things they do to cadavers in their first year gross anatomy class. It is all necessary and good but it is uncomfortable for the uninvolved.

There is not a sizable portion of the american public that is in favor of protecting Cadavers. And again, you are not answering the main accusations the videos make, i.e. making money off fetus parts, and modifications to the abortion procedure to make harvesting easier, both which are against federal law. Plus you now have the accusations of fetal parts being used without the woman's permission, also a violation of law.

There are no federal laws out there about 1st year med students Ginsu-ing donated cadavers.

The video is only making the accusation in a very dishonest way. It presents no proof of any wrong doing, other than the dishonesty of the film maker. You have yet to show any proof of anything. Just a continuous stream of wild accusations. There is a very long list of laws as well as an even longer list of ethical rules concerning the respectful treatment of cadavers. The list of things you know nothing about, yet comment on anyway is getting bigger.
Another dodge.

Please be aware that when it comes to abortion, I would not vote for a ban on abortions before 20 weeks or so. My opposition is to Roe V Wade as terrible case law, and to non-therapeutic abortions being paid for with government funds. I also have issues with minors being able to get them without at least parental notification.

That being said my main issue with PP and their supporters is their inability to actually answer the accusations. Instead they attack the messenger, and try to strawman the debate by going off topic, and overall dodging.

Don't care why you oppose Planned Parenthood. All I care about is the dishonorable tactics you are using. Be honest, and we can discuss where we disagree. Continue with dishonorable right wing lies and accusations, and you're just another crazy teabagger.

What dishonorable tactics? Are you calling undercover journalism dishonorable all the time? Or just when it is used against something you agree with/support?

So basically cops should not do undercover stings, and no journalist should do undercover exposes? And again, the videos make the accusations, and to me they appear to have some merit. Its the PP people's OWN WORDS being used against them.

The purpose of a cop sting is to gather evidence. The purpose of that PP video is to manufacture an opinion not backed by any proof of anything.

So again, you are 100% against investigative journalism? Even when used to expose things you WANT exposed? So that 47% leak of Romney was wrong then, right?

The Video recorded people using their own words, thinking they were dealing with people wanting to get their hands on fetal tissue. Money was discussed, procedure was discussed, and in one video, consent or lack thereof was discussed. It's all there on video.

So again, you are 100% against investigative journalism? Even when used to expose things you WANT exposed? So that 47% leak of Romney was wrong then, right?

The Video recorded people using their own words, thinking they were dealing with people wanting to get their hands on fetal tissue. Money was discussed, procedure was discussed, and in one video, consent or lack thereof was discussed. It's all there on video.

The Romney video was nothing more than recording what Romney said. The PP video was manipulating the conversation to make it sound a specific way. No where near the same.

The Romney video was nothing more than recording what Romney said. The PP video was manipulating the conversation to make it sound a specific way. No where near the same.

The mental exercises you are trying to do to somehow not have to consider and counter what is in the videos is almost comical. These Videos also did nothing but record what the PP people were saying, and by the way they responded, it seems they have heard these questions before. That they were misled does not discredit in any way what they said. The people were pretending to be people interested in tissue samples. by the way the conversations went, this seems to be something that has happened before.

The mental exercises you are trying to do to somehow not have to consider and counter what is in the videos is almost comical. These Videos also did nothing but record what the PP people were saying, and by the way they responded, it seems they have heard these questions before. That they were misled does not discredit in any way what they said. The people were pretending to be people interested in tissue samples. by the way the conversations went, this seems to be something that has happened before.

I'm sure tissue samples have been discussed many times before. Exactly which part showed non adherence to any law?

While opining on the uselessness of fetal tissue research to Megyn Kelly Dr. Carson neglected to mention his own paper Colloid Cysts of the Third Ventricle: Immunohistochemical evidence for nonneuropithelial differentiation published in Hum Pathol 23:811-816 in 1992. The materials and methods describe using “human choroid plexus ependyma and nasal mucosa from two fetuses aborted in the ninth and 17th week of gestation.”

Yes, Dr. Ben Carson has done research on fetal tissue and published his findings. His name is on the paper so that means he had a substantive role in the research and supports the methods and findings.

How does one explain this given Carson’s stand on fetal tissue research?

Perhaps Dr. Carson feels that only his work delivered the goods and all other researchers have produced inconsequential work, an Ebola vaccine clearly not of merit by Carson’s logic.

Could he think his own research was useless? However, if it was non contributory to the field why was it published?

More: Ben Carson did research on 17 week fetal tissue - Dr. Jen Gunter

Did Carson forget about his research on fetal tissue?
I think being a liar is one of the requirements of being a conservative.

While opining on the uselessness of fetal tissue research to Megyn Kelly Dr. Carson neglected to mention his own paper Colloid Cysts of the Third Ventricle: Immunohistochemical evidence for nonneuropithelial differentiation published in Hum Pathol 23:811-816 in 1992. The materials and methods describe using “human choroid plexus ependyma and nasal mucosa from two fetuses aborted in the ninth and 17th week of gestation.”

Yes, Dr. Ben Carson has done research on fetal tissue and published his findings. His name is on the paper so that means he had a substantive role in the research and supports the methods and findings.

How does one explain this given Carson’s stand on fetal tissue research?

Perhaps Dr. Carson feels that only his work delivered the goods and all other researchers have produced inconsequential work, an Ebola vaccine clearly not of merit by Carson’s logic.

Could he think his own research was useless? However, if it was non contributory to the field why was it published?

More: Ben Carson did research on 17 week fetal tissue - Dr. Jen Gunter

Did Carson forget about his research on fetal tissue?
I think being a liar is one of the requirements of being a conservative.
No just believing them.

Based on all the crazy threads we get here @ USMB that are based on ideological opinionated talking points, it must be acceptable to use everything and anything to form an opinion.
Opinions are facts to some people no matter how the opinion is derived. It's quite clear that an opinionated video out weighs actual investigations by unbiased resources (2 States and fact check.org).
Amazing, simply amazing.

There is nothing wrong using tissue from miscarriages. It's not. Like selling baby parts so you can buy a Lamborghini.
Gee Lakhota thinks miscarriages are funny and is happy a PP executive got a Lamborghini from selling parts of murdered babies.

I wonder how many miscarriages of Indian babies are going to happen due to Toxic poisons that the Obama's EPA jumped into the river and is flowing to Navajo country?

Would any of you whiners be bitching if the parts were free.?
What I'm getting from all your noise Is bitching about profits , techniques and jackshit about your objection to the thing itself.

There is nothing wrong using tissue from miscarriages. It's not. Like selling baby parts so you can buy a Lamborghini.
Gee Lakhota thinks miscarriages are funny and is happy a PP executive got a Lamborghini from selling parts of murdered babies.

I wonder how many miscarriages of Indian babies are going to happen due to Toxic poisons that the Obama's EPA jumped into the river and is flowing to Navajo country?
Lakota doesn't care, because Lakota isn't Indian. He's a fake Indian. He could give a shit.

Forum List

Back