Ben Carson, Huckster, Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know I guess most doctors do not call you "cured" until FIVE YEARS pass.

Then why did he remove his prostate if he was cured?
Its called preventive. You may recall some women who had breasts removed before they were diod. Name escapes me at the moment.

Yes, but not after they said they were cured by a nutritional supplement. Angelina Jolie, Christina Applegate, Cathy Bates, Nancy Reagan.......
So does it matter he took a post cure preventive measure?
That makes sense to me.

Ben Carson is going to bury himself over this issue and it would be better if he just spoke the truth and got it over with. He didn't talk about the nutrient for years after his surgery and that's because the company filled his pockets with money.
YOU missed a key word in his statement that being "SYMPTOMS" whole different word then PROVEN when it comes to cancer. So NOW you are claiming he said something about an issue that you are NOT quoting.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

Moderator Carl Quintanilla asked:

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon, replied:

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

The National Review points out:

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

We rate Carson’s claim False.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf

You defend Hillary Clinton's lies, but attack Carson. It's because he's black, you racist pig.

Weeeeeee, more claims of racism.

They'd throw rocks if they could.

They'd have to slouch out of their Lazy-boy and crawl out of the basement first.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf
Your point?...Genius...Nobody cares. And nobody cares about your intent to smear.....It won't work....You lose

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Your point?...Genius...Nobody cares. And nobody cares about your intent to smear.....It won't work....You lose

It was a pivotal point in the debate. One of those many moments where the candidates attacked the media and Carson received huge applause. Turns out, he was lying.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Unfortunately, Ben Carson smeared himself, no one on the left needs to pick up a finger on this one.

Then why did he remove his prostate if he was cured?
Its called preventive. You may recall some women who had breasts removed before they were diod. Name escapes me at the moment.

Yes, but not after they said they were cured by a nutritional supplement. Angelina Jolie, Christina Applegate, Cathy Bates, Nancy Reagan.......
So does it matter he took a post cure preventive measure?
That makes sense to me.

Ben Carson is going to bury himself over this issue and it would be better if he just spoke the truth and got it over with. He didn't talk about the nutrient for years after his surgery and that's because the company filled his pockets with money.
YOU missed a key word in his statement that being "SYMPTOMS" whole different word then PROVEN when it comes to cancer. So NOW you are claiming he said something about an issue that you are NOT quoting.

Doesn't make a bit of difference. The same company was sued by Greg Abbott in Texas for Six Million. Eventually Mannatech paid out $4 million with a promise to never claim their product cures any disease.

Who would trust Ben Carson's advice on medication to cure disease?

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

It's really good to see he scares you...

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

It's really good to see he scares you...

He should scare you.

You're trying to attack Benson because he endorsed a health supplement?

Every doctor is doing the same thing.

Nobody cares.

Wow ANOTHER attack the Negro post from the left. Who would have guessed right? A WORLD famous brain surgeon VS a political fact check site on a medical question.

A site that knows NOTHING about medicine VS a doctor? When it comes to medicine and health I get mine from a doctor NOT a political site.

Aha ha, attack the negro. How about attack the liar? he should lose his medical license for this kind of crap.
All together now...

... this thread is... RACIST!

Oh yeah... it's just so much fun throwing leftards BS back at them.

After this, I won't trust anything he has to say, this makes him completely untrustworthy.

I don't remember who or when but somebody on this board mentioned Ben Carson as a great choice for surgeon general.

I wonder how many lives would be ruined if the Surgeon General of the United States pushed a health food supplement from a company that was convicted of pushing false claims?

You're trying to attack Benson because he endorsed a health supplement?

Every doctor is doing the same thing.

Nobody cares.

Except in the context that this was Carson's moment to shame the media for telling lies and it turns out he was the one lying.

After this, I won't trust anything he has to say, this makes him completely untrustworthy.

I don't remember who or when but somebody on this board mentioned Ben Carson as a great choice for surgeon general.

I wonder how many lives would be ruined if the Surgeon General of the United States pushed a health food supplement from a company that was convicted of pushing false claims?

In GNC we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back