Ben Carson, Huckster, Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
op and libs talking about honesty? lmao.

English, mother-fucker.

My doctor is a great doctor who has vast medical knowledge that I could never hope to acheive.

But he has a giant poster on his wall advertising a "health supplement" that will cure just about anything.

Some supplements, in tandem with pharmaceuticals, can bolster immunity and help with healing. Any that purport to "cure cancer" are bogus.

And really, even a sugar pill will cure you if you believe it will cure you. It's called the placebo effect.

The placebo effect is most noticeable in antidepressants, anti-anxiolytics, and pain meds.

No placebo will cure cancer.

And any M.D. - particular a neurosurgeon who is not an oncologist - who claims otherwise has just enough knowledge to be held accountable for his mendacity. A layman can get away with "I didn't know." An M.D. can't. And an M.D. who earns revenue from selling products with bogus medical claims should be liable for malpractice.
^^^^
THIS

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

Moderator Carl Quintanilla asked:

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon, replied:

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

The National Review points out:

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

We rate Carson’s claim False.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf

You defend Hillary Clinton's lies, but attack Carson. It's because he's black, you racist pig.

Weeeeeee, more claims of racism.

It's not a claim. When these racist pigs ignore Hillary and condemn Carson, it's got to be because they're attacking him only because he's black.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf

You defend Hillary Clinton's lies, but attack Carson. It's because he's black, you racist pig.

They'd throw rocks if they could.

Another racist trying to deflect. Pitiful.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

You're just another common Rebubbaklan.

And you're just another racist who's willing to ignore the lies of a white person to condemn a black one.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

It's not a claim. When these racist pigs ignore Hillary and condemn Carson, it's got to be because they're attacking him only because he's black.

Maybe it's because you were hit in the head with a shovel. Who knows?

Lol! Liberals concerned about politicians lying. Why is lying an issue? It wasn't an issue when Obama did it, it isn't an issue when Hillary doses it.

Why the concern over Carson lying? Does his skin color have something to do with it? :dunno:

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

The condition of my head has nothing to do with you being a racist. Perhaps instead of trying to analyze me, you should reform your sick racist views.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

The condition of my head has nothing to do with you being a racist. Perhaps instead of trying to analyze me, you should reform your sick racist views.

Oh, the guy calling everyone a racist doesn't like it when he is the one being analyzed. My only question to you is how big was that shovel?

Oh, the guy calling everyone a racist doesn't like it when he is the one being analyzed. My only question to you is how big was that shovel?

I do not call everyone a racist. I call people who exhibit their prejudices racist. Therefore, I'm calling YOU a racist, you mouth breathing klan wannabe.

I do not call everyone a racist. I call people who exhibit their prejudices racist. Therefore, I'm calling YOU a racist, you mouth breathing klan wannabe.

Was it a digging shovel? A trench shovel? Maybe a scoop shovel? Check the dent in your head and get back to me.

Was it a digging shovel? A trench shovel? Maybe a scoop shovel? Check the dent in your head and get back to me.

Trying personal insults to deflect your racism...interesting.

Oh, it must have been raining shovels. Claiming someone is a racist based off of thin air is a classic example of deflection. It's too bad you guys use your heads to deflect all those shovels, otherwise you would know this.

Oh, it must have been raining shovels. Claiming someone is a racist based off of thin air is a classic example of deflection. It's too bad you guys use your heads to deflect all those shovels, otherwise you would know this.

OH, you lying racist. Your ilk condemns Carson and defends Clinton. The difference is that he's black and she's white. You can deny it all you want but the truth is evident. Go wash your sheets.

OH, you lying racist. Your ilk condemns Carson and defends Clinton. The difference is that he's black and she's white. You can deny it all you want but the truth is evident. Go wash your sheets.

My ilk also condems Trump, Bush, Rubio, Christie, Paul and Fiorina. There are threads about all of them. Carson right now, considering his standing in the polls is probably going to get a little more attention than most. So, this thread isn't about racism, there hasn't been one mention of race and I don't know anyone who is blaming Carson for anything based on his race, it's irrelevant.

Maybe you could speak to the lie that Carson told and then in a separate thread go to town on Clinton.

In the meantime, stay away from the shovel aisle at Home Depot, I don't know how many more direct hits your dented little noggins can take.

Already answered. You're an idiot. Maybe Carson has a pill you can take for that.

Just using the liberal logic that was presented to me since 2007. If you have an issue with it, call out your liberal buds.

My ilk also condems Trump, Bush, Rubio, Christie, Paul and Fiorina. There are threads about all of them. Carson right now, considering his standing in the polls is probably going to get a little more attention than most. So, this thread isn't about racism, there hasn't been one mention of race and I don't know anyone who is blaming Carson for anything based on his race, it's irrelevant.

Maybe you could speak to the lie that Carson told and then in a separate thread go to town on Clinton.

In the meantime, stay away from the shovel aisle at Home Depot, I don't know how many more direct hits your dented little noggins can take.

No doubt you want me to stop pointing out your racist double standard, but as long as you racists focus on keeping the black guy down while ignoring the lies of the white person, I'll keep pointing out your racist ways.

Now, go bleach your sheets.

Already answered. You're an idiot. Maybe Carson has a pill you can take for that.

You're a racist pig and there's no pill to cure that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back