Ben Carson Likens Islamic State To American Patriots

Rut-roh! Fox news already going after Ben Carson... guess someone upstairs doesn't like him so much....

Presidential prospect Ben Carson makes questionable comparison Fox News

Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson compared the Islamic State terrorist group to American patriots willing to die for freedom.

Carson praised Americans who are willing to die for their beliefs at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting outside San Diego Thursday.

Carson then mentions ISIS.

"They got the wrong philosophy, but they're willing to die for what they believe, while we are busily giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness," he said as Republican officials from across the country interrupted him with applause. "We have to change that."

Commonly known as ISIS, the Islamic State group has been responsible for hundreds of deaths across the Middle East in recent months. Islamic State militants claimed responsibility for recent beheadings of Western journalists and aid workers. One of the suspects in the recent Paris terror attacks claimed allegiance to the Islamic State group.

Carson defended his comments saying it is "ridiculous" to say he was comparing American patriots to the Islamic State.

So, who told FOX to pull the plug on Carson?

So should Fox ignore the story the way NBC and others are ignoring stories like Obama releasing terrorists from GITMO into Arab society?

I didn't even see a quote discussing it, so who knows what he really said.

Uhh, I quoted material in the OP.

Here is a quote again:

"They got the wrong philosophy, but they're willing to die for what they believe, while we are busily giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness,"

The point Ben made was they were dedicated to their core beliefs, I think that's valid. He should have said that American Progressives are equally as dedicated and for the exact same wrong reasons

Oh, I agree with you that this is what Ben Carson intended.

So, why is FOX making a bruhahaha about it? Why the headline that will cast doubt upon him? Why?

Hmmmmmmmm..................................

I have no idea. I don't watch the news, I don't listen to talk radio.

Hmmmmmmm, is it warm under your rock, at least??

:lol:

Rut-roh! Fox news already going after Ben Carson... guess someone upstairs doesn't like him so much....

Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson compared the Islamic State terrorist group to American patriots willing to die for freedom.

Carson praised Americans who are willing to die for their beliefs at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting outside San Diego Thursday.

"They got the wrong philosophy, but they're willing to die for what they believe, while we are busily giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness," he said as Republican officials from across the country interrupted him with applause. "We have to change that."

Commonly known as ISIS, the Islamic State group has been responsible for hundreds of deaths across the Middle East in recent months. Islamic State militants claimed responsibility for recent beheadings of Western journalists and aid workers. One of the suspects in the recent Paris terror attacks claimed allegiance to the Islamic State group.

Carson defended his comments saying it is "ridiculous" to say he was comparing American patriots to the Islamic State.

So should Fox ignore the story the way NBC and others are ignoring stories like Obama releasing terrorists from GITMO into Arab society?

Here is a quote again:

"They got the wrong philosophy, but they're willing to die for what they believe, while we are busily giving away every belief and every value for the sake of political correctness,"
The quote doesn't mention ISIS.

Here is a quote again:

I see you are getting the point. However, surely there is video. ...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

A) Where in the Fox story was there any mention of "pulling the plug" or otherwise letting Carson go as a contributor?
B) So where were the other networks in covering Carson's dubious statement? Is it because Fox is truly committed to "Fair and Balanced" while the other networks
are oblivious to how it is to present the "news" without any bias.

When you are into political life and publicity, be aware of what you say because anything you say can and will be used against you.
At the same time, I am more than agree: regardless what any fanatic believe he is dangerous for the society.

Carson said the enemy has their "values" and is willing to die for them. He then said we are dismissing our values by giving in to left wing political cowardice. Valid point. Fox was wrong. Needed a "breaking news" headline.

Here is a quote again:

They showed a snippet of it, but I don't remember a tie into ISIS. The full context is lost without seeing it in it's entirety.

Like I've said many times before.....Fox reports the news. They don't censor big stories to protect their ideology like other news outlets regularly do.

Carson said the enemy has their "values" and is willing to die for them. He then said we are dismissing our values by giving in to left wing political cowardice. Valid point. Fox was wrong. Needed a "breaking news" headline.
"Fox was wrong"

:D

Here is a quote again:

They showed a snippet of it, but I don't remember a tie into ISIS. The full context is lost without seeing it in it's entirety.

Like I've said many times before.....Fox reports the news. They don't censor big stories to protect their ideology like other news outlets regularly do.
:rofl:

Uhm, ok. ...

I think Carson is referring to passion for a cause and the willingness to give up your life for that cause

Here is a quote again:

Uhm, ok. ...

You have to admit, journalists are still mostly liberal. Even if they work for Fox, their core values continue to ooze out of their pores and leak into their stories.

Here is a quote again:

Uhm, ok. ...

You have to admit, journalists are still mostly liberal. Even if they work for Fox, their core values continue to ooze out of their pores and leak into their stories.
Really?

I think Carson is referring to passion for a cause and the willingness to give up your life for that cause
Yepp. But Fox found that controversial. ...

Depends on your perspective. Still, we haven't seen the full story, so it takes a giant leap to draw the conclusion that he's actually saying ISIS is like patriots in our history.

Usually I agree with what Ben Carson says, but sometimes even the best orators says something that could be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

GOP candidates are better off not speaking at all, because it makes it harder for the press to cut them off at the knees.

Depends on your perspective. Still, we haven't seen the full story, so it takes a giant leap to draw the conclusion that he's actually saying ISIS is like patriots in our history.

Usually I agree with what Ben Carson says, but sometimes even the best orators says something that could be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

GOP candidates are better off not speaking at all, because it makes it harder for the press to cut them off at the knees.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. So, why did Fox do this?

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. So, why did Fox do this?

Because they report the news, not censor it.

Forum List

Back