Ben Carson refers to himself as a "scientist".

[
---
Al Gore:
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth"

Vint Cerf (a "father" of the Internet):
"Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the Internet and to promote and support its development" ... "No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution [to the Internet] over a longer period of time":

You are arguing a point not in contention, Holmes.

Ed disputed that he said he created it, I didn't dispute that he used the word "initiative" somewhere in his sentence.

You people are so stupid, we can't get past your inability to read simple sentences much less discuss actual content
---
So, you admit you take words out of context and twist the overall meaning to suit your slimy political agenda?
Gee, what an asshole you are.
Did you read what Vint Cerf said?

Spot on description of Kaz.

Another leftist joins the circle jerk. The point is simple, Gore said he created the Internet, the rest is you people spewing a bunch of ridiculous crap
No he didn't. He said he TOOK THE INITIATIVE IN CONGRESS.

in CREATING the internet

Ed disputed that he said he created it, I didn't dispute that he used the word "initiative" somewhere in his sentence.
But you dishonestly EXCLUDED it when you quoted him, completely changing the meaning of what Gore was talking about!!!
He did say he "create(d) the internet." I don't see a difference between that and inventing it

But you dishonestly EXCLUDED it when you quoted him, completely changing the meaning of what Gore was talking about!!!
He did say he "create(d) the internet." I don't see a difference between that and inventing it

I challenged you when you said he didn't say he created it, Holmes. I never challenged the part you're obsessed with that he said it while in congress or that it was an initiative. that's pure deflection on your part

No, he said that IN CONGRESS he TOOK THE INITIATIVE in creating the internet.
---
Al Gore:
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth"

"Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the Internet and to promote and support its development" ... "No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution [to the Internet] over a longer period of time":

You people are so stupid, we can't get past your inability to read simple sentences much less discuss actual content
---
So, you admit you take words out of context and twist the overall meaning to suit your slimy political agenda?

Another leftist joins the circle jerk. The point is simple, Gore said he created the Internet, the rest is you people spewing a bunch of ridiculous crap

Define "leftist" or shut the fuck up. You have no idea what the term leftist means in the 21st Century, nor the difference between left and right historically.

You use words as pejoratives with no effort to be honest or correct, it's why I believe you're a lazy fool - something I'm not alone in believing.

A cautionary tale for politicians: Al Gore and the ‘invention’ of the Internet

and,

Internet of Lies

and,

Al Gore and information technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So continue to post the meme, and while you're at it defend Carson and everything about the man that has come out, and will come out now that the media has the smell of blood.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in CREATING the Internet.”
:asshole:
:9:
And if you foreigners would learn English and assimilate you would know that in that sentence he says HE TOOK THE INITIATIVE, took the initiative is what he DID, Initiative is the direct object the verb took, the action word in the sentence. "Creating" is a gerund, a noun made from a verb, it is not a verb the action word of the sentence, it functions as a noun, the indirect object of the sentence.

Grammar Bytes! :: The Gerund
Gerunds function as nouns. Thus, gerunds will be subjects, subject complements, direct objects, indirect objects, and objects of prepositions.

---
Al Gore:

---

Define "leftist" or shut the fuck up. You have no idea what the term leftist means in the 21st Century, nor the difference between left and right historically.

You use words as pejoratives with no effort to be honest or correct, it's why I believe you're a lazy fool - something I'm not alone in believing.

A cautionary tale for politicians: Al Gore and the ‘invention’ of the Internet

and,

Internet of Lies

and,

Al Gore and information technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So continue to post the meme, and while you're at it defend Carson and everything about the man that has come out, and will come out now that the media has the smell of blood.

Simple question, how do you feel you are not a leftist?

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in CREATING the Internet.”
:asshole:
:9:
And if you foreigners would learn English and assimilate you would know that in that sentence he says HE TOOK THE INITIATIVE, took the initiative is what he DID, Initiative is the direct object the verb took, the action word in the sentence. "Creating" is a gerund, a noun made from a verb, it is not a verb the action word of the sentence, it functions as a noun, the indirect object of the sentence.

Grammar Bytes! :: The Gerund
Gerunds function as nouns. Thus, gerunds will be subjects, subject complements, direct objects, indirect objects, and objects of prepositions.

Listen, you stupid fucking moron, I am not disputing he said it was while he was in congress and I am not disputing he said he took the "initiative."

I am disputing your statement when you said he did not create the internet. How stupid are you, you piece of shit leftist

Al Gore:
And there is exactly how you changed the context of the quote, you changed "creating" which is a noun, specifically a gerund, to a verb "create(d)."

---
Al Gore:

---

Strawman, moron
---
You don't know what a straw man fallacy is, "moron".
In case you have not noticed, i cited quotes from the horses' mouths to provide context for accurate understanding of their meaning.
However, you don't care about that; you only care about cherry picking words out of context to twist their meaning.
Talk about "strawman" ... LOL.

Again, your reading skills are dreadful. that isn't what I said, I said the ridiculous crap you made up and attributed to me was a strawman.

Here's how you know that's what I meant, it's what you said in the post I responded to.

If the dog was on the table licking your plate, you wouldn't be able to figure out what happened to your dinner...
---
So, you admit you did not read what Cerf said? If you did, you surely did not understand the overall CONTEXT of Gore's statement, or most likely, you are playing political cherry-picking games, which reflects lame debators.

A moron does not understand the difference between taking an initiative to create something versus actually creating something.
And the guy (Cerf) who is the father/creator of the Internet agrees with that!

Looks like your reading skills are sorely lacking ... and your objectivity.

Al Gore:
And there is exactly how you changed the context of the quote, you changed "creating" which is a noun, specifically a gerund, to a verb "create(d)."

so your isue is he used "creating" instead of "created?"

OMG, I can't make up the stupid that you people are. I actually make fun of liberals all the time that you don't understand using different forms of the same word. Yet you actually prove it's actually true

---

Strawman, moron
---
In case you have not noticed, i cited quotes from the horses' mouths to provide context for accurate understanding of their meaning.
However, you don't care about that; you only care about cherry picking words out of context to twist their meaning.

Again, your reading skills are dreadful. that isn't what I said, I said the ridiculous crap you made up and attributed to me was a strawman.

Here's how you know that's what I meant, it's what you said in the post I responded to.

If the dog was on the table licking your plate, you wouldn't be able to figure out what happened to your dinner...
---
So, you admit you did not read what Cerf said? If you did, you surely did not understand the overall CONTEXT of Gore's statement, or most likely, you are playing political cherry-picking games, which reflects lame debators.

A moron does not understand the difference between taking an initiative to create something versus actually creating something.

strawman

I'm not even reading your points when you start by saying I said something I clearly did not say

---

Strawman, moron
---

---

strawman

I'm not even reading your points when you start by saying I said something I clearly did not say
---
Why don't you take your stupid argument to another thread and stop wasting space on this thread's topic:

Ben Carson refers to himself as a "scientist".

Ben Carson is a scientist with a specialty.
It does not mean he's spent time studying other specialties in depth.

Al Gore:

OMG, I can't make up the stupid that you people are. I actually make fun of liberals all the time that you don't understand using different forms of the same word. Yet you actually prove it's actually true
The issue is you have to change a noun to a verb to get Gore to do the act of creation. That is completely dishonest, but typically CON$ervative.

I was just watching a press conference with Ben Carson. He said he's a scientist and "investigates" things.

He thinks pyramids are grain silos. He feels evolution is a Satanic conspiracy and climate change a scam.

If that's the result of his "research", can he really call himself a "scientist"?
laugh3.gif
CrusaderFrank

You know he's a genuine MD, right who unlike Obama actually went to class. Obama is the only person to go to law school without ever learning about Judicial review, can you imagine had Carson said we've never done open heart surgery? People would look at like like, "what did you do in Med School?"

You have a guy in the WH who barely has a 3 digit IQ and the only time he was actually at Harvard was for the class picture

Al Gore:

The issue is you have to change a noun to a verb to get Gore to do the act of creation. That is completely dishonest, but typically CON$ervative.

Yeah Gore is saying he created the Internet, not that he created the Internet

Al Gore:

Thats kaz for you

Actually the courses are watered down as proven by the fact that they are worth less credits. The freshman general chemistry a biology student might take is worth 3 credits where as the general chemistry class a chemistry major takes is worth 4 credits and generally has more no credit lab hours. A freshman physics 101 course taken by a pre med student would be 4 credits and a physics 101 course taken by a physics major would be 5 credits and more lab hours.

:link:

Better yet, I'll do it for you.

UMBC pre-med
http://www.umbc.edu/premed/pdfs/UMBCPreMedRequirements.pdf
Chem 101
Chem 102
Chem 102 Lab
Chem 351
Chem 351 Lab
Chem 352
Chem 352 Lab

B.S. in Chemistry - Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry - UMBC
CHEM 101: Principles of Chemistry I
CHEM 102: Principles of Chemistry II
CHEM 102L: Introductory Chemistry Lab
CHEM 351: Organic Chemistry I
CHEM 352: Organic Chemistry II
CHEM 351L: Organic Laboratory I
CHEM 352L: Organic Laboratory II

Oh gee, look at that! They're the exact same classes. You'll also notice that the pre-med students have the either/or option in their physics requirements for lab classes, or calculus based classes.
I'll do it myself

Sample 4-Year Plan for Pre-Medicine Majors | Neuroscience Major

Sample 4-Year Plan for Pre-Medicine Majors

Sophomore Year Fall

• Chem 2510 & 2540*
  • Physics 1200*
  • Psych 3513
Sophomore Year Spring
  • Neuro 3050
  • Chemistry 2520 & 2550*
  • Physics 1201*
* Denotes pre-med courses

Physics 1200

Algebra-based introduction to classical physics: Newtons laws, fluids, waves.
Physics 1201

Algebra-based introduction to electricity and magnetism, simple optics, overview of modern physics including special relativity and quantum mechanics.

Per your link:

Below is an example of a 4-year plan for a pre-medicine neuroscience major based on requirements for admission to the OSU College of Medicine.

Forum List

Back