🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson refers to slaves as "immigrants"

...Unlike the White UK prisoners shipped off to Australia wit their humanity intact...
Disagreed for reasons the linked article detailed:

"...The convicts were chained beneath the deck during the entire hellish six-month voyage. The first voyage claimed the lives of nearly 10 percent of the prisoners, which remarkably proved to be a rather good rate. On later trips, up to a third of the unwilling passengers died on the way. These were not hardened criminals by any measure; only a small minority were transported for violent offenses. Among the first group was a 70-year-old woman who had stolen cheese to eat.

Although not confined behind bars, most convicts in Australia had an extremely tough life. The guards who volunteered for duty in Australia seemed to be driven by exceptional sadism. Even small violations of the rules could result in a punishment of 100 lashes by the cat o’nine tails. It was said that blood was usually drawn after five lashes and convicts ended up walking home in boots filled with their own blood–that is, if they were able to walk at all.

Convicts who attempted to escape were sent to tiny Norfolk Island, 600 miles east of Australia, where the conditions were even more inhumane. The only hope of escape from the horror of Norfolk Island was a “game” in which groups of three prisoners drew straws. The short straw was killed as painlessly as possible and a judge was then shipped in to put the other two on trial, one playing the role of killer, the other as witness."

No dummy the first slave owner was a white guy that owned Punch. Virginia is in America retard. America is a country not a state.
Meet Anthony Johnson, first slave owner in America.
View attachment 116122

Weatherman
Educating the left since 1978
You are under educated yourself so please stop spreading misinformation from your auxiliary universe.. Hugh Gwyn is the first official slave owner in the US and I have more than a picture and my opinion as proof.

Was the First Slave Owner in America a Black Man?
We don't need your lame attempts to rewrite history. First slave owner in America was a black man.
Even leftard UC Berzerkly acknowledges the fact he was.

History of Slavery
I know you arent very bright but in your own link it shows the timelline.

• 1640 Virginia Courts. In 1640, the Virginia courts had sentenced one of the first black indentured servants to slavery.
The other guy wasnt a slave until

John Casor. In 1654, John Casor became the first legal slave in America.

Look even a retarded clown like you knows 1640 is before 1654......dont you?

BTW thats not UC Berkeley. Thats someone with a page on a UC Berkeley server. The best hint is this little contradictory phrase in addition to the one I already posted.

"indentured slaves did not only consist of Africans, but a large majority of them were Irish, Scottish, English, and Germans, who were brought over from Europe and were paying their debt for the passage over sea."
In 1654, John Casor became the first legal slave in America.
John Casor was owned by Anthony Johnson. A black man.
Your quote, not mine.
After Hugh Gwyn owned John Punch. Your link, not mine.

Like I said before, I know you are not very bright but no matter how much you want to double down on your stupidity you will never convince me 1654 is before 1640. :laugh:

Calling slaves "immigrants" is a euphemism. There's a difference between those who chose to come here and those who were kidnapped and brought here. A vast difference.
No one is denying that. Still, per the definition, "immigrant" applies to slaves, indentured servants and prisoners as well as those who came to the US of their own free will.

Look at Australia's Botany Bay. Immigrants or not? They
were immigrants, albeit unwilling ones.

First Australian penal colony established - Jan 26, 1788 - HISTORY.com
JANUARY 26, 1788 : FIRST AUSTRALIAN PENAL COLONY ESTABLISHED

The first 736 convicts banished from England to Australia land in Botany Bay. Over the next 60 years, approximately 50,000 criminals were transported from Great Britain to the “land down under,” in one of the strangest episodes in criminal-justice history.

The accepted wisdom of the upper and ruling classes in 18th century England was that criminals were inherently defective. Thus, they could not be rehabilitated and simply required separation from the genetically pure and law-abiding citizens. Accordingly, lawbreakers had to be either killed or exiled, since prisons were too expensive. With the American victory in the Revolutionary War, transgressors could no longer be shipped off across the Atlantic, and the English looked for a colony in the other direction.

Captain Arthur Phillip, a tough but fair career naval officer, was charged with setting up the first penal colony in Australia. The convicts were chained beneath the deck during the entire hellish six-month voyage. The first voyage claimed the lives of nearly 10 percent of the prisoners, which remarkably proved to be a rather good rate. On later trips, up to a third of the unwilling passengers died on the way. These were not hardened criminals by any measure; only a small minority were transported for violent offenses. Among the first group was a 70-year-old woman who had stolen cheese to eat.

Although not confined behind bars, most convicts in Australia had an extremely tough life. The guards who volunteered for duty in Australia seemed to be driven by exceptional sadism. Even small violations of the rules could result in a punishment of 100 lashes by the cat o’nine tails. It was said that blood was usually drawn after five lashes and convicts ended up walking home in boots filled with their own blood–that is, if they were able to walk at all.

Convicts who attempted to escape were sent to tiny Norfolk Island, 600 miles east of Australia, where the conditions were even more inhumane. The only hope of escape from the horror of Norfolk Island was a “game” in which groups of three prisoners drew straws. The short straw was killed as painlessly as possible and a judge was then shipped in to put the other two on trial, one playing the role of killer, the other as witness.

The definition of the word"immigrant" does not specifically include slave or, more precisely, the transport of African slaves to the Americas, As stated previously, Whites of the era regarded Africans as subhumans on a par with animals. That distinction separated them from human permutations such as prisoners or servants.
As slaves in Christian America, Blacks were stripped of their humanity and all the accompanying benefits afforded to "humans," including the status of being an immigrant or even the potential of becoming a citizen.
Unlike the White UK prisoners shipped off to Australia wit their humanity intact, African slaves in the Americas were there at the leisure of White men who owned their bodies and subsequently, after years of subjugation, even the minds of many. The UK expatriates sent to Australia were still White human and free.
The definition of the word immigrant says specifically...

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun
  1. a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

The enslaved didnt come. They were brought by force.

The only Africans that ever came of their own free will were the ones that came from West Africa prior to Columbus getting here and the ones that navigated his ships. The Taíno even told Columbus they traded with Africans prior to his arrival.
The first two words are significant in the definition you posted. 1. a person.

As I stated, African slaves were not considered people by their captors or the citizens of countries that received them. Therefore, from that perspective, the "a person" clause disqualified the African slave as an immigrant. That does not mean I am agreeing with that social assignment. I abhor it with every fiber of my being. I am just keeping it real in context of the time when the general mindset of White Christians precluded the notion of Black slaves as immigrants.

Indeed Black slaves were probably more human than many of the White people they came into contact with. Ironically, modern science has verified that, genetically, they are the only true humans on earth...Black Africans have virtually NO neanderthal DNA

Perhaps African slavery could be called the revenge of the Neanderthals. After all it was humans, all of whom originated in Africa, that hastened the demise of the Neanderthal. but some migrant humans mated with them, survived the incredible cold of several ice ages and settled Europe. The children of the Neanderthals prospered and grew mighty and returned to reek havoc upon the entire planet!

Meet Anthony Johnson, first slave owner in America.
View attachment 116122

Weatherman
Educating the left since 1978
You are under educated yourself so please stop spreading misinformation from your auxiliary universe.. Hugh Gwyn is the first official slave owner in the US and I have more than a picture and my opinion as proof.

We don't need your lame attempts to rewrite history. First slave owner in America was a black man.

History of Slavery

• 1640 Virginia Courts. In 1640, the Virginia courts had sentenced one of the first black indentured servants to slavery.

BTW thats not UC Berkeley. Thats someone with a page on a UC Berkeley server. The best hint is this little contradictory phrase in addition to the one I already posted.

"indentured slaves did not only consist of Africans, but a large majority of them were Irish, Scottish, English, and Germans, who were brought over from Europe and were paying their debt for the passage over sea."
Your quote, not mine.

Like I said before, I know you are not very bright but no matter how much you want to double down on your stupidity you will never convince me 1654 is before 1640. :laugh:
What part of "first slave owned in America" is so confusing to you?

Calling slaves "immigrants" is a euphemism. There's a difference between those who chose to come here and those who were kidnapped and brought here. A vast difference.
No one is denying that. Still, per the definition, "immigrant" applies to slaves, indentured servants and prisoners as well as those who came to the US of their own free will.

The first 736 convicts banished from England to Australia land in Botany Bay. Over the next 60 years, approximately 50,000 criminals were transported from Great Britain to the “land down under,” in one of the strangest episodes in criminal-justice history.

The accepted wisdom of the upper and ruling classes in 18th century England was that criminals were inherently defective. Thus, they could not be rehabilitated and simply required separation from the genetically pure and law-abiding citizens. Accordingly, lawbreakers had to be either killed or exiled, since prisons were too expensive. With the American victory in the Revolutionary War, transgressors could no longer be shipped off across the Atlantic, and the English looked for a colony in the other direction.

Captain Arthur Phillip, a tough but fair career naval officer, was charged with setting up the first penal colony in Australia. The convicts were chained beneath the deck during the entire hellish six-month voyage. The first voyage claimed the lives of nearly 10 percent of the prisoners, which remarkably proved to be a rather good rate. On later trips, up to a third of the unwilling passengers died on the way. These were not hardened criminals by any measure; only a small minority were transported for violent offenses. Among the first group was a 70-year-old woman who had stolen cheese to eat.

Convicts who attempted to escape were sent to tiny Norfolk Island, 600 miles east of Australia, where the conditions were even more inhumane. The only hope of escape from the horror of Norfolk Island was a “game” in which groups of three prisoners drew straws. The short straw was killed as painlessly as possible and a judge was then shipped in to put the other two on trial, one playing the role of killer, the other as witness.

The definition of the word"immigrant" does not specifically include slave or, more precisely, the transport of African slaves to the Americas, As stated previously, Whites of the era regarded Africans as subhumans on a par with animals. That distinction separated them from human permutations such as prisoners or servants.
As slaves in Christian America, Blacks were stripped of their humanity and all the accompanying benefits afforded to "humans," including the status of being an immigrant or even the potential of becoming a citizen.
Unlike the White UK prisoners shipped off to Australia wit their humanity intact, African slaves in the Americas were there at the leisure of White men who owned their bodies and subsequently, after years of subjugation, even the minds of many. The UK expatriates sent to Australia were still White human and free.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

The only Africans that ever came of their own free will were the ones that came from West Africa prior to Columbus getting here and the ones that navigated his ships. The Taíno even told Columbus they traded with Africans prior to his arrival.

As I stated, African slaves were not considered people by their captors or the citizens of countries that received them. Therefore, from that perspective, the "a person" clause disqualified the African slave as an immigrant. That does not mean I am agreeing with that social assignment. I abhor it with every fiber of my being. I am just keeping it real in context of the time when the general mindset of White Christians precluded the notion of Black slaves as immigrants.

Indeed Black slaves were probably more human than many of the White people they came into contact with. Ironically, modern science has verified that, genetically, they are the only true humans on earth...Black Africans have virtually NO neanderthal DNA

Perhaps African slavery could be called the revenge of the Neanderthals. After all it was humans, all of whom originated in Africa, that hastened the demise of the Neanderthal. but some migrant humans mated with them, survived the incredible cold of several ice ages and settled Europe. The children of the Neanderthals prospered and grew mighty and returned to reek havoc upon the entire planet!
Not our fault you idiots don't know the definition of immigrant.
Obama and Carson do.

History of Slavery

Your quote, not mine.

What part of "first slave owned in America" is so confusing to you?
The part right above it (in your own link) where it says John Punch was the first slave prior to that. What confused you about that?

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Obama and Carson do.
Says the guy that doesnt know 1640 is before 1654. :laugh:

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Obama and Carson do.

We know the definition of immigrant all too well. It is your confusion as to whom or what the word implies
that is problematic.
Not my fault you lack the intelligence to click the links of over a dozen news sources quoting Obama calling slaves immigrants 11 times.
:lol: No one here but YOU would do that..you crazy MF. Can't you think of something better to waste your time on?

ou can inform the tens of thousands of slaves currently being held by Islamic warlords.
And tell them what? That the US warlords have more than 2 million slaves languishing in prisons?

...Unlike the White UK prisoners shipped off to Australia wit their humanity intact...
Disagreed for reasons the linked article detailed:

"...The convicts were chained beneath the deck during the entire hellish six-month voyage. The first voyage claimed the lives of nearly 10 percent of the prisoners, which remarkably proved to be a rather good rate. On later trips, up to a third of the unwilling passengers died on the way. These were not hardened criminals by any measure; only a small minority were transported for violent offenses. Among the first group was a 70-year-old woman who had stolen cheese to eat.

Convicts who attempted to escape were sent to tiny Norfolk Island, 600 miles east of Australia, where the conditions were even more inhumane. The only hope of escape from the horror of Norfolk Island was a “game” in which groups of three prisoners drew straws. The short straw was killed as painlessly as possible and a judge was then shipped in to put the other two on trial, one playing the role of killer, the other as witness."

I am not impressed by your narrative. I doubt White men and women were chained below deck in such a manner as the African slaves typically were. Another important distinction is that these prisoners looked just like their captors...their countrymen! It is far harder to dehumanize a person when they look just like YOU...or,when they produce little children that look just like YOURS. The ultimate motive for the Australian experiment was to settle the continent. Convicts were shipped with their families and, eventually most were freed and given land grants.

I don't believe in race, dumbass but since I live in a country obsessed by it I have to use the term to converse with you troglodytes. Google it you DMF!

Race has nothing to do with the fact that Obama is not the descendant of slaves you stupid faggot.
You dont know what you are talking about. Obama is the descendant of the first officially recognized slave in the US.

From what recesses of your colon did you pull that one from? His white ancestor was the first US slave?
Who said the ancestor I am referring to is white?

Because on his father's side they are Kenyan. I.E: Not American. The part of Obama that has American ancestry are white loony Communists.

Obama is an American because he was born in America. I don't give a rats ass where his parents came from. He is 100% American just like (you?)

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Idk what history you've been reading but. :cuckoo: Like Africans could navigate the high seas before Columbus. :laugh2:

I dub thee: "Black Bizarro"

It's a given that they were SLAVES. He said they were in a bottom of a slave ship. Perhaps Carson over estimated the intelligence of some people to understand him. Damn, I really liked Samuel L Jackson but now he's acting like a shill. Carson was trying to say something positive about Hope when coming out of a bad situation.
One would think that Liberals with all their hyperbole could understand this, but then they never were about to say anything about Ben Carson were they? That would require not stereotyping people. aka conservatives who happen to be black people.
???

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to explain what you mean.

Every one knows Slaves were brought here against their will. Ben Carson was simply saying that even they had hope for their descendants. People are really taking him out of context here, in what he was trying to simply say something positive. This is purely partisan politics. The fact that he used the words immigrants, In my opinion, is not being used to fool any one. Carson has already been labled as an "uncle tom" so his speeches will never be well recieved, as proved in this thread
I think thats where you are wrong. They didnt have any hope once they figured out they were across an ocean and their childrens childrens children were slaves for life. You can take that bullshit somewhere someone dumb will believe it.

Well, thats interesting, because in Obama's Speech he said that African slaves who came across on ships "no doubt had Inspiration" he said they were brought here against their will, but in their own way were immigrants. So Obama was talking Bullshit? is that what your saying? He still called them Immigrants, but he's just a better speaker than Carson. If anything, you could accuse Carson of copying Obamas speech to an extent.

Personally what Obama and Carson said is ok with me. I think you have a problem with a black man like Carson who brings himself up from poverty, becomes a Doctor then has political views different from your own. It must be, otherwise you would have criticized Obama as well.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Idk what history you've been reading but. :cuckoo: Like Africans could navigate the high seas before Columbus. :laugh2:

There were probably many who learned on Arab ships previously

Race has nothing to do with the fact that Obama is not the descendant of slaves you stupid faggot.
You dont know what you are talking about. Obama is the descendant of the first officially recognized slave in the US.

From what recesses of your colon did you pull that one from? His white ancestor was the first US slave?
Who said the ancestor I am referring to is white?

Because on his father's side they are Kenyan. I.E: Not American. The part of Obama that has American ancestry are white loony Communists.

Obama is an American because he was born in America. I don't give a rats ass where his parents came from. He is 100% American just like (you?)

No. One of my parents is 5th generation American, and the other is 6th or 7th. Obama's dad was never an American citizen.

Back to the birther, baby! He was born in Kenya. :lmao:

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

i was reading the notes Columbus made in his journal. Why do you ask?

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Link? I'm highly skeptical that you can read Portuguese or Spanish handwritten language.

It's a given that they were SLAVES. He said they were in a bottom of a slave ship. Perhaps Carson over estimated the intelligence of some people to understand him. Damn, I really liked Samuel L Jackson but now he's acting like a shill. Carson was trying to say something positive about Hope when coming out of a bad situation.
One would think that Liberals with all their hyperbole could understand this, but then they never were about to say anything about Ben Carson were they? That would require not stereotyping people. aka conservatives who happen to be black people.
???

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to explain what you mean.

Every one knows Slaves were brought here against their will. Ben Carson was simply saying that even they had hope for their descendants. People are really taking him out of context here, in what he was trying to simply say something positive. This is purely partisan politics. The fact that he used the words immigrants, In my opinion, is not being used to fool any one. Carson has already been labled as an "uncle tom" so his speeches will never be well recieved, as proved in this thread
I think thats where you are wrong. They didnt have any hope once they figured out they were across an ocean and their childrens childrens children were slaves for life. You can take that bullshit somewhere someone dumb will believe it.

Well, thats interesting, because in Obama's Speech he said that African slaves who came across on ships "no doubt had Inspiration" he said they were brought here against their will, but in their own way were immigrants. So Obama was talking Bullshit? is that what your saying? He still called them Immigrants, but he's just a better speaker than Carson. If anything, you could accuse Carson of copying Obamas speech to an extent.

Personally what Obama and Carson said is ok with me. I think you have a problem with a black man like Carson who brings himself up from poverty, becomes a Doctor then has political views different from your own. It must be, otherwise you would have criticized Obama as well.
Pretty sure it was bullshit and no.. what Obama said is nothing like what Carson said. He didnt say it better. He said it quite differently as you pointed out. He made a distinction in the experience of captured enslaved Africans and people that came of their own will. None of the enslaved thought to themselves "gee I hope I can buy a home after that take me out of these chains". Only a dumbass would believe that.

Last edited:

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Link? I'm highly skeptical that you can read Portuguese or Spanish handwritten language.
Look it up. I dont have time to educate you nor do I care what you are skeptical of.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

Look it up. I dont have time to educate you nor do I care what you are skeptical of.

404-Negro not found, and black is only referred as paint Indians use.

Internet History Sourcebooks Project

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

404-Negro not found, and black is only referred as paint Indians use.

Internet History Sourcebooks Project
404 your brain is not found either.

lookup the journal of the second voyage.

Also Columbus son Ferdinand also said his father saw Black people

Raccolta, part I, volume I:

“Columbus wanted to find out what the Indians of Espanola had told him, that had come from the south and southeast, [N]egro people who brought those spear points made of a metal which they call guanin, of which he had sent samples to the king and queen for assay and which was found to have 32 parts – 18 of gold, 6 of silver, and 8 of copper.”1 Curious about the validity of this story, Columbus did indeed send samples of these spears back on a mail ship to Spain to be examined, and it was found that the ratio of properties of gold, copper, and silver alloy were identical to the spears then being forged in African Guinea."

Forum List

Back