🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind’

Whatever floats your boat

That one didn't float anything but keeping kids up til 3am when they should have been sleeping so they could learn something in school the next day....not that there's anything to learn in the public schools anymore, but at least get something to eat...not that there's anything good to eat there anymore thanks to Mooch.
Go run a program and do it better then. You can cherry pick all the bad examples or failed efforts but that doesn't justify doing nothing. It only justifies a need to do it better.

Or doing something totally different.

Of course, you didn't consider that.

Why would you...you are a lefty.
That's what I just said. Doing something better means making changes, means doing something different you dupe.

Missed it again.

Maybe you get used to the fact that many government programs are built on flawed paradigms.

No matter how good they are, they miss the boat.

Sometimes you have to back to the very think you are trying to get done....and reflect on whether that is the right thing to do.
What did I miss? You are saying and proposing nothing. I agree gov programs suck, but I don't think the answer is do nothing. Do something different, do something better, but do something if you want the situation to get better

“So is hunger apparently. Let’s Jedi Mind trick ourselves into eating a steak.”

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

Whew... perhaps you should listen to him, he is not poor loser like you. Of course, the first lesson would be to not interpret the words literally, failing to see the forest for the trees.

What he clearly meant to say is that, with certain (especially leftist) mindset, you are guaranteed to end up broke as shit. He is exactly correct. Now, follow his advice or stop complaining being a poor loser.

Carson is a freak'n smart guy who managed to work his way out
That doesn't mean the other 30 million people in poverty can do the same

Aside from money, what do you believe is the single factor that distinguishes a child living in poverty and one living well above the poverty level?

Marriage.

This stigma against the poor and impoverished needs to end.

Why? Why too should we reward people for being poor?

2a05c42d-86d8-429f-94fa-168c238406e1_zpslkzssnxr.jpg

Recognizing the inherent dignity of every human being regardless of economic status is not "rewarding" anything.

What is Ben Carson doing for those who are in poverty?

Why does anything need to be done FOR people in poverty?

Because without GOOD GOV'T POLICY those "free market" guy run right over the people in poverty even more than they do now?

Gov't policy IS huge in lifting people out of poverty, or keeping them there. Look at Gov't policy post WW2 with free college education (plus paid them to go), VA no down loans, VA Biz loans, etc, what happened?

Min wage laws, SS (keeps 50% of seniors out of poverty), Medicare, EITC, etc are SOME Gov't policies that also have helped.

Maybe because of his position as the Secretary of HUD?

Why do we help those in poverty?
Because that is what great democracies do

Help them do what ?
Get education, resources and work opportunity

So you are saying they don't have opportunity ?

Help them do what ?
Get education, resources and work opportunity

So you are saying they don't have opportunity ?
I wrote one short sentence with 6 words and that's not even close to what I said. What's wrong with you, can you not understand basic English?

Last edited:
When Tramp nominated Carson I thought," Now he's just fucking with us."
Then OldBen said," I'm not qualified for this job."
Tramp probably thought, "Yes I know. That's the point. This is another agency I can bring down."

Carson is a freak'n smart guy who managed to work his way out
That doesn't mean the other 30 million people in poverty can do the same

Aside from money, what do you believe is the single factor that distinguishes a child living in poverty and one living well above the poverty level?

Marriage.

Wrong.

Let's just face it. What Carson said was ridiculous.

Talking about Carson got me thinking.... Now what's the other pinhead doing? Ya know. The one with a degree in animal husbandry who's in charge of our Nukes.

This genius:

People on Twitter took Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson to task after he said that poverty was a “state of mind.”

The neurosurgeon, who previously caught heat for suggesting that slaves who were brought to America were “immigrants,” made the controversial comment during a SiriusXM Radio interview with Armstrong Williams released Wednesday.

”I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” said Carson. “You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee you in a little while they’ll be right back up there.”

Carson’s comments sparked anger among Twitter users, including “Star Trek” actor George Takei. Here’s a sampling:

More: Ben Carson Says Poverty Is A ‘State Of Mind,’ Folks On Twitter Give Him A Piece Of Theirs

Well, Carson certainly lit up Twitter with his bizarre comment about poverty. Some very funny and imaginative ones.

He didn't say it like that. It is a person's state of mind that determines how hard they will try to better themselves. Too many do nothing. And that is a big part of the reason that some don't improve their circumstances. If they believe they can't do something, they won't. If they are led to believe that somehow racists won't let them succeed, they embrace victimhood and wait for government to hand them what they believe they are entitled to.

If people would take more action to change their lives, more would be a lot better off. Adopting a new mindset would go far. I guess some lefties prefer that people remain angry "victims" so the rest of us can keep getting screwed by politicians.

Fact is that entitlement is a state of mind and it's ruining this country.

He didn't say it like that. It is a person's state of mind that determines how hard they will try to better themselves. Too many do nothing. And that is a big part of the reason that some don't improve their circumstances. If they believe they can't do something, they won't. If they are led to believe that somehow racists won't let them succeed, they embrace victimhood and wait for government to hand them what they believe they are entitled to.

If people would take more action to change their lives, more would be a lot better off. Adopting a new mindset would go far. I guess some lefties prefer that people remain angry "victims" so the rest of us can keep getting screwed by politicians.

You have zero knowledge of sociology 101.

Help them do what ?

Food, shelter, healthcare for those who can't afford it
Educational, vocational, jobs programs
Obamaphones

Ben Carson is just another category of the types RW'ers love to mock - Actors, musicians, celebrity types, those who the RW'ers say should just shut up and stick to what they know IQW stay out of politics.

Carson is a doctor. He knows doctoring. Outside of that he's proven himself an imbecile. Shut up and cut, Sawbones.

Fact is entitlement built this country. The mindset that needs to change is the one hat has people opening their mouths making such comments and those who believe those comments are true.

Forum List

Back