🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson: Theory Of Evolution Encouraged By The Devil

terroristschool-vi.gif

"OMG, I can't imagine this man as president."

He won't be president, nor the GOP nominee.

What's troubling, however, is that he represents those on the social right hostile to Establishment Clause jurisprudence and who seek to conjoin church and state in violation of the First Amendment.

Carson and his ilk are indeed ignorant and ridiculous, but they also pose a threat to our freedoms and liberties.

"Carson added that he believed the big bang was “even more ridiculous” because there is order to the universe."

Given the fact Carson believes that the universe was 'created' by a deity that doesn't exist, he's in no position to refer to scientific theories as 'ridiculous.'

What is your favorite dog, or cat? Do you have a child, would you say they look more like you or your spouse... their parents or your, maybe a combination of all of you?

Maybe your children if you have any look nothing like you, however maybe if yo have children they are not yours at all...

Huh? The glaring problem with evolution is there is no fossil record.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Fossil evidence
Introduction to Human Evolution | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

Better study up, there are two huge gaps that cannot be accounted for by fossil records

So what?

"Carson added that he believed the big bang was “even more ridiculous” because there is order to the universe."

Given the fact Carson believes that the universe was 'created' by a deity that doesn't exist, he's in no position to refer to scientific theories as 'ridiculous.'

Reminds me of the taliban or the isis with everything being about god. What's the difference?

"OMG, I can't imagine this man as president."

He won't be president, nor the GOP nominee.

What's troubling, however, is that he represents those on the social right hostile to Establishment Clause jurisprudence and who seek to conjoin church and state in violation of the First Amendment.

Carson and his ilk are indeed ignorant and ridiculous, but they also pose a threat to our freedoms and liberties.

About like the muslimbrotherhood does in Egypt. These same people will scream bloody murder when islamic religious nuts get into power but they can't look at carson for being the same.

What is your favorite dog, or cat? Do you have a child, would you say they look more like you or your spouse... their parents or your, maybe a combination of all of you?

Maybe your children if you have any look nothing like you, however maybe if yo have children they are not yours at all...

Huh? The glaring problem with evolution is there is no fossil record.

The glaring problem with religious creation myths is that there are hundreds of them and they're all without any evidence.

If Carson believes evolution is the work of the Devil wouldn't it be his obligation, were he president, to outlaw the teaching of evolution anywhere in America?

Figured as much, but thought it best to ask.

But, within the sampling universe of those who believe in a godhead...

The reconciling of Creationism and Evolution is straightforward and quite simple...

In effect, the godhead set it all in motion... Big Bang, Laws of Physics, Evolution, etc...

I submit that those who do not believe in a godhead are probably not the best equipped to gauge the relative merits of any such attempt at reconciliation...
The operative word being believe.
Yep. Nolo contendere.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.”

In a speech delivered in 2012, Ben Carson said the big bang theory was part of the “fairy tales” pushed by “high-faluting scientists” as a story of creation.

Similarly, Carson, a noted creationist, said he believed the theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“Now what about the big bang theory,” said Carson at speech to fellow Seventh-day Adventists titled “Celebration of Creation,” about the theory for the origin of the universe.

“I find the big bang, really quite fascinating. I mean, here you have all these high-faluting scientists and they’re saying it was this gigantic explosion and everything came into perfect order. Now these are the same scientists that go around touting the second law of thermodynamics, which is entropy, which says that things move toward a state of disorganization.

“So now you’re gonna have this big explosion and everything becomes perfectly organized and when you ask them about it they say, ‘Well we can explain this, based on probability theory because if there’s enough big explosions, over a long period of time, billions and billions of years, one of them will be the perfect explosion,” continued Carson. “So I say what you’re telling me is if I blow a hurricane through a junkyard enough times over billions and billions of years, eventually after one of those hurricanes there will be a 747 fully loaded and ready to fly.”

Carson added that he believed the big bang was “even more ridiculous” because there is order to the universe.

“Well, I mean, it’s even more ridiculous than that ‘cause our solar system, not to mention the universe outside of that, is extraordinarily well organized, to the point where we can predict 70 years away when a comet is coming,” he said. “Now that type of organization to just come out of an explosion? I mean, you want to talk about fairy tales, that is amazing.”

Later, Carson said he personally believed Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct,” said Carson.

“Amazingly, there are a significant number of scientists who do not believe it but they’re afraid to say anything,” Carson added, saying he would be writing a book, “The Organ of Species,” that shows how the organs of the body refute evolution.

Ben Carson: Big Bang A Fairy Tale, Theory Of Evolution Encouraged By The Devil

OMG, I can't imagine this man as president.

Some people just shouldn't be president because their views are incompatible with the US Constitution......

Figured as much, but thought it best to ask.

But, within the sampling universe of those who believe in a godhead...

The reconciling of Creationism and Evolution is straightforward and quite simple...

In effect, the godhead set it all in motion... Big Bang, Laws of Physics, Evolution, etc...

I submit that those who do not believe in a godhead are probably not the best equipped to gauge the relative merits of any such attempt at reconciliation...

i think if you read A Brief History of Time, you can find the ability to reconcile religion and science... but only if one acknowledges that the bible isn't intended to be taken literally. (like creation taking 7 days or the earth being 5,000 years old).
I doubt I'll get around to reading it anytime soon, but thank's for the referral - I'll try to keep it in mind for later.

I agree about the Bible not being meant to be taken literally in all aspects and all respects - especially the Old Testament half of it.

Personally, I see it as part metaphor, part morality play, part history, part corpus juris, part early attempt at explaining our universe and our own existence.

And, if memory serves, from other incremental (and similar) reading, the Hebrews did not have a Creation Story until they returned from the Babylonian Captivity.

Strangely, the Hebrew version of the Creation narrative looked suspiciously close to the much older Babylonian-Sumerian story.

A Believer can hold fast to the idea that God created the universe, and Man himself, while leaving the mechanics and the time-line to the Deity - making it convenient to write-off the Creation narrative of the Hebrews as a charming and widely- and long-believed first attempt at Explaining Everything, and allowing Believers to set that off to the side as metaphor.

The important point for a Believer is that God created the universe, and Man - NOT the nuts-and-bolts of HOW it was done nor the exact TIMELINE associated with that.

Believers who are stuck on the Literal-ism aspect of this will continue to have problems and to suffer for it.

Believers who free their minds to accept more realistic and evidence-based explanations, while insisting that God set those into motion, will fare much better and be happier.

Or so it seems, to this observer.

Rain Man Carson is truly an idiot savant.
Maybe.

But he can buy and sell you a hundred times over.

And I don't see anybody banging down your door, asking you to run for President.

The presidency isn't brain surgery.
True.

Carson may or may not be fit to serve, based upon personality, viewpoints, etc.

But he does not suffer from an idiot-savant state, nor any other deficit of intellect, as our colleague would have us believe.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.”

In a speech delivered in 2012, Ben Carson said the big bang theory was part of the “fairy tales” pushed by “high-faluting scientists” as a story of creation.

Similarly, Carson, a noted creationist, said he believed the theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“Now what about the big bang theory,” said Carson at speech to fellow Seventh-day Adventists titled “Celebration of Creation,” about the theory for the origin of the universe.

“I find the big bang, really quite fascinating. I mean, here you have all these high-faluting scientists and they’re saying it was this gigantic explosion and everything came into perfect order. Now these are the same scientists that go around touting the second law of thermodynamics, which is entropy, which says that things move toward a state of disorganization.

“So now you’re gonna have this big explosion and everything becomes perfectly organized and when you ask them about it they say, ‘Well we can explain this, based on probability theory because if there’s enough big explosions, over a long period of time, billions and billions of years, one of them will be the perfect explosion,” continued Carson. “So I say what you’re telling me is if I blow a hurricane through a junkyard enough times over billions and billions of years, eventually after one of those hurricanes there will be a 747 fully loaded and ready to fly.”

Carson added that he believed the big bang was “even more ridiculous” because there is order to the universe.

“Well, I mean, it’s even more ridiculous than that ‘cause our solar system, not to mention the universe outside of that, is extraordinarily well organized, to the point where we can predict 70 years away when a comet is coming,” he said. “Now that type of organization to just come out of an explosion? I mean, you want to talk about fairy tales, that is amazing.”

Later, Carson said he personally believed Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct,” said Carson.

“Amazingly, there are a significant number of scientists who do not believe it but they’re afraid to say anything,” Carson added, saying he would be writing a book, “The Organ of Species,” that shows how the organs of the body refute evolution.

Ben Carson: Big Bang A Fairy Tale, Theory Of Evolution Encouraged By The Devil

OMG, I can't imagine this man as president.

Some people just shouldn't be president because their views are incompatible with the US Constitution......
Racist

Forum List

Back