Ben Carson

14% of the signups of ACA are those that did not have or this laugher "couldn't afford" health insurance.
MOST of the signups are those that were cancelled because of ACA.
We are subsidizing people that make 80K a year and have hundreds of thousands of dollars in their retirement accounts.
There is NO ASSET means test for the ACA.
And there are people that support that???
Fucking insanity.

NOTHING was cancelled because of the ACA.

Policies were cancelled because insurance companies chose to cancel them rather than modify them to be up to compliance with a new law.

Ben Carson stupider than ever

Slaves Were Immigrants Who Came Here And Worked Really Hard ‘For Less’
Ben has a ways to go to catch up to you, Sillybooboo.
Reagan was right. If politicians were any good private industry would steal them away. Ben carson has found a way to make a living in politics. I get it
Might want to bone up with Ben Carson, he really didn't need to make it in politics. Just sayin'
Why do it then? Seems he got sick of operating on brains and he found a gig in politics.

What's his goal?

NOTHING was cancelled because of the ACA.

Policies were cancelled because insurance companies chose to cancel them rather than modify them to be up to compliance with a new law.

Reagan was right. If politicians were any good private industry would steal them away. Ben carson has found a way to make a living in politics. I get it
Might want to bone up with Ben Carson, he really didn't need to make it in politics. Just sayin'
Why do it then? Seems he got sick of operating on brains and he found a gig in politics.

What's his goal?
Might be to just vex you. He's a good honest person with testimony to back it..One thing he isn't, and that is stupid.

What's his goal?
Might be to just vex you. He's a good honest person with testimony to back it..One thing he isn't, and that is stupid.
So his goal isn't to help others. Got it

The left wing victimologists have somehow convinced the dipshits on the left that Dr Ben Carson is an idiot and Leonardo DiCaprio is really really smart.

tumblr_ncdq5nOoHW1qljj91o2_400.gif

Huh, how is it exactly was Leonardo DiCaprio given a platform in front of the fucking UN to lecture the world about bigfoot....errrrr man made global warming. What, credentials does he have? If that does not prove that the MAN MADE global warming is a fraud and a sales job, nothing will.

Oh, and here is the guy the left calls an idiot.

BenCarsonPoster-smallerfilesize.jpg

• Performed the first and only successful separation (in 1987) of craniopagus (Siamese) twins joined at the back of the head, the first completely successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins (in 1997 in South Africa), and the first successful placement of an intrauterine shunt for a hydrocephalic twin. Although he has been involved in many newsworthy operations, he feels that every case is noteworthy -- deserving of maximum attention.
  • At age 33, the youngest physician to ever head a major division at Johns Hopkins.
  • Married for 40 years to his wife, Candy, and the father of three sons.
  • President and co-founder of the Carson Scholars Fund, which recognizes students of all backgrounds in grades 4-11 for exceptional academic and humanitarian qualities. He and his wife co-founded the organization in 1994 to help solve America’s education crisis. Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship to be invested toward their college education, along with a recognition package and an invitation to attend an awards banquet. Carson Scholars become role models and leaders at their schools.
  • Co-founder of Angels of the OR under the auspices of the Baltimore Community Foundation, which provides grant to assist neurosurgery patients with expenses not covered by insurance.

• Majored in psychology at Yale and graduated from the University of Michigan School of Medicine.
  • Received the nation’s highest civilian award, the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008. The medal may be awarded by the President “to any person who has made an especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.” *
  • Appointed in 2004 to serve on the President’s Council on Bioethics.
  • Received the 2008 Ford’s Theater Lincoln Medal.
  • Named one of "America's Best Leaders" by US News & World Reports in 2008
  • Received the Jefferson Award in 2000 for "Greatest Public Service Benefiting the Disadvantaged"
  • Awarded the Healthcare Humanitarian Award in 2004 because he has "enhanced the quality of human lives and has influenced the course of history through ongoing contributions to healthcare and medicine."
  • Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, the Institute of Medicine/National Academy of Science, the Horatio Alger Society of Distinguished Americans, the American Academy of Achievement, and many other prestigious organizations.
  • Sits on the board of directors of numerous organizations, including Kellogg Company, Costco Wholesale Corporation, the Academy of Achievement, and is an Emeritus Fellow of the Yale Corporation, the governing body of Yale University.
  • Named by CNN and TIME Magazine as one of the nation’s 20 foremost physicians and scientists in 2001.
  • Elected by the Library of Congress as one of 89 "Living Legends" on the occasion of its 200th anniversary in 2001.
  • Recipient of the 2006 Spingarn Medal which is the highest honor bestowed by the NAACP.
  • Elected to the National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine, considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine.
  • Inaugural recipient of a professorship endowed by notable philanthropists and supporters of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
  • 2012 Influential Marylander award recipient by The Daily Record, Baltimore’s legal and business newspaper.
  • Fullwood Foundation for “individuals who have invested their time in humanitarian deeds that substantially improve the quality of life of the citizens of the State of Maryland.”
  • Detroit Public Schools opened the Dr. Benjamin Carson High School of Science and Medicine for students interested in pursuing healthcare careers.
  • Awarded 60 honorary doctorate degrees and dozens of national merit citations.
  • Authored over 100 neurosurgical publications.
  • Author of 6 books:
    (2014) One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future, Sentinel HC Publishing. ISBN 978-1595231123
    (2011) America the Beautiful: Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 978-0-310-33071-4
    (2008) Take The Risk, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 0-310-25973-8
    (2000) The Big Picture, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 978-0-310-22583-6
    (1996) Think Big, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 0-310-21459-9
    (1990) Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, Review & Herald Pub., ISBN 0-8280-0669-5; (2009) Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, Zondervan Publishing. ISBN 0-310-21469-6
  • Writer of weekly opinion column for The Washington Times, writes for a digital magazine called American CurrentSee, and serves as Chairman of the American Legacy PAC, a national effort to replace Obamacare and "Save Our Healthcare."

I ask you everyday. Is there a reason for you to not hate liberals. Tell me what they are.

What's his goal?
You don't read or connect dots very well, do you, Sillybooboo?

Last edited:

What's his goal?
You said it might just be to vex me. What are his goals? Do you even know? It certainly doesn't seem to help anybody but himself. Lets see how helpful he is the next 4 years. Lets see how much people thank him.

sealybobo said:

What's his goal?
You said it might just be to vex me. What are his goals? Do you even know? It certainly doesn't seem to help anybody but himself. Lets see how helpful he is the next 4 years. Lets see how much people thank him.
You seem to know his nefarious motives, Please explain them and back them with your souces, Sillybooboo

sealybobo said:

What's his goal?
You seem to know his nefarious motives, Please explain them and back them with your souces, Sillybooboo

I just want to get an answer to a simple yes or no question. If you are confirmed to lead HUD, you will be responsible for issuing billions of dollars in grants and loans to help develop housing and provide a lot of housing-related services. Now, housing development is an area in which President-elect Trump and his family have significant business interests. Can you assure me that not a single taxpayer dollar that you give out will financially benefit the president-elect or his family?

Carson tried to play upon the image that he is a man of morals and values saying, “I can assure you that the things that I do are driven by a sense of morals and values, and therefore, I will absolutely not play favorites for anyone.”

‘It’s not about your good faith. My concern is whether or not, among the billions of dollars you will be responsible for handing out in grants and loans, can you just assure us that not $1 will go to benefit either the president-elect or his family?’

Again, on point from the persistent Warren. To his credit, Carson provided a decent answer to her question responding:

‘It will not be my intention to do anything to benefit any American. It’s for all Americans everything that we do.’

NOT HIS INTENTION? So it will be unintentional?

‘The reason you can’t assure us of that is because the president-elect is hiding his family’s business interests from you, from me, from the rest of America. And this just highlights the absurdity and the danger of the president-elect’s refusal to put his assets into a true blind trust. He knows, he, the president-elect knows, what will benefit him and his family financially. But the public doesn’t, which means he can divert taxpayer money into his own pockets without anyone knowing about it.’

‘The only way the American people can know the president is working in their best interests, and not in his own is if he divests and puts his assets in a true blind trust. Transferring his holdings to his children does nothing, as the head of Nonpartisan Ethics Committee said just last night.’

She brought up the problem of lead exposure and that 62,000 public housing units are in need of lead abatement. She complimented Dr. Carson, calling the retired neurosurgeon “highly accomplished.” She then asked if he could commit that he would make sure HUD resources were dedicated to fixing the issue of lead.

Carson agreed and did commit saying, “Yes, I will be very vigorous in that area.”

[QUOTalybobo, post: 16748610, member: 11281"]
sealybobo said:

I just want to get an answer to a simple yes or no question. If you are confirmed to lead HUD, you will be responsible for issuing billions of dollars in grants and loans to help develop housing and provide a lot of housing-related services. Now, housing development is an area in which President-elect Trump and his family have significant business interests. Can you assure me that not a single taxpayer dollar that you give out will financially benefit the president-elect or his family?

Carson tried to play upon the image that he is a man of morals and values saying, “I can assure you that the things that I do are driven by a sense of morals and values, and therefore, I will absolutely not play favorites for anyone.”

‘It’s not about your good faith. My concern is whether or not, among the billions of dollars you will be responsible for handing out in grants and loans, can you just assure us that not $1 will go to benefit either the president-elect or his family?’

Again, on point from the persistent Warren. To his credit, Carson provided a decent answer to her question responding:

‘It will not be my intention to do anything to benefit any American. It’s for all Americans everything that we do.’

‘The reason you can’t assure us of that is because the president-elect is hiding his family’s business interests from you, from me, from the rest of America. And this just highlights the absurdity and the danger of the president-elect’s refusal to put his assets into a true blind trust. He knows, he, the president-elect knows, what will benefit him and his family financially. But the public doesn’t, which means he can divert taxpayer money into his own pockets without anyone knowing about it.’[/QUOTE]

sealybobo said:

‘The reason you can’t assure us of that is because the president-elect is hiding his family’s business interests from you, from me, from the rest of America. And this just highlights the absurdity and the danger of the president-elect’s refusal to put his assets into a true blind trust. He knows, he, the president-elect knows, what will benefit him and his family financially. But the public doesn’t, which means he can divert taxpayer money into his own pockets without anyone knowing about it.’
so you don't know of any nefarious intentions from Ben Carson. Got it.

[QUOTalybobo, post: 16748610, member: 11281"]
sealybobo said:

sealybobo said:

so you don't know of any nefarious intentions from Ben Carson. Got it.[/QUOTE]

Not yet but they just got started. Give them time.

Ben Carson has called one plan for fair housing a “mandated social-engineering scheme.” Trump himself has also expressed disdain for many of Obama’s housing policies, especially those trying to reduce segregation, which is perhaps not surprising for a man who got his start in real estate by refusing to rent to minorities in New York.

The retired neurosurgeon turned Trump adviser has little direct experience with fair-housing issues, but that didn’t stop him from once likening the discrimination laws to communism.

While it is somewhat unclear as to what Carson’s goals would be in the position, he has criticized a recent HUD fair-housing rule, which requires local communities to assess patterns of income and racial discrimination in housing.

Should Carson be confirmed for the position, he would have authority over the way in which the new HUD provision is rolled out. And it would appear, that he’s no fan of it.

Carson argued “It is true that the Fair Housing Act and other laws have greatly reduced explicit discrimination in housing, but significant disparities in housing availability and quality persist,” he wrote. “To address them, the Obama administration’s new agency rules rely on a tortured reading of the Fair Housing laws to empower the Department of Housing and Urban Development to ‘affirmatively promote’ fair housing, even in the absence of explicit discrimination.”

That latter preventative element is what seems to bother Carson so much.

In the same piece, he also criticized a Supreme Court decision, Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs v. Inclusive Communities Project, that kept a provision of federal law banning housing discrimination.

“These government-engineered attempts to legislate racial equality create consequences that often make matters worse,” Carson wrote. “There are reasonable ways to use housing policy to enhance the opportunities available to lower-income citizens, but based on the history of failed socialist experiments in this country, entrusting the government to get it right can prove downright dangerous.”

But given the HUD position, Carson would, in part, be the very person entrusted to get it right.

In an interview with an Iowa radio station in 2015, Carson railed against an agreement between the city of Dubuque and HUD that sought to address the way in which the city gave out federally funded housing vouchers. Dubuque essentially agreed to not discriminate in their distribution of the vouchers against people moving to the area from primarily black urban areas.

Jan Mickelson, a local talk-radio host, described the stipulation to Carson, saying that “people in eastern Iowa, for instance, have to recruit from Chicago their poverty-afflicted individuals to bring them to Iowa in order to qualify for Section 8 housing.”

Carson was surprised and described the process as federal overreaching.

“This is just an example of what happens when we allow the government to infiltrate every part of our lives,” Carson said. “This is what you see in communist countries where they have so many regulations encircling every aspect of your life that if you don’t agree with them, all they have to do is pull the noose. And this is what we’ve got now. Every month, dozens of regulations—business, industry, academia, every aspect of our lives—so that they can control you.”

While Carson’s comments could be attributed to the fact that he lacks experience in the housing sector, that’s exactly why his apparent selection has left a number of experts baffled at the choice.

“I am astounded at the suggestion that Ben Carson would be nominated to serve as HUD secretary,” Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, told CityLab. “HUD is among the most important federal agencies tasked with ensuring compliance with the Fair Housing Act, and creating affordable and inclusive communities.”

Not to mention Carson himself dismissed the possibility of serving inside the Trump administration less than two weeks ago.

On Nov. 15, Carson had decided not to seek a Cabinet position in Trump’s administration, saying “I believe it is vitally important for the Trump administration to have many outspoken friends and advisers who are outside of the Washington bubble,” in a statement on his Facebook page. “It is vital to have independent voices of reason and reconciliation if our nation is to heal and regain its greatness. I will continue to work with the transition team and beyond as we build a dynamite executive branch of government.”

This was on the same day that his business manager and frequent spokesman Armstrong Williams said “Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he’s never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.”

sealybobo said:

sealybobo said:

so you don't know of any nefarious intentions from Ben Carson. Got it.

Not yet but they just got started. Give them time.

Ben Carson has called one plan for fair housing a “mandated social-engineering scheme.” Trump himself has also expressed disdain for many of Obama’s housing policies, especially those trying to reduce segregation, which is perhaps not surprising for a man who got his start in real estate by refusing to rent to minorities in New York.

The retired neurosurgeon turned Trump adviser has little direct experience with fair-housing issues, but that didn’t stop him from once likening the discrimination laws to communism.

While it is somewhat unclear as to what Carson’s goals would be in the position, he has criticized a recent HUD fair-housing rule, which requires local communities to assess patterns of income and racial discrimination in housing.

Should Carson be confirmed for the position, he would have authority over the way in which the new HUD provision is rolled out. And it would appear, that he’s no fan of it.

Carson argued “It is true that the Fair Housing Act and other laws have greatly reduced explicit discrimination in housing, but significant disparities in housing availability and quality persist,” he wrote. “To address them, the Obama administration’s new agency rules rely on a tortured reading of the Fair Housing laws to empower the Department of Housing and Urban Development to ‘affirmatively promote’ fair housing, even in the absence of explicit discrimination.”

That latter preventative element is what seems to bother Carson so much.

In the same piece, he also criticized a Supreme Court decision, Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs v. Inclusive Communities Project, that kept a provision of federal law banning housing discrimination.

“These government-engineered attempts to legislate racial equality create consequences that often make matters worse,” Carson wrote. “There are reasonable ways to use housing policy to enhance the opportunities available to lower-income citizens, but based on the history of failed socialist experiments in this country, entrusting the government to get it right can prove downright dangerous.”

But given the HUD position, Carson would, in part, be the very person entrusted to get it right.

In an interview with an Iowa radio station in 2015, Carson railed against an agreement between the city of Dubuque and HUD that sought to address the way in which the city gave out federally funded housing vouchers. Dubuque essentially agreed to not discriminate in their distribution of the vouchers against people moving to the area from primarily black urban areas.

Jan Mickelson, a local talk-radio host, described the stipulation to Carson, saying that “people in eastern Iowa, for instance, have to recruit from Chicago their poverty-afflicted individuals to bring them to Iowa in order to qualify for Section 8 housing.”

Carson was surprised and described the process as federal overreaching.

“This is just an example of what happens when we allow the government to infiltrate every part of our lives,” Carson said. “This is what you see in communist countries where they have so many regulations encircling every aspect of your life that if you don’t agree with them, all they have to do is pull the noose. And this is what we’ve got now. Every month, dozens of regulations—business, industry, academia, every aspect of our lives—so that they can control you.”

While Carson’s comments could be attributed to the fact that he lacks experience in the housing sector, that’s exactly why his apparent selection has left a number of experts baffled at the choice.

“I am astounded at the suggestion that Ben Carson would be nominated to serve as HUD secretary,” Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, told CityLab. “HUD is among the most important federal agencies tasked with ensuring compliance with the Fair Housing Act, and creating affordable and inclusive communities.”

Not to mention Carson himself dismissed the possibility of serving inside the Trump administration less than two weeks ago.

On Nov. 15, Carson had decided not to seek a Cabinet position in Trump’s administration, saying “I believe it is vitally important for the Trump administration to have many outspoken friends and advisers who are outside of the Washington bubble,” in a statement on his Facebook page. “It is vital to have independent voices of reason and reconciliation if our nation is to heal and regain its greatness. I will continue to work with the transition team and beyond as we build a dynamite executive branch of government.”

This was on the same day that his business manager and frequent spokesman Armstrong Williams said “Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he’s never run a federal agency. The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency.”
So you DO admit nothing nefarious from Carson. That would be the end of the conversation. I have no idea what all your other drivel iis about.

Forum List

Back