Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

That's right. Dozens of pyramids have been explored by archaeologists and only 1 single mummified corpse has ever been found inside.

That's not exactly proof positive that the primary purpose of the pyramids was to serve as tombs.

Save that the rooms were most often decorated with inscriptions about the afterlife and the internment of a particular ruler.

Not something one would expect in a granary. PLus the pyramids were almost entirely stone. Literally 99.89% of it. Which makes the granary story beyond stupid.

Yet surprisingly, conservatives are coming out of the wood work to polish this turd. Which is astonishing.
so again, you have no proof. Funny how your dumb ass spouts off with absolutely no proof. Did I say you have no proof? Here, you have no proof.

Proof of what?

Again, what granary in the history of the world only leaves only 1/10 of 1% of its internal volume for storage?
that grain was never held in a pyramid fool. Do you have that?

There is *nothing* backing that theory. No grain has ever been found. There's no records of the Egyptians using pyramids for grain storage. And the pyramids are 99.9% solid stone.

Literally.

Why would anyone spend a generation on a grainary....that has almost *no* place to store grain? It makes no sense. This is one of the stupidest turds ever polished by conservatives.
again, that is not proof.

so, do you know if the pyramids held grain or not? Where did they hold it then?

we KNOW the pyrimids were build as tombs.

seriously?

Honestly, this is why I can't be a conservative. Sometimes people say stupid shit. And as a conservative, I'm expected to shut down huge swaths of my brain and defend the dumbest shit....just because another conservative said it.

And this has to be one of the dumbest, most brain dead pieces of silliness I've ever heard. But conservatives are swarming to defend it. They're defending it in shifts.
why does that bother you that conservatives think? I supposed as a liberal that is something you're envious of

The Pyramids were for burial, it's clear to anyone who has been inside one, and clear to anyone with half a brain and uses it, that this is the case.

No one is talking about the final purpose of the Pyramids, which is obviously burial.

What Carson was speculating about and that I dont see any reason to dismiss much less declare him an idiot for is the idea that there may have been multiple purposes for the structure as it was being built.

The Pyramids took a long time to build, and typically were started as soon as the pharaoh in question was born. What evidence is there that no dual uses could have been made of them while they were being built? Why couldnt grain storage, weapon storage, tool storage and maintenance, record keeping, housing and other things not also have been done within the Pyramids as they were built? What is so difficult about coming back and filling in with limestone cement as the Pyramid got higher and followed close behind the work?

Good grief, you libtards are so afraid to think for your own damned selves that you reflexively attack anyone that comes up with an original idea that isnt from some duly degreed 'expert'.

Fuck, you people are stupid.

Did they find grain inside the pyramids?

Has anyone who has ever investigated the pyramids ever said they were used for grain?

joseph-bin4.jpg

A grain storage from Ancient Egypt. Why go to so much trouble to use the pyramids, when something so simple could be used?

I mean, you're saying I'm "stupid", then come on, show the evidence. Any evidence. Anything at all would be nice.
why would they find grain? It was obviously removed centuries after the needs or more common buildings were built. I don't believe anyone ever stated they were built directly for grain, just that grain might have been held in them. The fact is you have no idea. You just don't.

Carson said "Joseph built them to store grain'. Which is about as direct as you get.

And there's nothing, absolutely nothing to back that claim. The Egyptians already had grain storage. Why would they build a massive Pyramid that had virtually NO storage space?

Remember, the pyramid was 99.9% solid stone.

Save that the rooms were most often decorated with inscriptions about the afterlife and the internment of a particular ruler.

Not something one would expect in a granary. PLus the pyramids were almost entirely stone. Literally 99.89% of it. Which makes the granary story beyond stupid.

Yet surprisingly, conservatives are coming out of the wood work to polish this turd. Which is astonishing.
so again, you have no proof. Funny how your dumb ass spouts off with absolutely no proof. Did I say you have no proof? Here, you have no proof.

Proof of what?

Again, what granary in the history of the world only leaves only 1/10 of 1% of its internal volume for storage?
that grain was never held in a pyramid fool. Do you have that?

There is *nothing* backing that theory. No grain has ever been found. There's no records of the Egyptians using pyramids for grain storage. And the pyramids are 99.9% solid stone.

Literally.

Why would anyone spend a generation on a grainary....that has almost *no* place to store grain? It makes no sense. This is one of the stupidest turds ever polished by conservatives.
again, that is not proof.

For the 5th time...why would the Egyptians spend a generation building one of the largest strucutres on the planet to store grain....

.......and then include virtually no storage space?

Does that make *any* sense to you?

seriously?

Honestly, this is why I can't be a conservative. Sometimes people say stupid shit. And as a conservative, I'm expected to shut down huge swaths of my brain and defend the dumbest shit....just because another conservative said it.

And this has to be one of the dumbest, most brain dead pieces of silliness I've ever heard. But conservatives are swarming to defend it. They're defending it in shifts.
why does that bother you that conservatives think? I supposed as a liberal that is something you're envious of

It bothers me that conservatives *don't* think. As a 'granary' with virtually no room to store grain is thoughtless nonsense. And you won't question any of it. You won't think about the massive holes in such an idea. And you won't discuss it.

Worse, its contradicted by overwhelming evidence. And yet here you are polishing this turd of an argument.

Why?

The Pyramids were for burial, it's clear to anyone who has been inside one, and clear to anyone with half a brain and uses it, that this is the case.

No one is talking about the final purpose of the Pyramids, which is obviously burial.

What Carson was speculating about and that I dont see any reason to dismiss much less declare him an idiot for is the idea that there may have been multiple purposes for the structure as it was being built.

The Pyramids took a long time to build, and typically were started as soon as the pharaoh in question was born. What evidence is there that no dual uses could have been made of them while they were being built? Why couldnt grain storage, weapon storage, tool storage and maintenance, record keeping, housing and other things not also have been done within the Pyramids as they were built? What is so difficult about coming back and filling in with limestone cement as the Pyramid got higher and followed close behind the work?

Good grief, you libtards are so afraid to think for your own damned selves that you reflexively attack anyone that comes up with an original idea that isnt from some duly degreed 'expert'.

Fuck, you people are stupid.

Did they find grain inside the pyramids?

Has anyone who has ever investigated the pyramids ever said they were used for grain?

joseph-bin4.jpg

A grain storage from Ancient Egypt. Why go to so much trouble to use the pyramids, when something so simple could be used?

I mean, you're saying I'm "stupid", then come on, show the evidence. Any evidence. Anything at all would be nice.
why would they find grain? It was obviously removed centuries after the needs or more common buildings were built. I don't believe anyone ever stated they were built directly for grain, just that grain might have been held in them. The fact is you have no idea. You just don't.

Carson said "Joseph built them to store grain'. Which is about as direct as you get.

And there's nothing, absolutely nothing to back that claim. The Egyptians already had grain storage. Why would they build a massive Pyramid that had virtually NO storage space?

Remember, the pyramid was 99.9% solid stone.
well you know that Joseph wasn't Egyptian right?

seriously?

It bothers me that conservatives *don't* think. As a 'granary' with virtually no room to store grain is thoughtless nonsense. And you won't question any of it. You won't think about the massive holes in such an idea. And you won't discuss it.

Worse, its contradicted by overwhelming evidence. And yet here you are polishing this turd of an argument.

Why?
dude I gave you photos how much area was/ is in a pyramid. And as Carson stated they were built hermetically sealed, isn't an explanation into burial.

seriously?

Why?
dude I gave you photos how much area was/ is in a pyramid. And as Carson stated they were built hermetically sealed, isn't an explanation into burial.

And we calculated it out, adding up all the internal volume of all internal structures and comparing it to the total volume of the pyramids.

The internal volume of all chambers, vaults, shafts, entry ways, everything......was 0.11% of the total volume of the pyramid. Barely 1/10th of 1%.

Meaning that the pyramid is 99.9% solid stone. Literally. The 'grainy' theory is just stupid. It doesn't match the evidence. It doesn't even make sense.

Why are you polishing this turd of an argument?

The Great pyramid has a total volume of 90,000,000 sq.ft. I haven't found the total volume of the interior chambers yet but they look comparatively miniscule compared to the whole. Nobody's accused the Egyptians of being retarded which they would of have to have been to build such giant structures to store a minor amount of grain.

khufu-interior-view.GIF

If you have more patience than I it probably wouldn't take long to get an accurate enough volume of the interior chambers volumes by these measurements to blow Carson's theory out of the water. I might give it a try tomorrow.

Dimensions of Interior Chambers
From measurements taken by Petrie and Rutherford

Ascending Passage
Height: 3.94 ft
Length: 97.6 ft
Width: 3.4 ft
Slope: 26°

Descending Passage:
Length: 344.3 ft
Slope: 26° 30’

Subterranean Chamber:
Length: 46.1 ft
Width: 26.9 ft

Dead End Passage Length: 53.8 ft

Grand Gallery
Height: 28.2 ft.
Length: 156.9 ft

King’s Chamber
Length: 34.38 ft
Width: 17.19 ft
Height (to floor surface): 17.1 ft
Height (to true base): 19.2 ft

Queen’s Chamber
Passage (first portion)
Height: 3.9 ft
Width: 3.4 ft.
Passage (second protion)
Height: 5.6
Length (E to W): 18.9 ft
Width (N to S): 17.19 ft
Height: 15.3 ft
Height to Apex: 20.3
Slope of ceiling: 30° 26’

Angle of “Air Shafts”
Queen’s Chamber
North: 39°
South: 39° 30’
King’s Chamber
North: 32° 28’
South: 45°

Lets figure it out.

The ascending passage is approximately 1400 cubic feet.
The descending passage is about 6300 cubic feet.
The subterranean chamber is 16100 cubic feet (*)
Dead end pasasge is about 750 cubic feet (**)
Grand Gallery is about 15,000 cubic feet.
Kings Chamber is about 11,500 cubic feet
The Relieving chambers are 32,000 cubic feet (***)
Queens Chamber (passages) 2400 cubic feet (****)
Queens chamber: about 5000 cubic feet
Airshafts (x4): about 2700 cubic feet *****

Total: 93, 150 cubic feet. And for any odds and ends we might have missed, lets round up to 100,000 cubic feet for all interior passageways, chambers, airshafts, etc.

With the total volume of the Great Giza pyramid being 90,000,000 cubic feet that means that the interior chambers, passageways, airshafts, galleries, deadends, everything....

....accounted for 0.11% of the internal volume.

What granary in history allocated only 1/10th of 1% of its volume to storage?

* (Measurements of the Great Pyramid puts the maximum height of the subterranean chamber at 3.94 meters or 13 feet.)

** using the width and height of other passages at 4' by 3.5'

*** Reveiling chambers above kings chamber are mostly filled with a series of nested stone rooves.

**** Using gizapyramid.com/measurements length of 125 feet with maximum height for full passage.

***** using longest length of 59 meters (194 ft), and dimensions of 0.7' x 0.7 feet. Four in total, northern and southern for king, another set for queen.

The Great pyramid has a total volume of 90,000,000 sq.ft. I haven't found the total volume of the interior chambers yet but they look comparatively miniscule compared to the whole. Nobody's accused the Egyptians of being retarded which they would of have to have been to build such giant structures to store a minor amount of grain.

khufu-interior-view.GIF

If you have more patience than I it probably wouldn't take long to get an accurate enough volume of the interior chambers volumes by these measurements to blow Carson's theory out of the water. I might give it a try tomorrow.

Ascending Passage

Descending Passage:

Subterranean Chamber:

Grand Gallery

King’s Chamber

Queen’s Chamber
Passage (first portion)
Passage (second protion)

Angle of “Air Shafts”
Queen’s Chamber
King’s Chamber

Lets figure it out.

Total: 93, 150 cubic feet. And for any odds and ends we might have missed, lets round up to 100,000 cubic feet for all interior passageways, chambers, airshafts, etc.

With the total volume of the Great Giza pyramid being 90,000,000 cubic feet that means that the interior chambers, passageways, airshafts, galleries, deadends, everything....

* (Measurements of the Great Pyramid puts the maximum height of the subterranean chamber at 3.94 meters or 13 feet.)

*** Reveiling chambers above kings chamber are mostly filled with a series of nested stone rooves.

**** Using gizapyramid.com/measurements length of 125 feet with maximum height for full passage.

***** using longest length of 59 meters (194 ft), and dimensions of 0.7' x 0.7 feet. Four in total, northern and southern for king, another set for queen.
dude, I already posted different photos of the inside of the pyramids. Stay focused.

And again, only one pharaoh was buried in all of the pyramids.

khufu-interior-view.GIF

Ascending Passage

Descending Passage:

Subterranean Chamber:

Grand Gallery

King’s Chamber

Queen’s Chamber
Passage (first portion)
Passage (second protion)

Angle of “Air Shafts”
Queen’s Chamber
King’s Chamber

Lets figure it out.

dude, I already posted different photos of the inside of the pyramids. Stay focused.

And I calculated the actual internal volume using the measurements of all internal chambers.

It was 0.11% of the total volume of the pyramid. Who would make a granary that has only 1/10 of 1% of its internal volume for storage?

Again, the granary theory is just stupid. Its factually baseless nor does it make the slightest sense.

THINK.

khufu-interior-view.GIF

Ascending Passage

Descending Passage:

Subterranean Chamber:

Grand Gallery

King’s Chamber

Queen’s Chamber
Passage (first portion)
Passage (second protion)

Angle of “Air Shafts”
Queen’s Chamber
King’s Chamber

Lets figure it out.

And I calculated the actual internal volume using the measurements of all internal chambers.

It was 0.11% of the total volume of the pyramid. Who would make a granary that has only 1/10 of 1% of its internal volume for storage?

Again, the granary theory is just stupid. Its factually baseless nor does it make the slightest sense.

THINK.
and hermetically sealed. Perfect for grain.

khufu-interior-view.GIF

Ascending Passage

Descending Passage:

Subterranean Chamber:

Grand Gallery

King’s Chamber

Queen’s Chamber
Passage (first portion)
Passage (second protion)

Angle of “Air Shafts”
Queen’s Chamber
King’s Chamber

Lets figure it out.

THINK.

Perfect for grain....says who? Hermetically sealed according to who? Again, the Pyramids weren't hollow. They were 99.9% solid stone.

Worse for you, the Egyptians already had granaries. They were small, beehive shaped structures or brick lined holes in the ground. Why would they spend a generation building a structure that almost NO room for storage?

THINK.

khufu-interior-view.GIF

Ascending Passage

Descending Passage:

Subterranean Chamber:

Grand Gallery

King’s Chamber

Queen’s Chamber
Passage (first portion)
Passage (second protion)

Angle of “Air Shafts”
Queen’s Chamber
King’s Chamber

Lets figure it out.

THINK.

Perfect for grain....says who? Hermetically sealed according to who? Again, the Pyramids weren't hollow. They were 99.9% solid stone.

Worse for you, the Egyptians already had granaries. They were small, beehive shaped structures or brick lined holes in the ground. Why would they spend a generation building a structure that almost NO room for storage?

THINK.
why don't we just make style car and sell it? Why do our houses today look so much different than those built back in the day? Progress? hmmmm

Lets figure it out.

THINK.

THINK.
why don't we just make style car and sell it? Why do our houses today look so much different than those built back in the day? Progress? hmmmm

So the Egyptians didn't know *how* to build a granary that offered more than 0.11% of its internal volume for storage?

Because that's the only way your bizarro theory works.

Oh, and how do we know that the Egyptians used pyramids to bury their dead? They told us:

The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts
then why didn't they?

They did. Read the translation of the texts where the ancient Egyptians explain why and for whom they built pyramids.

Notice the stark lack of any mention of 'granaries' anywhere. You're litereally pulling that out of your ass, backed by absolutely nothing.

For fuck's sake....the pyramids were 99.9% solid stone. A granary that has virtually NO storage space? That is the stupidest theory I've ever heard.

Why are you polishing this absolute turd of a theory? Because Carson told you to?

THINK.

THINK.

So the Egyptians didn't know *how* to build a granary that offered more than 0.11% of its internal volume for storage?

Because that's the only way your bizarro theory works.
I gave you photos of how much space there was/ is in a pyramid, and again, why weren't but one person buried in them? You failed to answer that now seven to ten times.

Forum List

Back