Ben Stein Stumps Richard Dawkins.

The Big Bang is the expansion phase in the cycle of the universe of energy, and the Big Crunch is the compression phase. Gravity is the engine.

I'll be honest, I've not paid that much attention to the New Age religions.....they lack cohesion.......obviously then your "Big Crunch" is pre-Big Bang but post Time Origination......you've said energy created matter at the Big Bang.......what was gravity crunching and what generated gravity......generally speaking, gravity is a product of large masses of matter, which hadn't been created yet......
If you WERE honest, you would admit you know nothing about time.

I said energy = matter times a constant e=mc2. All mass, no matter the size, is attracted to another, that is grammar school science. You are beyond communication.

/shrugs....but I am fairly certain I know about time but you do not.....after all, you think it simply started without cause....

as to matter being attracted to other matter, you overlook the fact that in your "crunch" matter does not yet exist....all you have is energy.......what then causes the attraction?.....

I'll be honest, I've not paid that much attention to the New Age religions.....they lack cohesion.......obviously then your "Big Crunch" is pre-Big Bang but post Time Origination......you've said energy created matter at the Big Bang.......what was gravity crunching and what generated gravity......generally speaking, gravity is a product of large masses of matter, which hadn't been created yet......

I said energy = matter times a constant e=mc2. All mass, no matter the size, is attracted to another, that is grammar school science. You are beyond communication.

energy = matter times a constant e=mc2

If energy is "matter X a constant" then how is energy described or defined if there is no matter?

precisely!....

Just a couple of questions for "Big Bang" theorists?

1) Approximately what area of space did the Big Bang take place? Which sun, planets, etc. are closest to that location?

2) Is it logical to believe that the particles flying away from a major explosion would become round rather than jagged-edged?

3) If time has a beginning but energy is timeless what time was it a year before time began?
Another who does not understand space/time. Time exists only in terms of motion. The moment "before" the Big Bang the universe of energy was neither expanding nor contracting and for that singularity, time did not exist. Space/time began with the Big Bang, any previous space/time was obliterated in the singularity.

Imagine tossing a ball straight up in the air. As it rises it slows down and at its apex, for a singular moment it is neither rising or falling, like the singularity of the universe neither expanding from the Big Bang or contracting to the Big Crunch.

The Big Bang is not an explosion, as the name suggests.

obviously, if there is no time it does not "slow down".....such a description would be meaningless without time......you also couldn't reference movement....where something is from one moment to the next has no context if there are no "moments".......

???....can you see the error in your reasoning?.......you've made a mismash of the roles in the two stories.....instead of seeing us as the child in the burning building you're trying to turn us into the fire that killed the fireman......we didn't "agree" to anything before Jesus went to the cross, just as the child did not agree to go into a burning building and wait for a fireman to come along......
You didn't commit any evil before Jesus "went to the cross" either. To be "saved" you must agree to accept an innocent punished in your place. Again, the fireman analogy is meaningless.

not at all.....again, imagine the firefighter rescues the child but dies from injuries sustained......imagine also that the fire began because the child was playing with matches.....can the child honor the sacrifice of the fireman who saved his life by calling him morally bankrupt?.....also, oddly, the ones who are punishing the innocent who chose to make the sacrifice are those who are rejecting him, thus making it meaningless at least as far as they are concerned.....
Geezzzz, the fireman does not go into the house with the specific purpose of dieing. And it is not the sacrificial victim who is morally bankrupt, but the person who agrees to have an innocent punished in their place.

/shrugs....but I am fairly certain I know about time but you do not.....after all, you think it simply started without cause....

as to matter being attracted to other matter, you overlook the fact that in your "crunch" matter does not yet exist....all you have is energy.......what then causes the attraction?.....

I said no such thing! In fact I said the exact opposite, energy/matter always exists! Obviously there is no way to communicate with you.

Has no bearing on the fact that Dawkins admitted a possibility of God. I can't speak to Ben Stein's methodology.
There is a possibility for many gods. You have one version of gods which predominate in your familial surroundings and geographic location. Others within different surroundings and geographic locations have vastly different configurations of gods.

All of those gods and to include gods that will eventually replace your gods are all possible.

It's false to suggest your gods are the only possible gods.

I only have one God as there can only be one God. All else and others falls under Him and His jurisdiction.

There can only be one First Cause. The First Cause could not have been caused else it would be the second cause. So, there can only be one that that One is eternal.

Hear O Israel, the Lord thy G-d is One. Not many. ONE. G-d is the G-d of Israel. Is there any other G-d? No. I know not ANY. Amen.

energy = matter times a constant e=mc2

If energy is "matter X a constant" then how is energy described or defined if there is no matter?

precisely!....
Damn, you are dense!
energy = matter = energy = matter
they are equal

What time was it 5 years before time began? It would seem to me that if "existence" is eternal then time is eternal as well (using your scientific methodology).

Time is a perceived construct from our frame of reference. Both the Bible and scientific research reflect this.

That's true in the sense that it confirms the completely human origin of the bibles and gods. One or more gods could have snapped their eternal digits and *poofed* all of creation into existence in a mere instant (as it appears happened via the un-supernatural Big Bang), as opposed to taking days for supernatural creation.

The writers of the bibles used language and time frames completely in concert with the limited science vocabulary available at the time.

But that doesn't prove God is a human creation.

Time is a perceived construct from our frame of reference. Both the Bible and scientific research reflect this.

That's true in the sense that it confirms the completely human origin of the bibles and gods. One or more gods could have snapped their eternal digits and *poofed* all of creation into existence in a mere instant (as it appears happened via the un-supernatural Big Bang), as opposed to taking days for supernatural creation.

The writers of the bibles used language and time frames completely in concert with the limited science vocabulary available at the time.

Religionists prove over and over their gods are of human creation. Religionists assert the various human attributes of their gods and not the anthropomorphic ones-- they assert their gods are perfection and then assign to those gods emotions like love, jealousy, anger, vengeance, and so on. Each of those attributes assumes some lack or need that is required to be satisfied.

Religionists are the one assigning human attributes to their gods. It's a limit on their nature. Think about it. These gods exist as gods of love and mercy (even though most of them behave in ways that are cruel and vengeful), and religionists shove them into a human timeline and a human paradigm.

Religionists prove over and over their gods are of human creation. Religionists assert the various human attributes of their gods and not the anthropomorphic ones-- they assert their gods are perfection and then assign to those gods emotions like love, jealousy, anger, vengeance, and so on. Each of those attributes assumes some lack or need that is required to be satisfied.

Religionists are the one assigning human attributes to their gods. It's a limit on their nature. Think about it. These gods exist as gods of love and mercy (even though most of them behave in ways that are cruel and vengeful), and religionists shove them into a human timeline and a human paradigm.
While actually contradicting each other!

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4) Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up,
5) does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury.
6) It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.
7) It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Na 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

Ex 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Ex 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

1Jo 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
KJV

Conjecture from emotional opinions is not scientific proof.

You can't prove God is a human creation.

You didn't commit any evil before Jesus "went to the cross" either. To be "saved" you must agree to accept an innocent punished in your place. Again, the fireman analogy is meaningless.

not at all.....again, imagine the firefighter rescues the child but dies from injuries sustained......imagine also that the fire began because the child was playing with matches.....can the child honor the sacrifice of the fireman who saved his life by calling him morally bankrupt?.....also, oddly, the ones who are punishing the innocent who chose to make the sacrifice are those who are rejecting him, thus making it meaningless at least as far as they are concerned.....
Geezzzz, the fireman does not go into the house with the specific purpose of dieing. And it is not the sacrificial victim who is morally bankrupt, but the person who agrees to have an innocent punished in their place.

but that is specifically what you claimed.....you said God was morally bankrupt and he WAS the sacrificial victim....

I said no such thing! In fact I said the exact opposite, energy/matter always exists! Obviously there is no way to communicate with you.

no.....you said....

Energy has always existed and everything in the universe comes from it.

obviously then, there was a time when there was energy and not matter.....what event triggered the formation of matter by energy.....

Last edited:
Last edited:

edthecynic says that energy and matter are both eternal but that time has a specific beginning. That makes absolutely ZERO sense so I've been asking him how he can reach that conclusion.
Actually it makes perfect sense if you understand that time only exists in terms of motion.

What makes perfect sense is that edthecynic is an ignorant dumbass who don't know what he is talking about.

There are 2 sets of time. Our time is measured by it's speed. Outside of our dimensions, time is eternal. An indication of eternal time is described in the Bible. If you put a cloth in the mouth of a bird and the bird lets the cloth glide over a mountain, by the time the mountain is worn away to sea level, not one second of eternal time has passed. That's a long time to live in darkness or the light.

but that is specifically what you claimed.....you said God was morally bankrupt and he WAS the sacrificial victim....
Liar!

precisely!....
Damn, you are dense!
energy = matter = energy = matter
they are equal

energy may equal matter in that particular equation if the variable c=1.....that is different from energy being matter....

c is NOT a variable!!!!
c is a constant, and it equals the speed of light.
All the e=mc2 equation means is a small amount of mass equals a very large amount of energy. The fact remains matter and energy are equal.

Last edited:

Conjecture from emotional opinions is not scientific proof.

You can't prove God is a human creation.

I'm not the one screeching out emotional opinions as to the existence of gods. That is done by religionists.

I'm not the one specifically attributing human emotions to the gods. That was done by the writers of the bibles.

While you do recognize that the postulation of your gods raises paradoxes, you don’t seem to understand that human logic is the only mechanism available to recognize and to address the paradox. Is there a supernatural logic that we can access to address supernatural paradoxes?

The truly pitiable part of the ideological cowardice embraced by religionists is that they require an unsolvable paradox to exist because that relieves you of the burdensome task of taking responsibility for your actions and the world you create. It requires you to abdicate reason in the face of fear. Any god who rewards fear over reason is not worthy of worship.

Forum List

Back