Ben Stein Stumps Richard Dawkins.

After a huge explosion what is left? Design or chaos? How many explosions recorded in man's history resulted in fully functional, operational system?

We may a well expect to see a 747 Jet "created" as a result of a tornado rampaging through a junkyard.
I shot down the explosion rationalization presented in your video, and you ran away from it then, it is no more valid now then then.

Must have missed it but I'm sure it was interesting. But chaos never has nor ever will create a functioning design. It's a completely illogical conclusion to reach.

You want us to believe that energy is eternal but you just can't bring yourself to believe that intelligence is eternal. Why? Because you don't have any tangible evidence but can you actually see intelligence at this moment? Nope! You can only measure intelligence by what is created by it.

The Empire State Building; a Maserati; and a Shakespeare play are all results of planning and intelligence. Nobody in his right mind would consider for even a second that any of the above just happened by pure mistake and chance.

Now compare the simplicity of a Maserati to the complexity of a universe or a living cell and the logical mind can only conclude that these natural designs are the result of a vastly clear, expansive, and powerful mind.

After a huge explosion what is left? Design or chaos? How many explosions recorded in man's history resulted in fully functional, operational system?

We may a well expect to see a 747 Jet "created" as a result of a tornado rampaging through a junkyard.
I shot down the explosion rationalization presented in your video, and you ran away from it then, it is no more valid now then then.

Must have missed it but I'm sure it was interesting. But chaos never has nor ever will create a functioning design. It's a completely illogical conclusion to reach.

You want us to believe that energy is eternal but you just can't bring yourself to believe that intelligence is eternal. Why? Because you don't have any tangible evidence but can you actually see intelligence at this moment? Nope! You can only measure intelligence by what is created by it.

The Empire State Building; a Maserati; and a Shakespeare play are all results of planning and intelligence. Nobody in his right mind would consider for even a second that any of the above just happened by pure mistake and chance.

Now compare the simplicity of a Maserati to the complexity of a universe or a living cell and the logical mind can only conclude that these natural designs are the result of a vastly clear, expansive, and powerful mind.
The FACT that energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a proven fact, no faith or belief involved. The FLoT was proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule, you need only repeat his experiment, as I did in my college physics course, and prove it for yourself.

In your video they claimed there was no example of an explosion increasing complexity. I gave a simple example, mixing H2 and O2 together, which results in an explosion and a more complex molecule H2O is produced without a designer.

The FACT that energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a proven fact, no faith or belief involved.

/shrugs.....that humans are incapable of creating energy may be a proven fact......that means nothing at all with respect to my beliefs.....

The FACT that energy can neither be created nor destroyed is a proven fact, no faith or belief involved. The FLoT was proven with a repeatable experiment by James Prescott Joule, you need only repeat his experiment, as I did in my college physics course, and prove it for yourself.

In your video they claimed there was no example of an explosion increasing complexity. I gave a simple example, mixing H2 and O2 together, which results in an explosion and a more complex molecule H2O is produced without a designer.

H2 and O2 are elements -- not energy. I suppose that you believe H2 and O2 are eternal. If so, do you believe that because you can see no other choice or because you have some sort of scientific evidence that Hydrogen and Oxygen are eternal? Can H2 and O2 self replicate like living cells? Where did all the eternal elements hang out prior to the Big Bang?

What impossible miracle took place first?: The appearance of animal (for lack of a better term) organism or a plant organism? Did plants have the same inorganic "parents" as animals?

Where did all the eternal elements hang out prior to the Big Bang?

They didn't exist prior to the Big Bang. All of the subatomic particles in the universe already existed, just in an almost infinitely hot and dense state (aka the singularity). After the Big Bang and the inflation of the universe started, enough space between particles allowed the particles to cool down to the point that quarks became protons and neutrons which in time became Hydrogen and Helium which eventually formed stars which fused and became every other element.

H2 and O2 are elements -- not energy. I suppose that you believe H2 and O2 are eternal. If so, do you believe that because you can see no other choice or because you have some sort of scientific evidence that Hydrogen and Oxygen are eternal? Can H2 and O2 self replicate like living cells? Where did all the eternal elements hang out prior to the Big Bang?
H2 and O2 are matter and matter is concentrated energy.

Try again.

What impossible miracle took place first?: The appearance of animal (for lack of a better term) organism or a plant organism? Did plants have the same inorganic "parents" as animals?

There's nothing impossible about the fossil record. Micro fossils of simple eukaryotes date back about 3.5 billion years.

The term used above will leave you befuddled so you will need to do some research on your own.

A true miracle would be exampled by you (and a few others in this thread), actually completing a GED program that included some basic introduction to chemistry and biology.

Last edited:

Except on a quantum level

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v474/n7349/full/nature10123.html

Do Black Holes Destroy Information? - The Nature of Reality

They didn't exist prior to the Big Bang. All of the subatomic particles in the universe already existed, just in an almost infinitely hot and dense state (aka the singularity). After the Big Bang and the inflation of the universe started, enough space between particles allowed the particles to cool down to the point that quarks became protons and neutrons which in time became Hydrogen and Helium which eventually formed stars which fused and became every other element.

And **poof** non-matter become matter. It's a miracle! Your faith is great!

There's nothing impossible about the fossil record. Micro fossils of simple eukaryotes date back about 3.5 billion years.

The term used above will leave you befuddled so you will need to do some research on your own.

A true miracle would be exampled by you (and a few others in this thread), actually completing a GED program that included some basic introduction to chemistry and biology.

And yet there's literally millions and millions of MISSING links. Where or where might they have run off to. Oh well ... it doesn't matter. Science will prove their existence "some day."

And yet there's literally millions and millions of MISSING links. Where or where might they have run off to. Oh well ... it doesn't matter. Science will prove their existence "some day."

I'm afraid the "misssing link" nonsense, as applied to the human fosill record, is a 1920's vintage slogan that has no merit in the lexicon of paleontology.

There is a modern synthetic theory of evolution that terrifies the hyper-religious because it continues to explore and learn. It is a synthesis of many scientific fields (biology, population genetics, paleontology, embryology, geology, zoology, microbiology, botany, and related fields of study).

As noted in the linked article, this discovery was published in relevant scientific journals so it can be subject to peer review.

I was hoping you could tell us a bit about the research being performed and published by Answers in Genesis, the ICR, Discovery Institute, Creation Ministries, etc, in connection with biblical tales of a global flood, Noah's Ark, dead men rising, seas parting and snakes talking.

Fossil Hominids: Ardi (ARA-VP-6/500)

ARA-VP-6/500, "Ardi", Ardipithecus ramidus

Discovered by a team led by Tim White in 1994 at Aramis in Ethiopia (White et al. 2009; Gibbons 2009). Its age is about 4.4 million years. Ardi is a spectacularly complete fossil. About 45% of her skeleton was found, including most of the skull, pelvis, hands and feet, and many limb bones. She was about 120 cm (3'11") tall and weighed about 50 kg (110 lbs).

Usually significant new fossils have a paper published describing them, or perhaps two, one devoted to the fossil and one to its geological setting. In this case, the ramidus team, in a scientific tour de force, have released 11 papers simultaneously in the journal Science. These cover the fossil, various specialized aspects of its anatomy, the geology, the environment in which it lived, and its implications for the human evolution.
Creationists have, of course, commented on this new fossil (e.g. Answers in Genesis, the ICR, Discovery Institute, Creation Ministries). But, exciting as this find is for scientists, it won't have much significance in the creation/evolution debate. For creationists, this is unquestionably an ape. It is, after all, more primitive than other australopithecine fossils that they already classify as apes, so the hominid features in pelvis, teeth, locomotion aren't going to concern them at all.

There was one quote from the Institute for Creation Research which I thought interesting:
There is still no solid evidence to support the fanciful idea that humans evolved from primates. This stands to reason, since mankind was specially created from the beginning.

That sums up the usual creationist attitude: evidence is irrelevant. No fossil can possibly be evidence for human evolution, no matter what it looks like, because they already know that evolution didn't happen.

I'm afraid the "misssing link" nonsense, as applied to the human fosill record, is a 1920's vintage slogan that has no merit in the lexicon of paleontology.

There is a modern synthetic theory of evolution that terrifies the hyper-religious because it continues to explore and learn. It is a synthesis of many scientific fields (biology, population genetics, paleontology, embryology, geology, zoology, microbiology, botany, and related fields of study).

As noted in the linked article, this discovery was published in relevant scientific journals so it can be subject to peer review.

I was hoping you could tell us a bit about the research being performed and published by Answers in Genesis, the ICR, Discovery Institute, Creation Ministries, etc, in connection with biblical tales of a global flood, Noah's Ark, dead men rising, seas parting and snakes talking.

Discovered by a team led by Tim White in 1994 at Aramis in Ethiopia (White et al. 2009; Gibbons 2009). Its age is about 4.4 million years. Ardi is a spectacularly complete fossil. About 45% of her skeleton was found, including most of the skull, pelvis, hands and feet, and many limb bones. She was about 120 cm (3'11") tall and weighed about 50 kg (110 lbs).

Usually significant new fossils have a paper published describing them, or perhaps two, one devoted to the fossil and one to its geological setting. In this case, the ramidus team, in a scientific tour de force, have released 11 papers simultaneously in the journal Science. These cover the fossil, various specialized aspects of its anatomy, the geology, the environment in which it lived, and its implications for the human evolution.
Creationists have, of course, commented on this new fossil (e.g. Answers in Genesis, the ICR, Discovery Institute, Creation Ministries). But, exciting as this find is for scientists, it won't have much significance in the creation/evolution debate. For creationists, this is unquestionably an ape. It is, after all, more primitive than other australopithecine fossils that they already classify as apes, so the hominid features in pelvis, teeth, locomotion aren't going to concern them at all.

There was one quote from the Institute for Creation Research which I thought interesting:
There is still no solid evidence to support the fanciful idea that humans evolved from primates. This stands to reason, since mankind was specially created from the beginning.

That sums up the usual creationist attitude: evidence is irrelevant. No fossil can possibly be evidence for human evolution, no matter what it looks like, because they already know that evolution didn't happen.

Lots of words and yet the links are still missing. Sorry ... no evidence means it didn't happen (using your own logic).

**poof*'ing is appropriate only in timelines of super-magical creation. It only took six days for all of existence to be **poofed** into its complete form, at least according to one account of creation by one version of religious doctrine.

On the other hand, geologic time frames are represented by billions of years and complex interactions of naturally occurring chemical elements.

Those time frames of billions years clash with the beliefs of literalist/fundie Christians but a literal genesis/biblical creation account is refuted by facts and evidence.

**poof*'ing is appropriate only in timelines of super-magical creation. It only took six days for all of existence to be **poofed** into its complete form, at least according to one account of creation by one version of religious doctrine.

On the other hand, geologic time frames are represented by billions of years and complex interactions of naturally occurring chemical elements.

Those time frames of billions years clash with the beliefs of literalist/fundie Christians but a literal genesis/biblical creation account is refuted by facts and evidence.

And **poof** nothingness created a universe just like magic. For no particular reason. Then **poof** inanimate, non-organic matter just **poof** created life out of the blue for no particular reason. It's a magical miracle. Even more miraculous is that these chaotic mistakes just **poof** created all these intricate designs without even so much as a simple blueprint. **Poof** it's a miracle of miracles.

Lots of words and yet the links are still missing. Sorry ... no evidence means it didn't happen (using your own logic).

Lots of sidestepping as to what "links" are missing. As noted, even the most extreme of the creation ministries have avoided the nonsensical "links" term.

Otherwise, you also sidestepped any accounting of the research being done by fundamentalist creation ministries. That's because there is none. So here's your chance at raising your boat-anchor of an argument. Why not give us some research data performed by Answers in Genesis, the ICR, Discovery Institute, Creation Ministries, etc., in connection with the fossil remains of Ardipithecus ramidus?

Sorry.... no evidence means exactly that: no evidence. Your desperate attempts to avoid addressing obvious deficiencies in your claims to supernaturalism causes you to falsely and deliberately misrepresent the statements of others.

We call that lying.

I would have thought that a grownup, or maybe your first grade teacher would have explained to you what lying is and why it's wrong.

Lots of sidestepping as to what "links" are missing. As noted, even the most extreme of the creation ministries have avoided the nonsensical "links" term.

Otherwise, you also sidestepped any accounting of the research being done by fundamentalist creation ministries. That's because there is none. So here's your chance at raising your boat-anchor of an argument. Why not give us some research data performed by Answers in Genesis, the ICR, Discovery Institute, Creation Ministries, etc., in connection with the fossil remains of Ardipithecus ramidus?

Sorry.... no evidence means exactly that: no evidence. Your desperate attempts to avoid addressing obvious deficiencies in your claims to supernaturalism causes you to falsely and deliberately misrepresent the statements of others.

We call that lying.

I would have thought that a grownup, or maybe your first grade teacher would have explained to you what lying is and why it's wrong.

And **poof**, Holly's "evidence" has gone "missing" so, **poof**, she simply pretends that it doesn't matter. It's a miracle.

And **poof** nothingness created a universe just like magic. For no particular reason. Then **poof** inanimate, non-organic matter just **poof** created life out of the blue for no particular reason. It's a magical miracle. Even more miraculous is that these chaotic mistakes just **poof** created all these intricate designs without even so much as a simple blueprint. **Poof** it's a miracle of miracles.

You might be interested to learn that a major disruption in matter and energy is what caused the expansion of the universe. The background radiation of the "Big Bang" has been measured. The laws of physics as we understand them even apply to Planck time, just fractions of a second before the expansion.

Nothing known to science accounts for magic, supernatural intervention or the hand of your gods (or other, more powerful gods), **poofing** anything.

You might be interested to learn that a major disruption in matter and energy is what caused the expansion of the universe. The background radiation of the "Big Bang" has been measured. The laws of physics as we understand them even apply to Planck time, just fractions of a second before the expansion.

Nothing known to science accounts for magic, supernatural intervention or the hand of your gods (or other, more powerful gods), **poofing** anything.

All speculative and theoretical. You still can't explain the "why." You still can't explain what the very first cause was. You still can't explain how nothing created everything. It still requires "faith" on your part to accept your religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back