Benghazi: Most people..just dont care! Give it up already.

What did you care more about this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there is a point to be made when the right has distorted a serious issue like this and turned it into a political witch hunt with lies, conspiracy theories and all the rest, and basically will accept any explanation floating out there with no proof as long as it makes Obama look bad.

It is even more ridiculous when they completely deflect 9-11 or the Iraq War by blaming Clinton and Congress-anybody but Bush.

Then if the rest of us don't want to accept the wild stories going on about Benghazi and are waiting for the facts, we are somehow just protecting Obama.

If you can't see the blatant hypocrisy here, you are blind as hell.

We are approaching 2 years since the Fast and Furious controversy. The right was criticized for staging a witch hunt and were told by the left to sit back and let the investigation come to a completion so all the facts will come out.

Have any facts yet?

The only facts I know of so far are the following:

1) The US government was smuggling arms acrss the border of an ally and selling those guns to the enemy of that ally without the ally government being aware.

2) When a country sells guns to the enemy of another country, it is deemed as an act of war against that country. (trhe Mexican government declared the drug cartels of Mexico enemies of the Mexican Government several years ago)

3) The President of the United States claimed to have known nothing about the fact that we were committing an act of war against an ally.

4) The attorney General claimed that he was a very busy man and therefore could not be aware of all operations...and therefore was not aware of the fact that the united states was engaged in an operation that can be deemed an act of war against an ally.

5) To this day, no one has released the name of the individual who deemed it not important to inform the attorney general that the US goivernment was engaged in an operation that can be deemed an act of war against an ally.

and then, of course, I have this question....

If an operation that can be deemed an act of war against an ally is not important enough for the AG to know about...what operations WOULD be deemed important enough?

And finally...

The GOP was called out for staging a witch hunt becuase they wanted to know how this happened.

And the democratic party mambers of congress made it clear that they had no interest in finding out how it happened.

I'm sorry, I thought this was the hundreth or so thread on Benghazi, not Fast and Furious which was another failed witch hunt by the right.

Ah, but we do...we just don't think it needs to be made into a witch hunt or political theater. Yes, investigate the security failures. Is that what Fox and the RW media is doing? No, they are floating ridiculous conspiracy theories like the President watched a video of the attack. Seriously?

It's too late to take anything seriously. Fox has made a mockery of the issue.

First.. where are ANY democrats asking anything about what happened in Benghazi? I don't believe that I've heard anyone in the government media ask any questions about it at all.

Second.. If Obama was in the situation room, then he would have seen the video as it was being streamed by the drone beginning about an hour after the initial assault on the consulate. If Obama wasn't in the situation room, what was he doing that was more important than dealing with an ongoing attack on a U.S. consulate and a CIA facility?

The only mockery that has been made is that this incident has shown that the government media channels no longer credible as a source for real news, and that people like you care more for your partisanship than you do for the truth.

Perhaps one reason you don't hear any democrats asking about what happened is you don't listen very hard. Another reason might be that if there was a rational, mature inquiry by the republicans one could hear people talk but as the it is all anyone hears is, "OBAMA COVERUP", "THEY LET THEM DIE", "RICE", "RICE", "RICE".

Want to provide some links to those democrats trying to find out what happened in Benghazi?

I think there is a point to be made when the right has distorted a serious issue like this and turned it into a political witch hunt with lies, conspiracy theories and all the rest, and basically will accept any explanation floating out there with no proof as long as it makes Obama look bad.

It is even more ridiculous when they completely deflect 9-11 or the Iraq War by blaming Clinton and Congress-anybody but Bush.

Then if the rest of us don't want to accept the wild stories going on about Benghazi and are waiting for the facts, we are somehow just protecting Obama.

Please list the lies and consiracy theories that you're talking about I"m confused.

All you have to do is open the hundred or more threads on this to find them but I'll list a couple for you.

1) Obama watched while it went down.

2) The administration covered up the fact AQ was involved so that they didn't look weak on terror before an election.

There are more, but that's a start and I've seen no verifiable proof of either of the above.

So anything coming out of the WH is the truth huh??

Plenty of facts out there right now. Rice did as she was told and lied her ass off about some video no one heard about or saw.

The CIA said it was AQ and some anonymous someone in the administration changed the facts. The administration blamed it on a video. Facts one and all.

If you can't see blatant hypocrisy here, you are blind as hell.

Nowhere did I say everything coming out of the WH is the truth nor did I say it was a lie like you and so many others are claiming.

I said the investigation is ongoing.

How do you know there was a cover up and someone in the administration changed the talking points and decided to blame it on a video? Is there proof there was someone in the administration behind this and Obama knew about it and was o.k. with it?

We are approaching 2 years since the Fast and Furious controversy. The right was criticized for staging a witch hunt and were told by the left to sit back and let the investigation come to a completion so all the facts will come out.

Have any facts yet?

1) The US government was smuggling arms acrss the border of an ally and selling those guns to the enemy of that ally without the ally government being aware.

2) When a country sells guns to the enemy of another country, it is deemed as an act of war against that country. (trhe Mexican government declared the drug cartels of Mexico enemies of the Mexican Government several years ago)

3) The President of the United States claimed to have known nothing about the fact that we were committing an act of war against an ally.

4) The attorney General claimed that he was a very busy man and therefore could not be aware of all operations...and therefore was not aware of the fact that the united states was engaged in an operation that can be deemed an act of war against an ally.

5) To this day, no one has released the name of the individual who deemed it not important to inform the attorney general that the US goivernment was engaged in an operation that can be deemed an act of war against an ally.

If an operation that can be deemed an act of war against an ally is not important enough for the AG to know about...what operations WOULD be deemed important enough?

And finally...

The GOP was called out for staging a witch hunt becuase they wanted to know how this happened.

And the democratic party mambers of congress made it clear that they had no interest in finding out how it happened.

I'm sorry, I thought this was the hundreth or so thread on Benghazi, not Fast and Furious which was another failed witch hunt by the right.

How does Fast & Furious qualify as a "witch hunt" exactly? Did the US government "not" let guns walk to Mexican drug cartels without informing the Mexican government? Was a US Border Patrolman "not" killed with one of those weapons? Did the Obama Administration "not" stonewall the investigation, refusing to release documents to Congressional investigators?

You see, a "witch hunt" by definition is "a rigorous campaign to round up or expose dissenters on the pretext of safeguarding the welfare of the public". Neither Fast & Furious nor the deaths in Benghazi even remotely fall under that heading. The welfare of the public in both cases were endangered by policies set forth by the Obama Administration and when people were in fact killed because of those policies, the Obama Administration did everything it could to stonewall the investigations of both incidents.

Lawyers for guilty parties have long stood on courtroom steps and declared that their clients were the victims of a "witch hunt"! Their claims generally have about as much validity as yours...which is to say...NONE. The Obama Administration are "victims" of their own incompetence.

Last edited:

Please list the lies and consiracy theories that you're talking about I"m confused.

All you have to do is open the hundred or more threads on this to find them but I'll list a couple for you.

2) The administration covered up the fact AQ was involved so that they didn't look weak on terror before an election.

There are more, but that's a start and I've seen no verifiable proof of either of the above.

If you really DON'T think that the Obama Administration covered up the fact that Al Queda was involved in the Benghazi attacks so they didn't look weak on terror right before an election...then I find you to be one VERY naive poster.

First.. where are ANY democrats asking anything about what happened in Benghazi? I don't believe that I've heard anyone in the government media ask any questions about it at all.

Second.. If Obama was in the situation room, then he would have seen the video as it was being streamed by the drone beginning about an hour after the initial assault on the consulate. If Obama wasn't in the situation room, what was he doing that was more important than dealing with an ongoing attack on a U.S. consulate and a CIA facility?

The only mockery that has been made is that this incident has shown that the government media channels no longer credible as a source for real news, and that people like you care more for your partisanship than you do for the truth.

Perhaps one reason you don't hear any democrats asking about what happened is you don't listen very hard. Another reason might be that if there was a rational, mature inquiry by the republicans one could hear people talk but as the it is all anyone hears is, "OBAMA COVERUP", "THEY LET THEM DIE", "RICE", "RICE", "RICE".

Want to provide some links to those democrats trying to find out what happened in Benghazi?

robot_greeting_1.jpg

Not only that but there's been embassy attacks under virtually every American President since the beginning of the 20th century. This stuff happens and there's actually been less attacks on embassies under Obama than under Bush or Clinton. Yes it's a tragedy and yes we need to know what happened. But once it got thrown in the right wing spin machine, the majority of the country just tuned out.

I agree this happened. I think it is unfortunate this happened though. This reminds me a lot of the USS Cole bombing. People died, no one cared, nothing was done about it, and ultimately the same folks ended up going forward with 9/11.

I think that we haven't heard the end of this.

Have any facts yet?

And finally...

Typical left wing idiot who prefers to be in the dark as opposed to finding out what our government does on our behalf....
So what do you do?
As opposed to address the post you actually make a total ass of yourself by doing exactly what my post was pointing out.

You are another waste of my time...so on ignore you go so I dont need to see your assinine childish gibberish as I try to engage in an honest debate.

Ah, but we do...we just don't think it needs to be made into a witch hunt or political theater. Yes, investigate the security failures. Is that what Fox and the RW media is doing? No, they are floating ridiculous conspiracy theories like the President watched a video of the attack. Seriously?

Really?

You sure of that?

The same thing happened with Fast and Furious...the right wanted answers and the left said it was a witch hunt. The right asked the left why they dont want answers and the left said we will get them through the investigation.

OK....2 years later.....any answers?

If you really DON'T think that the Obama Administration covered up the fact that Al Queda was involved in the Benghazi attacks so they didn't look weak on terror right before an election...then I find you to be one VERY naive poster.

What I find naive is that you think this is true with no proof of it. I'm thinking because it is Obama you are willing to believe it.

Really?

You sure of that?

The same thing happened with Fast and Furious...the right wanted answers and the left said it was a witch hunt. The right asked the left why they dont want answers and the left said we will get them through the investigation.

You're kidding me right? You're not serious are you? The post before this you put someone on your ignore list for bringing up fast and furious and then you throw fast and furious at me? :eusa_eh:

Really?

You sure of that?

You're kidding me right? You're not serious are you? The post before this you put someone on your ignore list for bringing up fast and furious and then you throw fast and furious at me? :eusa_eh:

Wow...what a pathetic attempt at a defloection....

Now I will toss a little logic at you...as well as a lesson in debating....

Seeing as you and that other loser continue to talk about this as a witch hunt, it would only make sense to use a situation where the same argument was used as a means to enagge in the debate. Since you continually respond with "witch hunt" and other accusations...my only choice is to cite a similar situation. It is known as engaging in a debate...what this forum is for.

So that being said....in 2 years, have we yet received any answers from fast and furious?

And since we havent, what makes you think we will recieve answers with this situation?

Really?

You sure of that?

Seeing as you and that other loser continue to talk about this as a witch hunt, it would only make sense to use a situation where the same argument was used as a means to enagge in the debate. Since you continually respond with "witch hunt" and other accusations...my only choice is to cite a similar situation. It is known as engaging in a debate...what this forum is for.

So that being said....in 2 years, have we yet received any answers from fast and furious?

And since we havent, what makes you think we will recieve answers with this situation?

OK, Mr. I-want-answers-so-bad, ask me any question you want about Benghazi for I am all knowing.

It's the new "wag the dog", "bombing camels" and "aspirin factory".

OK, Mr. I-want-answers-so-bad, ask me any question you want about Benghazi for I am all knowing.

I just did. You refuse to answer it.

You (the left) told us we will get answers regarding Fast and Furious once the investigation is complete. You told us to back off and stop with the witch hunt.

Well, 2 years later, we still have no answers.

So what makes you think we will get answers regarding Benghazi?

Condolences go out to the families who lost their loved ones in this attack. The same kind of condolences that have gone out to each and every one of our young men and women who have been killed during this Bush/Cheney/Rummy started war against.....? what was it again that we invaded these countries for?
Why is there no outrage from the Right over the 4000+ lives lost in the war? Why are these 4 people so important to the situation? Why?
Because this is the 'let's make the Obama administration the worst one in history', take the focus off the real problems, racist Right wingers/Teabaggers cause de jour. While they are wasting time on this whole debacle REAL problems are continuing to happen in OUR country. Fiscal disaster looming? Nah, this is more important. Same old shit from the last four years. Every time Obama and his admin were attempting to solve real problems, there sprung up some backwards thinking racist republican trying to undo any progress we have made.
The real reason behind the outcry over Beng is the opportunity led by McCain and his two irrelevent female cohorts trying to force Rice out and Kerry into the SOS position, thereby giving Repubs an opportunity to push Brown back into this position and giving the Repubs a slight lead in that branch of our Government.
If you look back, it was these three McCain clowns who pushed for Brown his first time around. What am I missing? What does Brown bring to the table to the point of removing Kerry from that position?
I would prefer Rice to hold this position after Hillary. I think it takes a woman's common sense to work towards peace with other countries.

You (the left) told us we will get answers regarding Fast and Furious once the investigation is complete. You told us to back off and stop with the witch hunt.

You have but to ask.

You have but to ask.

So...in other words.....I asked you a question where the only answer you have will make you look lioke the ass you are looking like by deflecting from the question post after post.

Last chance to answer. I will gladly wait.

So what makes you think we will get answers regarding Benghazi ?

You have but to ask.

So...in other words.....I asked you a question where the only answer you have will make you look lioke the ass you are looking like by deflecting from the question post after post.

Last chance to answer. I will gladly wait.

So what makes you think we will get answers regarding Benghazi ?

Oh ye of little faith, where art thou questions? Why are they not forth coming? Are you shy? :wink_2:

Forum List

Back