Benghazi terrorist captured

We have jurisdiction and legal authority when the host country gives it to us. If Libya says they recognize the right of the US to charge someone in their country with a US crime and agrees to automatic extradition, it's a done deal that adheres to international law.

Who's in charge of Libya, and what government is in place there?:eusa_whistle:

The recognized government is not always representative of the people in charge. But there is a government in Libya that is recognized by the US, has foreign Embassies, etc. But they are claiming the US arrest was an abduction without their permission and demanding the guy be returned to Libya. That might explain why we couldn't just walk in and pick him up and why he had to be snatched and sneaked out of the country.

We have jurisdiction and legal authority when the host country gives it to us. If Libya says they recognize the right of the US to charge someone in their country with a US crime and agrees to automatic extradition, it's a done deal that adheres to international law.

The recognized government is not always representative of the people in charge. But there is a government in Libya that is recognized by the US, has foreign Embassies, etc. But they are claiming the US arrest was an abduction without their permission and demanding the guy be returned to Libya. That might explain why we couldn't just walk in and pick him up and why he had to be snatched and sneaked out of the country.

but but he was eating strawberry smoothies in front of a camera.. :cuckoo:

while he was under the protection of the Government.

The ENTIRE world is at war against the US.

The US has financed the Palestinian Holocaust since 1949. It invaded Iraq for the hell of it in 1990.

For fucks sake, it is at war against Americans : 2,400,000 inmates, the Davidians massacre, the war on drugs, rtc.

Maybe you should lay off the crack...

I Loves the crack

th

You can have that in exchange for ten years in prison.

He is accused of committing a crime. Was he captured on a battlefield, during a battle?

Comrade, was the attack in Benghazi a criminal act? Is the United States an authorized law enforcement agency in Libya? I mean, IF this is a criminal act, do we have jurisdiction in a foreign land? You think the government appointed and paid for lawyer might catch on to the lack of legal authority?

I mean, if it's an act of war, a terrorist attack, of course we have jurisdiction, but last I checked, Libya operates under their own legal system.

So under Libyan law, we may have actually kidnapped him?

WE BROKE LIBYAN LAW!!!!

CALL THE U.N. INTO SPECIAL SESSION!!!

THE WORLD COURT SHOULD BE NOTIFIED OF OUR ACTIONS

Where are all the pole smokers that always claimed this kind of shit when any Republican tried to do this????

He is accused of committing a crime. Was he captured on a battlefield, during a battle?

Comrade, was the attack in Benghazi a criminal act?

Not if the perpetrators applied Clive Bundy/rightwing militia logic....

Yes, Obuma and the subversives just couldn't talk their way out of ANOTHER RUBY RIDGE and WACO situation..... What ever happened to Bundy, seems like there have been AT LEAST 6 other scandals since then, and that was what.....3 months ago!

It depends. Libya is part of the UN Treaty on international terrorism, so IF we took him due to a terrorist attack, then we are on legally solid ground.

However, IF we claim this is a criminal act, then yes, we kidnapped him.

Now obviously this WAS a long planned terror attack, but Obama is stupid, REALLY stupid, so he is working hard to fuck it up.

Whatever you do, do NOT give Obama any credit.

If a federal postal worker is caught pissing in public, that IS Obama's fault, though.
I'm not sure what the hell you are talking about, but I give Obama credit for many things.

The economy still sucks. I credit Obama.
The slow stability we were working toward in the Middle East; which has now gone up in flames. I credit Obama.
The government is targeting citizens for political beliefs not in compliance with current administration ideology. I credit Obama for that.
Our citizens and miltary are now more suseptable to kidnapping for the ransom of high level terrorists. I credit Obama for that.

I can go on and on and on.....but I think you take My meaning.

Couldn't believe it when folks got pissed off about bringing home a POW. Now they are angry about capturing a terrorist.

It depends. Libya is part of the UN Treaty on international terrorism, so IF we took him due to a terrorist attack, then we are on legally solid ground.

However, IF we claim this is a criminal act, then yes, we kidnapped him.

Now obviously this WAS a long planned terror attack, but Obama is stupid, REALLY stupid, so he is working hard to fuck it up.

So it's legal under the One World Government?

I'd rather the prick get a federal trial be convicted, and hung in 1 or 2 years, VS going to GITMO and left to rot for a decade

but that's just me ...

Forum List

Back