Beretta Moves All Manufacturing Out of Md. After State Passes New Gun Bill

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Excellent. All businesses need to pick up and leave states that are hostile business environments. The loss of tax dollars is a catalyst for getting politicians to take their heads out of their asses like no other.

Gun maker Beretta U.S.A. will move all of its manufacturing out of Maryland to a new factory in Tennessee, the company announced Monday, after protesting Maryland's strict gun law passed last year.

The company met with employees Tuesday to tell them that 160 manufacturing and related jobs would move. Beretta's headquarters, including about 95 administrative and executive jobs, will stay in Accokeek, Maryland.

Beretta Moves All Manufacturing Out of Md. After State Passes New Gun Bill | NBC4 Washington

good come on down to Texas we love guns.

I suppose that Maryland could tell Barretta to go to hell, but if they are moving to Texas, that would be redundent.

It's TN, read the fucking op

but yea, tell a world famous manufacturer to go to hell

All leftist have to do is raise taxes on everyone else and put the blame on them for moving.

you people are dumb enough to believe that, so....

Berettas are not very good guns, IMHO.

Every one of them I've ever owned has jammed up way too much.

Jamming into the chamber, multiple feed, stove piping...how was it jamming?

Some hand gun semi-auto models are just not designed for hollow points with wide openings. Others need a more precise bullet shape.

I upgraded my Glock barrel to a match-grade barrel a couple of years ago and Golden Saber rounds started jamming. I had to switch to Federal because the chamber to the match grade barrel was too exact, less tolerance but that often comes with increased precision.

Last edited:
Hell my Father has had a Berreta for years. Its a small handgun and works great.

Glad Beretts moved and I'm sure the State they moved from will miss those tax dollars.

Fuck em.

I was on the 9mm test committee for the Army when they decided to replace the M1911. We tested just about every model 9mm in all types of combat conditions. I can tell you with out a doubt that the decision to change and the company selected were due to politics and cronyism. A 3 star general visited our test site and asked me how the testing was going. I told him this was one of the stupidest decisions the Army ever made. He said we both know it but the decision was made way above our pay grades. A little history. At the turn of the last century we were fighting the Moro's in the Philippines. Our soldiers were issued a .38 at the time. The Moro's would be all drugged up when they attacked and the .38 was not stopping them. They begged for a better side arm. We sent the M1911. Not only did it stop them, it knocked them on their asses because it fired a big, slow, soft lead round that expanded on contact and you didn't need to hit a vital organ. The 9mm fires a hi speed round that will go through and through, not knock you down and will not kill unless it hits a vital organ. The only advantage I saw was that it has a 14 round magazine. One of the major factors Beretta was chosen was even though it is an Italian company, the Army's 9mm would be manufactured in Baltimore. I am still of the opinion it was a terrible decision. As a side note, I was also on the test committee when the Army replaced the LAAW with the AT-4. I did agree with that decision.

The 1911 is a great gun and I know many who carry it and most of em are vets. You can't beat the 1911.

Excellent. All businesses need to pick up and leave states that are hostile business environments. The loss of tax dollars is a catalyst for getting politicians to take their heads out of their asses like no other.

Gun maker Beretta U.S.A. will move all of its manufacturing out of Maryland to a new factory in Tennessee, the company announced Monday, after protesting Maryland's strict gun law passed last year.

The company met with employees Tuesday to tell them that 160 manufacturing and related jobs would move. Beretta's headquarters, including about 95 administrative and executive jobs, will stay in Accokeek, Maryland.

Beretta Moves All Manufacturing Out of Md. After State Passes New Gun Bill | NBC4 Washington

certainly good news

there is no reason for Beretta to stay and pay taxes in a state

that wants to cut its throat

If I were in the gun manufacturing business, I would do all I could to not only move the actual business out of any blue state, but I would make every effort to not use any parts suppliers located in any blue states.

Forum List

Back