Bernie is on the Senate floor posting pictures of Jeff Bezos' assets and demanding we stop giving him so much damn money

This reminds me of a few weeks ago when Fauxcohontas attacked Musk for being a freeloader, and Musk immediately destroyed her by announcing he would be paying billions in taxes this year in stock he is cashing in.

Moron Dimtards never learn.

It's Jeff's money anyway, he earned it starting a business in his garage I can't blame a man for wanting the money he works for.
This is what earning money from a business in one's garage actually looks like for most people in the world, twinkletoes:

Real men don't wear safety goggles :p

There is nothing radical about saying that the wealthiest people in this country ought to pay their fair share of taxes.

What's radical is Bezos making $142,667 every 60 seconds while more than half our people live paycheck to paycheck.

Why is it wrong for someone to earn $142,667 every second?

"My friend Jeff" pays a lot of taxes.
Did you read that link?

According to ProPublica, Bezos's wealth increased by $99 billion in the years 2014 to 2018.

But we do not have a wealth tax. We have an income tax.

The same article shows Bezos's income was $4.22 billion in the same period. That is what was taxed, and he paid $973 million in income tax.

That is a 23 percent tax on his income. Almost a quarter of what he made.

But ProPublica claims his "true tax rate" was 0.98%, which is total horseshit. That's disingenuous in the extreme.

Bernie and the libs want a wealth tax. It isn't enough for them they take a quarter of someone's income. They want more.

More, more, more.

only a true idiot condemns someone who has built a business that is responsible for untold numbers of families living the American Dream while falling for the nonsense of someone who has never created a single damn thing in their entire miserable existence!!!

There are no rich without the poor doing their work for them.
Let me correct that for you…

There are no rich people without the poor working for them.

The difference may seem semantic, but it’s very important. The rich EMPLOY the poor. It’s not slavery.

The difference may seem semantic, but it’s very important. The rich EMPLOY the poor. It’s not slavery.
It's getting there. Slavery, that is. The pay gap between CEOs and their laborers is getting wider all the time.

Likewise, no rich people without customers and others giving them our money - voluntarily. Some like to pretend profit is theft, but they can't usually point to the crime. As long as free trade is the norm, each transaction in the chain is an individual choice. Each one a person making value decisions, buying the things they value, investing in the businesses and causes they believe in.

According to ProPublica, Bezos's wealth increased by $99 billion in the years 2014 to 2018.

But we do not have a wealth tax. We have an income tax.

The same article shows Bezos's income was $4.22 billion in the same period. That is what was taxed, and he paid $973 million in income tax.

That is a 23 percent tax on his income. Almost a quarter of what he made.

But ProPublica claims his "true tax rate" was 0.98%, which is total horseshit. That's disingenuous in the extreme.
You're a pretty fart smeller so I am surprised by that.

First off, according to you, a billionaire paying less than 25% of their ridiculous "income" each year is apparently just dandy. Meanwhile, the top marginal tax rate is 37%. So, given Bezos pays far less than the top rate, who should be paying the top rate? Who else should get away with "not paying their fair share"? Elon Musk? All the other billionaires? They do. How about you? What percentage of your "income" have you ever managed to avoid paying taxes on by leveraging every tax loophole at your disposal? No comparison, right? And seeing what they get away with somehow doesn't piss you off? Bullshit.

Regarding "we do not have a wealth tax."

Wrong. We have many. Capital gains, interest, and dividends are accumulations of wealth, aka (check out link-->) "unearned income," that get reported and are subject to tax every year. Inheritance is wealth, still (albeit vanishingly) subject to tax.

So Jeff supposedly files his taxes every year and pays any of those wealth taxes that apply along with the ones for his "earned income" -- what you choose to smush all together as "income," and not "wealth," even though the tax loopholes all these fuckers get to leverage remain vastly unavailable to people like you and me.

"Bezos's wealth increased by $99 billion in the years 2014 to 2018."

Given he didn't "earn" all that according to the IRS, nor even inherit it, what has he actually done to deserve it relative to everyone else?

Last edited:
You're a pretty fart smeller so I am surprised by that.

First off, according to you, a billionaire paying less than 25% of their ridiculous "income" each year is apparently just dandy. Meanwhile, the top marginal tax rate is 37%. So, given Bezos pays far less than the top rate, who should be paying the top rate? Who else should get away with "not paying their fair share"? Elon Musk? All the other billionaires? They do. How about you? What percentage of your "income" have you ever managed to avoid paying by leveraging every tax loophole at your disposal? No comparison, right? And seeing what they get away with somehow doesn't piss you off? Bullshit.

Regarding "we do not have a wealth tax."

Wrong. We have many. Capital gains, interest, and dividends are accumulations of wealth, aka (check out link-->) "unearned income," that get reported and are subject to tax every year. Inheritance is wealth, still (albeit vanishingly) subject to tax.

So Jeff supposedly files his taxes every year and pays any of those wealth taxes that apply along with the ones for his "earned income" -- what you choose to smush all together as "income," and not "wealth," even though the tax loopholes all these fuckers get to leverage remain vastly unavailable to people like you and me.

"Bezos's wealth increased by $99 billion in the years 2014 to 2018."

Given he didn't "earn" all that according to the IRS, nor even inherit it, what has he actually done to deserve it relative to everyone else?
You are quite confused.

The capital gains tax, and the tax on interest and dividends is not a wealth tax. Capital gains, interest, and dividends are money that is actually deposited in your account. It is money you can spend. So it is income. And it is taxed as income. That income is taxed at a different rate than your paycheck is, but it is still an income tax.

Wealth, on the other hand, is property or stocks you cannot spend until you SELL them.

Capital gains is the income you make when you SELL your stocks. It's the difference between what you paid for the stock and what you sold the stock for. That is what gets taxed. Not the total value of your stocks.

A wealth tax would tax the total value of your stocks. And that is total horseshit because stock prices vary up and down all over the place.

As for the 23 percent Bezos paid on his income, I paid only 10.2 percent in taxes on my gross income for 2021, yet my income falls in a much higher bracket.

Thanks tax expenditures!

Forum List

Back