Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

One of Sam Walton's heirs, a woman worth $50 billion openly opposes any kind of minimum wage. She never earned anything in her life....just inherited it.

None of Walton's heirs are worth $50 billion, so you're obviously full of shit.

She opposes the minimum wage because it's bad for the people it claims to help.

Here’s the Top 10 Richest People United States as of 2012:

No. 4 Christy Walton & family
Net Worth:$25.3 billion – As of March 2012
Source: Walmart, inherited , Age: 57 , Citizenship: U.S.

You talk about gaping at a gnat and swallowing a camel!!!

The six Waltons on Forbes’ list of wealthiest Americans have a net worth of $144.7 billion. This fiscal year three Waltons—Rob, Jim, and Alice (and the various entities that they control)—will receive an estimated $3.1 billion in Walmart dividends from their majority stake in the company.

The Waltons aren’t just the face of the 1%; they’re the face of the 0.000001%. The Waltons have more wealth than 42% of American families combined.

So?

By Gawd it's like I've said....the rich don't just want wealth, they want all the wealth. Adjust for inflation and VOILA!!! In case you can't manage the chart 80% have lost ground and are losing more every year. And folks wonder what happened to the middle class.

change%20share.png
They'll ignore the data and freak out because "Like, OMG, Mother Jones!111!" Watch.

All you need to do is prove that it's incorrect. If you can do that I'll be not only surprised but amazed.

None of Walton's heirs are worth $50 billion.
Good point. There are six of them divvying up the $144.7 billion, but can you show where they're each receiving an equal amount?

The rationalization for this should be fascinating...

Christy is the richest of them, and she only has $25 billion, not $50 billion.

Only $25 billion? Poor dear, how does she manage? :(

Now, about this:

You can always count on a lib to fail to get the point. They think acting stupid is a winning debate strategy.
Your point was quite clear. You worship the wealthy, facts be damned.

Your precious princess's company is tanking. You should offer to let her crash on your couch when things get really ugly.

I don't worship the wealthy. I just don't despise people simply because they have money as you and your commie cronies do. Gloating over your fantasy of a major corporation going bankrupt shows a lot about your character. Delighting in the misfortune of those you envy is symptom of liberalism. Attitudes like that are the reason this country is swirling down the toilet bowl. You would be happy to pull the leaver and flush us all down with you if that meant hurting those you hate.

None of Walton's heirs are worth $50 billion, so you're obviously full of shit.

Here’s the Top 10 Richest People United States as of 2012:

No. 4 Christy Walton & family
Net Worth:$25.3 billion – As of March 2012
Source: Walmart, inherited , Age: 57 , Citizenship: U.S.

You talk about gaping at a gnat and swallowing a camel!!!

The six Waltons on Forbes’ list of wealthiest Americans have a net worth of $144.7 billion. This fiscal year three Waltons—Rob, Jim, and Alice (and the various entities that they control)—will receive an estimated $3.1 billion in Walmart dividends from their majority stake in the company.

The Waltons aren’t just the face of the 1%; they’re the face of the 0.000001%. The Waltons have more wealth than 42% of American families combined.

So?

By Gawd it's like I've said....the rich don't just want wealth, they want all the wealth. Adjust for inflation and VOILA!!! In case you can't manage the chart 80% have lost ground and are losing more every year. And folks wonder what happened to the middle class.

change%20share.png
They'll ignore the data and freak out because "Like, OMG, Mother Jones!111!" Watch.

All you need to do is prove that it's incorrect. If you can do that I'll be not only surprised but amazed.
Oh, I'm not questioning it. I'm just pointing out that the Rightists like to attack sources because (A) theirs are usually blogs and (B) they believe that dismissing the source means the data will magically go away.

So these folks build a business....
Hire people.....
People shop there and don't seem to have a problem with it.
No one is putting a gun to their heads....

Walmart is a huge success story.....

And Libs have a problem with it.

Why?
The walton family, who inherited, worked for it?
Oh please, walmart relies on low wage workers and third world shitholes to make a profit.

So basically, your theory is that you should spend your whole life building something for your family, and then when you kak off, the government should snatch it out of your kids' hands and give it to a bunch of total strangers, who somehow deserve it more than your family?

Now THAT is something that can't be justified.

Of course Walmart uses low-wage workers. This is because they have low-skill jobs. Why would you pay people as though they have four-year degrees for a job that any high school jagoff can do?

Furthermore, unless you're prepared to prove to me that WalMart is knowingly enslaving people in the Third World and chaining them in dangerous sweatshops, I would like to point out that American industry and factories are frequently the best thing that ever happened to those "shitholes", providing jobs, pay, and improvements in standard of living that would be impossible otherwise.

Good point. There are six of them divvying up the $144.7 billion, but can you show where they're each receiving an equal amount?

The rationalization for this should be fascinating...

Christy is the richest of them, and she only has $25 billion, not $50 billion.

Only $25 billion? Poor dear, how does she manage? :(

Now, about this:

You can always count on a lib to fail to get the point. They think acting stupid is a winning debate strategy.
Your point was quite clear. You worship the wealthy, facts be damned.

Your precious princess's company is tanking. You should offer to let her crash on your couch when things get really ugly.

I don't worship the wealthy. I just don't despise people simply because they have money as you and your commie cronies do. Gloating over your fantasy of a major corporation going bankrupt shows a lot about your character. Delighting in the misfortune of those you envy is symptom of liberalism. Attitudes like that are the reason this country is swirling down the toilet bowl. You would be happy to pull the leaver and flush us all down with you if that meant hurting those you hate.

Hell...it's not rocket science. George W. Bush assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected to the outyears. The entire national debt would have paid off by 2012. He just couldn't stand it. He cut taxes for his oil buddies twice, 2001 and 2003, continued to spend at an increasing rate and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to $11.9 trillion. It's the tax cuts buddy. We need to take in as much as we spend. Like I said....it's not rocket science.

I don't see how anyone can justify this.
Bernie Sanders says Walmart heirs own more wealth than bottom 40 percent of Americans
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, tweeted a startling statistic to his followers on July 22, 2012: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Sanders speaks and writes frequently about wealth distribution in the U.S., a hot-button issue among liberals and a rallying cry of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

The Waltons, of course, are members of the proverbial 1 percent. But are they really sitting on that much wealth? We decided to check it out.

First, what is wealth?

In economics, wealth is commonly measured in terms of net worth, and it’s defined as the value of assets minus liabilities. For someone in the middle class, that could encompass the value of their 401(k) or other retirement accounts, bank savings and personal assets such as jewelry or cars, minus what they owe on a home mortgage, credit cards and a car note.

It does not include income -- what people earn in wages. For that reason, someone who earns a good salary but has little savings and owes a lot of money on their house would have a negative net worth.

In fact, because so many Americans invest in real estate to buy a home, middle-class wealth has been one of the biggest casualties of the housing-driven recession.

From 2007 to 2010, typical families lost 39 percent of their wealth, according to the Federal Reserve’s Survey of Consumer Finances, done every three years. In 2007, the median family net worth was $126,400. In 2010, it was $77,300, according to the survey.

Where the Waltons fit in

Six members of the Walton family appear on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans. Christy Walton, widow of the late John Walton, leads the clan at No. 6 with a net worth of $25.3 billion as of March 2012. She is also the richest woman in the world for the seventh year in a row, according to Forbes. Here are the other five:

No. 9: Jim Walton, $23.7 billion
No. 10: Alice Walton, $23.3 billion
No. 11: S. Robson Walton, oldest son of Sam Walton, $23.1 billion
No. 103: Ann Walton Kroenke, $3.9 billion
No. 139: Nancy Walton Laurie, $3.4 billion

So?

So basically, your theory is that you should spend your whole life building something for your family, and then when you kak off, the government should snatch it out of your kids' hands and give it to a bunch of total strangers, who somehow deserve it more than your family?

Not sure how one "kaks" off, but in actuality, not theory, Sam Walton built the business; his grandkids are dismantling it...and using your tax dollars to do it.

And you don't even know it's happening.

Bernie Sanders says Walmart heirs own more wealth than bottom 40 percent of Americans
Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, tweeted a startling statistic to his followers on July 22, 2012: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Sanders speaks and writes frequently about wealth distribution in the U.S., a hot-button issue among liberals and a rallying cry of the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

The Waltons, of course, are members of the proverbial 1 percent. But are they really sitting on that much wealth? We decided to check it out.

First, what is wealth?

In economics, wealth is commonly measured in terms of net worth, and it’s defined as the value of assets minus liabilities. For someone in the middle class, that could encompass the value of their 401(k) or other retirement accounts, bank savings and personal assets such as jewelry or cars, minus what they owe on a home mortgage, credit cards and a car note.

It does not include income -- what people earn in wages. For that reason, someone who earns a good salary but has little savings and owes a lot of money on their house would have a negative net worth.

In fact, because so many Americans invest in real estate to buy a home, middle-class wealth has been one of the biggest casualties of the housing-driven recession.

From 2007 to 2010, typical families lost 39 percent of their wealth, according to the Federal Reserve’s Survey of Consumer Finances, done every three years. In 2007, the median family net worth was $126,400. In 2010, it was $77,300, according to the survey.

Where the Waltons fit in

Six members of the Walton family appear on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans. Christy Walton, widow of the late John Walton, leads the clan at No. 6 with a net worth of $25.3 billion as of March 2012. She is also the richest woman in the world for the seventh year in a row, according to Forbes. Here are the other five:

Easy. Stop shopping at wally world. We did that 20 years ago. Stop shopping there and their wealth drops.
The problem is, the walton family has inherited so much of the above, and given the ability walmart has to virtually control prices, and the reliance on cheap goods, I don't see that happening.

"Control prices"? What the hell are you babbling about? You talk like someone who has no clue how to shop.

I'm not at all sure what sinister evil I'm supposed to be seeing in "reliance on cheap goods". That's the whole reason I shop at WalMart. If I wanted to pay Macy's prices, I'd go shop at Macy's. Is it supposed to be some sort of calamity that WalMart provides a place for poor people to shop for daily necessities without going bankrupt?

YAWN
I don't need to attack your sources left-wing loser; I already know most of them are spoon-fed bullshit.

it's more important to call you losers out for exactly what you are; petty, jealous, class-warfare playing buffoons

First, what is wealth?

Where the Waltons fit in

So?
So you're paying their taxes for them.

So these folks build a business....
Hire people.....
People shop there and don't seem to have a problem with it.
No one is putting a gun to their heads....

And Libs have a problem with it.

Why?

View attachment 50627
Seriously? When one family owns more wealth then the bottom 40% of america, there is a problem. This isn't envy.

WHAT problem, exactly, other than the fact that you think the money should be distributed like a monthly allowance by a benevolent parent? (Which would be envy.)

First, what is wealth?

Where the Waltons fit in

Who cares??
It's theirs, envy is the pussyfication of America.

Mind your own business, and that clueless old nutsack should mind his.

Was, past tense. They've been operating at a deficit for years despite leeching off the middle-class taxpayer and they recently suffered a $14.7 billion loss in a single day.

They didn't suffer a loss, moron. The stock priced declined by that much. Of course, $15 billion is about 8% of the company's net capitalization. Many companies have suffered far worse declines. In fact, all of them did after the Democrat mortgage debacle.

Wal-Mart doesn't "leach" off anyone. Anyone who doesn't like the wage they pay doesn't have to work for them.

It truly is nauseating to watch someone gloat about the demise of a major corporation that has done so much to enrich the lives of poor people in this country. That takes a truly sick mind.

Last edited:
See, I'm caught on wondering WHY anyone would NEED to justify it.

Because, as has been reiterated numerous times in this thread and others, some of us don't want to pay their taxes for them.

Not only do I sincerely doubt that you even pay taxes, fucktard, but I laugh at the idea that you will earn in your entire life what one Walton pays in taxes in one year.

why do petty, angry left-wing losers hate everything???

I wish I could post live while in a Walmart near me. It's full of brown-skinned people, both workers and shoppers, making money and spending money on things they need at affordable prices

libs are morons

Not sure how one "kaks" off, but in actuality, not theory, Sam Walton built the business; his grandkids are dismantling it...and using your tax dollars to do it.

And you don't even know it's happening.

It's a colloquialism, skidmark. Look it up. Or don't. No fucks will be given either way.

Kinda like the rest of your little pretense that you have something to say.

See, I'm caught on wondering WHY anyone would NEED to justify it.

Because, as has been reiterated numerous times in this thread and others, some of us don't want to pay their taxes for them.

Not only do I sincerely doubt that you even pay taxes, fucktard, but I laugh at the idea that you will earn in your entire life what one Walton pays in taxes in one year.

He'll probably never earn as much as I paid in taxes last year.

First, what is wealth?

Where the Waltons fit in

So?
So you're paying their taxes for them.

No you aren't. The each pay more in taxes than a thousand whining liberal turds like you will pay in your entire lives.

Forum List

Back