Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

That sounds real nice, but that was when we had strong unions and more opportunities. Now wages are stagnant.

LOL, unions provided "opportunities?" That's classic

For good wages yes.

How did they do that? Unions don't hire anyone.

They make sure employees get good wages.

They blackmail companies into spending far more for labor than it's worth, while causing untold damage to the community at large . . . which is why they're so out-of-favor. Not only that, they hobble and enslave their own members far more than the employers would ever dream of doing.
I briefly worked for a union paint shop in NYC....When I had to go to the union hall to apply for my "book", I was reading some of the union literature which was more like propaganda. One of the pieces I read was a list of all the products the union members were advised to not purchase and businesses to not patronize. The reasons given were mind boggling. Mostly for some kind of insult to the union "brotherhood".....It reminded my of the stupid little spats my neighbors got into over petty nonsense.
It was then I decided to quit that painting job and head back to NJ and work there. Unencumbered by labor collectives....

Were that Bernie were about just knocking down the filthy rich some pegs; but lest we forget Dems are about major obstacles to small businesses too.

I don't get why progressives think the reason to start a business is to hire people, there only one reason to start a business... To make living off the profits.

If I need to cut costs in my businesses the first thing I do is let employees go.
Of course. IN any mainstream business, the largest percentage of the cost is labor. And labor is the easiest cost to control.

No...Unions coerced and blackmailed businesses into paying wages far above the market rate.
Business will always do what it must to maintain profitability. Hence the reason why unions represent less than 7% of the private sector work force.

And falling.

Useless? Funny how wages are stagnant as unions decline. Not so useless after all.
Wages are not stagnant....To earn higher salaries requires more training and education than in the past.

Those who acquire better skills get paid more ... those who don't whine about the "unfairness" of it all. That isn't rocket science.

How did they do that? Unions don't hire anyone.
If anything, union prevent hiring....

Indeed unions have morphed from a valuable tool of labor into a self-serving drag on the economy.

You said they provide "opportunities" for good wages. Companies do that, unions don't
Without unions opportunities have dwindled. Wages are stagnant.
Bullshit..Companies are not reluctant to hire in the absence of unions.
Where unions are present, companies keep their work force numbers as low as possible.

It is the responsibility of management to produce the best products and services - given competitive price pressure - at the lowest cost.

There is a no more basic nor obvious road to success.

My prediction is, one day the Waltons will demand a Government Bailout. Walmart is tanking. They'll run the ole 'Too Big To Fail' scam on the Gov. We'll see what all the greedy Republican Walmart-Worshippers say when they're forced to bail the Waltons out. Stay tuned.

I don't get why progressives think the reason to start a business is to hire people, there only one reason to start a business... To make living off the profits.

If I need to cut costs in my businesses the first thing I do is let employees go.
Of course. IN any mainstream business, the largest percentage of the cost is labor. And labor is the easiest cost to control.

Don't wanna hire and pay workers a decent wage? STFU and do the work yourself. Problem solved.

They blackmail companies into spending far more for labor than it's worth, while causing untold damage to the community at large . . . which is why they're so out-of-favor. Not only that, they hobble and enslave their own members far more than the employers would ever dream of doing.

I have had many family members who were happy Union members with good jobs. What you are claiming is bull. Without them we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality and a slow economy.

Good to know the bullies are happy with being bullies. Doesn't change a single thing I said.

And there is no amount of, "They exist at the same time, so THIS one caused THAT one!" that you can scream that's going to make it true.

We an see the results of the republican war on unions. It isn't pretty. The facts show you are wrong.

EVER NOTICE Republicans always seem to be in charge?
listening to, and reading the posts of left-wing nutjobs you cant help but get the impression the Left thinks Republican "evil" is stronger then the good intentions of Progressives who consider themselves much smarter than the mean ol "greedy" Republicans

idiots and hypocrites

The republicans are the ones who have been preaching against unions. They got what they wanted. Now we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality, and slow economy.
Oh please. How you make the leap from the low percentage of union membership to the present day stagnant economy is a mystery..
From 1994 through 2007 the avg GDP growth rate was over 5%.....During that period union membership continued to decline from its peak in the 1960's....
Your attempt to connect union labor to the economy is a disconnect. FAIL.
BTW, politicians have no say over whether or not a company and a union do business.

Don't wanna hire and pay workers a decent wage? STFU and do the work yourself. Problem solved.

Asshats don't get to determine what is a "decent wage" unless they own the company.

See how that works?

My prediction is, one day the Waltons will demand a Government Bailout. Walmart is tanking. They'll run the ole 'Too Big To Fail' scam on the Gov. We'll see what all the greedy Republican Walmart-Worshippers say when they're forced to bail the Waltons out. Stay tuned.
Shut up...

I have had many family members who were happy Union members with good jobs. What you are claiming is bull. Without them we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality and a slow economy.

Good to know the bullies are happy with being bullies. Doesn't change a single thing I said.

And there is no amount of, "They exist at the same time, so THIS one caused THAT one!" that you can scream that's going to make it true.

We an see the results of the republican war on unions. It isn't pretty. The facts show you are wrong.

listening to, and reading the posts of left-wing nutjobs you cant help but get the impression the Left thinks Republican "evil" is stronger then the good intentions of Progressives who consider themselves much smarter than the mean ol "greedy" Republicans

idiots and hypocrites

The republicans are the ones who have been preaching against unions. They got what they wanted. Now we have stagnant wages, out of control inequality, and slow economy.
Oh please. How you make the leap from the low percentage of union membership to the present day stagnant economy is a mystery..
From 1994 through 2007 the avg GDP growth rate was over 5%.....During that period union membership continued to decline from its peak in the 1960's....
BTW, politicians have no say over whether or not a company and a union do business.

The demise of unions has coincided with falling and stagnant wages. That is the reality.

idiots and hypocrites

left-wingnuts have their talking points to stick to. lol

Asshats don't get to determine what is a "decent wage" unless they own the company.

See how that works?

Then do the work yourself. Otherwise, STFU and pay up. You can't have your slaves. Deal with it.

Shut up...

Ha, can't wait to see what all you Republican Walmart-Worshippers say when you're forced to hand some of that Corporate Welfare to the Waltons. Gonna be fun.

upload_2015-11-3_21-51-42.png

"tanking"?????

are you sure leftard?????

Shut up...

Ha, can't wait to see what all you Republican Walmart-Worshippers say when you're forced to hand some of that Corporate Welfare to the Waltons. Gonna be fun.

because there are no Walmart shoppers that aren't republican.

are you retarded??

Define "decent wage"..
Is it your perception that a business should over compensate workers to meet a political agenda?,,,,Because this is the entirety of your interest. A political agenda.
Shit for brains.....When an applicant for a job accepts the terms and conditions of employment, that constitutes an agreement.
Meaning. the employer agrees to pay the employee an agreed amount per hour or year. In return the employee agrees to complete certain tasks and abide by the rules set forth by the company.....There is no going back and crying "do over".....
Now, YOU can Shut the fuck up....You lost this argument before you decided to post.

See how that works?

Then do the work yourself. Otherwise, STFU and pay up. You can't have your slaves. Deal with it.

YAWN

Walmart isn't going anywhere; deal with it!! lol

Define "decent wage"..
Is it your perception that a business should over compensate workers to meet a political agenda?,,,,Because this is the entirety of your interest. A political agenda.
Shit for brains.....When an applicant for a job accepts the terms and conditions of employment, that constitutes an agreement.
Meaning. the employer agrees to pay the employee an agreed amount per hour or year. In return the employee agrees to complete certain tasks and abide by the rules set forth by the company.....There is no going back and crying "do over".....
Now, YOU can Shut the fuck up....You lost this argument before you decided to post.

he's an idiot; he doesn't care that he's making a fool of himself

Were that Bernie were about just knocking down the filthy rich some pegs; but lest we forget Dems are about major obstacles to small businesses too.

Protecting small businesses was one of the reasons Sanders voted against the Brady bill. He was also a small business owner himself.

Forum List

Back