Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blind Melon

• Candlebox

• Temple Of The Dog

• Total voters

Cornell swore up and down that his band was wrongly called grunge however. He wanted them simply to me known as Metal or Rock. Great artist.. amazing songwriter who started out only playing the drums and not picking up a guitar until he was already in a band.

Loved them but I'd have to go with Alice in Chains.

Staley had a real unique voice. One of a kind.. their music was cool I would have them at maybe #2. at times their music seemed just a tad bit slow. Not quite the energy of SG

this is a tough decision...i'll go with Sourgarden because i love Cornell
Dude, poll fail. There are sooo many that are better than the few you listed.

Stone temple pilots
Smashing pumpkins
Foo fighters
Too many to list.

Dude, poll fail. There are sooo many that are better than the few you listed.

Stone temple pilots
Smashing pumpkins
Foo fighters
Too many to list.
If the band don't appear in the Flannel Manual. . . most folks probably don't consider it Grunge.

Smashing Pumpkins is more alt. rock than grunge. It isn't in there.

Yep, I was wrong about Candlebox, Blind Melon too. . . I had a GF that was a big Pearl Jam fan and Blind Melon Fan back in the day;

Went with Nirvana as they were the ones that put grunge on the map. They were the Beetles of the unkempt.

If the band don't appear in the Flannel Manual. . . most folks probably don't consider it Grunge.

Yep, I was wrong about Candlebox, Blind Melon too. . . I had a GF that was a big Pearl Jam fan and Blind Melon Fan back in the day;

Everyone has an opinion. I put smashing pumpkins in the grunge genre with the Stone Temple pilots and the Foo fighters.

I think "rain" by candlebox is my favorite song of the era. It's perfectly produced, the song is polished and the vocals are almost inhumanly good.

Forum List

Back