🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Best Laugh In Weeks

Looking forward to the political fallout from the shutdown, the inevitable rationalization when Trump caves and the conspiracy theories on why he caved.

My favorite thing about Trump's fiasco was Pence's body language, leaning away from the blob and looking like, "Oh crap, here he goes again."

Looking forward to the political fallout from the shutdown, the inevitable rationalization when Trump caves and the conspiracy theories on why he caved.

Actually in past shutdowns, the Republicans did even better. A government shutdown will show the country just how much we don't really need the federal government, and if it does get shutdown, no more reimbursing government employees for when they didn't work. You don't work, you don't get paid.

Last edited:
Shameful display by the President today. If it were not for all of the other shameful displays by the blob, this would be newsworthy.

What I think Trump should have done is tell Nancy she had the floor to discuss her ingenious border plan, and after she got done stuttering and dancing around that, Trump should have said "Very well Miss Pelosi. What I'm going to do is present your plan to the heads of our border agencies, and we will base our decision on what they recommend, your plan or mine......deal?"

That would have been fun, but then again, you'd have to get another Speaker because this one would have keeled over.

You know, I watched this earlier today. Pelosi and Schumer told Trump that they already had a bipartisan agreement for keeping the government open, but it only had 1 Billion dollars for the wall. Trump said it had to be all or nothing, because he was willing to shut down the government. Schumer then goaded him into saying that he will take full responsibility for shutting down the government.

Wanna know why I think Pelosi said that they should debate it in private? Because she knew the world was watching, and was embarrassed that our president was acting like a petulant child.
She was embarrassed to admit that she opposed effective border security.

You are both right.

Trump was acting like a braggadocio. But haven't we come to expect that of him by now? He is one hell of a negotiator. AND, apparently, he negotiates better when there are witnesses, rather than lying media telling the tale.

And yes, the truth is, the Dems don't want iron clad guarantees that the border cannot be penetrated. Their base and client interests DO NOT WANT THIS WALL.

They will never, ever admit it, but they want folks to always be able to break the law and get in. If it were not so, then they would not have things like, "sanctuary cities," which are, in effect, just sanctioning the breaking of the law, and a place for those who make it across.

If the left did away with all sanctuary cities, I could see the right compromising on the wall.

Till then? The right WILL NEVER COME TO A COMPROMISE ON THIS.

Both of you are right. Trump is a monster, a Pit Bull, braggadocio, and, if you like, "acting like a petulant child." But you know what? At this point, the right does not give a shit. The left and establishment neo-cons have been flaunting and disregarding the laws of the Republic for so long, and establishment politicians have done nothing. At this point, for Trump's supporters? What ever it takes is fine. Every other negotiation tactic was just weak.

And so, yes, the left is being shown for the criminals and cowards they are, when in negotiation with this "petulant child." In the end, they will more than likely come out looking the worse for it, b/c Pelosi AND Schumer both come from Sanctuary cities. These two disingenuous elites aren't fooling anyone. Everyone knows their agenda now, and no amount of media spin will undo that damage.

Schumer showed his contempt for the American people by openly disrespecting our duly elected president.

Disrespect for trump, and disrespect for the American people aren't the same thing.

Indeed it is. The American people elected him.

No. The electoral college did. The voters elected Hillary by a margin of 3 million votes.

You on the left keep harping on that but the truth of the matter is you don't know if she would have won anything because the race was not to get the most votes, it was to get the most electoral votes. Trump strategized to do exactly that.

There was no strategy, even though you think that is a good way to explain that fluke. Odd that that claim wasn't made until months after the election.

Schumer openly insulted Indiana I can't wait to broadcast that soundbite in 2020.
Yep, Schumer revealed how Democrats look at midwestern citizens by insulting N. Dakota and Indiana. Too bad Pence didn't jump in.

Pence knows when to STFU. Too bad Trump doesn't.

Right, because Trump was supposed to sit there like a little kid being balled out for throwing his Friisbee in the living room.

No, but he could have behaved as an adult instead of a spoiled child.

That fool was behaving as badly as Hannity does. A leader doesn't interrupt people when they are talking. A leader doesn't spout fake statistics. A leader doesn't act anything like Trump-0

Funny. I didn't hear Humpty or Dumpty challenge his statistics.

Perhaps statistics was the wrong word. I should have said blatant lies. Neither the border patrol, or any of our security organizations have any info on those 10 imaginary terrorists he claimed were recently caught crossing the border. The man can't help making shit up.

Schumer openly insulted Indiana I can't wait to broadcast that soundbite in 2020.
Yep, Schumer revealed how Democrats look at midwestern citizens by insulting N. Dakota and Indiana. Too bad Pence didn't jump in.

Right, because Trump was supposed to sit there like a little kid being balled out for throwing his Friisbee in the living room.

The President did great. Pelosi and Schumer don't want cameras showing the American people what un-American filthy scum they are. Why do you support illegal immigrants?

all the left leaning media played it over and over again.... showing how this guaranteed Nancy getting Speaker of the House, and Trump owning the blame for a shut down at Christmas, and fact checking all of Trump's lies... and his unprofessional-ism, and Pence as a motionless and speechless puppet....

How did the right wing media play it?

The President did great. Pelosi and Schumer don't want cameras showing the American people what un-American filthy scum they are. Why do you support illegal immigrants?
Yeah. "We're not budgeting any money for the wall" doesn't go over well with the voters. They only get away with it behind closed doors. When they have to explain their position under the Klieg lights, suddenly their legs start to quiver.

all the left leaning media played it over and over again.... showing how this guaranteed Nancy getting Speaker of the House, and Trump owning the blame for a shut down at Christmas, and fact checking all of Trump's lies... and his unprofessional-ism, and Pence as a motionless and speechless puppet....

Of course that's how the fake news media played it. Don't they also claim that paying off stormy is a crime, but Obama paying off the minister Jeremiah Wright to shut up is perfectly legal?

Yeah. "We're not budgeting any money for the wall" doesn't go over well with the voters. They only get away with it behind closed doors. When they have to explain their position under the Klieg lights, suddenly their legs start to quiver.

They budgeted 1.3 billion for border security last year, and they have only spent 6% of that. Why don't they spend what they have before asking for so much more?

Schumer showed his contempt for the American people by openly disrespecting our duly elected president.

Disrespect for trump, and disrespect for the American people aren't the same thing.

Indeed it is. The American people elected him.

No. The electoral college did. The voters elected Hillary by a margin of 3 million votes.
You're not too bright - arya?

I'm smarter than Trump and his stoooopid supporters, but it's not hard to do that.

Laura pointed out how on several occasions, Piglosi kept suggesting that they talk in private away from the media. It was the key point in the video.

Give Trump some credit, he's learning from the Democrats. He's exchanging words to favor his position. Instead of using the word "wall" he is using the phrase "border security" so that any opposition to his demands is seen as the Democrats not wanting border security which is much closer to the truth.

That fool was behaving as badly as Hannity does. A leader doesn't interrupt people when they are talking. A leader doesn't spout fake statistics. A leader doesn't act anything like Trump-0

Funny. I didn't hear Humpty or Dumpty challenge his statistics.

Perhaps statistics was the wrong word. I should have said blatant lies. Neither the border patrol, or any of our security organizations have any info on those 10 imaginary terrorists he claimed were recently caught crossing the border. The man can't help making shit up.

So if the MSM doesn't report it, you don't believe it. Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps our representatives don't tell the MSM everything?

Laura pointed out how on several occasions, Piglosi kept suggesting that they talk in private away from the media. It was the key point in the video.

Give Trump some credit, he's learning from the Democrats. He's exchanging words to favor his position. Instead of using the word "wall" he is using the phrase "border security" so that any opposition to his demands is seen as the Democrats not wanting border security which is much closer to the truth.

we already spend a lot on border security...

A wall would be a waste of money, which is why it's going nowhere.

Another few weeks, a Wall will be the least of Trump's problems... when the Democrats start investigating him.

Forum List

Back