Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
1975 , 1982 and 1994

75 - Jaws , OFOTCN and dog day

82- sumner alone - ET, Blade Runner, Thing and Star Trek Khan

94- Shawshank , Pulp Fiction and Forest Gump

Last edited:
^^^ I agree. 1993 produced two good baseball films: Rookie Of The Year and The Sand Lot. Two good family-oriented films were also released that year: Dennis The Menace and Beethoven 2nd. 1994 produced several good family-oriented films along with two more baseball films: Angels In The Outfield and Little Big League.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The following are the good family-oriented films of 1994: D2 The Mighty Ducks, Little Rascals, Baby's Day Out, Richie Rich, Little Giants, The Flintstones, Camp Nowhere, and The Santa Clause.

Jaws is the best movie ever created. To this day it has changed the way people look at sharks, across the entire globe. It has aged well. It's a masterpiece of everything. Acting, directing, cinematography, practical special effects... every category is top notch.

The best movie ever created, IMHO.

I've seen it probably 20 times an it's still great. I didn't even notice the shooting star scenes (that were real) until I had seen it around 7 times. Had to google if they were fake and they are not.

Jaws is the best movie ever created. To this day it has changed the way people look at sharks, across the entire globe. It has aged well. It's a masterpiece of everything. Acting, directing, cinematography, practical special effects... every category is top notch.

I've seen it probably 20 times an it's still great. I didn't even notice the shooting star scenes (that were real) until I had seen it around 7 times. Had to google if they were fake and they are not.

It’s in my top 25 or so

Far from greatest by good

My fav 70s movie is alien

The shear terror and atmosphere despite a tiny budget

1975 , 1982 and 1994

75 - Jaws , OFOTCN and dog day

82- sumner alone - ET, Blade Runner, Thing and Star Trek Khan

94- Shawshank , Pulp Fiction and Forest Gump
Best best best always with you. No.

Many are great, and I bet you've never seen Blue Velvet or Four Rooms or U-Turn.

Sharknado is just as good. :funnyface:

Minus the music. Jaws music is epic!

Okay, Jaws is better. No denying it.

Real shark fishers shoot them in the head with a .45 . True story.

And then there's this:

And then there's my aunt hauled a 4 foot fuckin' Tiger shark into the boat when I was 15.

Bad day.

I stuck a 1/4 steel gaff hook into its mouth to get him out the boat from like, chomping at my aunt's leg, he twisted that motherfucker up like a coathanger by chomping. Yeah, that failed. And he was still a chompa-chompin'.
So I grabbed him by the tail and slung him out, and as I was doing so, the motherfucker was trying to turn around and bite me.

That sumbitch! He lived out a natural life. I wish he didn't.

His mouth was about 8" wide. Bad shark, bad! 8" wide shark mouth chompa chompin' could really hurt a human being.

I wish I was like the shark fishers and shot him in the head right there with a .45.

All we had was a 12 gauge flare gun. With us on the boat that day. Bad day for me. That wasn't even the worst of it.

A story for a different time.

Last edited:

Peter Benchley eventually regretted writing the book.

If you like musicals then the 1930s

If you like Noir films then the 1950s

Last edited:
If you like musicals then the 1930

If you like Noir films then the 1950s
I like Sgt York and Yankee Doodle Dandy.

It was a $1 double feature when I was a kid.

And the "New York, New York" movie. I think maybe Frank Sinatra was in that?

This is from that:

Gene Kelly, yeah

Forum List

Back