Best year in movie history???

I included ET. I've never seen either movie but I know lots of people like both, especially ET. Even Jim Ignatowski was big on E.T. :smoke:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fa5%2F05%2Fd8%2Fa505d83acc073f244cc1361c0786f51d--movie-characters-vintage-tv.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=e80a87f56be474b9e9f25f4ff91b3ae033892318ce5515f4d489f10dea92d838&ipo=images

Not especially relevant, but ET is my favorite movie of all-time. I was the perfect age, the 'target audience' when it came out. That definitely tilts 1982 for me, especially when you include The Dark Crystal and Rocky 3. But this is all subjective of course. As for ET, yes there are better movies, better Spielberg movies even, but no other movie rockets me back to being that age at that time like ET does.

Yes. And uh..The choreographer, da fuq's her name? Jennifer Lopez. She's really hot in that one.

I believe that's her one and only topless role as well, but um yeah, who keeps track of stuff like that...? >:)

U-Turn is one of my guilty pleasure movies, hilariously twisted, with outstanding cameo appearances by Joaquin Phoenix and Claire Danes. TOBY N. TUCKER! And of course Billy Bob steals every scene he's in.

But my personal favorite cameo is my Uncle being in several of the diner scenes!

Not especially relevant, but ET is my favorite movie of all-time. I was the perfect age, the 'target audience' when it came out. That definitely tilts 1982 for me, especially when you include The Dark Crystal and Rocky 3. But this is all subjective of course. As for ET, yes there are better movies, better Spielberg movies even, but no other movie rockets me back to being that age at that time like ET does.
And blade runner and Thing

And blade runner and Thing

Hey hey hey, you can have your favorites and I'll have mine!

The Thing tho, I had 'seen' it multiple times throughout my life, usually as background noise after coming home late on whatever late night channel the TV happened to be on. But I went a few months ago to the Fathom Events showing that replayed it in theaters, and man... what a GREAT movie. Just watched Christine last week the same way, at the theater in a Fathom Events showing, really enjoyed that one as well. I definitely have a newfound respect for John Carpenter that's for sure.

I would say 1984.

Terminator, Ghostbusters, Amadeus, Red Dawn, Footloose, Gremlins, Indiana Jones, The Natural, Police Academy, The Karate Kid, Footloose, Conan, Tank and Dune.

I hear that a lot about ET from people. I've never seen it, I was a young adult when it came out and it seemed like just another farcical kid's movie to me, much the same reason why I've never had any interest in all of the Harry Potter stuff. I'm very grounded in fact and science so the magical-fantasy genre has a steep climb appealing to me. But I have to admit that Stephen Spielberg seems allied with more super mega-blockbuster movies I've loved than anyone else, and I may just yet watch ET. I'll have to check, I may actually already have it among the thousands of movies I have.

I hear that a lot about ET from people. I've never seen it, I was a young adult when it came out and it seemed like just another farcical kid's movie to me, much the same reason why I've never had any interest in all of the Harry Potter stuff. I'm very grounded in fact and science so the magical-fantasy genre has a steep climb appealing to me. But I have to admit that Stephen Spielberg seems allied with more super mega-blockbuster movies I've loved than anyone else, and I may just yet watch ET. I'll have to check, I may actually already have it among the thousands of movies I have.

It was The Movie for kids to see when it came out but it didn't age well.

My ten year old granddaughter got bored with it. As I was watching it with her I realized I was getting bored also and I don't think it was because I had seen it decades ago.

I would say 1984.

Terminator, Ghostbusters, Amadeus, Red Dawn, Footloose, Gremlins, Indiana Jones, The Natural, Police Academy, The Karate Kid, Footloose, Conan, Tank and Dune.

84 was solid but 82 was more epic

movies in the 2010s - present are terrible
All woke with little creativity

We had 4 great decades 70-2000s

I'm certainly not saying 'don't watch it,' but the nostalgia for it is a YUGE component of my personal enjoyment. Without that I can't tell you what to expect. I would be curious about your thoughts though if you do sit down for it. The music alone is top notch, again one of my personal favorite John Williams scores. I have seen live orchestra performances for both Raiders and Empire Strikes Back, leaving ET on my 'bucket' list.

I'm certainly not saying 'don't watch it,' but the nostalgia for it is a YUGE component of my personal enjoyment. Without that I can't tell you what to expect. I would be curious about your thoughts though if you do sit down for it. The music alone is top notch, again one of my personal favorite John Williams scores. I have seen live orchestra performances for both Raiders and Empire Strikes Back, leaving ET on my 'bucket' list.

Well, I just checked, I don't have ET among my movie archive, but I am going 4K now so who knows---- maybe I'll get a copy of the movie.

Forum List

Back