Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

Is that what happened to you? Public school? That does explain.
The liberals on this board who somehow graduated from the public school system are proof the public school system needs to be completely dismantled.

Loj
No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
Yeah.

Letting parents choose to kill their children is super cool but letting them choose their children's schools is crazy talk.

Parents get to choose their schools. No one is stopping them.
No one is fooled by this idiocy.

Who is stopping you from choosing?

Or is this another case where you want me to pay for your choice?
So, you oppose tax dollars going to Unplanned Parenthood then, right? We shouldn’t pay for someone else’s choice, right?

(and don’t come back with the moronic “they keep tax dollars separate” bullshit)

Nope. You fail to comprehend my position.

I support my tax dollars going to education and Planned Parenthood for basic services such as public education, contraception, pre natal testing etc. But if you want to send your kid to Christian academy or pay for fertility treatments, that is on your dime.

Loj
Yeah.

Letting parents choose to kill their children is super cool but letting them choose their children's schools is crazy talk.

So, you oppose tax dollars going to Unplanned Parenthood then, right? We shouldn’t pay for someone else’s choice, right?

(and don’t come back with the moronic “they keep tax dollars separate” bullshit)

I support my tax dollars going to education and Planned Parenthood for basic services such as public education, contraception, pre natal testing etc. But if you want to send your kid to Christian academy or pay for fertility treatments, that is on your dime.
So, you want others to pay for some choices, and not others.

How hypocritical of you.

Loj

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Are you going to pay for my kid to go to Harvard? Didn’t think so.

We are legally required to provide an education to thechildren in this country. We aren’t legally required to provide the education of your choice. That is on you and on your dime.

That's pure bullshit, douchebag. Quit pissing down my leg and telling me its rain. Why should I pay for your education or your healthcare? You have yet to explain that.
If your leg is wet, check your depends.

We all pay for education because it benefits the entire country.

Don’t like it? Then move to a third world utopia without compulsory education and masses of uneducated poor people who can’t afford school fees.
ROFL! So it's your way or the highway?

That's so democratic!
Oh? So you are fine paying for a safety net that includes contraception, medical care etc?

Or do you just want the rest of us pay for your elite schools?
I don't approve of "safety nets" of any kind.

Parents can apply their vouchers to any kind of school they like. Where do you get the idea that only "elite schools" will receive them?

They don’t need vouchers to apply. Why do you insist I should subsidize their education beyond the basics provided in the public school system?
Who the fuck do you imagine you're fooling? poor parents cannot afford to pay for private schools, and the taxes they pay go to the bloated ineffective government schools.

I won't bother debating an imbecile who pretends the facts of the matter aren't an issue.

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

We are legally required to provide an education to thechildren in this country. We aren’t legally required to provide the education of your choice. That is on you and on your dime.
You pretend those laws can't be changed.

You are thoroughly dishonest. If the voters want vouchers, that's what they are entitled to get.

Loj
Yeah.

Why should the voters accept your priorities?

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Vouchers go to kids in poor performing schools.....typically inner city schools with poor minorities.

You are the typical Libtard hellbent on keeping minorities down.

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Why should I pay for someone’s choice to kill their kid?

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Vouchers go to kids in poor performing schools.....typically inner city schools with poor minorities.

All kids should be entitled to a voucher. Of course, that will mean the end of government schools. That's why the statist leftwingers are so adamant against them.

Tomorrow’s headlines: Trump administration destroys Christmas for hundreds of families.

I’m hoping in his second term Trump eliminates the Department altogether.

Betsy DeVos has cut 600 staff positions at the Department of Education

“I have long advocated for the notion that it would be great to work myself out of a job,” she said.

It will be back, in a very big way. And DeVos will be paying for it with her new higher tax rate.
What tax increase has DeVos proposed?

If your leg is wet, check your depends.

We all pay for education because it benefits the entire country.

Don’t like it? Then move to a third world utopia without compulsory education and masses of uneducated poor people who can’t afford school fees.

That's so democratic!
Oh? So you are fine paying for a safety net that includes contraception, medical care etc?

Parents can apply their vouchers to any kind of school they like. Where do you get the idea that only "elite schools" will receive them?

They don’t need vouchers to apply. Why do you insist I should subsidize their education beyond the basics provided in the public school system?
Who the fuck do you imagine you're fooling? poor parents cannot afford to pay for private schools, and the taxes they pay go to the bloated ineffective government schools.

I won't bother debating an imbecile who pretends the facts of the matter aren't an issue.

Poor folks can’t pay for medical care either, but I don’t see

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Why should I pay for someone's choice to send their kid to a whacko religious school?

That's so democratic!

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Why should I pay for someone's choice to send their kid to a whacko religious school?
You are still dodging. Typical.

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Typical ignorant Contard - time to move past outdated talking points.

The voucher program may have initially been to help poor students in struggling schools that is no longer the case:

the-promise-and-peril-of-school-vouchers
Fort Wayne is a microcosm of what's happening statewide, with tens of millions of state taxpayer dollars paying for children to attend private schools without, as then-Gov. Daniels had suggested, giving public schools "first shot."

Behning, the law's tireless defender, argues that all parents deserve to choose their child's school, even those who have traditionally opted out of the public system.

"The intent of the program was to give parents choice," says Behning. The parents of children in private schools, he says, "are taxpayers just like the parents in a traditional public school."

This shift in the program's rules, begun by Pence in 2013, has led to a shift in student demographics as well. White voucher students are up from 46 percent that first year to 60 percent today, and the share of black students has dropped from 24 percent to 12 percent. Recipients are also increasingly suburban and middle class. A third of students do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals.

While the program was once premised on giving low-income, public school families access to better schools, this year fewer than 1 percent of voucher students used a pathway, written into the law, that's meant specifically for students leaving failing schools.

"When you look at that trend data, it is alarming," says Jennifer McCormick, the state's new Republican superintendent of public instruction, and a former public school teacher. She says of the old narrative that vouchers were largely meant to help low-income students escape underperforming public schools: "That's not necessarily the case" today.

So why exactly are you demanding that I pay for suburban middle class parents (who's public school system is generally quite good) to send their kids to private schools?

You just want more free stuff paid for by others. (sarcasm alert)

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Not at all. Where did I say you should pay for that? I didn't.

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Not at all. Where did I say you should pay for that? I didn't.
So you oppose tax dollars going to Planned Unparenthood.

That's so democratic!

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Why should I pay for your government school?

How hypocritical of you.
Nope.

Typical ignorant Contard - time to move past outdated talking points.

The voucher program may have initially been to help poor students in struggling schools that is no longer the case:

the-promise-and-peril-of-school-vouchers
Fort Wayne is a microcosm of what's happening statewide, with tens of millions of state taxpayer dollars paying for children to attend private schools without, as then-Gov. Daniels had suggested, giving public schools "first shot."

Behning, the law's tireless defender, argues that all parents deserve to choose their child's school, even those who have traditionally opted out of the public system.

"The intent of the program was to give parents choice," says Behning. The parents of children in private schools, he says, "are taxpayers just like the parents in a traditional public school."

This shift in the program's rules, begun by Pence in 2013, has led to a shift in student demographics as well. White voucher students are up from 46 percent that first year to 60 percent today, and the share of black students has dropped from 24 percent to 12 percent. Recipients are also increasingly suburban and middle class. A third of students do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals.

While the program was once premised on giving low-income, public school families access to better schools, this year fewer than 1 percent of voucher students used a pathway, written into the law, that's meant specifically for students leaving failing schools.

"When you look at that trend data, it is alarming," says Jennifer McCormick, the state's new Republican superintendent of public instruction, and a former public school teacher. She says of the old narrative that vouchers were largely meant to help low-income students escape underperforming public schools: "That's not necessarily the case" today.

So why exactly are you demanding that I pay for suburban middle class parents (who's public school system is generally quite good) to send their kids to private schools?

You just want more free stuff paid for by others. (sarcasm alert)
You won't be paying for it. They will pay for it with their taxes.

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
Public schools are indoctrination camps for commies, pedophiles and faggots and should be destroyed.

Forum List

Back