Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

Tomorrow’s headlines: Trump administration destroys Christmas for hundreds of families.

I’m hoping in his second term Trump eliminates the Department altogether.

Betsy DeVos has cut 600 staff positions at the Department of Education

“I have long advocated for the notion that it would be great to work myself out of a job,” she said.
She has never had to work for a living g.
Neither has Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders.
Who claimed they did? What do they have to do with this?
Why are you whining about Betsy Devos? Are you going to whine about Joe or Bernie if they get nominated?
What do they have to do with anything? They didn't say how great it is to work oneself out of a job as they cut jobs. They to keep up.
ROFL! So you're only real objection to deVos is that she's cutting the bureaucracy. Thanks for showing your true colors

We have private schools, if you can afford them.
You can pick where you live based on the schools.
You can even home school your spawn if you don't mind his completely lacking socialization skills.
Vouchers will allow more people to choose.

But unfortunately Democrats are too beholding to teachers unions too allow the money to follow the child.

Democrats priority is the union over the child, because the children don't kick back part of the money to them.

Vouchers?

OK. Let's use a recent school district where I worked as an example of how vouchers would work.

There is only one high school in the county and six K-8 schools. There are no private schools in the county and the closest is a Catholic high school 45 minutes away by back roads. The tuition to that school is approximately double any reasonable voucher proposal I have seen.

Where would those kids attend school if they had a voucher?

You can even home school your spawn if you don't mind his completely lacking socialization skills.

But unfortunately Democrats are too beholding to teachers unions too allow the money to follow the child.

Democrats priority is the union over the child, because the children don't kick back part of the money to them.
You can choose. Just dont demand that I have to pay for your elite academies or whacko religious schools.
In other words, you can't choose.
What is stopping you :dunno:
Government thugs with guns, moron.

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
You need people from DC to run your local school?

Are you really that stupid?
DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

Another link to ZeroHedge - a Bulgarian conspiracy theory website.

Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check
Nobody is interested in the Nobody that runs the biased "Media Bias/Fact Check" opinion on bias. He admits he is biased and has no special training or certification in detecting bias or fact.

Americans are tired of various Universities trying to implement mini police states with show trials, speech codes, and suppression of alternative points of view.

What is being supressed is hate speech...
Sure, and everything that you disagree with is "hate speech". These censorious clowns fool no one!

Here in America we can pretty much say any damn thing we like. If you don't like that, you should probably move. It's long past time for this organized violation of the rights of Conservative Professors and Students to end.

You need people from DC to run your local school?

Are you really that stupid?
DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

Another link to ZeroHedge - a Bulgarian conspiracy theory website.

Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check
Nobody is interested in the Nobody that runs the biased "Media Bias/Fact Check" opinion on bias. He admits he is biased and has no special training or certification in detecting bias or fact.

Americans are tired of various Universities trying to implement mini police states with show trials, speech codes, and suppression of alternative points of view.

What is being supressed is hate speech...
Sure, and everything that you disagree with is "hate speech". These censorious clowns fool no one!

Here in America we can pretty much say any damn thing we like. If you don't like that, you should probably move. It's long past time for this organized violation of the rights of Conservative Professors and Students to end.
People like Dragonlady would feel right at home working for the Stasi.

You can choose. Just dont demand that I have to pay for your elite academies or whacko religious schools.
They came to your house and told you you couldn't send your kid to a private school?

Sounds to me like you are just wanting free stuff.

I pay school taxes and my youngest is almost 26. Why are you bitching?

Do you bitch at the pump every time you pay for Boston's "Big Dig"?
I bitch about it whenever the subject comes up.

You don't pay taxes. You just perform a bookkeeping transaction where they subtract an amount from your government swag.

I work for a defense contractor, dumbass!
Ah, I thought you were the forum member who was a school teacher.

I retired almost two years ago, but they didn't remove my brain when I did.
So you were a school teacher. Apology rescinded.

And you were not a teacher or school administrator and know nothing about education. You also don't realize that you never apologized.

They came to your house and told you you couldn't send your kid to a private school?

Are you actually going to pretend that taxes are paid voluntarily?

Bullets in flight.

Pay your taxes or go to jail. If you failed to pay your property taxes you don't think they would seize your property?

None of that has to do with education.

There’s only two differences between a public school and a religious school.
1. Religious schools turn out better educated students.
2. Religious schools are honest about trying to instill religious beliefs in their students. Public schools lie by denying their intent is to instill dumbass Leftard beliefs in their students.

I bitch about it whenever the subject comes up.

You don't pay taxes. You just perform a bookkeeping transaction where they subtract an amount from your government swag.

And you were not a teacher or school administrator and know nothing about education. You also don't realize that you never apologized.
The theory that only teachers and school administrators know about education was invented by teachers and school administrators. I taught my stepson how to read and do arithmetic, not any god damned public school teachers. They didn't teach him a thing.

Pay your taxes or go to jail. If you failed to pay your property taxes you don't think they would seize your property?

None of that has to do with education.
ROFL! What a fucking bonehead. Of course it does. Where does the money for government schools come from?

Got it. You just want free stuff some one else has to pay for.

Last edited:

Got it. You just free stuff some one else has to pay for.
Huh?

I think it's you that wants free stuff that someone else has to pay for.

Huh?

Not at all. I pay for schools. I am not the one running around whining and demanding others pay to send my kids to some elite private school. Pay for it yourself. Isn't that what you tell others about stuff like free contraception or medical care? Pay for it yourself.

Decades ago parochial schools in northeast cities had about half the students. I know. There are tax differences. But it saved the cities a lot of money. The parents of the children had to do their best to tithe and were charged to send their kids to the schools. Please do not say anything about choice. A lot of it was about survival also.

The theory that only teachers and school administrators know about education was invented by teachers and school administrators. I taught my stepson how to read and do arithmetic, not any god damned public school teachers. They didn't teach him a thing.

Did you teach him chemistry, calculus, biology, etc? If not, that can be accomplished by a middle school dropout.

Huh?

Not at all. I pay for schools. I am not the one running around whining and demanding others pay to send my kids to some elite private school. Pay for it yourself. Isn't that what you tell others about stuff like free contraception or medical care? Pay for it yourself.
You want me to pay for your schools. I don't want your government brainwashing mills. You demand that I send my kids to the cesspools that you want. When are you going to pay for it yourself?

Who do you think you're fooling?

Did you teach him chemistry, calculus, biology, etc? If not, that can be accomplished by a middle school dropout.
He was no longer my stepson at that point, but I easily could have. Home schoolers manage to teach all these subjects.

Forum List

Back