Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

Just like abortion, you have a choice. You just have to pay for it yourself!
In other words, no choice about paying for it.

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

Yes, you have a choice in paying for it, just like every other private school or home school parent does!

BTW, I don't work for the schools any longer. You call it brainwashing because your brain apparently was never bathed in intelligence since birth.

If you don't like the way your school is being run, get involved. Instead of running your mouth in ignorance, help to fix the problems you see in your schools.
No you don't. You don't have a choice about paying taxes.

Your dishonesty is duly noted.

You're a brainwashed troll, just like every public school teacher.

I pay school taxes and my youngest is almost 26. Why are you bitching?

Do you bitch at the pump every time you pay for Boston's "Big Dig"?

Tomorrow’s headlines: Trump administration destroys Christmas for hundreds of families.

I’m hoping in his second term Trump eliminates the Department altogether.

Betsy DeVos has cut 600 staff positions at the Department of Education

“I have long advocated for the notion that it would be great to work myself out of a job,” she said.
She has never had to work for a living g.
Neither has Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders.

My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

Yes, you have a choice in paying for it, just like every other private school or home school parent does!

BTW, I don't work for the schools any longer. You call it brainwashing because your brain apparently was never bathed in intelligence since birth.

If you don't like the way your school is being run, get involved. Instead of running your mouth in ignorance, help to fix the problems you see in your schools.

I bitch about it whenever the subject comes up.

You don't pay taxes. You just perform a bookkeeping transaction where they subtract an amount from your government swag.

Tomorrow’s headlines: Trump administration destroys Christmas for hundreds of families.

“I have long advocated for the notion that it would be great to work myself out of a job,” she said.
Who claimed they did? What do they have to do with this?

You don't pay taxes. You just perform a bookkeeping transaction where they subtract an amount from your government swag.

I work for a defense contractor, dumbass!

Why are you whining about Betsy Devos? Are you going to whine about Joe or Bernie if they get nominated?

Ah, I thought you were the forum member who was a school teacher.

Horseshit.
Public teachers cannot freelance their classrooms.

I guess that might depend on the school district.
I can’t imagine any district letting a teacher talk about WW2 history all year.

Would depend on the class.

If the class was US History 1900 to present then they should not.
You make my point, teachers have required structures handed down to them.

So you want your kids to know all about a teacher's favorite topic but nothing about anything else?

Last edited:

I retired almost two years ago, but they didn't remove my brain when I did.

Public teachers cannot freelance their classrooms.

I guess that might depend on the school district.
I can’t imagine any district letting a teacher talk about WW2 history all year.

Would depend on the class.

If the class was US History 1900 to present then they should not.
You make my point, teachers have required structures handed down to them.

So you you want your kids to know all about a teacher's favorite topic but nothing about anything else?
Do you actually believe a private school would allow that?

I retired almost two years ago, but they didn't remove my brain when I did.
So you were a school teacher. Apology rescinded.

We have private schools, if you can afford them.
You can pick where you live based on the schools.
You can even home school your spawn if you don't mind his completely lacking socialization skills.
Vouchers will allow more people to choose.

But unfortunately Democrats are too beholding to teachers unions too allow the money to follow the child.

Democrats priority is the union over the child, because the children don't kick back part of the money to them.

Gratuitous insults meant to divert attention away from DeVos' agenda to expand the reach of charter schools is noted. The primary functions of the Dept. of Ed are to establish policy for, administer and coordinate most federal assistance to education, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights. Ignorance gets you nowhere with me.
Which schools perform better at actually educating kids, charter or public schools?

Charter schools of course because they can pick and choose who they let in.
Same with private schools.
Nope. Private schools perform better because they have to. Unlike government schools, If they don't produce a product that people want, then they go under.

A genuine libertarian wouldn't be arguing that there's nothing inherently wrong with a government monopoly.

A characteristic that private schools and charter schools all too often share - bankruptcy.

That's the problem with government schools: they never go bankrupt, no matter how bad they are.

So just how "bad" are they? You have no idea except to repeat the educator wannabee talking points.

Why are you whining about Betsy Devos? Are you going to whine about Joe or Bernie if they get nominated?
What do they have to do with anything? They didn't say how great it is to work oneself out of a job as they cut jobs. They to keep up.

You can even home school your spawn if you don't mind his completely lacking socialization skills.

But unfortunately Democrats are too beholding to teachers unions too allow the money to follow the child.

Democrats priority is the union over the child, because the children don't kick back part of the money to them.
You can choose. Just dont demand that I have to pay for your elite academies or whacko religious schools.

Which schools perform better at actually educating kids, charter or public schools?

Charter schools of course because they can pick and choose who they let in.
Same with private schools.
Nope. Private schools perform better because they have to. Unlike government schools, If they don't produce a product that people want, then they go under.

A genuine libertarian wouldn't be arguing that there's nothing inherently wrong with a government monopoly.

A characteristic that private schools and charter schools all too often share - bankruptcy.

That's the problem with government schools: they never go bankrupt, no matter how bad they are.

So just how "bad" are they? You have no idea except to repeat the educator wannabee talking points.
Even the government admits the public schools are failing. Ever read the report "Nation at Risk?"

BTW, I have no desire to be a school teacher.

You can choose. Just dont demand that I have to pay for your elite academies or whacko religious schools.
In other words, you can't choose.

In other words, you can't choose.
What is stopping you :dunno:

Forum List

Back