Betsy DeVos is not acceptable to be Secretary of Education...here's why...

Yeah...the declining educational levels of American children in schools controlled by democrats shows exactly how good you morons are....
schools are run by Republicans now.....Repub governors in 38 states pick 50% of the state school board of education members...

Sorry unions run the schools

You cant fire teachers
You can't change the curriculum
You cant do anything until the unions are gone, which we are doing.
And not only that, but the teachers unions are a slush fund for the D party. Time to terminate the unions, but the D party will kill to keep their slush fund alive and well.
How well do the public schools do in non-union states compared to union states?
They suck!
You sure about that?

:banana:

Vice President Pence cast the tie-breaking vote to confirm Betsy DeVos as education secretary.
Which ends this thread, as far as I'm concerned.
Now let's see if she hurts or helps public schoolss. My guess is she wants to help private school families to not fund public schools. Tax breaks for the rich. That's what she's all about. That and breaking unions.

She didn't deserve this ugly treatment. The Democrats are over-playing their hand now. Their treatment of her was vicious and unnecessary. I think most Americans see that.

No. Us Michiganders said FUCK NO to the Devoss family and their ideas. So why the fuck would Trump pluck that Billionaire out of obscurity and appoint her to run schools? Does he owe Amway money? We will never know because Trump didn't release his taxes so we don't know who he owes.

Is it because He doesn't like public schools? His kids and the Devoss kids never went to public schools so how do they know they are failing? I think they just want the tax breaks. That's all it's ever about with Republicans. They don't want to fix failing schools. They want the teachers to make less.

Hey, fuck public schools. My rich brother sends his kids to private school and I don't have any kids. And I got my college degree a long time ago when college was affordable. I hope they jack up the price of school so that only the select few can get a good education. That will help my rich nephews out a lot and give them a huge head start out in life. My brother works very hard why shouldn't his kids get a better education than you schmucks?

They say pre school is a key factor in if someone turns out successful. Pre school is a great benefit for people who can afford it. I don't care about people who can't afford it. They should have thought about that before having kids. The birth rate needs to go down before the middle class will be valued at all.

And the birth rate has gone down because middle class people don't want to be poor so they don't have kids they can't afford. The only people who do that are poor people. And Republicans want to cut off welfare and foodstamps so that's going to cut the birth rate down too. That's why they want to ban abortion. They want to force poor people to have poor workers.

And if all else fails, just increase immigration.

Hey, what do you know??? I agree with Trump on this

the content of the memos is emblematic of a broader shift within the GOP from a relative consensus among lawmakers that immigrants have been a boon to the economy and a symbol of the American dream to a more pessimistic view that includes prominent calls for reducing overall immigration levels.

RAISE Act, which would cut the number of family-based green cards issued each year in half, from about 1,000,000 to 500,000.

"There's no denying this generation-long surge in low-skilled immigration has hurt blue-collar wages," Cotton told reporters.

Holy crap I agree with Republicans again. Damn it!

schools are run by Republicans now.....Repub governors in 38 states pick 50% of the state school board of education members...

Sorry unions run the schools

You cant fire teachers
You can't change the curriculum
You cant do anything until the unions are gone, which we are doing.
And not only that, but the teachers unions are a slush fund for the D party. Time to terminate the unions, but the D party will kill to keep their slush fund alive and well.
How well do the public schools do in non-union states compared to union states?
They suck!
You sure about that?
Yes why do you ask?

Vice President Pence cast the tie-breaking vote to confirm Betsy DeVos as education secretary.
Now let's see if she hurts or helps public schoolss. My guess is she wants to help private school families to not fund public schools. Tax breaks for the rich. That's what she's all about. That and breaking unions.

She didn't deserve this ugly treatment. The Democrats are over-playing their hand now. Their treatment of her was vicious and unnecessary. I think most Americans see that.

No. Us Michiganders said FUCK NO to the Devoss family and their ideas. So why the fuck would Trump pluck that Billionaire out of obscurity and appoint her to run schools? Does he owe Amway money? We will never know because Trump didn't release his taxes so we don't know who he owes.

Is it because He doesn't like public schools? His kids and the Devoss kids never went to public schools so how do they know they are failing? I think they just want the tax breaks. That's all it's ever about with Republicans. They don't want to fix failing schools. They want the teachers to make less.

Hey, fuck public schools. My rich brother sends his kids to private school and I don't have any kids. And I got my college degree a long time ago when college was affordable. I hope they jack up the price of school so that only the select few can get a good education. That will help my rich nephews out a lot and give them a huge head start out in life. My brother works very hard why shouldn't his kids get a better education than you schmucks?

They say pre school is a key factor in if someone turns out successful. Pre school is a great benefit for people who can afford it. I don't care about people who can't afford it. They should have thought about that before having kids. The birth rate needs to go down before the middle class will be valued at all.

And the birth rate has gone down because middle class people don't want to be poor so they don't have kids they can't afford. The only people who do that are poor people. And Republicans want to cut off welfare and foodstamps so that's going to cut the birth rate down too. That's why they want to ban abortion. They want to force poor people to have poor workers.

the content of the memos is emblematic of a broader shift within the GOP from a relative consensus among lawmakers that immigrants have been a boon to the economy and a symbol of the American dream to a more pessimistic view that includes prominent calls for reducing overall immigration levels.

RAISE Act, which would cut the number of family-based green cards issued each year in half, from about 1,000,000 to 500,000.

"There's no denying this generation-long surge in low-skilled immigration has hurt blue-collar wages," Cotton told reporters.

Come on my Michigan brother....Come to the dark side....:dev3:

Whet do you Moonies think she's going to do that makes you soil yourselves so?

The teachers unions are a major Democratic party cash cow, hence they are freaking out. Dem's raise taxes, give the money to the teachers unions, the unions kick back money to re-elect the Democrats who raise taxes, rinse and repeat. Its a scheme that would make a mob boss drool.

I can't wait until she is voted in today....it will be the beginning of the end of democrat fascism indoctrination......
I hope she isn't.

She doesn't have a clue about public education, and can only screw it up more than it already is.

I'm surprised to hear you say this.

DeVos as the OP pointed out, doesn't grasp that public education is a farce. She is looking at what will provide the best education to the greatest number of students.

Isn't that kind of nice for a change?

She's not acceptable because she wants to keep American children so they grow up to be Republican.

It's OK. There are plenty educated immigrants we can bring in to do jobs Republicans can't. We know that works. Trump has done it his entire career.

So, if children get a legitimate education, they will become Republicans? You have a point.

Come on my Michigan brother....Come to the dark side....:dev3:
I'm there. The American middle class doesn't deserve a liberal progressive government. Class warfare exists and they/we lost. So now it's more of a every man for himself society. I should benefit from thiss at my stage in life.

I have zero to lose with Mrs devoss. Maybe she will prove me wrong too. And if public school families complain then maybe they should have voted Hillary. Stay tuned.

Considering that Public Education is the default position and currently must take any and all regardless of ability and desire.....it does quite well.

That has got to be a joke....We are failing our children....Don't believe me about DeVos? Maybe listen to a fellow traveler....

"Former Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman also appeared before his onetime colleagues to introduce DeVos.

"We just can't accept the status quo in education anymore," Lieberman said. "We need a change agent and an education reformer to be education secretary ... and that is exactly the kind of education secretary I believe Betsy DeVos can and will be."

Trump education pick DeVos promotes school choice at confirmation hearing
How do YOU change a system that has to take all whether they are qualified or even want to be there?

How successful would a football team be if it was run the same way?...having to take all whether they were physically qualified or even wanted to be there?

It is called vouchers.
Why can't parents move their kids to the private/charter school of their CHOICE without mooching off the government?

Exactly

If someone hates public schools and would never send their children there, why should the taxpayers help them
They are.taxpayers, dumbass.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

DeVos.jpg

And what have unions done for the kids? Nothing. But you can tell she is a fine pick by just how much the lib/progs are losing their minds....
Expect major changes. Bye bye teachers union.

My Republican buddy's wife is a teacher. They got into a heated argument and told him he'd have to shoot her before she would vote for trump. See her stupid husband doesn't realize what voting for Trump does to teaches pay, pensions, job security. The guy just fucked his own future.

I think it's great. Teachers should only make 40k not $70k

Betsy Devos is Trump's pick to be secretary of education.....she is totally unacceptable......

--The public education system is not about educating children and she doesn't understand this.....

--the Public education system is meant to distribute money from taxpayers to the democrat party.....taxes pay teachers salaries, the salaries go to union dues, the union dues go to pay off democrat politicians, the democrat politicians raise taxes on the taxpayers and increase salaries and benefits to the teachers...in a never ending money laundering cycle.....DeVos does not understand this....

--Making sure that American children get an education so that they can become adults who can provide for themselves and their families....is not the goal of public education......Americans who are self sufficient do not become democrats....DeVos does not understand this...

She is completely unaccetable......she actually believes that it is her job to help educate American Children...to give them a chance at a future where they are fully actualized human beings, without the need for government hand outs....

She must not only be opposed, she must be destroyed..
What have YOU done to fix that in your town with your local school board?

We moved out of New York City and got our kids into Byram Hills. It's a public school but 99.9% of the other parents share our love and respect for a good education.

And what have unions done for the kids? Nothing. But you can tell she is a fine pick by just how much the lib/progs are losing their minds....

My Republican buddy's wife is a teacher. They got into a heated argument and told him he'd have to shoot her before she would vote for trump. See her stupid husband doesn't realize what voting for Trump does to teaches pay, pensions, job security. The guy just fucked his own future.

Most teachers should make $0 as teachers and be in another profession. Some exceptional teachers like my sister in law should make $200,000 because her students will be prepared to succeed in life and will generate tens of millions to the world

Most teachers should make $0 as teachers and be in another profession. Some exceptional teachers like my sister in law should make $200,000 because her students will be prepared to succeed in life and will generate tens of millions to the world
Fascist democrat teachers unions prohibit that however.....

I like what Dan Proft, a radio host and political activist said......she should lead the way to close the Dept. of Education and simply block grant the education dollars to the states and let them handle it....

I can't wait until she is voted in today....it will be the beginning of the end of democrat fascism indoctrination......
I hope she isn't.

She doesn't have a clue about public education, and can only screw it up more than it already is.

I really doubt you van screw it up more. I have no issue with vouchers, try em, it cant get worse.

and the people that live in areas with limited access to schools that use vouchers ?
Well the point is to be able to use any school. Public schools are now social labs, they dont even try to teach real subjects.
"they dont [sic] even try to teach real subjects"......how so?

They worry about sex ed or how to live as roommates, alot of bullshit that isnt useful.

They need to stick to the real subjects and have people know it.

Were graduating people who cant read in the inner cities. Thats disgusting and liberals just move em.on to get more money, they wouldnt dare investigate as to WHY that is happening.

devos is THE MOST UNQUALIFIED person of all time past and future, to hold this position.... our nation and children were just screwed from the back and front.... but you all like that..... sickos!

How the hell would you know?

What makes.the previous ones better qualified and be specific.

This is rediculous. Noone cares about his taxes, so stop trying to work it in

Obamas kids didnt go to public school. They went to the most prestigious school in DC. Did you have an issue with that?

And if too many people are being born, why do you democrats want more people to vome.here over the border?

Do you even think about your arguments. You cant say there are too many people the advocate open borders......

Forum List

Back