Bette Midler "West Virginia…poor, illiterate, and strung out"

They inherited Section 8 Housing! No matter what is built and is given, many of the places eventually end up run down with the infrastructure stolen from them. I understand the poor. Most of the Programs we see are Prog engineered. So who do you blame? You make West Virginia out to be the ghetto of the nation. One thing. White males that are poor are not first on the list of who gets more of the government programs.
I blame those people in this country who created the conspiracy of "forcing poverty" onto certain populations to begin with. We put black people in section 8 to keep them out of mainstream society. That's not opportunity, that's segregated poverty. The whites who worked in the coal mines of West Virginia who got the Black Lung disease, along with their families, are suffering today as a result of corporate control by way of the coal industry. These people were used basically for slave labor, working in horrible and unsafe conditions at the expense of huge profits for the coal industry. They worked these jobs because there wasn't anything better and safer fo them to do.

West Virginia has been named one of the worst with school systems, so there goes your education. And as long as you are not educated, you tend to vote against your own best interests, because you are easily influenced. And when you vote against your own best interests, what is the result? Poverty, illiteracy, and drugs.

With no education and no opportunity, West Virginia citizens fell prey to a planned corporate conspiracy, that has never benefited them. Midler is correct

I blame those people in this country who created the conspiracy of "forcing poverty" onto certain populations to begin with. We put black people in section 8 to keep them out of mainstream society. That's not opportunity, that's segregated poverty. The whites who worked in the coal mines of West Virginia who got the Black Lung disease, along with their families, are suffering today as a result of corporate control by way of the coal industry. These people were used basically for slave labor, working in horrible and unsafe conditions at the expense of huge profits for the coal industry. They worked these jobs because there wasn't anything better and safer fo them to do.

West Virginia has been named one of the worst with school systems, so there goes your education. And as long as you are not educated, you tend to vote against your own best interests, because you are easily influenced. And when you vote against your own best interests, what is the result? Poverty, illiteracy, and drugs.

With no education and no opportunity, West Virginia citizens fell prey to a planned corporate conspiracy, that has never benefited them. Midler is correct

Negative, I guess you never heard of the Appalachian Exodus.....Thousands of families pulled-up roots and headed to factory cities during WW-2 and in the post WW-2 years.

Declining opportunity coupled with constant labor strife in the coal fields forced many out after the war.....Many more were returning war vets that realized that there was a darn good life to be had outside of the hardscrabble coal field life. 30% of blacks in Appalachia moved out during that time too.

After WW-2 if you lived/worked in Appalachia it was because you wanted to. Opportunities abounded in Ohio and PA, sometimes only a couple hours drive away.

Negative, I guess you never heard of the Appalachian Exodus.....Thousands of families pulled-up roots and headed to factory cities during WW-2 and in the post WW-2 years.

Declining opportunity coupled with constant labor strife in the coal fields forced many out after the war.....Many more were returning war vets that realized that there was a darn good life to be had outside of the hardscrabble coal field life. 30% of blacks in Appalachia moved out during that time too.

After WW-2 if you lived/worked in Appalachia it was because you wanted to. Opportunities abounded in Ohio and PA, sometimes only a couple hours drive away.
They wanted to, because they were uneducated, and told they would fair well, so they were easy prey. You just reminded us of the conspiracy I was talking about. False promises, and these people took the bait. So, you really don't know what the hell you are talking about. The coal mining industry didn't just up and go away after WWII. It still preyed on the vulnerable, gullible, and uneducated.

They wanted to, because they were uneducated, and told they would fair well, so they were easy prey. You just reminded us of the conspiracy I was talking about. False promises, and these people took the bait. So, you really don't know what the hell you are talking about. The coal mining industry didn't just up and go away after WWII. It still preyed on the vulnerable, gullible, and uneducated.
Well I did not say that the smart ones stayed behind. ;)

That and the heads of households had a huge influence on the rest of the family and kept them in poverty.

It's just that when those that got out to serve our country for X number of years they found that they did not have to go back underground.

Well I did not say that the smart ones stayed behind. ;)

That and the heads of households had a huge influence on the rest of the family and kept them in poverty.

It's just that when those that got out to serve our country for X number of years they found that they did not have to go back underground.
We'll, but isn't that what Midler was talking about? "Illiterate?" Uneducated is what that means.

The rest of your post I agree.

Bette Midler has come under fire from both conservatives and liberals after she tweeted that Senator Joe Manchin ‘wants us all to be just like his state, West Virginia…poor, illiterate, and strung out.’
The First Wives Club actress infuriated thousands with her snobbish missive, which said: 'What #JoeManchin, who represents a population smaller than Brooklyn, has done to the rest of America, who wants to move forward, not backward, like his state, is horrible.

Comment:
Midler is a typical Angry Progressive Bigot.
The reality is that the Left Wingers are not truly compassionate people.
Hollywood loves to ridicule poor white people.
It can be seen in TV Shows and Movies all of the time.
Liberals have a huge supremacy problem.

BTW
CA literacy rate 76.9
West Virginia literacy rate 86.6
Yes, West Virginia isn't anywhere near Hollywood. Therefore, they must all be stupid Hillbillies who walk around with no shoes and smoke corncob pipes.

The Sage of Main Street needs to explain.
Innocence by Disassociation

They "vote against their interest" because the Preppy Democratic Party started grouping in hard-working and productive miners with lazy Afram parasites. Logic would tell you that the HeirHead Democrats are subconsciously driven to help their fellow richkids, the Republicans, by driving their former voters into reacting to their degenerate agenda. It's the old Bad Cop, Good Cop scheme.

So Leftists should quit saying that the White working class are fools and go back to being racist, homophobic, anti-Green (which claims that miners destroy the environment), and male chauvinist. Snobbery is also revealed in judging Reagan Democrats as not being smart enough to accept the disgusting Preppy Progressive fads "for their own good."

Innocence by Disassociation

They "vote against their interest" because the Preppy Democratic Party started grouping in hard-working and productive miners with lazy Afram parasites. Logic would tell you that the HeirHead Democrats are subconsciously driven to help their fellow richkids, the Republicans, by driving their former voters into reacting to their degenerate agenda. It's the old Bad Cop, Good Cop scheme.

So Leftists should quit saying that the White working class are fools and go back to being racist, homophobic, anti-Green (which claims that miners destroy the environment), and male chauvinist. Snobbery is also revealed in judging Reagan Democrats as not being smart enough to accept the disgusting Preppy Progressive fads "for their own good."
Do you deny that there are strung-out meth-heads and fentanyl addicts and OD’s in WV?
The destruction of the coal industry by the elitist snobs causes that.

My impression of that part of the country is the filth ... and that's due to overcrowding ... there's always someone upstream pooping in the creeks and rivers ... yuck ...

It's not like California is any better, but at least they feel guilty about pooping in the creeks and rivers upstream from someone else's drinking water supply ... yuck ...

Yeah ... I just said West Virginia was overpopulated ... what does this imply about where you live ha ha ha ha ha ...

Have you ever actually BEEN to West Virginia?

You giving the city slicker derived Bachelors degree spew or greater education that is not any good with the endless bullshit. There are richer and poorer areas. Since cities have spent untold resources on poverty, perhaps you should cure that first. Every level of government in rich blue states is taxing citizens from the most rural areas to give to the ghettos of the same. The costs get higher and higher. West Virginia is not as fortunate as those Blue ruled states. But they are more independent. P.s....go to the main line rich people in the burbs of the cities to give up their wealth. Believe me, they have their views on the peasants and the sub peasants.

Forum List

Back