Bias attack says NYPD on NYC subway in Brooklyn

Why does it even matter? Bias crime. Hate crime. Same difference. But don't worry if anyone kicks the bejesus out of you while calling you a white devil, they'll be charged under whatever bias/hate stature exists.

Seriously, other than white male Christians whining, I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is
You hit the nail on the head. For centuries it was ok for whites to kill, hang, maim etc any Black people they could find without threat of of repercussion. When it became legal for Blacks to fight back you saw a drastic drop in white on Black violence as these white males are basically cowards that need the full strength of the law to back them. Now when a Black person attacks a white person it causes them stress because they cant go out and burn a Black town to the ground in retaliation.

I don't think it's that either. I think we're dealing with people who are frightened and see the advantages they get from being born white Christian and make diminishing b
If you knew that the events like Black Wall Street and Rosewood were not just isolated events you may begin to agree with me. Check out the book Buried In the Bitter Waters. That part of american history has been all but hidden. I think that has a large part to do with the phenomenon as well.
And to repeat, that is history. We are talking about now. We are equals and should be treated as such. Equal laws for equal people. No one should get away with a HATE CRIME, black white, or purple.
That history has to be publicized and dealt with. Whites like to hide it which creates more animosity and have not paid for what they have done. Of course no one should get away with a hate crime but thats just what generations of whites did. They got away with hate crimes.

Just who "is to pay for what they have done?" Since whites got away with Hate Crimes in history, whites should pay the price now by allowing beatings from blacks on whites without recourse? Is that why that black man who beat the white man and told the "cracka to get out of the blacks area..you don't belong here!" isn't going to be prosecuted? Becauseone of his ancestors was beaten... so this 44 year old white guy should get that beating today... Just when does this retaliation stop?

The US has passed laws to prevent that kind of discrimination against blacks, passed Affirmative Action laws to give them an economic boost above whites, Hate Crime laws have been established to enhance any crimes against blacks...but that is not enough. Just what needs to be done to whites to even that playing field? Is anything ever going to be enough?

You hit the nail on the head. For centuries it was ok for whites to kill, hang, maim etc any Black people they could find without threat of of repercussion. When it became legal for Blacks to fight back you saw a drastic drop in white on Black violence as these white males are basically cowards that need the full strength of the law to back them. Now when a Black person attacks a white person it causes them stress because they cant go out and burn a Black town to the ground in retaliation.

I don't think it's that either. I think we're dealing with people who are frightened and see the advantages they get from being born white Christian and make diminishing b
If you knew that the events like Black Wall Street and Rosewood were not just isolated events you may begin to agree with me. Check out the book Buried In the Bitter Waters. That part of american history has been all but hidden. I think that has a large part to do with the phenomenon as well.
And to repeat, that is history. We are talking about now. We are equals and should be treated as such. Equal laws for equal people. No one should get away with a HATE CRIME, black white, or purple.
That history has to be publicized and dealt with. Whites like to hide it which creates more animosity and have not paid for what they have done. Of course no one should get away with a hate crime but thats just what generations of whites did. They got away with hate crimes.

Just who "is to pay for what they have done?" Since whites got away with Hate Crimes in history, whites should pay the price now by allowing beatings from blacks on whites without recourse? Is that why that black man who beat the white man and told the "cracka to get out of the blacks area..you don't belong here!" isn't going to be prosecuted? Becauseone of his ancestors was beaten... so this 44 year old white guy should get that beating today... Just when does this retaliation stop?

The US has passed laws to prevent that kind of discrimination against blacks, passed Affirmative Action laws to give them an economic boost above whites, Hate Crime laws have been established to enhance any crimes against blacks...but that is not enough. Just what needs to be done to whites to even that playing field? Is anything ever going to be enough?
The US should pay just like the US paid for unfairly interning the Japanese. The US collectively allowed it and did nothing about it for centuries. Where did you get the idea that meant Blacks should be able to just beat on white people?

The US didnt pass affirmative action for Blacks to get an economic boost above whites. If that was the case then only Black people would benefit from it and white people couldnt take advantage of affirmative action like white women have. Affirmative Action has only added to the economic disparity by giving the white family 2 bread earners. Its already been mentioned that reparations are long overdue. Whites cant stand that though so it will never happen and Blacks will continue to feel animosity towards whites because they know white people as a group do not want equality. They only pay it lip service.

Why does it even matter? Bias crime. Hate crime. Same difference. But don't worry if anyone kicks the bejesus out of you while calling you a white devil, they'll be charged under whatever bias/hate stature exists.

Seriously, other than white male Christians whining, I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is
You shouldn't have said that last sentence. Just who, pray tell, burns towns down, loots and destroy local businesses.

For years blacks were ostracized, physically harmed, ridiculed and treated like dirt. Those times are changing and the culprits are found and prosecuted. Finally!

But we cannot go backwards...this will bring only animosity and the circle of abuse continues.
Let's be fair. We are in the present, now.
If a black is physically assaulted, verbally assaulted with racist speech we damn well expect the perpetrator to be arrested with a Hate Crime and prosecuted. That is the right thing to do.

Conversely, If a white is physically assaulted, verbally assaulted with racist speech, we had damn well expect the perpetrator to be arrested with a Hate Crime and prosecuted. That, too, is the right thing to do.

Why shouldnt I have said that last sentence? Whites are the ones that burn towns, loot, and destroy businesses. Their methods have changed since it became illegal to do so but they still make laws that unfairly target Blacks and Mexicans, allow the police to brutalize Blacks and Mexicans, send more people of color to prison for the same crimes whites do and for longer.
Provide a link for the bolded statement you just provided.
6 Interesting Things You Didn't Know About ‘Black Wall Street’ - Atlanta Black Star

If you need more than one please read the book I suggested earlier called Buried in the Bitter Waters.
The Tulsa riots were horrible! Tell me about more white riots against the blacks. I'll see you one and up you 2:

n August 11, 1965, a black motorist was arrested for drunk driving. A minor roadside argument broke out, and then escalated into a fight. The community reacted in outrage. Six days of looting and arson, especially of white-owned businesses, followed.Los Angeles police needed the support of nearly 4,000 members of the California Army National Guard to quell the riots, which resulted in 34 deaths and over $40 million in property damage.

The1992 Los Angeles riots, also known as theRodney King riots, theSouth Central riots, the1992 Los Angeles civil disturbance, the1992 Los Angeles civil unrest, and theLos Angeles uprising,[1] were a series of riots,lootings,arsons, and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County,California, in 1992. The riot started in South Central Los Angeles and then spread out into other areas over a six-day period within the Los Angeles metropolitan area in California, beginning in April 1992. The riots started on April 29 after a trial jury acquitted four police officers of the Los Angeles Police Department of the use of excessive force in the videotaped arrest and beating of Rodney King, following a high-speed police chase. Thousands of people throughout the metropolitan area in Los Angeles rioted over six days following the announcement of the verdict.

Widespread looting, assault, arson, and killings occurred during the riots, and estimates of property damage was over $1 billion. The rioting ended after members of theCalifornia Army National Guard, the7th Infantry Division, and the1st Marine Divisionwere called in to stop the rioting when the local police could not control the situation. In total, 55 people were killed during the riots and over 2,000 people were injured.

The 1967 Detroit riot, also known as the12th Street riot, was a violent public disorde that turned into a civil disturbance in Detroit,Michigan. It began on a Saturday night in the early morning hours of July 23, 1967. The precipitating event was a police raid of an unlicensed, after-hours bar then known as a blind pig,on the corner of 12th (today Rosa Parks Boulevard) and Clairmount streets on the city's Near West Side. Police confrontations with patrons and observers on the street evolved into one of the deadliest and most destructive riots in the history of the United States, lasting five days and surpassing the violence and property destruction of Detroit's 1943 race riot.

To help end the disturbance,GovernorGeorge W. Romneyordered theMichigan Army National Guardinto Detroit, andPresidentLyndon B. Johnsonsent in both the82ndand101st Airborne Divisions. The result was 43 dead, 1,189 injured, over 7,200 arrests, and more than 2,000 buildings destroyed

Let's don't play games with history or one upsmanship. Blacks and whites have been treated poorly in the past and behaved poorly in the past. Let it go.

Many people have worked hard for equal rights in this country. No more retaliation, just follow the laws we've made over the years and apply them equally.

You shouldn't have said that last sentence. Just who, pray tell, burns towns down, loots and destroy local businesses.

For years blacks were ostracized, physically harmed, ridiculed and treated like dirt. Those times are changing and the culprits are found and prosecuted. Finally!

But we cannot go backwards...this will bring only animosity and the circle of abuse continues.
If a black is physically assaulted, verbally assaulted with racist speech we damn well expect the perpetrator to be arrested with a Hate Crime and prosecuted. That is the right thing to do.

Conversely, If a white is physically assaulted, verbally assaulted with racist speech, we had damn well expect the perpetrator to be arrested with a Hate Crime and prosecuted. That, too, is the right thing to do.

Why shouldnt I have said that last sentence? Whites are the ones that burn towns, loot, and destroy businesses. Their methods have changed since it became illegal to do so but they still make laws that unfairly target Blacks and Mexicans, allow the police to brutalize Blacks and Mexicans, send more people of color to prison for the same crimes whites do and for longer.
6 Interesting Things You Didn't Know About ‘Black Wall Street’ - Atlanta Black Star

If you need more than one please read the book I suggested earlier called Buried in the Bitter Waters.
The Tulsa riots were horrible! Tell me about more white riots against the blacks. I'll see you one and up you 2:

n August 11, 1965, a black motorist was arrested for drunk driving. A minor roadside argument broke out, and then escalated into a fight. The community reacted in outrage. Six days of looting and arson, especially of white-owned businesses, followed.Los Angeles police needed the support of nearly 4,000 members of the California Army National Guard to quell the riots, which resulted in 34 deaths and over $40 million in property damage.

The1992 Los Angeles riots, also known as theRodney King riots, theSouth Central riots, the1992 Los Angeles civil disturbance, the1992 Los Angeles civil unrest, and theLos Angeles uprising,[1] were a series of riots,lootings,arsons, and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County,California, in 1992. The riot started in South Central Los Angeles and then spread out into other areas over a six-day period within the Los Angeles metropolitan area in California, beginning in April 1992. The riots started on April 29 after a trial jury acquitted four police officers of the Los Angeles Police Department of the use of excessive force in the videotaped arrest and beating of Rodney King, following a high-speed police chase. Thousands of people throughout the metropolitan area in Los Angeles rioted over six days following the announcement of the verdict.

Widespread looting, assault, arson, and killings occurred during the riots, and estimates of property damage was over $1 billion. The rioting ended after members of theCalifornia Army National Guard, the7th Infantry Division, and the1st Marine Divisionwere called in to stop the rioting when the local police could not control the situation. In total, 55 people were killed during the riots and over 2,000 people were injured.

The 1967 Detroit riot, also known as the12th Street riot, was a violent public disorde that turned into a civil disturbance in Detroit,Michigan. It began on a Saturday night in the early morning hours of July 23, 1967. The precipitating event was a police raid of an unlicensed, after-hours bar then known as a blind pig,on the corner of 12th (today Rosa Parks Boulevard) and Clairmount streets on the city's Near West Side. Police confrontations with patrons and observers on the street evolved into one of the deadliest and most destructive riots in the history of the United States, lasting five days and surpassing the violence and property destruction of Detroit's 1943 race riot.

To help end the disturbance,GovernorGeorge W. Romneyordered theMichigan Army National Guardinto Detroit, andPresidentLyndon B. Johnsonsent in both the82ndand101st Airborne Divisions. The result was 43 dead, 1,189 injured, over 7,200 arrests, and more than 2,000 buildings destroyed

Let's don't play games with history or one upsmanship. Blacks and whites have been treated poorly in the past and behaved poorly in the past. Let it go.

Many people have worked hard for equal rights in this country. No more retaliation, just follow the laws we've made over the years and apply them equally.
I'm not playing games. You asked me for proof and i gave it to you. No it wont be let go until the actions of whites have been addressed. Sorry but thats pretty much human nature. You or your ancestors commit a definable wrong and you pay for it and make it right. Its one of the principles our sense of humanity is built on. Until that happens there will continue to be animosity.

The US should pay just like the US paid for unfairly interning the Japanese. The US collectively allowed it and did nothing about it for centuries. Where did you get the idea that meant Blacks should be able to just beat on white people?

The US didnt pass affirmative action for Blacks to get an economic boost above whites. If that was the case then only Black people would benefit from it and white people couldnt take advantage of affirmative action like white women have. Affirmative Action has only added to the economic disparity by giving the white family 2 bread earners. Its already been mentioned that reparations are long overdue. Whites cant stand that though so it will never happen and Blacks will continue to feel animosity towards whites because they know white people as a group do not want equality. They only pay it lip service.
Where did I get the idea that meant Blacks should be able to just beat on white people? That is what started this thread.

A black beat up a white man and assaulted his fiancee calling him a "cracka" and "get out of his town, he didn't belong there". Instead if charging him with a Hate Crime, it was a Bias Incident. A Bias Incident was inappropriate for I posted the two definitions of Hate Crime and Bias Incident. The black man was guilty of the Hate Crime, but avoided it because he was black. That is not equality.

Where did I get the idea that meant Blacks should be able to just beat on white people? That is what started this thread.

A black beat up a white man and assaulted his fiancee calling him a "cracka" and "get out of his town, he didn't belong there". Instead if charging him with a Hate Crime, it was a Bias Incident. A Bias Incident was inappropriate for I posted the two definitions of Hate Crime and Bias Incident. The black man was guilty of the Hate Crime, but avoided it because he was black. That is not equality.
The Black man is not guilty of anything until he has had his day in court. The link I saw doesnt even say they caught the guy. How did he get charged with anything?

I'm not playing games. You asked me for proof and i gave it to you. No it wont be let go until the actions of whites have been addressed. Sorry but thats pretty much human nature. You or your ancestors commit a definable wrong and you pay for it and make it right. Its one of the principles are sense of humanity is built on. Until that happens there will continue to be animosity.
I asked for proof for your statement, " Whites are the ones that burn towns, loot, and destroy businesses." Your statement implied ONLY whites burns town, loot and destroy businesses.
I proved to you, blacks do indeed do the same except more often with greater damage.

Of course the actions of whites have been addressed! What were the Civil Rights Laws passed for? Why was Affirmative Action passed by a predominantly white administration and Congress?
"White ancestors committed a definable wrong and we paid for it and made it right. Its one of the principles our sense of humanity is built on." What more do you want? You got desegregation now you want segregation. What is that will finally let you move on?

The Black man is not guilty of anything until he has had his day in court. The link I saw doesnt even say they caught the guy. How did he get charged with anything?

The last statement in the article:
"
The last statement in the article basically proves my point. They cant call it a hate crime until they find out the reasons. Since they havent caught anyone how can they call it a hate crime?

"
The last statement in the article basically proves my point. They cant call it a hate crime until they find out the reasons. Since they havent caught anyone how can they call it a hate crime?
Read the blooming article!

"
I did read the article. It says no arrest has been made. My guess is that the incident is really that his girlfriend fucked him up and he is blaming it on some imaginary Black guy.

The last statement in the article: The NYPD has classified the attack as a bias incident.
"
I did read the article. It says no arrest has been made.
Yes, and if the suspect is arrested, the attack is classified as a "bias incident." Now read the article again, maybe four more times if necessary.

The last statement in the article: The NYPD has classified the attack as a bias incident.
"
Yes, and if the suspect is arrested, the attack is classified as a "bias incident." Now read the article again, maybe four more times if necessary.
You do realize they can change the classification based on what is learned after arresting the suspect right? Thats even if a real suspect exists. Just because a random white guy makes a claim that doesnt mean they should automatically call it a hate crime. For all we know he could have called the Black guy a racially derogatory name and got his ass kicked for that.

"
You do realize they can change the classification based on what is learned after arresting the suspect right? Thats even if a real suspect exists. Just because a random white guy makes a claim that doesnt mean they should automatically call it a hate crime. For all we know he could have called the Black guy a racially derogatory name and got his ass kicked for that.
No. Before they have an arrest warrant, they must have designated a crime. There are at least three witnesses. You are playing games now, I am done.

No. Before they have an arrest warrant, they must have designated a crime. There are at least three witnesses. You are playing games now, I am done.
Wrong. They can arrest the allegedly Black guy for jaywalking and then change it to a hate crime. If the 3 witnesses are white there is no guarantee they are not lying. You were done when you claimed that the charges couldnt be changed.

Then arrest him and charge him with a hate crime. Boom, done.

"The NYPD has classified the attack as a bias incident." Gee, ya think???
So, when it is against a black, it is a HATE CRIME..
When it is against a white, it's a BIAS INCIDENT????

So much for equality. Not in NY!
There cannot be equality when we do not have equality in our courts and law.

As it stands today the 'reasonable person' standard is not used in our courts if any kind of minority is involved. It then becomes a 'reasonable minority' standard or perspective. For example, normally if Bob and Ted get into a fight because Ted called Bob a bad name, whether Ted used 'fighting words' or not is determined by the 'reasonable person' standard, i.e. what a reasonable person would react to. But if a white man calls a black man a name or vice versa, then it becomes a 'reasonable black man' standard, i.e. what would a reasonable black man do in this situation, and that determines the guilt or innosense of the white person involved. This began with a change in favor of women and against men in a sexual harassment case where the 'reasonable person' standard was tossed for the 'reasonable woman' standard but it has since become applied to all minority cases of any kind.

White male Christian heterosexuals do NOT have equality before the law.

Equality! White Christians Herero or not have superiority before the law. The whole white victim thing wears thin after a while.

Now stop it please.
But, but, you said:

"Jillian: "hate crime is a conversational description. the police align their language more with the statute.

stop whining,

white people aren't the subject of very many bias crimes. so i'd suggest you put on your big boy pants."

But you said Hate Crime is just a conversational description. I didn't see any reference to it being a Conversational term. Believe me I am not whining. Just need to be caught up with the conversation description. Could you please give me a link?

But will they ?
Are you scared?

Ummmmm, noooooo, I just want consistency.

"The NYPD has classified the attack as a bias incident." Gee, ya think???
So, when it is against a black, it is a HATE CRIME..
When it is against a white, it's a BIAS INCIDENT????

So much for equality. Not in NY!
There cannot be equality when we do not have equality in our courts and law.

As it stands today the 'reasonable person' standard is not used in our courts if any kind of minority is involved. It then becomes a 'reasonable minority' standard or perspective. For example, normally if Bob and Ted get into a fight because Ted called Bob a bad name, whether Ted used 'fighting words' or not is determined by the 'reasonable person' standard, i.e. what a reasonable person would react to. But if a white man calls a black man a name or vice versa, then it becomes a 'reasonable black man' standard, i.e. what would a reasonable black man do in this situation, and that determines the guilt or innosense of the white person involved. This began with a change in favor of women and against men in a sexual harassment case where the 'reasonable person' standard was tossed for the 'reasonable woman' standard but it has since become applied to all minority cases of any kind.

White male Christian heterosexuals do NOT have equality before the law.

Equality! White Christians Herero or not have superiority before the law. The whole white victim thing wears thin after a while.

Now stop it please.
But, but, you said:

"Jillian: "hate crime is a conversational description. the police align their language more with the statute.

stop whining,

white people aren't the subject of very many bias crimes. so i'd suggest you put on your big boy pants."

But you said Hate Crime is just a conversational description. I didn't see any reference to it being a Conversational term. Believe me I am not whining. Just need to be caught up with the conversation description. Could you please give me a link?

But will they ?
Are you scared?

Ummmmm, noooooo, I just want consistency.
You must be afraid then. Afraid they wont be consistent.

Forum List

Back