Bible criticism

th

The Code of Hammurabi is a well-preserved Babylonian law code of ancient Mesopotamia, dating back to about 1754 BC (Middle Chronology). It is one of the oldest deciphered writings of significant length in the world.

written law is etched in stone, there must be a reason, they meant what they said ...

if the bibles were similar in importance it only stands to reason SOMEONE would etch them in stone and yet not a sole bothered to take the time ... time away from their more important duties than future posterity ... and reasoning.

Because illiteracy was the rule of the day and papyrus wore out VERY quickly.

and papyrus wore out VERY quickly ...

I get it, that's why it would not have been a good idea to etch their religion in stone for verification and by the way it didn't work even when the Almighty tried it so why bother - thanks again for your hero Moses.

I have no clue as to the context of your remarks.

a course to pass the GRD (high school diploma) is readily available for everyone - give it a shot, it might help.

An objective perusal of tonight's back and forth will clearly display your lack of ability to communicate a coherent idea.
Now please attempt to relay an idea clearly.
I am more than willing to have a conversation with someone who isn't inebriated.

damn-----hubby just gave me a little drink------only a little one---
really----just a drop shavuah tovah everyone

I get it, that's why it would not have been a good idea to etch their religion in stone for verification and by the way it didn't work even when the Almighty tried it so why bother - thanks again for your hero Moses.

a course to pass the GRD (high school diploma) is readily available for everyone - give it a shot, it might help.

I spent all day looking for my sissors
I spent all day looking for my sissors

scissors

almost a sentence - I enjoy reading your posts almost would like to figure them out ...

my comment refers to world history and THINGS----misplaced---&/or completely LOST

Apparently the Romans considered the Ark and it's contents to be of consequence.
Apparently the Romans did not consider the Code of Hammurabi to be of consequence.
Plus, NOBODY considers the Code of Hammurabi to be of a Holy origin.
Apparently the Romans did not consider the Code of Hammurabi to be of consequence.

th

The Code of Hammurabi is a well-preserved Babylonian law code of ancient Mesopotamia, dating back to about 1754 BC (Middle Chronology). It is one of the oldest deciphered writings of significant length in the world.

written law is etched in stone, there must be a reason, they meant what they said ...

if the bibles were similar in importance it only stands to reason SOMEONE would etch them in stone and yet not a sole bothered to take the time ... time away from their more important duties than future posterity ... and reasoning.

indeapendent

seriously, the jews seem most down to Earth religiously the desert religions to bad their blood line - being the practicals why wouldn't they have felt comfortable putting their beliefs to stone and certainly they knew then the properties of PAPYRUS.

like the young earth maybe they to did not exist.

christianity in particular has no natural setting for its verification and would cease to exist without the written documentation it relies on as well as the extent of the same documentation of the bibles not verified by historical records would likewise cease to exist.

Where do you get that the bible isn't verified by historical records? The Bible IS a historical record.

christianity in particular has no natural setting for its verification and would cease to exist without the written documentation it relies on as well as the extent of the same documentation of the bibles not verified by historical records would likewise cease to exist.

Where do you get that the bible isn't verified by historical records? The Bible IS a historical record.

Which part of the bible is historical?

Apparently the Romans considered the Ark and it's contents to be of consequence.

th

indeapendent

seriously, the jews seem most down to Earth religiously the desert religions to bad their blood line - being the practicals why wouldn't they have felt comfortable putting their beliefs to stone and certainly they knew then the properties of PAPYRUS.

like the young earth maybe they to did not exist.

There is a Command in the Torah for every Jew to have their own copy of the Torah so they can study it every chance they have.
However, throughout history, it has always been expensive to commit other Holy writings to paper, especially amongst post 2nd Temple history where nations went out of their way to destroy the Jewish Scriptures.

Why don't you reverse engineer history for us to prove the Talmud never really existed?
Why don't you reverse engineer history for us to prove the Prophets never really existed?
Why don't you reverse engineer history for us to prove the Torah is fiction?

historically concentric, though excluding the religion ... supposedly its purpose - mixing fact with fiction, to capture their souls, Spirits.

historically concentric, though excluding the religion ... supposedly its purpose - mixing fact with fiction, to capture their souls, Spirits.

Try complete sentences, fruitcake.

Why don't you reverse engineer history for us to prove the Talmud never really existed?
Why don't you reverse engineer history for us to prove the Prophets never really existed?

The bible is not a historical , one could not argue that there are historical parts, but its fiction based on some truths. They are actually taking the bible and making it history, not the other way around. I would not doubt if some Israelites dug some holes in the Sinai desert and planted some item to prove the exodus. Of course we know the exodus did not happen as explained in the OT. Or Jonah in the belly a huge fish.

The bible is not a historical , one could not argue that there are historical parts, but its fiction based on some truths. They are actually taking the bible and making it history, not the other way around. I would not doubt if some Israelites dug some holes in the Sinai desert and planted some item to prove the exodus. Of course we know the exodus did not happen as explained in the OT. Or Jonah in the belly a huge fish.
Er, no, it isn't fiction. It is a complete historical record that stands on it's own. Much, if not most, of it has been corroborated as accurate or at the very least probable.

I gave you an assignment which is easy enough to do given the tools at your disposal.

Er, no, it isn't fiction. It is a complete historical record that stands on it's own. Much, if not most, of it has been corroborated as accurate or at the very least probable.

No it hasn't , none of it has, except maybe the Babylon capture of Judean, and Assyrians capture of Israelite, beyond that is mainly oral stories handed down. The only reference the bible has is from the bible. Of course since the Greek and Romans writings. A whole lot of people of different tribes fighting each other in the OT.

I gave you an assignment which is easy enough to do given the tools at your disposal.

Of course they existed, the Talmud and the torah, the prophets, wise men, who knows who they really were and what they wrote, or who wrote what, where or when handed down stories can be put in books.

Of course they existed, the Talmud and the torah, the prophets, wise men, who knows who they really were and what they wrote, or who wrote what, where or when handed down stories can be put in books.
I guess finding exact same copies all over the Eastern Hemisphere sans telecommunications might be rather telling.

the issue is why the religion was not written in stone not an elementary history lesson ... the same as early Law.

perhaps law was treated differently than hocus pokus -

at any rate you have nothing of natural or historical proof (stone tablets) to verify anything you try and teach others as being authentic religiously - than mere hearsay. nothing new there ... fruity

I guess finding exact same copies all over the Eastern Hemisphere sans telecommunications might be rather telling.

You can write until the cows come home and that is what you do, to try and decipher the Oral Torah, and everything else. Because why, NO ONE KNOWS.

You can write until the cows come home and that is what you do, to try and decipher the Oral Torah, and everything else. Because why, NO ONE KNOWS.
And THAT'S the beauty of it.
Issues that are settled die.

And THAT'S the beauty of it.
Issues that are settled die.

Nothing is ever settled, no one knows what happens or why or how we all got here, or anything about the afterlife if there is one, we can all only wonder.

Forum List

Back