Bible History

"Punishment of the Guilty
Taking up a position near the entrance of the camp, Moses said: "Whoever is with G‑d, come to me!" The entire tribe of Levi gathered about him, and Moses ordered them to slay every one guilty of worshipping the Golden Calf, regardless of his position and relationship to them. That day, the seventeenth day of Tammuz, three thousand men of the children of Israel lost their lives, in punishment for their idolatry."

Moses killed all 3000. That ain't nothin'. As for the others, did they worship the Golden Calf?

ETA: Anyway, you enjoy not believing the one Bible so you are one who loves to mislead.

Last edited:
"Punishment of the Guilty
Taking up a position near the entrance of the camp, Moses said: "Whoever is with G‑d, come to me!" The entire tribe of Levi gathered about him, and Moses ordered them to slay every one guilty of worshipping the Golden Calf, regardless of his position and relationship to them. That day, the seventeenth day of Tammuz, three thousand men of the children of Israel lost their lives, in punishment for their idolatry."

Moses killed all 3000. That ain't nothin'. I'm not sure where you get your 600,000 or is that a story for another day?

Exodus 12:37 tells us that there were 600,000 able-bodied men, as well as their families. So, it’s safe to say there were probably over 2,000,000 Israelites plus their herds.

Exodus 12:37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to ...
37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Succoth with about 600,000 men on foot, besides women and children. 38 And a mixed multitude also went up with them, along …

Well, just because a book was organized in a certain way, doesn't mean it's true. Just because a book is written in first person, doesn't mean it's true. Just because a book is supposedly written by different people, doesn't mean it's written by those people.

And there are plenty of contradictions in the Bible. Even if these were eye witness accounts, these "eye witnesses" might be taking third hand information or worse

"After his baptism, “the spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. And he was in the wilderness forty days ... (Mark 1:12-13)"

"Next day after the baptism, Jesus selected two disciples. Second day: Jesus went to Galilee - two more disciples. Third day: Jesus was at a wedding feast in Cana in Galilee (see John 1:35; 1:43; 2:1-11)"

But you're right. Deciding the Big Bang happened, deciding that life appeared out of nowhere, it's blind faith. The problem is that many scientists merely make hypotheses in order to test them. It's how science works. You say something is so, not because you believe, but because you want to test.

Then again there are plenty of scientists who will decide that the theories they have are true. It's human nature to make things simpler for ourselves. Religion is the perfect example of that.

There's "good and evil". It's that simple. The Holocaust was "evil" because 6 million Jews and millions of others were killed in a 12 year period.

But it's not "evil" to kill trillions of animals a year.

Because "good and evil" is human-centric. The Bible is human-centic too. It's convenient for humans. It allows humans to feel good about themselves.

What "BS"..............the Bible simply presents a history, it contains the good, the bad and the ugly, its not about making someone "FEEL" good, talk to your liberal friends about FEELINGS ......the Bible is the only historical accounting where the entire truth is delivered, its not presented from a single point of view in order to mold GOOD FEELINGS to any nation of origin or particular group of peoples, it reveals many acts by man and God, it records the skeletons in the closets as well as the good that some men can do.........

Its a record written down by almost 40 different authors, all from different walks of life, all within different social positions, the Bible was written by sheep herders, physicians, royalty, tax collectors, fishermen...etc., and not one section of that entire canon of books though written by about 40 different authors contradicts one another's accounts in presenting the WHOLE TRUTH in a history of the Judeo/Christian faith. Recorded through divine inspiration that those who read might believe that eyewitness accounting.

No ........it means its true based upon eyewitness accounting and its stands as truth until you can produce something other than subjective BS ad hominem OPINION to refute those testimonies presented in that record called the Holy Scriptures.

What? Circular Logic/Reasoning, aka, a logical fallacy..........where you end at the same point you began without producing any new evidence other than rhetoric.....proves your point? :abgg2q.jpg: Stating the same thing over and over makes it true...no?

Again.......produce your evidence, objective in nature that is observable via everyone, reproducible via everyone, and consistent.......using Applied Science (real science that is applied to the laws of physics in order to point out facts) or History Actual, the actual record by other eyewitnesses that contradicts the accounts in scripture.

Thus far -0- + -0- still = -0- evidence you have produced.

Last edited:
No ........it means its true based upon eyewitness accounting and its stands as truth until you produce something other than subjective BS ad hominem OPINION to refute those testimonies presented in that record called the Holy Scriptures.

What? Circular Logic/Reasoning..........where you end at the same point you began without producing any new evidence other than rhetoric.....proves your point? :abgg2q.jpg:

Again.......produce your evidence, objective in nature that is observable via everyone, reproducible via everyone, and consistent.......using Applied Science (real science that is applied to the laws of physics in order to point out facts) or History Actual, the actual record by other eyewitnesses that contradicts the accounts in scripture.

Nope. Early Christian Writings: New Testament, Apocrypha, Gnostics, Church Fathers

Where is the objective evidence? :dunno: All "opinionated" subjectivity. Again......how old are you "12"? You keep parroting and pasting biased opinion void of any creditable substance......nothing but logical fallacy. Another "mental giant"? Are you capable of speaking your own mind or have you always been so gullible that you seek the accolade of your peers? :popcorn:

Y

What "BS"..............the Bible simply presents a history, it contains the good, the bad and the ugly, its not about making someone "FEEL" good, talk to your liberal friends about FEELINGS ......the Bible is the only historical accounting where the entire truth is delivered, its not presented from a single point of view in order to mold GOOD FEELINGS to any nation of origin or particular group of peoples, it reveals many acts by man and God, it records the skeletons in the closets as well as the good that some men can do.........

Its a record written down by almost 40 different authors, all from different walks of life, all within different social positions, the Bible was written by sheep herders, physicians, royalty, tax collectors, fishermen...etc., and not one section of that entire canon of books though written by about 40 different authors contradicts one another's accounts in presenting the WHOLE TRUTH in a history of the Judeo/Christian faith. Recorded through divine inspiration that those who read might believe that eyewitness accounting.

No ........it means its true based upon eyewitness accounting and its stands as truth until you can produce something other than subjective BS ad hominem OPINION to refute those testimonies presented in that record called the Holy Scriptures.

What? Circular Logic/Reasoning, aka, a logical fallacy..........where you end at the same point you began without producing any new evidence other than rhetoric.....proves your point? :abgg2q.jpg: Stating the same thing over and over makes it true...no?

Don't be afraid of education.

Exodus 12:37 tells us that there were 600,000 able-bodied men, as well as their families. So, it’s safe to say there were probably over 2,000,000 Israelites plus their herds.
So, what is your point misleading one?

The golden calf in the OT is difficult to relate to in today's environment imo. The message of not to put false gods before God is important.

It was important during King Jeroboam and Omri in their day for them to keep their people in line, but that was then and this is now.

Last edited:
So, what is your point misleading one?

The golden calf in part of the OT and difficult to relate to in today's environment. Sure, it was important during King Jeroboam and Omri in their day for them to keep their people in line, but that was then and this is now?

Idolatry is idolatry. You denied the Bible said 600,000 able bodied men.

Lol, it just means I didn't know about the golden calf story. What about you and basing the bible on Omri? He is your idol.

Why would I base the Bible on Omri? Judah and Israel had different creation stories. Didn't you know that?

Why would I base the Bible on Omri? Judah and Israel had different creation stories. Didn't you know that?
I should just point it out to you then. Misinformation abounds about the Bible through the antiChrist and the gnostics. They'll take true stories of the Bible to suit their purposes. The key is the gnostics and people like surada, they do not believe in Jesus. They deserve to get what they get. For example, they do not have the real Apostles backing them up. What they have are fake apostles who wrote their gnostic bible.

The gnostic Bible should be rejected outright. It is fake like the false apostles who wrote it and gnostic surada. It should not even be mentioned. surada and gnosticism can be rejected and ignored.

I should just point it out to you then. Misinformation abounds about the Bible through the antiChrist and the gnostics. They'll take true stories of the Bible to suit their purposes. The key is the gnostics and people like surada, they do not believe in Jesus. They deserve to get what they get. For example, they do not have the real Apostles backing them up. What they have are fake apostles who wrote their gnostic bible.

I'm not talking about gnostics.. I am speaking of serious scholars and archaeologists..

I have never seen a gnostic bible. Does it exist?

The gnostic Bible should be rejected outright. It is fake like the false apostles who wrote it and gnostic surada. It should not even be mentioned. surada and gnosticism can be rejected and ignored.
They deserve to get what they get. For example, they do not have the real Apostles backing them up. What they have are fake apostles who wrote their gnostic bible.
“Truly I say to you that this very night, before a cock crows, you shall deny Me three times.”
does - repentance - back them up ... and mary magdalene -
For these reasons, Mary Magdalene is known in some Christian traditions as the "apostle to the apostles". Mary Magdalene is a central figure in later Gnostic Christian writings, including the Dialogue of the Savior, the Pistis Sophia, the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Philip, and the Gospel of Mary. These texts portray Mary Magdalene as an apostle, as Jesus's closest and most beloved disciple and the only one who truly understood his teachings. In the Gnostic texts, or Gnostic gospels, Mary Magdalene's closeness to Jesus results in tension with another disciple, Peter, due to her sex and Peter's jealousy of special teachings given to her. Gospel of Philip's text where she is described as Jesus's companion, as the disciple Jesus loved the most and the one Jesus kissed on the mouth,[3][4] has led some people to conclude that she and Jesus were in a relationship. Some fiction portrays her as the wife of Jesus.
this is you bond, et al -
Mary then proceeds to describe the Gnostic cosmology in depth, revealing that she is the only one who has understood Jesus's true teachings.[124][125] Andrew the Apostle challenges Mary, insisting, "Say what you think about what she said, but I do not believe the savior said this. These teachings are strange ideas."[126][127] Peter responds, saying, "Did he really speak with a woman in private, without our knowledge? Should we all listen to her? Did he prefer her to us?"[126][127] Andrew and Peter's responses are intended to demonstrate that they do not understand Jesus's teachings[126][127] and that it is really only Mary who truly understands.[128][127] Matthew the Apostle comes to Mary's defense, giving a sharp rebuke to Peter:[126][127] "Peter, you are always angry. Now I see you arguing against this woman like an adversary. If the savior made her worthy, who are you to reject her? Surely the savior knows her well. That is why he loved her more than us."[129][127]
when they wrote their book in the 4th century one can only imagine who was invited - certainly liberation theology was left at the door step - or they would be shot.

does - repentance - back them up ... and mary magdalene -
For these reasons, Mary Magdalene is known in some Christian traditions as the "apostle to the apostles". Mary Magdalene is a central figure in later Gnostic Christian writings, including the Dialogue of the Savior, the Pistis Sophia, the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Philip, and the Gospel of Mary. These texts portray Mary Magdalene as an apostle, as Jesus's closest and most beloved disciple and the only one who truly understood his teachings. In the Gnostic texts, or Gnostic gospels, Mary Magdalene's closeness to Jesus results in tension with another disciple, Peter, due to her sex and Peter's jealousy of special teachings given to her. Gospel of Philip's text where she is described as Jesus's companion, as the disciple Jesus loved the most and the one Jesus kissed on the mouth,[3][4] has led some people to conclude that she and Jesus were in a relationship. Some fiction portrays her as the wife of Jesus.
this is you bond, et al -
Mary then proceeds to describe the Gnostic cosmology in depth, revealing that she is the only one who has understood Jesus's true teachings.[124][125] Andrew the Apostle challenges Mary, insisting, "Say what you think about what she said, but I do not believe the savior said this. These teachings are strange ideas."[126][127] Peter responds, saying, "Did he really speak with a woman in private, without our knowledge? Should we all listen to her? Did he prefer her to us?"[126][127] Andrew and Peter's responses are intended to demonstrate that they do not understand Jesus's teachings[126][127] and that it is really only Mary who truly understands.[128][127] Matthew the Apostle comes to Mary's defense, giving a sharp rebuke to Peter:[126][127] "Peter, you are always angry. Now I see you arguing against this woman like an adversary. If the savior made her worthy, who are you to reject her? Surely the savior knows her well. That is why he loved her more than us."[129][127]
when they wrote their book in the 4th century one can only imagine who was invited - certainly liberation theology was left at the door step - or they would be shot.
Why address me about it? Why don't you talk to gnostic surada? Gnostics love to revel in discussing Mary. Also, both of you are into abominations albeit yours is physical while his is spiritual, but it seems you want to get into some spiritual abominations today, too.

Why address me about it? Why don't you talk to gnostic surada? Gnostics love to revel in discussing Mary. Also, both of you are into abominations albeit yours is physical while his is spiritual, but it seems you want to get into some spiritual abominations today, too.

What abomination are you talking about Antiochus IV Epiphanes or Titus?

What abomination are you talking about Antiochus IV Epiphanes or Titus?
You got me at a disadvantage when you discuss OT. What do yours look like?

Moloch_the_god.gif

Abominations would be to God and he gives that in the first commandment. In the NT, it would be Molech -- Moloch - Wikipedia.

Today, we see other types of abominable animal/human/supernatural figures in horror stories and movies. I think these influence us today to see abominations as evil humans.

You got me at a disadvantage when you discuss OT. What do yours look like?

Moloch_the_god.gif

Abominations would be to God and he gives that in the first commandment. In the NT, it would be Molech. Today, we see other types of abominable animal/human/supernatural figures in horror stories and movies. I think these influence us today to see abominations as evil humans.

There are two Abominations of Desolation in the Bible.. When Antiochus defiled the Temple and again when Titus, the Roman soldiers and the foreign troops destroyed the Temple.

Forum List

Back