Bible verse quoting at Capitol Hill

A heated battle is brewing on Capitol Hill over cuts to the food stamp program, with lawmakers quoting Bible verses at each other and benefits for millions of people hanging in the balance.

Please see: Ax hovers over food stamp program as costs grow - In Plain Sight

So my question is (as always) Why doesn't this happen when the issue is CREATIONISM, PRAYER, & BIBLE READING in Public School? Why do some people suddenly get religious ONLY when it comes to the poor and needy? Perhaps the lack of Bible reading and prayer in our educational institutions is what brings about all the poor and needy in the first place --- lying, cheating, disrespect, foul language, drunkeness, premarital sex, drug addiction, etc... I guess no one sees any correlation here? Do they really feel that God does not see the hypocrisy.

Right. Nobody sees a correlation because there is none whatsoever. :cuckoo:

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A heated battle is brewing on Capitol Hill over cuts to the food stamp program, with lawmakers quoting Bible verses at each other and benefits for millions of people hanging in the balance.

So my question is (as always) Why doesn't this happen when the issue is CREATIONISM, PRAYER, & BIBLE READING in Public School? Why do some people suddenly get religious ONLY when it comes to the poor and needy? Perhaps the lack of Bible reading and prayer in our educational institutions is what brings about all the poor and needy in the first place --- lying, cheating, disrespect, foul language, drunkeness, premarital sex, drug addiction, etc... I guess no one sees any correlation here? Do they really feel that God does not see the hypocrisy.

Well, let me spell it out for you. If this isn't a "Christian" nation, founded on "Christian" understanding/values/principles, then liberals in the government shouldn't be expecting anyone to behave in a "Christian" manor when it comes to government intervention, and keep all mention of Christian behavior out of the picture (not exploiting it as a convenient Liberal trump card...)

Last edited:

Well, let me spell it out for you. If this isn't a "Christian" nation, founded on "Christian" understanding/values/principles, then liberals in the government shouldn't be expecting anyone to behave in a "Christian" manor when it comes to government intervention, and keep all mention of Christian behavior out of the picture (not exploiting it as a convenient Liberal trump card...)

I find this rather interesting, this "separation of church and state" of convenience. Those on the left are the first to say that they want no part of this Christian faith to be dictated to them in our form of government, still others would rather see ANYONE else pick up that torch (particularly government) than place any of that initiative burden onto themselves to even participate. Yet they will always find time to manipulate Christianity into whatever form that fits into their "allowable" ideological excuse towards the need for more government. It's quite the buffet spread the liberals leave for themselves, pick and choose whatever best suits their own interests.

Forum List

Back