Biblical Reasons Why Christians Shouldn't Get Crazy About Abortion

I repeat, followers of God are not to follow laws and practices that are offensive to God. The murder of unborn babies is an offense to God. Claiming one is a Christian while defending abortion is an offense to God.

The only acceptable use of abortion is to save the mother's life.

Anyone that openly applauds abortion, makes excuses for it, defends it as just or right or claims those that Follow God should not see it as the sin it is, is in fact sinning themselves.

It is right and acceptable to attempt to convince these sinners they are wrong and should change their beliefs.
I challenge you to post where I've EVER promoted, supported or defended abortion.

Go for it.

I challenge you to do so.

To the confused, it means that no one should ever judge another person. Following that line of reasoning, murder, theft, extortion and kidnapping would be activities which you cannot judge as wrong.

Of course that's not what the Bible means at all. It is incumbent upon every civilized society to judge that murder is wrong.

Wrong.

It means the individual alone lacks the authority to judge others, and that when one is subject to judgement and potential punishment, it is done in the proper venue and in accordance with the appropriate due process.

Therefore, if one is opposed to abortion, she shouldn’t have an abortion; religious dogma, however, does not give one license to attempt to foist that subjective religious belief on others using the authority of the state.

To the confused, it means that no one should ever judge another person. Following that line of reasoning, murder, theft, extortion and kidnapping would be activities which you cannot judge as wrong.

Of course that's not what the Bible means at all. It is incumbent upon every civilized society to judge that murder is wrong.
And the United States of America has made that judgement. Abortion is legal.

What's your point?

One is not obliged to give unto Caesar that which is offensive to God.

And that one perceives something as ‘offensive to god’ is subjective and lacks even a rational basis to deny citizens their civil liberties.

In my morning devotion yesterday I came across the following verses, Romans 14:10-12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10.

As you can see, the message is very simple.

It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.

It's very clear.

So whenever you see an individual getting all bent out of shape over abortion, claiming Christianity, we know that they don't have the proper connection with Christ they claim and/or believe they do.

This is why I don't get caught up with the nonsense in that debate, because it's up to each individual to make that choice and they will have to face their Maker, not me.

The passage doesn't exactly say what you think it says unless you isolate it from the context of the passage.

The chapter starts with and I'm not sure where the chapter break is actually:

The passage is about a person's conscience.

The passage is about judging a brother with a weaker conscience:

If you actually put yourself in the passage, you are guilty of the passage because you are stumbling your weaker brother who believes Abortion is wrong:

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

If Abortion was a secondary issue, you are still stumbling your brother and disobeying the passage you use on others.

We're actually allowed to judge... Just not on things that are secondary issues. I believe Abortion is a sin.

So no. You can't isolate a text from the passage and make a text a pretext.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
You're taking context and filling it in with your pretext. AKA you're not making any sense.

The passages refer to passing judgement on your neighbor. Specifically, warning against tht and exhorting the individual to leave it up to God.

I think abortion is wrong, my OP isn't a support of abortion.

Sorry brother, but you're simply not making any sense.

A verse has to agree with a passage and a passage has to agree with a chapter. A chapter has to agree with a book and a book has to agree with the other books.

Christians can judge:

1 Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1 Corinthians 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

In addition to what we have said, you have other assumptions.

Last edited:
In my morning devotion yesterday I came across the following verses, Romans 14:10-12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10.

It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.

It's very clear.

So whenever you see an individual getting all bent out of shape over abortion, claiming Christianity, we know that they don't have the proper connection with Christ they claim and/or believe they do.

This is why I don't get caught up with the nonsense in that debate, because it's up to each individual to make that choice and they will have to face their Maker, not me.

That's brilliant dumb ass. I wish I had a dime for every time some idiot said that.

It's very clear.

Negged for proof texting and using said proof texting to justify a political position.

That's correct, no one should judge murder, theft, extortion, and kidnapping. That's why we have courts.

To the idiots, the Bible tells Christians to judge people. Jesus himself told us to do so. The idiots that think we aren't supposed to judge are confusing warnings to make sure you are not committing a sin yourself before proclaiming judgement on others.

Which brings us to the point that you have personally judged people outside the courts more than once.

OP: It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.
passing Judgement and the salvation of mankind are two different subjects ... The final Judgement will include the species as a whole, as well.

we are all in this together - like it or not.

You are wrong.

Please provide biblical evidence to back up that claim sir.

1 Corinthians 6:3.

What's your point?

Does that mean that if the US decides that slavery is legal you will simply suborn your personal moral code to the will of the masses?

Didn't think so.

It's very clear.

The passage doesn't exactly say what you think it says unless you isolate it from the context of the passage.

The chapter starts with and I'm not sure where the chapter break is actually:

The passage is about a person's conscience.

The passage is about judging a brother with a weaker conscience:

If you actually put yourself in the passage, you are guilty of the passage because you are stumbling your weaker brother who believes Abortion is wrong:

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
If Abortion was a secondary issue, you are still stumbling your brother and disobeying the passage you use on others.

We're actually allowed to judge... Just not on things that are secondary issues. I believe Abortion is a sin.

So no. You can't isolate a text from the passage and make a text a pretext.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
You're taking context and filling it in with your pretext. AKA you're not making any sense.

The passages refer to passing judgement on your neighbor. Specifically, warning against tht and exhorting the individual to leave it up to God.

I think abortion is wrong, my OP isn't a support of abortion.

Sorry brother, but you're simply not making any sense.

Your OP is nothing less than claiming that God champions abortion. That makes you a blasphemer, which is something you have to deal with yourself.

It's very clear.

Correct.

The problem manifests, however, among the radical Christian right as a consequence of the ‘Jonah syndrome,’ where many fundamentalists believe that to respect the rights of others makes them as ‘guilty of sin’ as the woman having the abortion.

In fact, many Christian fundamentalists actually believe their god will ‘destroy America’ as ‘punishment’ for allowing the ‘sin’ of abortion to continue.

Needless to say your accurate explanation will have little, if any, effect on the radical Christian right.

Are you now claiming that you are an authority on the Bible?

I repeat, followers of God are not to follow laws and practices that are offensive to God. The murder of unborn babies is an offense to God. Claiming one is a Christian while defending abortion is an offense to God.

Anyone that openly applauds abortion, makes excuses for it, defends it as just or right or claims those that Follow God should not see it as the sin it is, is in fact sinning themselves.

It is right and acceptable to attempt to convince these sinners they are wrong and should change their beliefs.
I challenge you to post where I've EVER promoted, supported or defended abortion.

Go for it.

Let me guess, the OP doesn't count.

in other words, you find ways to justify your politics despite the Lord clearly teaching us not to kill and commanding us to preach His Gospel to the people.

You can forsake your duty to protect the lives of the innocent if you choose. I am not going to. I could not face the Lord knowing I didn't speak out against such evil in our midsts.

Go for it.

The original post.

OP: It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.

passing Judgement and the salvation of mankind are two different subjects ... The final Judgement will include the species as a whole, as well.

we are all in this together - like it or not.

Isn't that weird seeing as he passes judgement in every thread he starts.

Wrong.

It means the individual alone lacks the authority to judge others, and that when one is subject to judgement and potential punishment, it is done in the proper venue and in accordance with the appropriate due process.

Therefore, if one is opposed to abortion, she shouldn’t have an abortion; religious dogma, however, does not give one license to attempt to foist that subjective religious belief on others using the authority of the state.

I owe you another neg.

There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that tells anyone that they do not have the authority to judge people. In fact, Jesus specifically told his disciples that they have the power to forgive sins, and to actually preserve their sins if they decided to do so, something that was clearly reserved by God for Himself up until that point.

John 20
21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Last edited:

What's your point?

One is not obliged to give unto Caesar that which is offensive to God.

And that one perceives something as ‘offensive to god’ is subjective and lacks even a rational basis to deny citizens their civil liberties.

Yet you have no problem with forcing people to toss their civil liberties aside if it fits your political agenda.

Yet judgment is passed on the pre-born.

Right...
Where are you getting this from?

The bible. Tell me, Marc. As a Christian if they legalize pure heroin will you put it in a needle and inject it in your arm? Will you tell your wife not to judge your kids if they decide to follow your example and use it? How about if you aren't a Christian? Is it okay then for your kids to do it? Because it's legal? No? Why not?

Go for it.

You are attempting to convince people that the Bible condones abortion. That it is not a sin to practice abortion and no ones business but the doctor staff and mother. You are appealing to the "give unto Caesar" appeal by Jesus.

It is in fact everyone that believes in God's business to attempt to convince sinners they are sinning and to repent.

God and Jesus were clear..... One must obey the laws of the land they live in EXCEPT when those laws conflict with the words of Jesus and God. Christians are taught by the bible to go out and convert and inform, to teach the unbelievers and the sinners of the err of their ways and to repent to be saved.

You are required by God to do this. One is not JUDGING another when they see a sin and take steps to stop it or teach about it.

Forum List

Back