Biblical Reasons Why Christians Shouldn't Get Crazy About Abortion

In my morning devotion yesterday I came across the following verses, Romans 14:10-12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10.

As you can see, the message is very simple.

It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.

It's very clear.

So whenever you see an individual getting all bent out of shape over abortion, claiming Christianity, we know that they don't have the proper connection with Christ they claim and/or believe they do.

This is why I don't get caught up with the nonsense in that debate, because it's up to each individual to make that choice and they will have to face their Maker, not me.

Not exactly, Mark. If you fear God then I believe you would consider what Proverbs has to say on the matter. Why? Because Proverbs is the Book of Wisdom and we must read Proverbs to gain wisdom.

It is written:

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain, If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not, doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? And he that keepeth thy soul, doth he not know it? And shall not he render every man according to his works?

- Proverbs 24: 10,11, 12

What does this mean, Mark? It means that you have to make a decision as to whether you fear the words of men or the Word of God. ( enough to obey it ) Public opinion is enemy number one. You need to be led by the Spirit and Obey God. Abide by every Word of God and lean not upon your own understanding.

If you do not deliver others from death - those who are ready to be slain - when it is in your power to do it? Then you cannot tell God - I knew it not.. why? Because God knows what is in your heart, Mark, God knows everything. He sees what opportunity you had to deliver that child from death because He is the one that puts the opportunity in front of you. Clearly we see here that God is going to render to every man a judgment for not doing something about saving an unborn life if it were in his power to "speak up". If God were to find one such as yourself trying to justify murder by accusing Gods Word of having "missed it" somehow on the matter of the unborn. You would have blood on your hands. Ezekiel 3: 20,21.

With that said, if a woman has had an abortion and you know about it? You are not to judge her, condemn her, etc. You who are spiritual are to restore such a one - not beat them down... so there's that too.. Also those that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God- he may have you speak a specific word to them, or maybe just offer free babysitting, financial assistance, or you and your wife agree to open your home and take that person in. It is what God puts in front of us that we are held accountable to - I believe.. to whom much is given much is required. Had you not known it was a sin it would not be held against you, Jesus said. Before perhaps you didn't know. Now you do. - Jeri p.s. another good example for Proverbs 24: 10,11,12 would be the Christians like Corrie Ten Boom who rescued Jews and hid them during WWII. Her father knew those Jewish people were about to be delivered up to death and they obeyed Gods word and did what they could to save them. Even at the cost of their own lives. There were other people who turned the Jews away and would not help, would not offer financial aid to get them out of the country, would not do anything.

Last edited:
A verse has to agree with a passage and a passage has to agree with a chapter. A chapter has to agree with a book and a book has to agree with the other books.

Christians can judge:

1 Corinthians 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1 Corinthians 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

In addition to what we have said, you have other assumptions.
I agree 123% with the bolded.

When you say "Christians can judge," what exactly are you referring to?

We can judge what exactly? And what does that mean? Does it mean impose our "judgement" on others, does it mean we go around believing that we are saved and going to heaven while they are going to hell based on what we "judged" about them?

There are different contexts of judgement, so which one are you pertaining to? Please specify.

I repeat, followers of God are not to follow laws and practices that are offensive to God. The murder of unborn babies is an offense to God. Claiming one is a Christian while defending abortion is an offense to God.

The only acceptable use of abortion is to save the mother's life.

Anyone that openly applauds abortion, makes excuses for it, defends it as just or right or claims those that Follow God should not see it as the sin it is, is in fact sinning themselves.

It is right and acceptable to attempt to convince these sinners they are wrong and should change their beliefs.
I challenge you to post where I've EVER promoted, supported or defended abortion.

Go for it.

I challenge you to do so.

You are attempting to convince people that the Bible condones abortion. That it is not a sin to practice abortion and no ones business but the doctor staff and mother. You are appealing to the "give unto Caesar" appeal by Jesus.

It is in fact everyone that believes in God's business to attempt to convince sinners they are sinning and to repent.

God and Jesus were clear..... One must obey the laws of the land they live in EXCEPT when those laws conflict with the words of Jesus and God. Christians are taught by the bible to go out and convert and inform, to teach the unbelievers and the sinners of the err of their ways and to repent to be saved.

You are required by God to do this. One is not JUDGING another when they see a sin and take steps to stop it or teach about it.
That's a LIE straight from the pits of hell!

In no way, shape or form am I condoning, supporting, nor promoting abortion.

That's a fallacy conjured up in the recesses of your mind.

Post the words that I stated that backs up your BOGUS claim.

Yet judgment is passed on the pre-born.

Right...
Where are you getting this from?

The bible. Tell me, Marc. As a Christian if they legalize pure heroin will you put it in a needle and inject it in your arm? Will you tell your wife not to judge your kids if they decide to follow your example and use it? How about if you aren't a Christian? Is it okay then for your kids to do it? Because it's legal? No? Why not?
Post the texts please.

Thanks.

I challenge you to post where I've EVER promoted, supported or defended abortion.

Go for it.

You are attempting to convince people that the Bible condones abortion. That it is not a sin to practice abortion and no ones business but the doctor staff and mother. You are appealing to the "give unto Caesar" appeal by Jesus.

It is in fact everyone that believes in God's business to attempt to convince sinners they are sinning and to repent.

God and Jesus were clear..... One must obey the laws of the land they live in EXCEPT when those laws conflict with the words of Jesus and God. Christians are taught by the bible to go out and convert and inform, to teach the unbelievers and the sinners of the err of their ways and to repent to be saved.

You are required by God to do this. One is not JUDGING another when they see a sin and take steps to stop it or teach about it.
That's a LIE straight from the pits of hell!

In no way, shape or form am I condoning, supporting, nor promoting abortion.

That's a fallacy conjured up in the recesses of your mind.

Post the words that I stated that backs up your BOGUS claim.
One only need read the title of the thread.

in other words, you find ways to justify your politics despite the Lord clearly teaching us not to kill and commanding us to preach His Gospel to the people.

You can forsake your duty to protect the lives of the innocent if you choose. I am not going to. I could not face the Lord knowing I didn't speak out against such evil in our midsts.

Speaking out against does NOT equate to imposing YOUR beliefs upon another free moral agent, aka a human being.

I repeat, followers of God are not to follow laws and practices that are offensive to God. The murder of unborn babies is an offense to God. Claiming one is a Christian while defending abortion is an offense to God.

The only acceptable use of abortion is to save the mother's life.

Anyone that openly applauds abortion, makes excuses for it, defends it as just or right or claims those that Follow God should not see it as the sin it is, is in fact sinning themselves.

It is right and acceptable to attempt to convince these sinners they are wrong and should change their beliefs.

Go for it.

Let me guess, the OP doesn't count.
Repost the words, liar, where YOU believe that I'm doing what you're CLAIMING.

passing Judgement and the salvation of mankind are two different subjects ... The final Judgement will include the species as a whole, as well.

we are all in this together - like it or not.

You are wrong.

Please provide biblical evidence to back up that claim sir.

1 Corinthians 6:3.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

By you posting this verse informs me that you are baby in The Word....if that.

That text refers to the time of Judgement, that is after the Coming of Christ.

Not now for living souls on earth.

You are just running around scrambling for texts that APPEAR to support your very RADICAL beliefs.

No different than the KKK of years gone that used Scripture to support their views on blacks and their bigotry.

Weak and pathetic.

In my morning devotion yesterday I came across the following verses, Romans 14:10-12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10.

It is not for the individual to pass judgement on another for ALL will face judgement one day.

It's very clear.

So whenever you see an individual getting all bent out of shape over abortion, claiming Christianity, we know that they don't have the proper connection with Christ they claim and/or believe they do.

This is why I don't get caught up with the nonsense in that debate, because it's up to each individual to make that choice and they will have to face their Maker, not me.

Telling people that it's murder to kill babies is not "passing judgement". It's warning them of the ultimate judgement so they, in turn, can see the error of their ways.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure that you, and the rest of the rational world, have widely divergent views on what constitutes "getting crazy". If I were a black Christian man, I would be very concerned that the abortionists target the most vulnerable black women, and make a LOT of money off the slaughter of black babies.

How come you RW self-proclaimed Christians don't get this bent out of shape for liars, cheats and idolaters?

Those are sins straight from the Ten Commandments that people, in fact, MOST people, commonly commit.

You folk sure can pick and choose which sins to pursue.

Little gods indeed.

It's very clear.

Telling people that it's murder to kill babies is not "passing judgement". It's warning them of the ultimate judgement so they, in turn, can see the error of their ways.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure that you, and the rest of the rational world, have widely divergent views on what constitutes "getting crazy". If I were a black Christian man, I would be very concerned that the abortionists target the most vulnerable black women, and make a LOT of money off the slaughter of black babies.
No more concerned that I am of hucksters in "Christian garb" stealing the money of gullible souls.

No more concerned than idolaters who put money above all else.

No more than umpteen other sins that God spoke against that humans commonly and consistently commit and a daily, nay, hourly basis in this world.

Why pick and choose which one to go crazy about?

If liars, cheat and idolaters are making $$ by killing babies, then they also receive our censure.

It's about protecting the vulnerable. Not just the babies being killed...they are taken up by God. It's also about protecting the women who are victimized by the abortion industry, and exposing those who use the abortion industry to facilitate the exploitation of those same girls and women.

It's very clear.

No more concerned that I am of hucksters in "Christian garb" stealing the money of gullible souls.

No more concerned than idolaters who put money above all else.

No more than umpteen other sins that God spoke against that humans commonly and consistently commit and a daily, nay, hourly basis in this world.

Why pick and choose which one to go crazy about?

Seems to me that you are picking and choosing.

in other words, you find ways to justify your politics despite the Lord clearly teaching us not to kill and commanding us to preach His Gospel to the people.

You can forsake your duty to protect the lives of the innocent if you choose. I am not going to. I could not face the Lord knowing I didn't speak out against such evil in our midsts.

Speaking out against does NOT equate to imposing YOUR beliefs upon another free moral agent, aka a human being.

Except no one is suggesting we do that. Abortion is a sin. Anyone participating in the act is sinning. You have said it is no ones business and that no one should involve themselves in the practice. You claim the bible justifies this.

God and Jesus both have commanded man to spread the gospel , to teach the redemption and the saving. To confront sin when we see it and to attempt to teach sinners that they are sinning. One can not be saved save they repent get baptized and accept Jesus as their savior. One is not to practice sin.

I can not teach a person about God without noting their sins and instructing them how to avoid said sin. You can not fulfill Gods commandments if you do not attempt to spread the word.

When confronted with an obvious sin there is no justification found in the Bible to ignore it. One can not claim man's law makes it acceptable and thus to be ignored.

You are attempting in this thread to JUSTIFY ignoring a sin. And twisting that concept around your claim that you are not allowed to "judge" others. God and Jesus both have commanded we instruct others in the ways of the Lord.

No one in this thread has advocated anything else. When you see a sinner it is Gods commandment that you try to teach them the way. That would include instructing them on a sin as vile as murdering unborn children, IT IS YOUR place to inform them of this sin.

I am not saying you need to go protest at an abortion clinic. BUT I am saying trying to justify doing nothing and appealing to other Christians to do nothing is in fact doing something and that is a sin.

He's also attempting to claim that killing a baby is no greater sin than lying.

I think the bible shows us that the shedding of innocent blood is one thing that is considered particularly heinous.

And I think it's our duty as Christians not just to protect the babies that are routinely killed...but to protect their mothers, who are so demeaned, degraded, and endangered by the industry.

Go for it.

Quantum Windbag is not a liar. He is a truth teller. Your problem, Mark, is that you cannot handle the truth because it exposes you as the liar here. You are a disgrace and a perfect example of who that warning is for in Proverbs 24: 10, 11, 12

As you appear to have a failure to understand the King James Version posted, here is the NIV:

If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength! Rescue those being led away to death, hold back those staggering towards slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weights the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

That's you, Mark! That is your warning according to Ezekiel 3: 18, 19, ---because
Ezekiel 3: 20,21 is the warning for the righteous which would not apply to you. That's all you get. Bye. - Jeri

If liars, cheat and idolaters are making $$ by killing babies, then they also receive our censure.

It's about protecting the vulnerable. Not just the babies being killed...they are taken up by God. It's also about protecting the women who are victimized by the abortion industry, and exposing those who use the abortion industry to facilitate the exploitation of those same girls and women.
Oh, so the Word of God is based on whether or not money is being made now?

I see.

I see.

You had no problem claiming that no one should do anything about Abortion and then claiming it was from the Bible.

Quantum Windbag is not a liar. He is a truth teller. Your problem, Mark, is that you cannot handle the truth because it exposes you as the liar here. You are a disgrace and a perfect example of who that warning is for in Proverbs 24: 10, 11, 12

As you appear to have a failure to understand the King James Version posted, here is the NIV:

If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength! Rescue those being led away to death, hold back those staggering towards slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weights the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

That's you, Mark! That is your warning according to Ezekiel 3: 18, 19, ---because
Ezekiel 3: 20,21 is the warning for the righteous which would not apply to you. That's all you get. Bye. - Jeri
You are a crazy fanatic posting texts and passages you do not have a proper grasp on.

I'm sorry to see that, however, you are among many with that problem.

The only version of the Bible I read is the KJV, so you're talking more nonsense with that assertion.

I can't handle WHAT truth?

Quantam is a blasted liar yes, because he's CLAIMING something that I stated, that I did NOT state. That is a THEE definition of a LIE!

And seeing as you're defending him that puts YOU in the same bucket as him, liar.

Carry on.

I see.

You had no problem claiming that no one should do anything about Abortion and then claiming it was from the Bible.
You bastards just can't stop with the constant lies can you?

Where in the HECK did I state that "no one should do anything about abortion?"

Please produce the post or posts where I stated or even asserted that.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back